reformation de Dokken avec George Lynch et Jeff Pilson?

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Depuis la dernière tournée commune Dokken / Lynch Mob ce n'était qu'une question de temps, et ils en parlaient depuis des années, maintenant c'est fait : George Lynch est de retour dans Dokken.
Reste plus qu'à espérer que Don se remette au boulot pour retrouver sa voix qu'il a complètement salopé ces derniers temps...
On Sunday, February 21, guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE, DOKKEN) was interviewed by host Jim Alvino on the "Turn It Up" show on the WSCA 106.1 FM radio station. Topics of discussion included new albums by SOULS OF WE and LYNCH MOB; songwriting; recording with other artists; and LYNCH MOB's November 2009 West Coast shows as the support act for DOKKEN. During the chat, Lynch also revealed that he has been writing songs for a new DOKKEN album with the band's classic 1980s lineup.

An excerpt from the interview follows below.

Turn It Up: The shows that you did at the end of last year, with LYNCH MOB opening for DOKKEN, and at the end the classic lineup of DOKKEN playing together again, has that now blown up into that lineup working together again?

George Lynch: "Yes, actually it has. And that's something that isn't gonna happen for a little while. We all have our respective commitments, meaning Jeff, Mick, Don and myself are all real busy this year doing other things. But we've all made a commitment to each other to dedicate ourselves to getting back together. We've already got three songs on the table and we're gonna continue to write throughout the year and put the whole business together and probably go in the studio late fall or early winter of this year and then have a record out toward late spring of next year, and then hit the road."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Faut voir ce que ça peut donner. Le resultat n'était déjà pas fameux en 95 avec l'album Dysfonctional et leur première reformation.
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Il faut préciser que Jeff Pilson est également de retour !!!!
Parti un temps avec Dio puis avec Foreigner, il avait été remplacé par Barry Sparks pendant un moment!

Autrement, je m'y attendais ... pas aussi vite.
Le point positif c'est que Lynch revient au top de sa forme ... depuis 1 an il se remet à vraiment bien jouer ...en live et sur album.

Quand à Don Dokken , depuis Erase the Slate, c'est clair que vocalement en live ca part en cacahuete.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Cool. M'enfin ils ont largemment le temps de s'engueuler d'ici là. :/
Jamais vu en live, c'est pourtant un de mes groupes favoris de Hard US. Je croise les doigts pour que ca se fasse.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Yeah!Sin... a écrit :Il faut préciser que Jeff Pilson est également de retour !!!!
Parti un temps avec Dio puis avec Foreigner, il avait été remplacé par Barry Sparks pendant un moment!
En effet j'avais oublié de le préciser pour Pilson.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Lynch se rétracte déjà. :hum:
Mais bon, il y a de bonnes chances que ça aboutisse quand même.
Legendary guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE, DOKKEN) is in damage-control mode these days and wants to retract any of his earlier statements concerning a possible reunion of the classic lineup of DOKKEN. According to an official press release, Lynch "apologizes for being preemptive and [claims that he] just simply misspoke in his excitement." He says, "We are TALKING about a possible reunion for 2011, but it's still in early stages!"
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Je reviens un peu aussi sur ce que j'ai dit du coup. :D :D
Honnetement , la priorité c'est d'abord la voix de Don Dokken.
Franchement, à chaque fois que Lynch est revenu c'était moisi.
Le dernier Lynch Mob était pas mal , autant qu'il continue avec son groupeL
Pilson je m'en fous, il était bien avec Foreigner et Barry Sparks faisait bien son boulot.
Y'a des reformations pas obligatoires!
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
metalblasphemer
Papy Salaud
Papy Salaud

Message par metalblasphemer »

Parfois même, certaines reformations devraient être interdites...
Gasp a écrit sur Facebook:

Ta vie est un défi perpétuel au continuum espace-temps.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En attendant ils sortent une compilation avec une nouvelle chanson (en vidéo ci-dessous) :
Audio samples of all the songs that appear on DOKKEN's new greatest-hits package, "Greatest Hits 2" — a collection of all-new versions of tracks such as "Dream Warriors", "Breaking the Chains" and "Just Got Lucky", paired two new songs and two covers (including a version of "Lies", originally recorded by THE KNICKERBOCKERS, available on the Japanese version of the CD only) — are available on Amazon.com. Due in Japan on April 21 via King Records, the CD will be made available in the U.S. on Cleopatra's Deadline Records imprint.

The MP3 version of "Greatest Hits 2" has been made available for purchase via Amazon.com.

"Greatest Hits 2" track listing:

01. Just Got Lucky
02. Breaking The Chains
03. Into The Fire
04. The Hunter
05. In My Dreams
06. It's Not Love
07. Alone Again
08. Dream Warrior
09. Unchain The Night
10. Tooth And Nail
11. Almost Over (new song)
12. Magic Man (new song)
13. Bus Stop (the HOLLIES cover)
14. Lies (THE KNICKERBOCKERS cover) (Japanese bonus track)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Goerge Lynch dit qu'il n'y a jamais eu de conflit entre lui et Dokken, que c'est une histoire montée de toutes pièces et qu'ils avaient seulement des désaccords en terme de business. Crédible?
Guitar International: Have you mended fences with Don Dokken?

George: The Don-George conflict is really a fallacy and a created illusion. We're absolutely fine. We had had business disagreements for sure but, what band or business partners don't? We've been fine for years. It's all been blown way out of proportion over the years and it's an old tired story.

Guitar International: How is the LYNCH MOB tour going and what does the future hold for the band?

George: The current incarnation of LYNCH MOB is my dream band. I'm playing with Brian Tichy (drums) who I've been dreaming of playing with for years. We're really good friends and just having a blast together. Were also neighbors, so were always hanging out, playing video games and jamming at the house. Playing with Brian and the guys is like being back in a band with my high school friends, only big time. My band mates are my family. We're working on a new record with Jeff Pilson on bass. I can't tell you how much fun it is working with Jeff and Brian. They are ridiculously amazing musicians but more importantly just beautiful human beings. Funny, smart, talented and giving people, if the world was made up of more people of their caliber we'd be a lot better off.
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

J'aime bien ce groupe, total respect. J'ai quelques albums de DOKKEN, et le 1er Lynch Mob : ils ne m'ont jamais déçu sur ces albums : la grande classe. Le nouveau morceau, "Almost Over" est très prometteur (des soli chromés de Lynch), mais c'est vrai que Don a perdu son "grain de voix" si reconnaissable avant.
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

J'ai mis en boucle ce morceau, où justment il me semblait retrouver Le Don DOKKEN de la bonne époque !à mon avis cet inédit date sûrement ou bien c'est la prod. Enfin c'est prometteur mais la tournée actuelle de George Lynch en solo n'augure pas une reformation à moins que ... :rock:
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En fait c'est Jon Levin qui joue encore sur ce nouveau single "Almost Over", plutôt plaisant ouaip. :)
ominergy
Agent of Steel
Agent of Steel

Message par ominergy »

C'est vrai qu'il est facile de confondre Levin avec Lynch mais c'est un point commun à tous ses remplaçants : même les guitaristes reconnus comme Reb Beach ou John Norum ont été obligés de s'imprégner complètement du style de Mr Lynch au point d'en perdre leurs propres personnalités.
Concernant la relation Dokken/Lynch, leur rivalité était quand même leur fond de commerce à la grande époque, même si c'était plus Dokken contre le reste du groupe ;) .
bobmaurane
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par bobmaurane »

Le retour de la guitare "tiger" ?
I hear her voice in the night
Cries of joy
We were good... good...good...
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

:o

C'est quand la dernière fois que Dokken est passé en France avec Lynch ?? :(
:riff:
Metal B
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Metal B »

Je sais pas...avec AC/DC au Zénith de Paris en avril 1988, pour l'album Back For The Attack?
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

Everflow a écrit :Goerge Lynch dit qu'il n'y a jamais eu de conflit entre lui et Dokken, que c'est une histoire montée de toutes pièces et qu'ils avaient seulement des désaccords en terme de business. Crédible?
je me souviens d'avoir lu cela au début des années 90 dans un HARD FORCE ou HARD ROCK MAG.

lynch et don expliquaient que cela avait été monté de toutes pieces avec l'aide de la maison de disque mais que cela avait été bien au dela de leurs espérances en terme de publicité et qu'ils avaient même eu du mal a controler le tout.
cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Metal B a écrit :Je sais pas...avec AC/DC au Zénith de Paris en avril 1988, pour l'album Back For The Attack?
Ah ouais, quand même !!! J'avais 9 ans, j'aurais pas pu les voir...... :(

La mésentente entre Lynch et Don Dokken, montée de toutes pièces ?? Mais on nous a pris pour des cons alors ? A moins que ce ne soit maintenant qu'on nous prenne pour des cons......:(
:riff:
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Everflow a écrit :Goerge Lynch dit qu'il n'y a jamais eu de conflit entre lui et Dokken, que c'est une histoire montée de toutes pièces et qu'ils avaient seulement des désaccords en terme de business. Crédible?
Mouais ....
A côté de ça sur la tournée en 88 Lynch sur scène se cachait limite derrière les enceintes! Je ne vous raconte pas l'ambiance :D
Si ça a été monté de toutes pièces ils ont voulu contrôler chaque details! :lol:

Moi je n'y crois pas.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

George Lynch dans cette interview en rajoute une couche sur Don Dokken qui selon lui "ne voulait pas partager l'argent au sein du groupe", raison du split :

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/201 ... ose-Friday
Mike Thiel from the Appleton Post Crescent spoke with legendary LYNCH MOB/ex-DOKKEN guitarist GEORGE LYNCH recently about a number of topics. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Appleton Post Crescent: Do you wish Dokken could’ve held on for a few more years before it split up or was it time?

Lynch: "Well, if we butterfly effected and we turned left instead of right back in 1979, had everything been different? We could think about that until we go crazy, but of course, I was very disappointed that the band broke up. It was something that I worked on for 10 years, dedicated a decade of my life to and I watched it fall apart because of one person in particular’s greed. What happens in a band’s lifespan, at least back when we were having success in the ’80s, when you’re selling records and you’re on an upward trajectory as far as your record sales go and your record deal is up for renegotiation, that is a perfect storm for you, in a good sense. That’s when you go in to renegotiate your deal and you have a lot of leverage and that’s when you get paid for life.

Some of these bigger bands like MÖTLEY CRÜE was a label mate of ours and they got a $25 million deal. ANTHRAX got a $12.5 million deal. That’s what we were looking at and that’s what Don (Dokken) was looking at. And what Don wanted to do was basically have all that money for himself and not share it. So we all worked equally hard – nah, I wouldn’t even give him that – but we all worked very hard to get where we were at and it was finally payday and he decided to pull the green card and try to cast us all aside and keep it all for himself. That’s really what is was all about. You can say it was bad chemistry or George was this or I was that. It’s all smoke and mirrors. What it was all about was one person wanted it all and that’s what was disgusting about it. It ended up hurting everybody, including himself."

Appleton Post Crescent: Everyone thought the glory days lineup of Dokken was back on in 2010 and then the reunion was canceled. What happened?

Lynch: "The same motivation that caused (Don Dokken) to break up the band originally was the same reason the reunion didn’t happen. At the end of the day, he made it sound as if he was willing to go along and be fair and split everything up as a band and when it came down to the eleventh hour, he wanted it all. He figured he’d set the ball in motion and get everybody’s hopes up and do all the press and have all these meetings and do all this legwork and put the managers and band members through all this pain. You get invested in the idea and then this is his whole car salesman bait-and-switch. … He’s a piece of work. Whatever. And I don’t mind talking about this. People say you shouldn’t talk about all this stuff. No one wants to hear about that. Actually, I think that it’s important. I think people are interested in how the business works. Behind the scenes stuff, what really occurs when the rubber hits the road."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

George Lynch révèle que des discussions ont à nouveau lieu pour une reformation, comme tous les 3-4 ans en somme :
Former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch says that talks are once again underway about a resurrection of the band's classic lineup. He tells Glide Magazine in a new interview: "The project that is on the table right now is possibly a DOKKEN reunion, but of course that comes and goes every couple of years [laughs], so who knows. But we're talking again about that.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/george ... TiIOLfU.99
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ce serait pas une très bonne idée ...
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
steelprophet
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par steelprophet »

Quiconque a vu (et surtout entendu !)DON DOKKEN ces dernieres années sait que cette réunion serait un échec de toute maniere...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Jeff Pilson confirme que les discussions sont encore en cours pour cette reformation :
Former DOKKEN and current FOREIGNER bassist Jeff Pilson was interviewed by rock journalist Mitch Lafon for a recent edition of the "One On One With Mitch Lafon" podcast (Facebook page). You can now listen to the chat using the Spreaker widget below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On the possibility of a reunion of DOKKEN's classic lineup, featuring Pilson, vocalist Don Dokken, guitarist George Lynch and drummer Mick Brown:

Pilson: "We're actually working really hard to try and pull something together right now. It has to fall in spaces where there is time off [from my gig with FOREIGNER], so I don't know for sure whether it's gonna happen. So let's just say we're all friendly now, we're all past all the decades-old crap, and we all talk and everything's great. Now it really is just down to scheduling and trying to figure it out. Because, you know, you've gotta do it right, if you're gonna do it. We all feel that way.

"I think we've all come to a place where we're very appreciative of the legacy that DOKKEN has, and we would never wanna just do something for the money and take advantage… 'Cause we get offered a lot of things quite often, and if we wanted to do it that way, we could. But the fact that we don't, I think, is a great sign. I think when we do finally do something, we're gonna try and do it right. Although I don't know if we're gonna ever get to do the big sweeping tour that we've talked about — mostly because of the FOREIGNER commitment — but we're gonna try and do something. So hopefully I'll have something to report sometime soon."

On what would be the "right way" for a DOKKEN reunion to happen:

Pilson: "I think, really, to do it right means that when we go out there, we sound good — no matter how many or few shows we do, no matter… new music or old music. I would love to record some new music with DOKKEN; I would love that. I just don't know if we can or will. I have a sense that sometime we will, somehow, but we'll see. Again, it's just down to quality. Doing it right means doing it with quality. 'Cause we were always very quality conscious back in the day, and I don't think any of us wanna let that go now."

On the current relationship between the members of the DOKKEN classic lineup:

Pilson: "No matter how argumentative a band is, no matter how much… I mean, think of all the time we spent together, think of what we accomplished together… I don't care what anybody says; we all love each other — we really do. There is a love in there that's… I mean, sometimes it's two siblings that love and hate at the same time, but there is a lot of love there. So I'm very glad that when I get an e-mail from Don, I'm not [going], 'Oh, God.' I'm excited to read it. George and I have been close for a long time, so that hasn't been an issue for a while. But, yeah, it feels really good.

"We shared something very special together. I think we're all at the point in life where we kind of appreciate it now. And if we ever get a chance to do some more with it, I think… It would be very interesting, because we've never been in a situation where there wasn't animosity, so I don't know. [Laughs] Maybe it won't work. I don't know. [Laughs]"

On some people's theory that the tension between the DOKKEN members is what made it so great:

Pilson: "That's such a theory, but in our case, that's so not true, because had we been more together, we could have been so much more productive with what we had. 'Cause there's a lot of talent there. I mean, there's one of the greatest rock guitar players ever. There's a rhythm section that was very, very groove-oriented and heavy. And there was singing that could be… there was a huge range of singing there. One of my favorite lyricists in rock is Don Dokken. I mean, there was serious, serious talent in there. So I always think that our tension actually spoiled what could have been really, really great and turned it into just great."

Lynch last year told Glide Magazine about the possibility of a DOKKEN reunion: "Of course, that comes and goes every couple of years [laughs], so who knows. But we're talking again about that."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dokken ... j5jcJfz.99
Répondre