reformation de The Rods (heavy metal, USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le riff de "Mob Rules" vient de reservir. :D

Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Réédition en cd des albums "in the raw", "live" et "let them eat metal" chez Rock Candy Records
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

THE RODS – have unveiled a new band line-up & upcoming new album titled “Shockwave” to be tentatively released in 2021

Carl Canedy - Drums, Vocals
David "Rock" Feinstein - Guitar, Vocals
Michael San Ciro - Lead Vocals
Freddy Villano - Bass, Vocals
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Première fois qu'ils ont un chanteur attitré depuis très longtemps il me semble.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie d'un coffret 4 CD bootlegs pour les collectionneurs :
UK-based label Cherry Red Records will release The Rods - Metal Will Never Die, The Official Live Bootleg 4 CD Box Set 1981-2010 on February 25, 2022.

The four CDs feature live sets from 1981, 1982, 2009 and 2010.

While every effort has been made to produce the best possible audio, limitations in the material drawn from various, non-standard, and unofficial sources means that the quality may not be up to the standard usually expected. All tracks have been included for their historical importance.

The Rods debut album, Rock Hard, was released in 1980, re-titled simply The Rods the following year. It was swiftly followed by the Full Throttle EP, material from these releases making up the bulk of CD 1 which was recorded across two concerts in 1981 and 1982 in the heavy metal stronghold city of El Paso, Texas.

Finding champions in the rock and metal press, especially UK’s Kerrang magazine, they released the Wild Dogs LP in 1982. Their rising popularity making them the perfect opening act for Iron Maiden on their Beast On The Road UK tour, which is captured on CD 2.

Reunited in 2008 after a two-decade absence, Feinstein, Canedy and Bordonaro became once again firm festival favorites, especially in Europe as captured live at the Headbangers Open Air Festival in Germany in 2009 which is featured on CD 3.

Comeback album Vengeance was released in 2011 to positive reviews, featuring tracks that had been previously previewed at a performance in their hometown of Cortland, New York in 2010, which is featured on CD 4.
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Ca m'intéresse, juste les années 80.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L’expérience avec un chanteur attitré n'aura pas duré longtemps, il s'est déjà barré, retour au format trio habituel.
Extrait bien pauvre pour moi.
The Rods are a storied heavy metal band that rocked their way through the ‘80s with a powerful, raw energy that had fans and critics alike calling them “The American Motörhead.” Once the go-to opening act for some of the biggest metal bands in the world, The Rods toured throughout the ‘80s with the likes of Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, and Iron Maiden, among others. Along with contemporaries like Anvil and Raven, The Rods are an integral part of what is commonly recognized today as Heavy Metal’s “golden age,” and emerged during the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.

Following their latest, much acclaimed 2019-album Brotherhood Of Metal, now, The Rods have announced their signing with Massacre Records, and are currently gearing up for the release of their forthcoming studio offering, entitled Rattle The Cage. The album will be available as CD Digipak, Ltd. Vinyl LP and Digital formats on January 12, the pre-sale has just started here.

Drummer Carl Canedy comments: "The Rods are thrilled to have signed with Massacre Records! The staff and the label's commitment to Metal is second to none. We feel our new album, Rattle The Cage, is one of our best ever. We're looking forward to working with everyone at Massacre to help make this album as successful as it deserves to be. The Rods have always been about bringing their music to the fans. We will be doing just that in 2024! "

To share a first appetizer, today, The Rods are presenting their upcoming album title track! "Rattle The Cage" is now available on all digital streaming services at here, a music video can be viewed below.

"In preparation for this new album, I received a message from Carl stating that he had an idea for a new song,“ vocalist and guitarist, David “Rock” Feinstein, reveals. "He sent me the title, and some lyric ideas, and of course I thought the title and concept he formed was great. He then left it to me and my imagination to add more lyric ideas, and complete the musical work. The song is about the everyday person who feels trapped at what they might be doing in their life. No matter what the job may be, the need for relief was in need. It’s also about freedom, and about standing up for what you feel is right, and not being taken advantage of. Rattle the cage, and be heard. Let your feelings be known, and stand up for your rights. It really applies to everyone’s life.“

Heavy, dark, deep, insightful, and maybe even a bit more inciteful than ever before: Rattle The Cage is The Rods at their incendiary best! Lyrically, they’ve taken a cue from David "Rock" Feinstein’s cousin, Ronnie James Dio, providing the listener with a similar sense of hope and resiliency in the face of an ever-changing world. Musically, the band is tighter than ever! Founding members David "Rock" Feinstein and Carl Canedy are joined by new bassist Freddy Villano (Quiet Riot, Widowmaker), and the results are simply sublime: The songs are rhythmically tighter, yet more musically unbound, the grooves heavier, and the melodies more dynamic.

Mixed and mastered by Chris Collier, Rattle The Cage benefits from his masterful, modern touch, with the kind of sound that will simultaneously appeal to core fans as well as new generations of listeners! The Rods epitomize the term power-trio, and the word “power” has never been more evident in their music than it is now. 2024 will mark The Rods' 45th anniversary, in support, they will be playing many special dates and performances to commemorate 45 years together. With such an impressive history firmly notched in their collective belt, The Rods are still firing on all cylinders, and as eager as ever to crank it up, louder than loud!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Idem, je me suis (encore plus) ennuyé.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality