reformation de Protector (thrash/death, Allemagne)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

OK, ce groupe kvlt de thrash allemand bien crado comme il faut (j'aime beaucoup le premier EP Misanthropy à mes heures ivole perdues) est plus ou moins reformé depuis quelques années. Mais à présent c'est officiel. Nouveau titre ci-dessous.

Seul "léger" problème : il ne reste que le chanteur d'origine...
Cult thrash band PROTECTOR has reformed and is writing new material. The group's new incarnation features vocalist Martin Missy — who sang on PROTECTOR's first two albums, 1988's "Golem" and 1989's "Urm The Mad" — alongside Swedish musicians Matte Johansson (bass/vocals; SUICIDAL WINDS), Micke Carlsson (guitar; MASTEMA) and Carl G. Karlsson (drums; also GRIEF OF EMERALD, MASTEMA).

PROTECTOR's current lineup has spent the last five years playing gigs in Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Czech Republic, Italy and Germany as MARTIN MISSY AND THE PROTECTORS.

On October 8, MARTIN MISSY AND THE PROTECTORS announced at the Way Of Darkness festival that it will continue under the name PROTECTOR. At the same event, a four-song rehearsal demo, "The Return Of Thrash And Madness", was released and one of the tracks ("Road Rage") was performed live. The same song can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

Commented Martin: "In the beginning I didn't want to take the big step of reactivating PROTECTOR. That's why we formed the cover band THE PROTECTORS. But after a long consideration and thought, we finally decided to awaken PROTECTOR again."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album en vue :
Cult thrash band PROTECTOR will release its new album, "Reanimated Homunculus", on September 13 via High Roller Records.

Says the label: "PROTECTOR are one of those bands that never really got the attention they deserved. With a sound uncompromising and aggressive like burning sulphur, they should have been ranked among the bigger names in German thrash. Sure, any thrasher worth his salt heard about 'Protector Of Death', 'Misanthropy', 'Golem' and 'Urm The Mad', but still, PROTECTOR never really grew beyond their underground status before they disbanded in 2003.

"Now they are back, with original singer Martin Missy doing the vocal duties again. Apart from Martin, the new PROTECTOR consist of Mathias Johansson (bass; SUICIDAL WINDS), Carl-Gustav Karlsson (drums; GRIEF OF EMERALD, MASTEMA) and Michael Carlsson (guitar; MASTEMA). These Swedish chaps know exactly what they are doing, having played together as MARTIN MISSY AND THE PROTECTORS since 2006.

"The resurrection of PROTECTOR began in 2011 with a demo and a split single, and now the time has come for a new full-length album. On 'Reanimated Homunculus', the band returns to its roots in the early Eighties, turning away from the deathier path they used to walk in the Nineties."

Missy says: "It will be a mix of brand new songs, including the first two songs I have ever written for PROTECTOR, and some songs that have already been released on the demo and the split between 2011 and 2012, and an old PROTECTOR song from 2000 that we have made our own version of. We've tried to keep it old school, to keep the raw feeling of the songs. We wanted an '80s thrash metal sound, and I hope we have succeeded with that."
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

tres bon opus qui reste dans l'heritage des precedents opus du groupe .
vraiment un grand groupe même si la nous avons plus un coverband avec le chanteur de l'époque Golem / Urm the mad - peux aurais t'il du convaincre le line up de l'époque " a shedding of skin", "the heritage" mais bon ca joue carré pas de soucis
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Nouvel album pour février :

1. Intro
2. Xenophobia
3. Selfdesdrugtion
4. Crosses in Carelia
5. Cursed and Coronated
6. Six Hours on the Cross
7. Base 104
8. The Dimholt
9. To Serve and Protect
10. Terra Mater
11. The Old Boil
12. Intro / Misanthropy (Live)
13. Sliced, Hacked and Grinded (Live)
14. Protector of Death (Live)

Kristian Wåhlin pour le visuel. :up:

Et le premier extrait :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore bien ivole.
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

C'est mou....
kingdavid of steel a écrit :
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite :
Cult German/Swedish thrash metal band PROTECTOR has released a new song called "Three Legions". The track is taken from the group's upcoming album, "Summon The Hordes", which will be released in the spring 2019 through High Roller Records. The effort will be available in both vinyl and CD, and on streaming media.

"Three Legions" was recorded at Phonostudio in Berlin and Wolfden studio in Stockholm. The album was helmed by Harris Johns, who has previously worked with SODOM, TANKARD, KREATOR, CORONER, CELTIC FROST, ASSASSIN and HELLOWEEN. Harris also produced PROTECTOR's classic album "A Shredding Of Skin".

Commented PROTECTOR vocalist Martin Missy: "We are very thrilled over our new material everything sounds dynamic and powerful. It has a nice old-school vibe as well."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:thrash:

Répondre