Morgoth (death metal, Allemagne)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Histoire de marquer le coup de la reformation du groupe allemand. Sortie fin juin.
Resurrected German death metallers MORGOTH will release their first-ever live album and DVD, "Cursed To Live", on June 25 via Century Media Records. The audio tracks were mixed at Unisound Studio in Sweden with Dan Swanö (OPETH, KATATONIA, DISSECTION).

"Cursed To Live" is the documentation of MORGOTH's ongoing 20th-anniversary celebration of the band's all-time classic album "Cursed" (released by Century Media Records in 1991). It will be released on CD, a limited DVD+2CD as well as a limited deluxe 2LP. The live show featured on the album was recorded at the band's triumphant show headlining Way Of Darkness festival 2011, at which MORGOTH performed an extensive set of 15 songs, with the main focus on the songs off "Cursed". The cover artwork — with an intentional nod to the original "Cursed" art — was designed by the renowned artist Dirk Rudolph (RAMMSTEIN, IN EXTREMO, APOCALYPTICA), who had also created the original artwork for "Cursed" 21 years ago.

Commented MORGOTH: "By the end of June, we will be finally releasing our career's first-ever official live DVD/live album, 'Cursed To Live'. Get ready for the full power of MORGOTH during the 2011/2012 'Cursed' reunion! The package’s main show is a 70 min. live recording of the Way Of Darkness festival show that we played on October 7th, 2011 in Lichtenfels, Germany. Next to this main feature, we also added plenty of extra bonus material for the DVD format (like the early, original promo clips and more recent live footage) and its companion bonus disc (composed of live songs from Rock Hard Festival and Wacken Open Air, both in 2011). There will even be a gatefold 2LP release of the live album, so this is all sounding and looking really cool…Watch out!"

"22 years ago I proudly wore a MORGOTH t-shirt on the group-photo for the first EDGE OF SANITY album," Dan said. "Any metalhead knows that for the really important photos, you only wear what you truly worship!!! Sometime during the mix sessions of the live material I had to pinch my arm to make sure I wasn't dreaming! It's always a great vibe when something in your life comes 'full circle,' and this is one of those moments for me!"

MORGOTH will return to North American ground by appearing at Baltimore's acclaimed Maryland Deathfest on May 27. Furthermore, the band will perform at Neurotic Deathfest (The Netherlands), Brutal Assault (Czech Republic) as well as the following events in Germany: Winternachtstraum (Arnsberg), Walpurgis Metal Dayz (Passau), Rock Harz (Ballenstedt) and Summer Breeze (Dinkelsbühl).

For a complete list of dates, visit the band's Facebook page.

Video footage of MORGOTH's August 5, 2011 performance at the Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany can be viewed below.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Body Count
02. Exit To Temptation
03. Travel
04. Resistance
05. Suffer Life
06. Under the Surface
07. Burnt Identity
08. Sold Baptism
09. Pits of Utumno
10. Isolated
11. White Gallery

MORGOTH is:

Marc Grewe - Vocals
Harry Busse - Guitar
Sebastian Swart - Guitar
Sotirios "Soti" Kelekides - Bass
Marc Reign - Drums

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Cool! Il était bien bon ce concert. Mais je me rappelle pas avoir vu de caméra par contre. Bon il était tard et y avait de l'alcool aussi :D
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Un morceau là :

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

Salut

j'ai pas suivi l'actualité, le groupe revient au death des débuts ou ils continuent sur du metal industriel à la Ministry ?
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

le death des débuts. :bang:
Nathagnôle
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Nathagnôle »

E-BLAST BLOG - Un retour en force pour les dinosaures teutons du metal de la mort! Morgoth remet le couvert et est très affamé... En prévision météo, nous pouvons dores et déjà affirmer que le mois de juin sera saignant!

http://www.eblastshop.fr/blog/2012/05/2 ... de-flamme/
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Tuerie :bang: :bang: :bang: :bave:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe sort également un single en août.
On August 11, reactivated German death metallers MORGOTH will release a seven-inch EP/digital single titled "God Is Evil" featuring two brand new tracks.

Comments the band: "Finally, after 17 years, we have some new tunes to share with you.

"We are excited about the nearing release of the 'God Is Evil' single, which contains the title track as well as the song 'Die As Deceiver'. These two brand-new songs are meant to be a first teaser for our upcoming album, 'Ungod', which we will be recording later this year for a release early 2015 via Century Media Records."

"God Is Evil" will be available on black vinyl and limited golden vinyl (300 copies). The powerful artwork was created by Costin Chioreanu, who has previously worked with ARCH ENEMY, GRAVE, DARKTHRONE and many others.

Attendes of the Party.San Open Air festival will be able to get a copy of the seven-inch single at the official Party.San merchandise stand and the Cudgel booth.

MORGOTH released its first-ever live album and DVD, "Cursed To Live", on June 25, 2012 via Century Media Records. The audio tracks were mixed at Unisound Studio in Sweden with Dan Swanö (OPETH, KATATONIA, DISSECTION).

"Cursed To Live" is the documentation of MORGOTH's 20th-anniversary celebration of the band's all-time classic album "Cursed" (released by Century Media Records in 1991). It was released on CD, a limited DVD+2CD as well as a limited deluxe 2LP. The live show featured on the album was recorded at the band's triumphant show headlining Way Of Darkness festival 2011, at which MORGOTH performed an extensive set of 15 songs, with the main focus on the songs off "Cursed". The cover artwork — with an intentional nod to the original "Cursed" art — was designed by the renowned artist Dirk Rudolph (RAMMSTEIN, IN EXTREMO, APOCALYPTICA), who had also created the original artwork for "Cursed".

MORGOTH 2014 is:

Marc Grewe - Vocals
Harry Busse - Guitar
Sebastian Swart - Guitar
Sotirios "Soti" Kelekidis - Bass
Marc Reign - Drums

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morgot ... TyDYFcB.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Le groupe se sépare de son chanteur et bosse déjà avec un nouveau pour le prochain opus à venir, "Ungod". Pas plus d'infos mais vu qu'ils parlent d'impossible de continuer plus longtemps avec lui je doute que ce soit en excellents termes.... Les dates prévues sont maintenues.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Communiqué :
German death metal veterans MORGOTH have released the following statement:

"Today we must bring you the unfortunate news that we have parted ways with our longtime vocalist Marc Grewe.

"The chance for a further cooperation between us simply wasn't possible anymore.

"This has been an extremely tough decision for us to make, and one that was not made easily, but we believe it to be the best for the band at this stage.

"That said, we are already working with a new vocalist on our upcoming album. The record will be entitled 'Ungod' and will be released in spring 2015 via Century Media Records.

"More details about the recordings and a string of new shows for next year will be revealed soon. Please notice: All upcoming confirmed shows will be performed as planned!

"Thank you and kind greetings,"

Fan-filmed video footage of MORGOTH performing a new song, "God Is Evil" on October 3 at LKA-Longhorn in Stuttgart, Germany can be seen below.

MORGOTH in August released a seven-inch EP/digital single titled "God Is Evil" featuring two brand new tracks.

"God Is Evil" is available on black vinyl and limited golden vinyl (300 copies). The powerful artwork was created by Costin Chioreanu, who has previously worked with ARCH ENEMY, GRAVE, DARKTHRONE and many others.

MORGOTH released its first-ever live album and DVD, "Cursed To Live", on June 25, 2012 via Century Media Records. The audio tracks were mixed at Unisound Studio in Sweden with Dan Swanö (OPETH, KATATONIA, DISSECTION).

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morgot ... HHVZf4b.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Son remplaçant sera le growleur de Disbelief :
German death metal veterans MORGOTH have recruited singer Karsten "Jagger" Jäger (DISBELIEF) to replace the band's recently departed longtime vocalist Marc Grewe.

MORGOTH has completed recording its new album, "Ungod", and is mixing the CD for a March 2015 release via Century Media.
Un peu de son :

https://www.facebook.com/MorgothOfficial?fref=ts
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Yep, plus commun je trouve que l'ancien, dommage. Marrant j'apprenais il y a peu qu'un pote devenait le batteur de Disbelief justement.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nouvel extrait complet :
After 19 years, German death metal pioneers Morgoth return with a brand new studio album. Ungod will be released on March 30th in Europe and April 7th in North America via Century Media Records.

The album will contain 11 tracks of dark and dismal death metal, combining the untamed ferocity of Morgoth’s infamous EPs with the atmospheric density of the band’s two legendary albums, Cursed and Odium.

Today you can already check out one new track. It’s the album’s fourth song, “Black Enemy”, and a prime example of what’s to come:

https://soundcloud.com/centurymedia/morgoth-black-enemy

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et c'est qui qui à fait la pochette ? :D

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Travis Smith? En tout cas ça ressemble, et c'est le dessinateur officiel de Century Media...
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

L'artiste, c'est Spiros de SEPTIC FLESH (aka Seth Siro Anton pour son nom d'artiste graphique). ;)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

2ème extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

olivier64 a écrit :L'artiste, c'est Spiros de SEPTIC FLESH (aka Seth Siro Anton pour son nom d'artiste graphique). ;)
Et comme d'hab c'est très moche ce qu'il fait. Plastique et sans âme, comme son groupe :diable:

Concernant Morgoth, je suis pour le moment déçu de ce nouvel album. C'est mou et ça manque d'inspiration.
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Keyser a écrit :
olivier64 a écrit :L'artiste, c'est Spiros de SEPTIC FLESH (aka Seth Siro Anton pour son nom d'artiste graphique). ;)
Et comme d'hab c'est très moche ce qu'il fait. Plastique et sans âme, ...
1000 % d'accord. :)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

J'ai écouté un peu l'album et j'aime bien globalement, dans une veine assez old-school sans surprise.

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Efficace avec un vrai propos.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

split

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe splitte à nouveau...
Organizational and individual reasons have compelled German death metal veterans MORGOTH to refrain from any further live activities. A new record is not planned.

The last scheduled live show will take place on June 8 at the Chronical Moshers Open Air in Germany. The band made this decision after careful consideration.

Guitarist Sebastian Swart says: "Since a while, it is difficult for us to act flexibly enough as a band. The main reason is that we all live spread all over Germany. My individual reasons are the fact that I suffer from massive and multiple hearing problems, and on top of that, I will be moving abroad for my work."

The decision does not mean that MORGOTH will permanently split up, but all activities are being suspended at this time.

Guitarist Harry Busse says: "This decision was not an easy one for us, but at this point it is necessary to take this step. The initial idea back in 2011 was to play only a handful of shows to celebrate the 20th anniversary of 'Cursed'. The fact that we went on for another seven years and would follow with a new studio album, 'Ungod', wasn't something that we had anticipated back then. We really enjoyed this time and want to thank all of our fans, Century Media Records and our management, Clandestine Music, for their support during these years."
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Morgoth : live, DVD, single

Message par metalrunner »

Dommage pas eu le temps de les revoir.
Répondre