Dark Tranquillity - Atoma

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en novembre.
Swedish melodic death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY will release their eleventh full-length album, "Atoma", on November 4 through Century Media Records. The CD is being recorded at Rogue Music in Gothenburg, the studio owned by DARK TRANQUILLITY keyboardist Martin Brändström. Mixing duties will be handled by David Castillo, known for his work with bands such as KATATONIA, OPETH and CANDLEMASS. The cover artwork was once again created by the band's guitarist Niklas Sundin.

Says the band in a statement: "That's right! We're more than halfway done with the recording of the upcoming album, and it's shaping up to be a diverse and challenging affair that will feature a lot of different aspects of the DARK TRANQUILLITY sound. It's hard to be more specific while still immersed in the creative process, but we're incredibly excited about the material and can't wait to share the results with all of you soon."

The touring cycle for "Atoma" will start with a headline North American run in November, featuring SWALLOW THE SUN, ENFORCER and STARKILL as support acts. A European tour is planned for early 2017.

DARK TRANQUILLITY vocalist Mikael Stanne recently told Kaaos TV about the recording process for the band's upcoming album: "We actually decided to start recording in January, and then we realized, 'Nah, we're not really ready. We need to work on this stuff a bit more.' And then a bit more and then a bit more. And finally, it was, like, 'Fuck it! We need a deadline. We need to finish this.' And now we do, and now we're kind of in deep into the recording. So finally it happened. But for a while there, I just couldn't see it. Like, 'It's not even close.'"

Asked why it was so difficult for DARK TRANQUILLITY to come up with a new album's worth of material that they were happy with, Mikael said: "This is gonna be our eleventh album, [and] for yourself, you feel, like, 'My God! We don't wanna repeat ourselves. We don't wanna do the same thing over and over again. We wanna do something new.' It has to feel fresh, and it has to feel different. And how do you find the inspiration and stuff like that? It is kind of tough. But we got started, and eventually, it's, like, 'Holy shit! We're on to something here.' And it started feeling really good, and now it feels awesome. Some of the songs are incredible. I've recorded vocals for five songs already. We have tons more. And I can't wait to finish it. It's gonna be so much fun. There's basically just keyboards and guitar solos and vocals left. So it's gonna be a couple of more weeks, I think. So it's gonna come out in November."

Regarding how DARK TRANQUILLITY's recent lineup change affected the songwriting process for the new album, Mikael said: "[Bassist] Martin Henriksson left the band in January, and that was a big blow. I mean, he used to write tons of stuff for the band, but in the last couple of years, he has kind of focused on other things. He's more like a manager for he band — he arranges all the festivals and trips and everything like that — and he just kind of fell out of love with touring and writing and playing, so now he's a full-on manager and stuff."

Mikael also talked about how the songwriting process was different this time around. He said: "Anders [Jivarp, drums] has written most of the songs, I think, or most of the material, and then Martin [Brändström, keyboards] and Anders kind of structured it and put it together. And then Niklas wrote two or three songs, and Martin [Brändström] wrote two or three songs, stuff like that. It's becoming really diverse. Like some of the stuff that Anders has done is really different, and the stuff that Niklas has done is really different and the stuff that Martin [Brändström] has done is really, really kind of out there in a way. So I'm super excited. The album is shaping up to be fantastic."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dark-t ... B2KvyKu.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Deux extraits sont disponibles, ultra classiques :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Polochon
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Polochon »

Classique peut-être, mais avec un vrai bon son (/non affreusement compressé par Youtube), ça devrait bien rendre. En tout cas ça me fait m'évader tant que la musique joue, je n'en demande pas plus!
(Tu as mis deux fois la même vidéo.)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça c'est un poil moins classique, en tout cas j'adhère :

Sinon un autre titre, très classique là :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Dark Tranquillity - Atoma

Message par Everflow »

Leur nouveau bassiste est bien connu en Suède : Anders Iwers (Tiamat, Avatarium, Ceremonial Oath)
Bassist Anders Iwers (known from his work with Tiamat, Avatarium and Ceremonial Oath) has officially joined Dark Tranquillity as a full time band member after spending quite time playing bass on live shows with the band. The announcement was made recently. Daniel Antonsson had been the previous full-time bassist of the Swedish group.

The band's statement: "We're happy to announce Mr. Anders Iwers as a full member of the band! As most of you know, he has been handling bass duties live for quite a while now, as well as doing a fantastic job playing on Atoma, so we're very pleased to get rid of the 'session' tag and officially welcome him to the fold."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici un medley des 2 titres bonus, démarche inhabituelle à l'image de ces 2 titres très différents du style classique du groupe!
On est plus proche de Projector, en version non metal entre Katatonia et Depeche Mode, et je dois dire que ça a l'air intéressant.

Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ecouté ce week-end... :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Sensation bizarre... Ca sonne bien comme du DT, mais pourtant, à la fin de chaque chanson on a l'impression qu'il manque quelque chose !
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Tracktor
Spotlight Kid
Spotlight Kid

Message par Tracktor »

je n'étais pas très fan de ce groupe. Mais ce dernier album est vraiment pas mal !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les 2 titres expérimentaux évoqués plus haut vont sortir en single :
Legendary Gothenburg melodic death metal pioneers Dark Tranquillity will release a 7" single on March 24th, 2017 featuring the two tracks "The Absolute" and "Time Out Of Place", which have so far only been released as bonus tracks of the limited edition CD version of their latest album Atoma. These songs are more experimental
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vraiment sympa cet album, plus rafraîchissant qu'il n'y paraît, et pas uniquement en raison des bonus cités précédemment. Juste un poil trop long/redondant, comme souvent, mais quelques titres qui sortent du lot.

En matière de death mélodique ces 2 morceaux sont énormes de savoir faire je trouve :

BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Il m'avait un peu emmerdé mais effectivement tu pointes les bons moments. Il me semble que Encircled fait encore partie de la setlist de temps en temps...
Répondre