Icarus Witch (heavy metal US)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'avais relativement bien aimé ce groupe américain de Heavy Metal mélodique à la sortie de leur premier album, pas d'originalité et rien d'indispensable au fond, mais ils proposaient un croisement de NWOBHM à la sauce Metal US (Fates Warning, Omen, Helstar), en plus mid-tempo et mélodique, avec un bon chanteur influencé Geoff Tate, Dickinson et Geddy Lee.
A réserver ceci dit aux fans de petits groupes US mélodiques tels que Twisted Tower Dire.

Depuis j'ai pas trop suivi, tout le groupe a changé sauf le chanteur et le bassiste, ils en sont au 3ème album qui sort en février (avec une reprise de "The Ripper"), ça m'a quand même l'air de s'essouffler maintenant mais bon je vous laisse juger :

http://www.myspace.com/icaruswitch

The third full-length CD (fourth overall) from Pittsburgh traditional metallers ICARUS WITCH, mysteriously entitled "Draw Down The Moon", will be released February 9, 2010 through Cleopatra Records.

With a few years of regional headline touring under their belt as well as supporting everyone from HEAVEN & HELL to 3 INCHES OF BLOOD and TROUBLE on the road, "the boys honed their live chops and discovered the formula for what translates to a frenzied crowd and what passages are better left for the headphones," according to a press release. "The end result is a nine-song battle cry called 'Draw Down The Moon' which sees the band in a more mature, yet increasingly aggressive songwriting mode, stripped of the extraneous bells and whistles of synths and samples. This is a back-to-basics, classic metal album with a raw, in-your-face production (once again with Eric Klinger at the controls) that owes as much to '70s Marshall overdrive and gothic tales of yore as it does the '80s flash and modern metal trappings that have become de rigueur in this burgeoning scene ICARUS WITCH is alleged to have helped establish. Apparently the time machine has been set to reverse, and once you dig your teeth into the muscular framework of this future occult rock classic, you will forget about eras, genre tags and hype, and realize what truly matters most...this band knows how to fucking ROCK!"

ICARUS WITCH was recently described as having a "heavy influence of IRON MAIDEN combined with good old-fashioned hard rock/metal production and great musicianship" by Don Jamieson, co-host of VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show". Perhaps this assessment helped land the boys the opening slot on former MAIDEN crooner Paul Di'Anno's first American tour in over 15 years, commencing this January 27 in New York City.

Britain's Metal Hammer magazine recently drafted ICARUS WITCH for both its covermount compilation CD as well as an interview on their feature about the explosive rise of traditional metal with the younger generation of bands, referring to the WITCH as "one of the best new bands to take up the NWOTM (New Wave of Traditiona Metal) standard and carry it triumphantly into the future." With such accolades, the pressure is mounting for the group to top their previous efforts, a feat which has been handily accomplished by the creation of this new album, their first since 2007's critically acclaimed "Songs For The Lost".

"Draw Down The Moon" track listing:

01. Black Candles
02. Aquarius Rising
03. Reap What You Sow
04. Dying Eyes
05. Draw Down The Moon
06. Serpent In The Garden
07. Funeral Wine
08. Haunting Visions
09. The Ripper
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

je ne connais que leur précédent album "songs for the lost" que j'avais trouvé bien bon! :rock: :bang: :rock:

ça me déplait pas ces extraits des nouveaux titres.

Rien de nouveau mais je ne leur en demande pas plus. :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le chanteur vient de se barrer...
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based melodic metallers ICARUS WITCH have parted ways with vocalist Matthew Bizilia and have replaced him with Christopher Shaner.

Commented the band in a statement: "Matthew's contributions to the band have been immeasurable over the past six years.

"While this was a serious decision for both parties, professional differences of opinion led to the change.

"Bizilia is a phenomenal talent who will always be a part of the WITCH family as we wish him much success on his future ventures."
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Pittsburgh traditional metal band ICARUS WITCH began pre-production on its new single, "Tragedy", Monday night (November 22) with producer Dave Watson (MANTIC RITUAL, HERO DESTROYED, CROWN THE LOST, DC COOPER). The group will track the effort at Soundscape Studios in Pittsburgh this week and looks to release the song and video prior to its upcoming tour with former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno. This marks the first time ICARUS WITCH will record with an engineer other than longtime producer Eric Klinger (PRO-PAIN, BUILT UPON FRUSTRATION) who recently relocated to Belgium.

ICARUS WITCH plans to return to the studio after the U.S. tour and record a new full-length album for a 2011 release.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Chaises musicales encore et encore :
Pittsburgh traditional metal band ICARUS WITCH has amicably parted ways with guitarist Ed Skero and drummer Steve Johnson and has replaced them with Dave Watson and Tom Wierzbicky, respectively.

Those in the metal community will know Dave as the vocalist and guitarist for Nuclear Blast thrashers MANTIC RITUAL. Watson is also highly regarded as one of the top producers in the Pittsburgh region and was the man behind the mixing board (and on keyboards) for the latest ICARUS WITCH single, "Tragedy". He has been friends with the band for years and is a natural fit to compliment guitarist Quinn Lukas' melodic metal playing style.

22-year-old Brooklyn, New York native Tom Wierzbicky has been playing drums non-stop for eight years and impressed ICARUS WITCH at his audition by bringing a creative energy, attack and unique precision well beyond his years.

Tom recently drummed for Chicago modern rockers HESSLER and led his own traditional metal crew THUNDERFIST in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He is the perfect fit for the energetic new direction the songs have been taking as the WITCH puts finishing touches on pre-production for its fifth album, to be tracked this fall.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :La quatrième réalisation des américains d'Icarus Witch, "Rise", est paru le 3 juillet dernier sur Cleopatra Records.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Changement de chanteur pour un nouvel album, avec un certain progrès sur l'extrait :
Pittsburgh-based traditional heavy metal outfit ICARUS WITCH has announced the addition of vocalist Andrew D'Cagna (BRIMSTONE COVEN, IRONFLAME) to the group's ranks. The band has also released a music video for "Goodbye Cruel World", the title track of its forthcoming studio album, due later this year via Cleopatra Records.

"After working closely with Andrew in IRONFLAME, I heard his voice in my head singing the new ICARUS WITCH material and thought it would fit perfectly," explains ICARUS WITCH guitarist Quinn Lukas, who also plays live in IRONFLAME. "He delivers his melodies with grit and attitude."

For his part, Andrew says: "I'm both grateful and excited to be part of this new era of ICARUS WITCH. I see this as a chance to expand my horizons as a vocalist and bring a new dynamic element to the band."

The "Goodbye Cruel World" drum sessions were performed by Jon Rice (JOB FOR A COWBOY, SCORPION CHILD) with mixing and pre-production duties handled by Grammy Award-winning producer Neil Kernon (JUDAS PRIEST, NEVERMORE, QUEENSRŸCHE).

"We wanted to go for a different sonic approach this time out — work with someone who was integral to classic metal's heyday but who also still has an ear for modern production," says ICARUS WITCH founder and bassist Jason Myers. "One of the albums Quinn and I always bonded over in terms of production is QUEENSRŸCHE's 'Rage For Order', so Neil Kernon was on our short list of dream producers to work with. The fact that he's been behind the board for vintage KANSAS and LYNCH MOB albums but also worked with trad contemporaries like 3 INCHES OF BLOOD and CAULDRON made him the logical choice to help us push our odd hybrid of dark AOR and proggish metal."

D'Cagna produced his own vocals at Sacred Sound Recording, a busy studio that he operates when not on the road or running Hot Rod Tattooing & Body Piercing shop, both of which are in Martins Ferry, Ohio.

The guitar, bass and drums were tracked by one of Pittsburgh's most in-demand up-and-coming engineers Shane Mayer (DEATHWHITE, POST MORTAL POSSESSION) at Cerebral Audio Productions, where he also edited the video that he filmed for the "Goodbye Cruel World" single.

When it came time to choose a mastering facility, former ICARUS WITCH producer/guitarist Dave Watson recommended Fascination Street in Stockholm, Sweden as they did an admirable job polishing his last production for fellow Pittsburgh metallers ARGUS. This proved to be an excellent match for the new WITCH, which was consequently mastered by Jens Bogren whose work includes the most recent AMORPHIS and KATATONIA.

"We wanted to tell the world about Andrew joining the WITCH last fall when we made it official," Myers admits of the delayed announcement. "At the same time, we wanted to let the music do the talking rather than have people speculate for months what the new music might sound like with his voice. We're stoked to finally be able to share a sample of the new energy and creativity that he helped breathe into the band's sound ahead of our sixth album!"

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Confirmation :

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Je viens de jeter une oreille à ce groupe. Bien sympa dans le style. Juste écouté le dernier album qui est vraiment bon. :rock:
Je vais découvrir les précédents.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

D'après ton post de 2009 tu les connais pourtant. :D
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Démasqué !!!!!!
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Après recherche dans mes albums, j'ai bien "songs for the lost" (sans doute acheté à petit prix dans les bacs du keep it true, sur les conseils d'Arnaud).
J'avais complètement zappé le nom de ce groupe. Alzheimer, déjà? :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania’s long-running traditional metal veterans, Icarus Witch, have released their new single, “Rise Of The Witches”. A lyric video for the song can be found below.

When a band’s been featured on outlets like The Occult Unveiled podcast and Witches & Pagans Magazine in addition to the world’s biggest hard rock magazines, you can bet a new single called “Rise Of The Witches” isn’t going to follow the cliche Hollywood trope of Witches as evil monsters.

Icarus Witch founder Jason Myers, a craft practitioner of nearly four decades and a priest in the Cabot Tradition of Witchcraft, explains why you’d win that bet. “Many of the Witches in my circle are gifted artists, teachers, healers, herbalists, environmentalists, and compassionate activists – a far cry from the stereotypical villains the media often portrays us as. Yet despite enjoying more legal protection now than previous generations did, today’s pagans are still misunderstood and often suffer from dangerous systematic discrimination. As a genre, underground metal has long been about empowering marginalized people to stand together against hypocrites and bullies. ‘Rise of the Witches’ is a metallic battle cry for modern occultists that emphatically declares to close-minded zealots – You’re done here, never again.”

To infuse additional power into this sonic spell, twenty-one actual Witches were summoned to lend their voices to the backing vocals on the chorus. When you hear this mystical congregation chanting “We are witches we shall rise, united far and wide” that is the sound of wise folks who are not afraid to fight for freedom.

While the lyrics came together through inspired automatic writing and make up one chapter of a 9-song concept album, it was the music for “Rise Of The Witches” that came first.

Guitarist and co-writer Quinn Lukas, a renowned music instructor and producer himself, explains how those catchy melodic hooks materialized. “The riffs for ‘Rise of the Witches” came effortlessly. The main chorus riff was simply inspired by late-night jamming through a new amp that I was testing out for the first time. I just slid my hand down the neck and that was the first thing I played. From there it takes on a few twists and turns. I’ve always liked the way that big colorful chords sound when ringing out against interesting rhythmic patterns. I think I get a lot of that from players like Jake E. Lee, Michael Wilton, and Chris DeGarmo.”

Icarus Witch’s seventh release for Cleopatra Records is an occult sci-fi concept album entitled No Devil Lived On. The story is a futuristic reimagining of the Aradia mythos that begins as Earth is nearing ecological and societal collapse. An unlikely alliance of Witches, Wizards, Shamans, and other dimensional beings unite to create a strategy to rid the planet of its greedy mortal overlords. In the process, the old gods take on a new futuristic form in order to communicate with the witches of tomorrow who seek to restore nature’s balance and reset Project Gaia before it’s too late. In other words – Space Witches.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Répondre