Susperia (thrash moderne, Norvège)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

SUSPERIA Cover ‘80’s Homeland Pop Act

TotalRock report that Norway’s
SUSPERIA have covered 'The Sun Always Shines On TV' by ‘80s Norwegian popsters A-HA for their upcoming Devil May Care EP.

As previously reported, Devil May Care is due out later this year via Tabu Recordings. The EP will coincide with the band's new video of the same name, pulled from last year's brilliant, Unlimited album.

The 'Devil May Care' video will feature highlights from the band's recent and most successful tour of Europe, including footage from their performance at 2004's Inferno Festival.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Theli
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Theli »

Héhé pas mal ...

J'ai toujours trouvé que ce morceau pétait bien :bang:

Je suis curieux d'écouter ça :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il y aura aussi du WASP et du DEATH sur ce EP, ainsi qu'un nouveau titre.
SUSPERIA, the extreme melodic metal band from Norway, have announced the official release date for their highly anticipated EP, "Devil May Care". The special-edition CD will be released in Europe on September 26 through Tabu Recordings.

The EP features a mix of original and cover songs that have been drawn from various recording sessions. Tracks appearing on the release are the "Unlimited" album track "Devil May Care", new song "Venting The Anger" and three covers, which the band has been performing occasionally at live shows. "Lack of Comprehension" (originally recorded by DEATH), "Wild Child" (originally recorded by W.A.S.P.) and the much-sought-after version of "The Sun Always Shines On TV" — a worldwide hit for fellow Norwegians A-HA. As an added bonus, the release contains the promo videos for "Chemistry" and "Devil May Care", as well as screensavers, wallpapers and booklet picture gallery. The EP was completed at StrandStudio in Oslo, Norway. Production duties were once again handled by the band and engineered by Marius Strand.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Eh ben pas mal ce ch'tit EP, même s'il n'y a qu'une seule nouvelle compo. La reprise d'A-HA est marrante :)

Et tant qu'on y est, ils font quelques concerts en Décembre :

14 - Konstanz, Germany at Contrast
15 - Pratteln, Switzerland at Z 7
16 - Torgau, Germany at Kreiskulturhaus
18 - Gent, Belgium at Frontline
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

J'ai écouté ce EP samedi dernier. La reprise de A-HA est marrante effectivement, mais c'est plus la démarche qui est drôle, que le résultat.
Les reprises de WASP et de Death ont un inconvénient majeur : elles sont beaucoup trop fidèles aux morceaux originaux, et n'ont du coup pas beaucoup d'intérêt (enfin c'est mieux que de massacrer des classiques, vous me direz...). Le chanteur essaie même d'imiter les chants d'origine, et il y arrive plutôt bien.
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une vidéo live à Berlin, en décembre :

http://www.doomsdaymusic.com/media/susperia.htm
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Susperia : Cut from Stone

Message par Pierre »

Bientôt un nouvel album pour début 2007 :bang:

SUSPERIA, the Norwegian band featuring former members of DIMMU BORGIR and SATYRICON, entered StrandStudio in Oslo, Norway at the beginning of August to start work on their fourth studio album, the follow up to 2004's acclaimed release "Unlimited". The band is once again working with Marius Strand, who previously assisted SUSPERIA on 2005's Norwegian Top 20 hit, the "Devil May Care" EP. Recording is expected to be completed by the end of September. SUSPERIA then head out on a short tour in October before returning to Dug-Out Studios in Uppsala, Sweden in November to complete the final mix with Daniel Bergstrand (IN FLAMES, MESHUGGAH, SOILWORK). A release is planned for early 2007 through the Tabu label in Europe and Candlelight Records in the USA. No name for the album has been announced yet, but songtitles revealed so far are "More" (which SUSPERIA performed at this year's Inferno Festival in Norway), "Cut From Stone", "Distant Memory" and "The Clone". The band has added a further date to those previously announced. They will perform at the Motstoy Festival in Notodden, Norway on Friday, October 6.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'adore leur approche du thrash :rock:
hevydevy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par hevydevy »

J'aime bien aussi mais c'est dommage que le chanteur soit... comment dire ? très médiocre en live.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça sortira le 9 avril.

01. More
02. Lackluster Day
03. The Clone
04. Distant Memory
05. Release
06. Life Deprived
07. Between the Lines
08. Bound to Come
09. Under
10. Brother
11. Cut from Stone
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur chanteur Athera vient d'avoir une crise cardiaque à cause d'un vaisseau sanguin endommagé :/
Il reste en observation en soins intensifs.
Athera (Pal Mathieson) - vocalist with Norwegian band SUSPERIA was rushed into Akershus Universitetssykehus Hospital in Lørenskog, Norway on the morning of March 9th suffering from acute stomach pains and heavy bleeding. Initial tests revealed that the singer had suffered a heart attack caused by a damaged blood vessel. Athera is currently in the intensive care unit under close observation, while further tests are carried out. He is expected to remain hospitalized for the foreseeable future. At this moment future plans including touring commitments remain unchanged, until a full diagnosis of his condition has been confirmed.

Athera recently completed vocals on Susperia's fifth studio album, which is due for an early summer release through the band's new label Candlelight Records.

The band worked continuously throughout 2008 on the album which Athera described as "going back to the early days with the melancholic riffing and dark emotional vocals and coming all the way through to today, with a perfect blend of everything Susperia has been and become".
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Susperia - Attitude

Message par Everflow »

Un nouvel album dans la besace des norvégiens. Sortie le 19 mai.

On peut écouter le titre "Live My Dream" avec Chuck Billy (Testament) en invité, et ça bastonne toujours autant :bang:

http://www.myspace.com/candlelightrecordsusa
http://www.candlelightrecords.co.uk/dig ... Ecard.html

Pendant ce temps, leur chanteur Athera récupère lentement de sa récente opération à cœur ouvert...
A new SUSPERIA song, "Live My Dream", is available for streaming at this location. The track comes off the band's fifth album, "Attitude", which is scheduled for release on May 19 via Candlelight Records (one day earlier internationally). The follow-up to 2007's "Cut From Stone" was recorded in Norway and was mixed at Studio Fredman in Sweden. It features guest appearances by Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT) and Shagrath (DIMMU BORGIR).

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Urge
02. Live My Dream
03. Attitude
04. Elegy And Suffering
05. Sick Bastard
06. Another Turn
07. Mr. Stranger
08. Character Flaw
09. The One After All
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En parallèle, Metal Mind Productions réédite leurs 2 premiers albums :

Metal Mind Productions is reissuing titles from one of Norway’s most acclaimed metal acts – SUSPERIA. The band emerged on the scene in the year 2000, bringing a powerful mixture of black and thrash metal, which instantly won the hearts of thousands of metalheads worldwide. In the following years the band’s style has developed and improved - their music became a true melting pot of various genres, connected together with the same heaviness that Susperia delivered from the very beginning. These exclusive re-releases of the group’s first two albums – Predominance and Vindication – showcase the birth of this talented metal acts.

Today, Susperia is considered to be one of the top names on the Scandinavian metal scene. With their unique and powerful combination of melodic death metal riffs, thrash metal aggression and black metal feeling, they stand as true ambassadors of challenging and ambitious music. The band’s first two albums – Predominance and Vindication – are to this day praised as milestones in modern metal.

Metal Mind Productions will re-release both albums on 6th July in Europe and 11th August in USA (via MVD). New two-CD digipak edition includes 5 bonus tracks and is limited to numbered 1000 copies. Digitally remastered using 24-Bit process on a golden disc.

Tracklist:

CD 1 – Predominance:

'I Am Pain'
'Vainglory'
'Illusions Of Evil'
'Specimen'
'Journey Into Black'
'Of Hate We Breed'
'Objects Of Desire'
'The Hellchild'
'Blood On My Hands'
'The Coming Of A Darker Time'

Bonus Tracks:
'Behind Consecrated Walls'
'Of Hate We Breed' (live)
'Vainglory' (live)

CD 2 - Vindication
'Cage Of Remembrance'
'The Bitter Man'
'Anguished Scream (For Vengeance)'
'Petrified'
'The Bounty Hunter'
'Completion'
'Warmaster'
'Dead Man’s World'
'Cast Life Into Fire'
'Bleed Yourself'

Bonus Tracks:
'Anguished Scream' (live)
'Petrified' (live)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

j'ai écouté l'album tout à l'heure, c' est sympathique comme groupe (bon par contre, j'aime pas trop les touches modernes... :D )
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Susperia - Attitude

Message par Everflow »

Le clip de "Character Flaw" :bang:

[youtube][/youtube]
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Susperia - We are the Ones

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe marque son retour après l'attaque cardiaque subie il y a 2 ans par son chanteur.
Cette fois il ne s'agit que d'une compilation fourre-tout, incluant des versions orchestrales (!) et leur démo de 1999.
Norwegian metallers SUSPERIA will release a CD celebrating their 10-year anniversary as a recording artist, "We Are The Ones", on November 11. According to a press release, "This album marks 10 years of releases, and at the same time a nice end of a circle where Mustis (ex-DIMMU BORGIR), who participated on SUSPERIA's first demo in 1999, now returns after 12 years to once again put his magical touch on new, as well as old songs. A very fruitful cooperation which now has led to some fantastic re-recordings of some very popular, classic songs, now in complete symphonic versions. A brand new song has been recorded, with a massive orchestral theme. The contribution to this year's Eurovision Song Contest is of course featured. And to round up a celebratory album of this magnitude the right way, here it is finally, the entire infamous demo recording from 1999; 'Illusions Of Evil'! Remastered and officially released for the very first time. Øyvind 'Mustis' Mustaparta has been a guest musician in the band for a period of six months, and the result of this junction is finally ready. Really just a huge celebration of the longtime brotherhood of the band, and an even bigger thank you to the devoted fans worldwide. What contributes to making this album so special now is the fact that SUSPERIA, in their 12-year existence, have had the same lineup of members, without exception. This is very rare, and quite special not only in the metal genre, but in the whole music industry in general. Especially within bands consisting of five or more members. This will also be vocalist Athera's first release with SUSPERIA since the near-fatal heart attack in March 2009, and the subsuquent open-heart surgery."

"We Are The Ones" track listing:

01. We Are The Ones (new song composed with Mustis, 2011)
02. Devil May Care (orchestral version, 2011) (originally from "Unlimited", 2004)
03. The Bitter Man (orchestral version, 2011) (originally from "Vindication", 2002)
04. Cut From Stone (orchestral version 2011) (originally from "Cut From Stone", 2007
05. Nothing Remains (Eurovision Song Contest contribution, 2011)

1999 "Illusions Of Evil" demo remastered:

06. The Hellchild (demo version, 1999) (re-recorded on "Predominance", 2001)
07. Illusions Of Evil (demo version, 1999) (re-recorded on "Predominance")
08. Of Hate We Breed (demo version, 1999) (re-recorded on "Predominance")
09. The Coming Of A Darker Time (demo version 1999) (re-recorded on "Predominance")
10. Behind Consecrated Walls (demo version 1999) (previously only available as bonus track on South Korean version of "Predominance")

SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

un bon ptit groupe de power assez épique. Le trailer est sympas
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

épique et qui envoie :rock:

Un vieux clip pour la route.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En raison de ses problèmes de santé, Athera finit par quitter le groupe :(
Original Susperia vocalist Athera has left the Norwegian metallers. Now the band is looking for a new frontman and also vows to continue strong. In fact, their brand new album is almost ready, six years after they released Attitude. As for Athera, he leaves due to his health situation and lack of contribution to the band.

The band released this statement: "As you all know, Athera has left the band. We are still brothers and very good friends. We wish him all the best in the future. The new Susperia album is almost done and we have to say that we are very exiting about the new album. It gives us goose bumps when listening through all the songs. It's going to be raw as fuck! This album will be a mix between Predominance and Unlimited, and for the first time in many years we feel that the music is back to where it should be. New vocalist will be official after trying out a few hand picked singers."

Athera explained why he left: "Ladies and gentlemen. I bid you farewell. At least for a good while. Considering my health situation and lack of progress contributing anything to my beloved band the last few years I have decided to pull myself out of the mix and let the guys continue on without me. We remain the best of friends and this is not a breakup due to any bad circumstances. It's simply me realizing I cannot deliver what you as fans and the band expects of me anymore. And I do not want to hold this brilliant band back anymore. They deserve better and you guys deserve to hear more new music. It is with regret and sadness I now do this, but trust me, it is the best for all parties involved. I am left with a strange feeling. Susperia has been with me for almost half my life and it is my family. So this hurts. But for me staying in the band any further would hurt you guys and the band even more. I don't know what will happen in the future, if they will get a new inspired vocalist or if Memnock will do the vocals (I vote YEAH!!) But something good will come of this in the form of a new album, or maybe even two! Maybe I'll pull the Bruce Dickinson/Rob Halford and make a return one day to the band. But for now I am out guys. I thank you so much for all the support through the years. From the bottom of my broken heart. Sorry we've been away for so long. Susperia will be back. One way or another. All my love and gratefulness."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du neuf. On sent le retour à des choses plus "dark" sur l'extrait :
On March 16, Norwegian extreme, melodic metallers SUSPERIA will return with their long-awaited first full-length studio album since 2009, titled "The Lyricist", via Agonia Records.

A video trailer for the album can be seen below.

The origins of SUSPERIA can be traced back to 1998 when Tjodalv, then occupying the drum seat with DIMMU BORGIR, and longtime friend Cyrus (ex-SATYRICON, OLD MAN'S CHILD) got together to share ideas and write songs. Clearly rooted and seasoned in the Norwegian black metal scene, SUSPERIA elevated its sound into more melodic areas of extreme metal, embracing and exploring a variety of musical avenues with ease.

On "The Lyricist", SUSPERIA has gone back to its black origin in many ways, one of which is a grimmer expression. The characteristic melodic twist the band is known for is still present, and an additional layer of variety has been added thanks to new vocalist, Bernt "Dagon" Fjellestad (whose stage debut with the band was made at last year's 70000 Tons Of Metal). From SUSPERIA's pragmatic point of view, the new album is a "good old-fashioned kick in the head, both old and new fans should find enjoyable".

Track listing:

01. I Entered
02. Heretic
03. The Lyricist
04. My Darkest Moment
05. Day I Died
06. Void
07. Feed The Fire
08. Whore Of Man
09. Come Alive

"The Lyricist" was recorded at three different studios in Norway between February 2015 and May 2016. The album was later mixed and mastered at Strand Studio (CHROME DIVISION, THE WRETCHED END, IN VAIN) by Marius Strand. Cover design and artwork was prepared by Vincent Fouquet. New band photos were shot by Espen Bakken.

The first single together with pre-orders and album formats will be revealed in January 2018.

SUSPERIA lineup:

Dagon - vocals
Tjodalv - drums
Memnock - bass
Cyrus - guitar
Elvorn - guitar

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/susper ... FXH0cCq.99

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le nouveau chanteur est étonnant, très varié. Musicalement plus sombre avec le retour des influences black.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voire même evil.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality