Dan Swäno : Nightingale et Odyssey

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le multi-instumentiste et producteur suédois donne des news sur son projet Nightingale, entre autres :
Swedish multi-instrumentalist/producer Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH) has issued the following update:

So what have I been up to lately? Apart from mixing and mastering for my beloved clients, I have taken up songwriting again!! Most of the ideas are tagged for the upcoming NIGHTINGALE album that I think will be called 'Bravado'. I also have some cool ideas for the cover artwork, and I think someone like Travis Smith (or someone equally talented) would be the man for the job (Travis Smith [did] the SECOND SKY cover artwork... nothing short of amazing!!). Musically, it's a smörgåsbord ranging from early NIGHTINGALE stuff ('Deep Inside Of Nowhere'/'Thoughts From A...' kind of stuff) through AOR vibey stuff a lá 'Glory Days' and 'Scarred For Life' to more hard-edged progressive stuff! I have also done some demos of the old 'non-album' UNICORN songs 'Yellow & Greg' and 'Mr K Just Left The Circus' with a NIGHTINGALE approach and they sound really, really good. The only problem I have is that the lyrics are just too damn awful when you take them out of the concept of UNICORN, and it will take a while to get used to singing something different to these tracks. On the other hand, the music is awesome and these songs really fit our concept.

"Dag [Swanö, Dan's brother] has put up with having new lyrics to all his songs that had other lyrics for like 20 years!!! So maybe it's time I deal with it, and let some good old unicorn songs rise out of obscurity!!

"The ODYSSEY EP has been remastered/restored and sounds almost re-recorded!! The additional cover songs have also been completed!!

* In The Heat Of The Night (SANDRA) feat. Marcus Vanhala on lead guitar
* Eyes Of The World (RAINBOW) feat. Tino Kallioniemi on lead guitar
* Shake The Disease (DEPECHE MODE)
* At The Gallows End (CANDLEMASS)
* Gypsy (URIAH HEEP) feat. Dag Swanö on lead guitar
* Lost Horizons (MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP) featuring lead guitars from Vanhala and Morgan Pettersson

"Most of these songs were up for 'covering' at some earlier point in my career. The SANDRA song was destined for the cancelled ROUTE NINE full-length album. 'Eyes Of The World' was demoed once before for a cancelled NIGHTINGALE EP where we all recorded one song each and played all instruments too. 'At the Gallows End' and 'Lost Horizons' were both candidates for the cover of choice for 'Until Eternity Ends' until I accidentally stumbled on 'Invisible Sun' and felt a 'black album' treatment of that would be a far more original choice ('Lost Horizons' was also covered by MEMENTO MORI at the same time..same label)

"There is also a new unnamed project in the works. I have begun to throw ideas around with Ragnar Widerberg (ex-SAINT DEAMON). The plan is that we will both take care of all instruments where it works the best. Musically, it's gonna be a mix of my writing for MOONTOWER/EDGE OF SANITY and BLOODBATH mixed with the insanity and 'ambiance' of DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE and KARABOUDJAN/PAN THY MONIUM. It will be a concept album about the patients of a home for the criminally insane, located on Swanön!! I have a few ideas about incorporating multiple singers (both growl and clean) and try to keep the whole thing 'Crimson 1-ish' in terms of flow and variety. I might end up growling some myself too. I just have to plan my takes carefully and do like four lines a day, and then it should work.

"SECOND SKY will be completed on the 13th of December. I have already begun mixing and do some touch-ups. So far, so very fucking good!!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

Everflow a écrit :Le multi-instumentiste et producteur suédois donne des news sur son projet Nightingale, entre autres :
Swedish multi-instrumentalist/producer Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH) has issued the following update:
Musically, it's a smörgåsbord ranging from early NIGHTINGALE stuff ('Deep Inside Of Nowhere'/'Thoughts From A...' kind of stuff) through AOR vibey stuff a lá 'Glory Days' and 'Scarred For Life' to more hard-edged progressive stuff!
ben heureusement qu'il precise :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Quoi, c'est explicite quand même. :D
painkillerqueen
Maléficieuse
Maléficieuse

Message par painkillerqueen »

autant que des krispollllsccchhcs
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :Odyssey n'est autre qu'un projet personnel du multi-instrumentiste et producteur suédois bien connu Dan Swanö... Auteur d'un EP 3 titres en 1999 avec l'aide de deux amis musiciens, le bonhomme nous revient cette année avec un album de ses reprises favorites sur lequel il a enregistré tous les instruments (!!!) à l'exception de quelques lead de guitares joués par des invités.

A noter en bonus les trois titres du premier EP du "groupe".

Sortie le 22 Novebre chez Vic Records.
Odyssey - Re-Inventing the Past (2010)
01. Eyes of the World (Rainbow cover) - feat. Tino Kallioniemi
02. In the Heat of the Night (Sandra cover) - feat. Marcus Vanhala
03. Shake the Disease (Depeche Mode cover)
04. At the Gallow's End (Candlemass cover)
05. Gypsy (Uriah Heep cover) - feat. Dag Swano
06. Lost Horizons (Michael Schenker Group cover) - feat. Marcus Vanhala and Morgan Pettersson
07. Cherry (UFO cover)
08. I Am Two
09. I Carry a Secret
10. Amon-Ra
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album de Nightingale :
The moment Nightingale fans have been waiting for is coming. It's pretty big news. The Swedish prog band just revealed that they are releasing their new album, the long overdue 7th studio album called Retribution via the band's new worldwide label InsideOut Music on November 10th, 2014. Take a look at the album cover and all the details below.

Nightingale was established by musical multi-talent and producer Dan Swanö (Edge Of Sanity, Witherscape) almost 20 years ago.

Dan Swanö, who contributes vocals, guitars and keyboards to the fold, commented as follows on Retribution: "We started putting material together for this album already around 2008, but out of all those songs only 2 made it to the album. I felt that, unless it is the best possible Nightingale album, where every song on the album easily could replace any song from our previous albums, there was no point in making a new album at all.

"During the writing of the Witherscape debut album, I wrote a lot of stuff that would work better on a Nightingale album, and before I knew it, I had the skeleton for a lot of potentially awesome Nightingale songs! It was important that the new material had the vibe of the older albums, yet with a better production and performance. I am very confident that all the Nightingale fans will love Retribution: since I made sure I felt the same rush inside me when I listened to the tracks that I did upon listening to the finished version of our most famous tracks from the past!"
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Voici le premier extrait :

"Forevermore"
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

et même un live au Rockhard qui sonne vraiment authentique :
Swedish progressive hard rockers Nightingale have announced the release of their first-ever live album, Rock Hard Live, for December 8th.

Following Nightingale’s latest studio album, Retribution, which was released in 2014 via InsideOutMusic, Rock Hard Live, was recorded at Germany’s Rock Hard Festival in 2016.

Nightingale’s Dan Swanö checked in with the following comment about Rock Hard Live:
“After eight Nightingale studio releases the time had come for a proper live album!

“When we were invited to perform at the prestigious Rock Hard Festival in May 2016 we felt that this could be the right time and place to capture the energy of a Nightingale live performance.

“Once we listened back to the recordings of the gig it became obvious that there was a special vibe both on stage and in the audience that day. In order to capture that we decided to mix the album with a very high percentage of the sound coming from the two audience microphones. This approach gives the listener the sensation of actually being there at the gig when you listen to it, but this also means that you have the occasional out-of-time and tune-notes here and there since there is no way to fix anything in the studio once you mix an album this way.

“So, Rock Hard Live indeed is a genuine sonic snapshot of what Nightingale sounds like on stage, warts and all!”

A first single (and iTunes instant grat track) off Rock Hard Live is also being launched today, along with the album preorder. Check out “Chasing The Storm Away” streaming below.

While InsideOutMusic is handling digital release for Rock Hard Live, its CD and LP (black or colored vinyl) formats will be issued via Spain’s Alone Records, who are also launching an LP version of Nightingale’s latest studio album Retribution on December 8th.

Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Il ferait mieux de reformer EDGE OF SANITY et nous pondre un album digne de Purgatory Afterglow.
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bah, il y en a déjà une reprise sur ce live. :D

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et pour ceux qui voudraient écouter ce que Swanö faisait quand il avait entre 10 et 15 ans (!!), c'est à dire le premier GHOST :D

Ce groupe est ensuite devenu UNICORN.
Long before Tobias Forge achieved worldwide fame with GHOST, there was another Swedish hard rock band with the same name. In 1983, then 10-year-old Dan Swanö started GHOST with his 12-year-old friend Anders Måreby, drawing influences from KISS and other classic rock groups of the late '70s and early '80s. The young duo composed 60 songs between 1983 and 1988, most of them sung in Swedish but a few in English as well. They made several demo and live recordings but never landed a record deal despite their best efforts.

Now, 30 years after Swanö's GHOST transformed into ICARUS and then UNICORN, 30 songs from Dan's first serious band will be released on May 18 by Bone Records on CD (limited to 200 copies) and double gatefold LP (300 copies, black vinyl).

For pre-orders, send an e-mail to: bonerecordssweden@gmail.com.

In the latest issue of Sweden Rock Magazine, Forge said that he wasn't bothered by the upcoming release of "1983-1988". "I think it's cool, it's fun," he said. "I don't think it's negative in any way. It's existing stuff, so they have all the right in the world to do this."

In recent years, Swanö has made a name for himself as an in-demand producer while continuing to make music with a variety of projects.

GHOST's "1983-1988" track listing:

01. Demonernas Intrång
02. Han Vill Bli En Stjärna
03. Kamp För Livet
04. Djävulstriangeln
05. Rädda Dom
06. Vakande Ögon
07. Tänd På
08. Spartacus
09. 3002
10. Solens Söner
11. Fanny