Sorcerer (epic doom / Suède)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Ils ont fait une vidéo pour chaque titre ou presque je crois, certains sont vraiment superbes :up: En particulier ceux ci-dessous.
Par contre l'album a l'air terriblement long, plus de 70 minutes...

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Swedish epic heavy doom metal warlords SORCERER have announced the addition of bassist Justin Biggs to the group's ranks.

Says the band: "This may come as a surprise to some, maybe not to others. Justin is the handsome fellow on stage left that has been filling in for Johnny Hagel on all our gigs this past year, doing a splendid job, we hasten to add, and we're very happy to announce that he is now a full-time member.

"Coming from a heavier direction than some of us other guys, we're really excited to see what he will bring to the table in terms of songwriting. He's already played us some of his ideas for the album and they are heavy as shit so we are very much looking forward to bringing his musical personality into the SORCERER sound.

"But what about Johnny, you ask? Well, we are also very happy to say that he will stay on as a member but not playing live with the band. He will take part in some of the decision-making and the creative direction of the band but most importantly he will still be every bit as involved in the songwriting as before, and we wouldn't have it any other way so all you Hagel fans, stay cool. He's still with us.

"Also, as we stated a couple of days ago, we've started doing some serious work on the third album. There's a ton of new music floating around, and although it's still early days in the writing process, we can promise you that this album will be an absolute beast. We plan to write at least until early summer, do a few exclusive festivals (as of now we're playing Bang Your Head!!! and ProgPower USA) and then head into the studio early fall to record the album for an early/mid-2020 release. Shit can always happen, but this is the game plan."
source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sorcer ... FY4FR4_cfU
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Sorcerer (epic doom / Suède)

Message par Everflow »

La suite fin mai.
Le single est un peu trop banal à mon goût...

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Le riff me me fait penser à A Cry From The Crypt de CANDLEMASS, le chant est parfait , mais le refrain est par contre assez faible.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Superbe chanson avec Johan Langquist de Candlemass.

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Magnifique.
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Très belle effectivement. :up: Deux bémols tout de même :

-ça m'ennuie un peu ce riff d'intro (qu'on retrouve régulièrement dans le reste du titre) pompé sur "Planet Caravan".
-la gestuelle avec les bras des chanteurs ça en rajoute de trop par rapport à la nana qui danse et du coup ça fait un peu tomber dans le larmoyant.
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

De toute façon tout LEDOOM est repris de LEBLACKSABBATH. :D
Mais oui la ressemblance est évidente, c'est une chouette version 2.0. Langquist n'y est pas pour rien.
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

excellent perso et quelle voix le chant est top, tres candlemass dans l'esprit aussi
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album complet :

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Reprise du Gates of Babyon de RAINBOW

Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

L'album est excellent! :up:
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

olivier64 a écrit :
10 sept. 2021, 10:55
Reprise du Gates of Babyon de RAINBOW
On dirait une version imaginée par Black Sabbath / Heaven and Hell. Intéressant et puissant (mais moins épique).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En parlant de Black Sabbath, ils viennent de poster une reprise d'une chanson méconnue mais excellente de l'ère Tony Martin.
Bon, ça reste inférieur à l'originale, mais un bon choix quand même, et je préfère cette intro sans les claviers.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pour revenir à l'album, je dois avouer être assez déçu, je le trouve très inférieur au précédent.
3 très bonnes chansons avec "Lamenting of the Innocent", "Path to Perdition", et celle avec Langquist. Pour tout le reste je m'ennuie sec, effet remplissage complet.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Reprise d'un classique de SAXON.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Très belle reprise. Et puis le chanteur a une de ces voix ! Bon vu son physique c'est pas étonnant qu'il ait du coffre. :D En tout cas je sens que je ne vais pas regretter d'avoir commandé un de leurs albums pour Noël. :)
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ozzy maintenant.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est reparti pour un tour.
Premier extrait plutôt agressif pour le groupe.
There is no stopping the mighty Sorcerer and in the fall of 2023 the band will release their fourth album, entitled Reign Of The Reaper. Again not content with repeating themselves the album features some of the darkest, heaviest and most aggressive material the band has ever recorded, and at the same time some of the most lyrical and beautiful.

For a first preview of the album, a video (directed by Daniel Wahlström @ Heavy Groove Media) for the opening track, "Morning Star", can be viewed below.

Since their rebirth in 2010, through a string of amazing live performances, signing to Metal Blade Records and releasing three excellent metal albums, Sorcerer have been firing on all cylinders with no plans of stopping for anyone.

In The Shadow Of The Inverted Cross (2015) put everything into motion; with its classic epic doom metal approach it solidified Sorcerer's triumphant return to the scene. The follow-up, 2017's The Crowning Of The Fire King, gave fans that extra dose of Epic they craved, while also allowing the band to begin to reform and reshape their sound and direction. It was here that Sorcerer really laid the foundation on which they are still building - making heavy, melodic metal with crushing riffs, soaring vocals and hook-laden choruses.

2020 saw the band release what would be their most elaborate album to date, the concept album Lamenting Of The Innocent. This record allowed the band to test new waters with more elaborate, intricate songwriting, longer song forms and it features vocalist Anders Engberg at his absolute finest. The album was highly praised, and very well received, and has allowed the band to grace the stages of some of the most prestigious metal festivals and venues around the world.

For Reign Of The Reaper the band holed up in their home studios and wrote music all through 2022 and then once again headed to SolnaSound Recording in Stockholm, the studio owned, run and operated by Simon Johansson (Wolf, Soilwork) with Mike Wead (King Diamond) assisting, to record the drums. Sorcerer likes to work with a small, tried and trusted team so therefore they once again employed the services of Ronnie Björnström (engineering/mixing/ mastering) and Jani Stefanovic (cover art for the singles & artwork booklet/packaging design); these guys have been working with the band since the first album and as per usual they delivered superbly. The striking album cover artwork was created by Swedish artist Joakim Ericsson. Conny Welén as usual handled co-production duties. Anders says: "He has been working with us since 2015 and the reunion album In The Shadow Of The Inverted Cross. Connys contribution to our sound is heard in every song; he is involved in the arrangements and plays all keyboards". He also co-writes the vocal melodies and the foundations of some of the lyrics and on top of this he also recorded Anders' vocals in his studio. Photographer Marieke Verschuren provided the awesome band photos as she also did on the previous album.

For the opening track and first single, "Morning Star", based on the fall of Lucifer, the band showcases their proficiency in fusing classic metal with other heavy elements with quite a few twists and turns along the way. With a bombastic rhythm section spear-headed by Evensand and Biggs, to the melodic and brilliantly executed guitar work of Niemann and Hallgren, culminating with the ferocious Engberg, whose voice soars, "Morning Star" takes the listener on a relentless journey through the kingdom of Pandemonium and hell itself.

Kristian says: "I came up with the majestic opening guitar line while I was in the gym, I remember that distinctly. I grabbed my phone and sang the line into the voice recorder, as I always do when I get ideas. I didn't think much of it and promptly forgot all about it until it was time to write songs for the album. I had about 150 riffs and ideas that I went through and this one immediately grabbed my attention. I'm super-happy with this track and it sounds exactly how I envisioned it when I first started working on it. The guys in the band KILLED it, everybody played and sang their asses off".

Reign Of The Reaper will be released on October 27 via Metal Blade Records and features eight brand new tracks guaranteed to appease the appetites of metal heads from all sides of the heavy metal spectrum.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Retour au doom mélodique :

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Ces deux titres augurent du bon. Etonnament, j'ai bien aimé le premier qui est plus "violent" que d'habitude pour ce groupe
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore une déception pour moi sur cet album, après un Lamenting of the Innocent déjà bien en-dessous des albums précédents.
Tout en étant là encore très bien réalisé sur la forme, avec quelques bons passages sur "Curse of Medusa" et "Morning Star" postés ci-dessus, je m'ennuie assez vite avec la sensation que ça tourne sacrément en rond. J'ai tout simplement l'impression que le groupe arrive à court d'idées et a passé son pic.
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

ouch t'es dur. Ecouté trois fois et je l'ai bien apprécié. On ne peut certes pas le comparer avec ce qu'ils ont sortis dans le passé mais ça reste assez solide pour que je prenne du plaisir en l'écoutant.
Répondre