Hatriot (projet de Steve "Zetro" Souza (Exodus) et son fils)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Nouveau groupe de thrash avec Zetro au chant et son fils Cody à la basse.
Veteran San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal vocalist Steve "Zetro" Souza (TENET, DUBLIN DEATH PATROL, EXODUS, LEGACY) has launched a brand new thrash project called HATRIOT.

The group, which is currently unsigned, consists of the following musicians:

Steve "Zetro" Souza - Vocals
Andrew Gage - Guitar
Kosta Varvatakis - Guitar
Cody Souza (Zetro's son) - Bass
Alex Bent - Drums
Nouveau titre ici: http://www.hatriotmetal.com/

kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

sans blagues,c'est un pur plagiat d'exodus ! :mouais:
au debut j'ai cru a une cover de "toxic waltz"
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

J'écouterai le titre tantôt, mais Hatriot, ça vient clairement de Scar Bangled Banner: I'm not a patriot, just a hatriot!
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

kingdavid666 a écrit :sans blagues,c'est un pur plagiat d'exodus ! :mouais:
au debut j'ai cru a une cover de "toxic waltz"
C'est clair que le riff principal y ressemble à mort!

Depuis ils ont mis en ligne toute la démo 4 titres, et c'est clairement à destination de tous les fans de Tempo of the Damned.
Bon, pour la personnalité, on repassera. Mais ça défoule. :bang:

http://www.facebook.com/hatriot?v=app_178091127385

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Zetro affirme qu'il aimerait bien rejoindre Exodus, et il pense que ça arrivera.

Gary Holt l'a aussitôt recadré! :lutte:
EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt says that the band's former singer, Steve "Zetro" Souza, will never be asked to rejoin the group despite the fact that Zetro has gone "on a public relations blitz to get his job back."

In a June 3 interview with DJ JC Green of Metal Messiah Radio's "Heavy Metal Thunder", Zetro was asked if there is any chance that he will ever return to front EXODUS. "I would love to be there again," he replied. "It would be great for all the fans to be able hear me sing my songs again."

He continued, "[The current members of EXODUS and I have] talked over the past few years. They do have a singer; his name is Rob [Dukes]. Everybody knows that that's their singer for right now and until that decision is made otherwise, I completely understand and that's why I go along with [my new band] HATRIOT, for one. But how great would that be to see Zetro up there again singing those famous songs like 'The Toxic Waltz' and 'Cajun Hell' and all the good ones?"

He added, "I'm looking forward to it, too. I'm sure it will happen one day. One of these days it will happen. All you EXODUS fans will have to see. I hear you everywhere I go: 'Zetro, we want you back in the band.' [But] it's not my decision. If it was up to me, you know what I would do. So I just want you guys to know it probably will happen some day. Just keep your fingers crossed. Go to [EXODUS'] web site, [and] tell Gary Holt; he's the man you have to convince."

Responding to Zetro's comments after they were posted on BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Holt wrote, "This dude is on a public relations BLITZ to get his job back!

"Just because I don't hold a grudge [against him] DOES NOT mean he's ever gonna get his job back.

"What TOTAL disrespect he showed to me, Rob, and this band. I guess he figures he'll take it to the streets to build up some kind of hype. He believes what he wants to believe, I guess, that the entire world is waiting for his glorious return.

"He came to my birthday party and I figured he'd hit me up, but he's saving it for interviews. I'd feel bad if I were in his band, knowing all he wants to do is bail on them.

"Funny, the band is doing better than ever and we so desperately need him, it seems! LOL! . . . It's really quite sad, like a dude begging for his woman back even though she's long since moved on. Like 'I'll get her back, you just watch, she may be getting nailed by someone else, but she really belongs to me, she just doesn't realize it yet!'

"Move on, man, move on. [You] had your chance, [you] didn't want to work at it, now it's not waiting for you anymore."

In another message, Holt added, "I think [Zetro's] band [HATRIOT] is cool and they are a bunch of motivated youngsters with a lot of drive.

"I have nothing against Zetro; really I don't. I consider him a friend, but the lobbying through the press for people to convince me to give him his job back just got under my skin, because Rob is NOT a placecard holder in EXODUS, he's our singer.

"Zetro's place in EXODUS history is solid, he made some great records with us, and had a good run with the band. But this is now, not then, and we do not plan on throwing away what we have to go back in time."

Zetro left EXODUS in September 2004 on the eve of the band's South American headlining tour over what was described as long-standing business and personal differences. Holt subsequently issued a statement calling Souza "human crap" for pulling out the trek "only about twenty-four hours before were ready to leave." He added, "Yes, he did a killer job on the new album [2004's 'Tempo Of The Damned'], but mainly because we did not allow him to fuck everything up with his stupid Bon Scott impersonations anymore. We made him sing more like [previous vocalist Paul] Baloff. I tried to make it work. More than you can imagine. But he was (is) the most miserable pile of crap to be around."
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Même si je ne suis pas le plus grand fan de Dukes, je trouve ça tout à fait honorable de la part de Holt de soutenir son chanteur. :up:

Sinon, bah il peut toujours rêver le Zetro on dirait. :lol:
En tout cas, ça ne se fait pas trop de balancer des trucs comme ça dans une interview pour mettre l'eau à la bouche aux fans et mettre la pression sur Exodus. Et puis comme Holt le dit, Zetro prend un peu ses zicos actuels pour des bouches trous quoi. :lol:
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

on en reparle dans deux ans :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vu dans un autre topic, mais ça a sa place ici. :)

Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Au passage, le groupe a signé chez Massacre Records.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie fin janvier.
HATRIOT, the San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal band led by former EXODUS frontman Steve "Zetro" Souza, will release their debut album, Heroes Of Origin, on January 25th via their new deal with Germany's Massacre Records. The album artwork was created by Mark Devito (MOTÖRHEAD)
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

la pochette est merdeveilleuse :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils se sont pris pour Captain America!
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

musicalement c'est pas mal du tout, je vais me le prendre celui là. Et après peut être qu'il reviendra enfin dans Exodus.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview où il parle du plaisir d'être dans un groupe avec ses 2 fils, et compare l'album d'Hatriot à "Tempo of the Damned" :

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/intervi ... ?intid=312
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

blague a part l'album est une reussite totale, un album du pur thrash qui remet les pendules a l'heures !!!!!!
La pochette est certes bof mais le contenu :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

cool, je l'ai ramené du Metal Assault le week end dernier mais toujours sous cellophane.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En écoute intégrale ici : https://soundcloud.com/earsplit
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Clip :

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

yep très bon disque je trouve, bien meilleur que les derniers Exodus... ils auraient pu soigner la forme (pochette, nom du groupe, look des musiciens :D ) mais sinon ça thrash sec
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

ca donne l'impression le groupes des fistons souza et qui ont pris papa comme frontman :)
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un nouvel album est annoncé :
HATRIOT, the San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal band led by former EXODUS and LEGACY (pre-TESTAMENT) frontman Steve "Zetro" Souza, will release its sophomore album, "Dawn Of The New Centurion", on January 24, 2014 through Massacre Records. The band once again used producer Juan Urteaga and graphic artist Mark DeVito for the new effort, which will be made available on CD and digital download, as well as a limited-edition CD digipak with bonus tracks, and a limited-edition vinyl LP.

"Dawn Of The New Centurion" track listing:

01. From My Cold Dead Hands
02. Your Worst Enemy
03. The Fear Within
04. Honor The Rise And Fall
05. Superkillafragsadisticactsaresoatrocious
06. Silence In The House Of The Lord
07. World Funeral
08. Dawn Of The New Centurion
09. Consolation For The Insane

"Over the past year, HATRIOT has grown tighter as a band, and the songs on the new record will reflect that," said Souza. "The songs are longer and more melodic, while keeping the classic thrash metal feel that we are known for.

"'Heroes Of Origin' was our 'Kill 'Em All', and 'Dawn Of The New Centurion' is our 'Ride The Lightning'."

The first single from "Dawn Of The New Centurion" will be "The Fear Within".

HATRIOT will be touring Europe in December, and plans on including some new material into its live set.

HATRIOT's drummer is none other than Steve's son, Nicholas Souza. Nicholas auditioned for the band after the departure of Alex Bent and "proved himself to be the best choice," according to Steve.

HATRIOT's lineup also includes Zetro's son Cody, who got his first bass as a present from his father after Zetro bought it off current EXODUS bassist Jack Gibson. "I told him," Zetro said in a recent interview with Metalholic.com, "'You have to try out [for the bassist position in HATRIOT if you want to be in the band]. There's no nepotism here, boy. If you can hang, you're on.' So he actually tried out, and he got the gig."

Regarding HATRIOT's musical direction, Zetro said, "It's in the vein of typical Bay Area thrash, but these guys are a lot younger, so there's gonna be some blast-beats in there. There's gonna be some kind of death [metal] approach to it, a little bit. 'Cause these guys are new. They're raw, and they're fast, young, heavy, hard and aggressive, and I'm trying to convey that along as well."

He added, "These new kids seem to understand what we did in the '80s, but still bring a little bit of a new essence to it. We put that together with what I write vocally and it's turned out to be really, really killer. It's good stuff."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steve- ... QQPdEb6.99
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

le premier album était excellent !
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

le premier album etait, au mieux, sans intérêt.
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

mais bien meilleur que les derniers Exodus, à suivre
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Dark Avenger
Fan de Gojira et Pantera
Fan de Gojira et Pantera

Message par Dark Avenger »

Eh bien, figure toi que je prefere même les derniers Exodus à ce 1er Hatriot.Et pourtant le moins que l'on puisse dire c'est que je ne suis pas fan de Rob Dukes,ni de Andy Sneap.

Mais au moins dans les derniers Exodus il y a un peu plus de personnalité, les riffs ont un peu plus de caractere; et Gary Holt est un meilleur parolier que Steve Souza.

Hatriot se vante de jouer du thrash old school, mais personnellement je ne trouve pas leur thrash si old school que ça. :) :)
Modifié en dernier par Dark Avenger le 26 nov. 2013, 19:45, modifié 1 fois.
Ad Metal Eternam a écrit :Clair ! Et puis Thrashos a le truc qui fait les vrais thrasheux et que n'auront jamais les donneurs de leçons pseudo-élitistes qui croient tout savoir: il est sympa :yeah:
Répondre