SOLSTICE: départ du chanteur

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Il arrête pour cause de problèmes d'audition :/

After our first couple of shows Paul has decided that he will end his tenure as the vocalist for SOLSTICE. We're all very sad to lose him, and it's not a reflection of the quality of Paul's voice or his incredible ability as a frontman.

As we get older, we all lose our hearing to a certain degree, and even more so for people like Paul and myself who have had decades of Marshall abuse, and it's this that has caused the problem. Studio work with SOLSTICE is not a problem for him, but the live environment where things can be hit or miss in terms of quality of sound onstage is. Paul's pitching had suffered on these first couple of gigs, and we felt we were all struggling.

In Paul's own words

"It's with sadness that I'm out of the new SOLSTICE project. After 2 gigs it's clear that my voice isn't fitting in. There's no "in fighting" no "musical differences" just common sense. I don't feel 100% and it's not fair on the band to continue trying to blag my way though the hearing and pitching problems I'm having on stage.

I know that Rich Walker and I will remain friends and I'm sure we'll work together again at some point this year. Until then I going to get stuck into the solo album that up till now has only had 50% of my attention. I hope SOLSTICE fans around the world understand the decision that's been made and I can only apologize for the European dates getting cancelled because of it.

I wish Rich, Len, Andy and of course my old friend Rick all the best."

As Paul say's, we intend to collaborate in the summer and make a racket togther, but this time I think it will be more onPaul's home ground where we all know he can excel and hold his own. We four remaining members are fucking pissed off the way things have turned out, but we're all committed to doing the best we can in terms of a live performance. I can't thank Paul (& Ness!) enough for all his (their) hard work, and it has been hard work no doubt about it. There isn't anybody more deserving of recognition than him in my eyes for his work with SCARAB in the 80's/00's and his soon to be unleashed solo outing. We're big boys now, you'll not hear a bad word out of us about Paul, he'll always be a mate to all of us.

And so, we are currently searching for a new full time vocalist. The successful candidate should have the following qualities.

*Powerful and unique voice
*Stage presence, and the ability to talk to an audience
*A love of the loud and heavy
*A black sense of humour
*Be willing to travel in the UK and Europe for shows
*Be willing to get a round in
*Be over 30 years of age.

Interested? Then email NO-SPAMmetalculte@hotmail.com (Removing the NO SPAM part) with your details, audio samples, pics and promises of large amounts of money. Until this is sorted we will continue to rehearse and write new songs for the next album. Tally ho!
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Sire Garath
Caught in a Mosh
Caught in a Mosh

Message par Sire Garath »

Sacrée mauvaise nouvelle, a la fois pour lui et pour la communauté Metal. Moi qui esperais un jour un nouvel album... :(
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

QUOI ?? :casque:
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Excellent King David
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Pour les fans de SOLSTICE, une cassette avec des titres live de 1994 et 2000,et 2 demos de 1996 est dispo sur http://aforja.org/ pour 5 euros ! A ne pas manquer. :amour:

Blog de SOLSTICE : http://solstice-englander.blogspot.com/
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

deux extraits live très récents avec en guest le chanteur de PROCESSION, en attendant le nouveau chanteur qui débutera en septembre:

http://solstice-englander.blogspot.com/
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

quel putain de bon chanteur Felipe! J'adore sa voix. Ila d'ailleurs un nouveau groupe du nom de VEIN en court:

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Le groupe ve entrer en studio pour enregistrer leur 3ème album, le 1er depuis le fabuleux New Dark Age paru en 1998.

Des extraits de répets récentes.

Je ne suis pas du tout convaincu par le nouveau chanteur. :/ Le résultat final me donnera peut être tort ...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici leur premier enregistrement en 15 ans :
British doom metal outfit SOLSTICE has completed its first recording since 1998's "New Dark Age" album. Recorded in GM Studios in Huddersfield and mixed by Richard Whittaker, the new material will be released as a four-song, 27-minute mini-album entitled "Death's Crown Is Victory". Initially available as a download from the SOLSTICE Bandcamp page, it will be followed by a vinyl release and a CD version. Ireland's Into The Void Records will also release the album on cassette.

The new SOLSTICE track "I Am The Hunter" can now be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

SOLSTICE released only two albums and one EP before going their separate ways more than a decade ago.

Formed in the early 1990s by vocalist Simon Matravers, the band included guitarists Richard M. Walker and John Piras, bassist Lee "Chaz" Netherwood, and drummer Lennaert Roomer. According to AllMusic, the group introduced its particularly sorrowful style via its 1994 debut album, "Lamentations" (Candlelight). The "Halcyon" EP (featuring guitarist Gian Pyres, later of CRADLE OF FILTH) followed in 1995, after which SOLSTICE experienced numerous business-related and internal difficulties. By the time "New Dark Age" was released, the band featured only two original members (Walker and Netherwood) alongside vocalist Morris Ingram, guitarist Hamish Hamilton Glencross and drummer Rick Budby.

SOLSTICE is:

Paul Kearns - Vocals
Richard Walker - Guitars
Andy Whittaker - Guitars
Ian "Izak" Buxton - Bass
James Ashbey - Drums

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/solsti ... ULRwhsF.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

HEAVY !!! :bang: :bow:

Plus de détails sur le blog du groupe : http://solstice-englander.blogspot.fr/
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Le chanteur est différent de ce que Solstice nous a habitués. Si j'écoute des extraits de Funeral Circle avec leur nouveau chanteur qui a justement été dans Solstice, j'entends un gars dans la lignée de Matravers et Ingram. Sinon, j'apprécie ce nouveau morceau. :rock: Ça rappelle beaucoup Isen Torr, on se demande pourquoi. :dehors:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Tu n'as pas torr. :oops:
Tony Le Pouilleux

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

Et hop, en ligne en attendant la sortie physique. :bang:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

:amour: Merci pour le lien. :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ça arrive :
Into The Void Records (a division of Invictus Productions) has set February 10th as the international release date for "Death's Crown is Victory," the comeback record from U.K. doom band Solstice. The following press release was also issued about the band:

"The legacy of England’s Solstice has remained untouched, and their crown unobtainable even by the few bold enough to try. However, a stirring from the sinistral depths awoke the epic metal behemoth Solstice from their slumber, and in the last three years, the band have been rehearsing, writing, and gigging around Europe and solidifying a full working lineup.

"Founding member Rich Walker originally put the band on ice in 2002, but began putting the pieces back together in 2007, although it took him until 2011 to begin to find musicians who were of the same mindset and not faint-hearted. Joined by Andy Whittaker (ex-The Lamp of Thoth), Paul Kearns (ex-Arcane Sun), Ian 'Izak' Buxton (ex-Chorus of Ruin) and James Ashbey, Solstice in 2014 live by their motto: NEVER SURRENDER - NO REMORSE.

"Unleashing their first new recording in 13 years, the band have created a mini-LP of unparalleled and peerless heavy metal cutting and slashing its way through a scene of hopeless and hapless pretenders, turncoats, and the feeble. Death's Crown is Victory is not a return to form; it is a statement of further intent, an undeniable clarion call to arms.

"Recorded at GN Studios in Huddersfield by Kerry Hughes, and mixed and mastered by Rich Whittaker (responsible for some of today's biggest remastering/remix work, such as Black Sabbath, The Who, The Clash, etc) at FX Mastering, Death's Crown is Victory is a step towards a more natural and live production for the band as they try to capture their onstage sound.

"Further recordings will see them take this direction again and to whatever logical conclusion it reaches, as the band are now in the writing process of their next record, To Sol A Thane, once again to be recorded with Rich Whittaker and Kerry Hughes."

The "Death's Crown Is Victory" track listing is as follows:

1. Fortress England
2. I Am The Hunter
3. Death's Crown Is Victory
4. Aequinoctium II
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Toujours pas convaincu par ce nouveau chanteur par contre. Gros son, excellentes guitares, mais compos manquant de génie. Un poil déçu, 15 ans d'attente pas récompensées pour ma part. J'attends l'album fin 2014 pour me faire un avis plus définitif.
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Un très bon nouveau morceau à paraitre sur le nouvel EP.

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un peu long mais on sent la bouteille. :)
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

il a l'air fantastique cet album, et j'adore le chant, très expressif, la marque de fabrique du groupe.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

olivier64 a écrit :
26 janv. 2014, 22:26
Toujours pas convaincu par ce nouveau chanteur par contre. Gros son, excellentes guitares, mais compos manquant de génie. Un poil déçu, 15 ans d'attente pas récompensées pour ma part. J'attends l'album fin 2014 pour me faire un avis plus définitif.
Donc ton avis définitif a pas mal évolué depuis visiblement. :)
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Je trouve qu'il force moins sa voix, ça paraît plus naturel, plus doux, et ça m'accroche beaucoup plus. ;)
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Le sujet de 2011 redevient d'actualité. Le groupe se sépare de son chanteur Paul Kearns. En attendant de recruter un remplaçant définitif, un chanteur mystère sera là en dépannage pour les concerts à venir (dont le Keep It True de week-end prochain). On peut s'étonner de l'annonce abrupte et du fait que Paul Kearns ne puisse pas assurer les importants très prochains concerts.

"Attention! Achtung! Attenzione!
After 8 years working together, we came to the conclusion that the bands path and that of Paul must finally diverge.
We would all like to wish Paul all the best with future endeavours, and thank him for his time with SOLSTICE.
As a consequence of this, we are now looking for a new full time vocalist; interested potential candidates can contact the band email address; please include a brief bio, photo and some form of audio of previous work. This position requires hard work, dedication, and a love of the heaviest metal!
And while we take our time to find the right voice to fit the band, we shall continue to write the next album, and work on adding some new songs to the set.
For the immediate future, vocalist duties at forthcoming gigs such as Keep It True, Manchester and Party San Open Air will be handled by our good friend ******** of ******** so expect nothing less than the HEAVIEST epic metal madness!! Initial demos of him singing with us sound utterly crushing!!
No surrender, ever!!"
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: SOLSTICE: départ du chanteur

Message par BurningDarkness »

Curieux de savoir qui va le remplacer pour les quelques dates à venir... et a priori juste pour ces dates
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

tout pareil
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Répondre