Dew Scented (thrash/death, Allemagne)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

En écoute intégrale ici: http://www.truecultheavymetal.com/radio ... layer.html
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

:hum: Idem pour moi, je trouve que ça riffe très bien, mais la voix est redhibitoire .
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
metalblasphemer
Papy Salaud
Papy Salaud

Message par metalblasphemer »

En concert, j'ai adoré...
Gasp a écrit sur Facebook:

Ta vie est un défi perpétuel au continuum espace-temps.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

écouté plusieurs fois l'album, musicalement c'est correct, mais ça sonne réchauffé et sinon j'accroche pas au chant, dans mes souvenirs, ce n'était pas comme ça sur les précédents albums... :/

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
carbonized_ju
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par carbonized_ju »

Ils ont des très bons riffs mais la voix et le "groove" installé par la batterie, c'est rédhibitoire pour moi ! :beurk:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tous leurs albums sont réédités par les Monsanto de la réédition, Metal Mind Productions bien sûr :
Metal Mind Productions reports:

Perseverance and dedication are the two qualities that have made German thrash metal band DEW-SCENTED one of the pre-eminent names on the thrash metal scene. After the release of one demo tape, Steamhammer/SPV released in 1996 their debut album Immortelle. The band were still in a primitive form at this time, but quickly progressed and showed enough drive to earn the attention of Grind Syndicate Media/Nuclear Blast, who released the two follow-up albums Innoscent (1998) and Ill-Natured (1999).

Although heavy music had a resurgence at the end of the ‘90s, it was generally other forms of music that quickly dominated, such as melodic death metal, black metal and power metal. Despite that, Dew-Scented never wavered in their unrelenting march forward. The band kept a purity to their music that earned them enthusiastic fans around the world, allowing Dew-Scented to visit Japan for the first time, in addition to numerous live-shows and tours of Europe with the likes of MORBID ANGEL, EDGE OF SANITY, OVERKILL, SIX FEET UNDER, DEICIDE, ARCH ENEMY, AMON AMARTH, IMMORTAL and DEATH. By this time, Nuclear Blast had noticed the bands’ upward momentum and brought the quintet to their mother label, releasing Inwards in 2002.

The band toured Europe several times with bands like CANNIBAL CORPSE and NO RETURN and also went to North America for the first time. Barely stopping to catch a breath, 2003 saw the release of Impact. In 2005 they released Issue VI.

Armed with a well-honed line-up, the group hit the world again, first touring Japan, then Europe supporting NEVERMORE, and finally a 4-week tour across the States with VADER and DECAPITATED.

Summer 2006 saw the band spending time on songwriting for what would be the band’s next record, Incinerate, released in early 2007. Three separate European tours followed in close succession, and after much consideration, the band decided to make some significant line-up changes. Vocalist Leif Jensen and bassist Alexander Pahl brought in new drummer Marc-Andree Dieken, and a new guitar team in Michael Borchers and Martin Walczak. The new line-up kept in closed-door rehearsals for some time until they felt ready to tackle the stage. Shows throughout Europe followed, with a response that suggested that the band were in top shape. Once that was completed, the band took time to write songs for their new album – Invocation – which was finally released in 2010.

Metal Mind Productions is proud to present the exclusive reissues of the band's seven previous studio albums, originally released between 1996 and 2007.

Leif Jensen says: “We have been happy to co-operate and fully participate in this re-releases project by assembling several bonus tracks (all corresponding songs for each recording session!) as well as finalizing upgraded layouts and lengthy liner-notes for the following releases:

Immortelle + 6 bonus tracks
Ill-Natured and Innoscent (both albums on one CD)
Inwards + 1 bonus track
Impact + 4 bonus tracks
Issue VI + 2 bonus tracks and 1 bonus video clip enhancement
Incinerate + 3 bonus tracks and 1 bonus video clip enhancement

All albums will come out as 6-panel digipak and in a special 2,000 numbered copies. And yeah, you read it right....even Immortelle will be reissued! That's the very first Dew-Scented album that originally came out on SteamHammer/SPV in 1996 and that has been out of print for several years already... and since the band got the rights back some while ago, we thought why not add it to these re-issues!? The debut's re-release will include the full Symbolization demo tape as bonus and some alternate artwork design. Pretty cool stuff....”

The release date has been set for October 11th in Europe and December 7th in North America (via MVD).
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Dew Scented - Intermination (10ème album)

Message par guardianofsteel »

Nouvel album pour les thrashers allemands :

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Encore un album dont le titre commence par un i :D
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et nouveau line-up :
German thrashers DEW-SCENTED have announced their new lineup. It is as follows (pictured from left to right in photo below):

Rory Hansen - Guitar
Marvin Vriesde - Guitar
Leif Jensen - Vocals
Joost van der Graaf - Bass
Koen Herfst - Drums

Commented DEW-SCENTED vocalist Leif Jensen: "I'm more than proud to be able to present you a new chapter in the history of DEW-SCENTED!

"By early 2011, after four weeks of European touring with NILE, it showed clearly that our previous 'Invocation' lineup was collapsing and one member after another left the fold for different reasons. We decided to play some final festival shows together in the summer and then after Party.San Open Air and Brutal Assault festival, DEW-SCENTED went away from the spotlight in order to re-group and regain new focus. And here we finally are again, back with an improved line-up and a really strong new album coming up in July: 'Icarus'!"

The new lineup re-introduces Marvin Vriesde (SEVERE TORTURE, BLO.TORCH) as main guitarist and songwriter. Not a stranger to DEW-SCENTED's path of life, Vriesde's ties with the band go as far as back as 1996, when he played lead guitars for DEW-SCENTED on the band's first-ever proper tour (with EDGE OF SANITY, LAKE OF TEARS and SADIST), as well as for some additional shows supporting MORBID ANGEL. He later returned as the session guitarist for a European tour with CANNIBAL CORPSE in 2002 or also for various other dates in Europe, Japan and North America all throughout 2005, as well as to appear as a guest guitarist on the "Issue VI" album and in the "Turn To Ash" video.

Added Jensen: "I'm truly happy to have finally managed to team up with my buddy Marvin in DEW-SCENTED. Being one of my closest friends in music and the band's 'longest-running companion,' it's amazing to be able to finally put the band's musical present and future in his hands, giving our music a new safe home with his talent and dedication. I can't wait for you all to hear the great start-up results we achieved with 'Icarus'!"

Commented Vriesde: "Me and DEW-SCENTED have a long history together. I helped the band out on several occasions in the past, studio as well as live situations. So when Leif suggested joining forces for real on the new record, I was thrilled! This allowed me to write DEW-SCENTED songs that I would really want to hear from the band, from a fan's point of view."

Drummer Koen Herfst (I CHAOS, EPICA) and bassist Joost van der Graaf (I CHAOS, CREEPMIME) rounded off the "Icarus" lineup organically, as Vriesde explains in regards to the pre-production process for the new album: "The writing process went really smooth and focused. Me and Leif were bouncing all these awesome ideas around. We realized that these songs deserved to be recorded in the best form possible. That's why I asked a good local friend of mine, Koen Herfst, to handle the drums. On his turn he brought in Joost van der Graaf to handle the bass duties for the album. Both are amazing musicians… and that's what sets 'Icarus' apart for me. I think everyone brought something extra to the table, which really took the album to a higher level. 'Icarus' is a really heavy album, but it somehow has a darker feel to it in comparison to the previous DEW-SCENTED albums."

Last but not least, guitarist Rory Hansen (I CHAOS, BLO.TORCH) was added to the band's ranks as second guitarist shortly after the album recordings. On recommendation of all the other three new members, his presence paves the way for a really skilled and menacing dual-guitar-team.

The new DEW-SCENTED lineup will make their debut shows on July 20 at Metalsplash festival and July 21st at Queens Of Metal festival.

Jensen previously described the "Icarus" main theme as "a modern-times, very apocalyptic adaption of elements of the Icarus myth, using a lot of its symbolism while interlinking with several other personal or observant subjects in true DEW-SCENTED fashion." While the album — recorded at Soundlodge Studio and produced by Jörg Uken (NIGHTFALL, SUICIDAL ANGELS, GOD DETHRONED) — is not quite a concept album per se, Jensen says "Icarus" "has a pretty coherent lyrical flow, and that helps to enhance and also to intentionally enlarge the atmosphere and vibe created by the music." The "Icarus" cover artwork was once created by Björn Goosses of Killustrations.

"Icarus" will be released on July 31 in North America via Prosthetic Records (one day earlier internationally through Metal Blade Records).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils sortent également un disque fourre-tout qui contient des nouveaux titres, du live, des reprises, etc. :

http://soundcloud.com/prosthetic-record ... onfronting
German thrashers DEW-SCENTED will release "Insurgent" in North America on May 28 via Prosthetic Records. The 19-track effort will contain over an hour's worth of music, including three new songs mixed alongside live tracks and covers celebrating more than 20 years of restless, deadly thrash metal.

The cover art for "Insurgent" was created by Björn Gooßes of Killustrations.net and can be seen below.

"Insurgent" track listing:

01. Confronting Entropy (5:36)
02. Guided By The Dead Light (5:19)
03. Sadistic Sinner (INCUBUS [Brazil] cover) (4:54)
04. Sworn To Obey (Live 2012) (4:05)
05. Turn To Ash (Live 2012) (3:02)
06. Soul Poison (Live 2012) (3:58)
07. Storm Within (Live 2012) (4:02)
08. Cities Of The Dead (Live 2012) (4:44)
09. Never To Return (Live 2012) (4:13)
10. Acts Of Rage (Live 2012) (4:21)
11. In Dying Mode (4:20)
12. Steady Decline (4:32) * Originally by Prong
13. No Spiritual Surrender (2:48) * Originally by Inside Out
14. Good Day For A Hanging (4:28) * Originally by Wasted Youth
15. The Storm (JUDGE cover) (3:23)
16. Recall The Pain (1:06)
17. The Death Of Common Sense (3:44)
18. Slaughterhouse (POWERMAD cover) (4:31)
19. Superstar Destroyer (GENOCIDE SUPERSTARS cover) (2:55)

1-3: new songs, 2013
4-10: live songs, 2012
11-15: Recorded during the "Icarus" sessions, 2012
16-19: Recorded during the "Invocation" sessions, 2010

Another brand new track, "Guided By The Dead Light", is now available for streaming in the YouTube clip below.

DEW-SCENTED recently supported TESTAMENT on a number of European shows. Also appearing on the bill was BLEED FROM WITHIN.

DEW-SCENTED's latest album, "Icarus", was released on July 31, 2012 in North America via Prosthetic Records (one day earlier internationally through Metal Blade Records). The CD featured guest appearances by Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH), Rob Urbinati (SACRIFICE) and Dennis Schneider (RETALIATION, FINAL BREATH).

DEW-SCENTED vocalist Leif Jensen previously described the "Icarus" main theme as "a modern-times, very apocalyptic adaption of elements of the Icarus myth, using a lot of its symbolism while interlinking with several other personal or observant subjects in true DEW-SCENTED fashion." While the album — recorded at Soundlodge Studio and produced by Jörg Uken (NIGHTFALL, SUICIDAL ANGELS, GOD DETHRONED) — is not quite a concept album per se, Jensen said "Icarus" "has a pretty coherent lyrical flow, and that helps to enhance and also to intentionally enlarge the atmosphere and vibe created by the music." The "Icarus" cover artwork was once created by Björn Goosses of Killustrations.

DEW-SCENTED's current lineup is as follows (pictured from left to right in photo below):

Rory Hansen - Guitar
Marvin Vriesde - Guitar
Leif Jensen - Vocals
Joost van der Graaf - Bass
Koen Herfst - Drums
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nouvel album annoncé pour mai :
Dew-Scented just checked in with the following announcement about wrapping up work on a new full-length album:

"Dew-Scented’s 10th (!) studio album is completed! The record is entitled 'Intermination' and sounds more focused and determined than ever before.

"This time around we worked with Dan Swanö / Unisound Studio for the mix as well as with Gustavo Sazes / Abstrata.net for the artwork and we couldn’t be more pleased with the results we achieved.

"You can now check out the album's opening track “On A Collision Course” below. 'Intermination' will be released in June via Metal Blade Records in Europe on June 12th/15th and Prosthetic Records in North America on June 30th."

The album's track listing is as follows:

1. Declaration Of Intent (1:00)
2. On A Collision Course (3:49)
3. Scars Of Creation (3:46)
4. Affect Gravity (3:56)
5. Means To An End (4:41)
6. Ode To Extinction (4:05)
7. Demon Seed (3:48)
8. Power Surge (3:53)
9. Ruptured Perpetually (3:35)
10. Living Lies (4:19)
11. Atavistic (3:38)
12. Reborn (3:32)
13. Radiation Sickness (2:05) *Repulsion cover

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

split

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe se sépare, au bout de 26 ans d'activité.
German thrashers DEW-SCENTED will split up following one final round of live shows.

The long-running band, which released its 10th studio album, "Intermination", in 2015, announced its decision to call it quits in a Facebook post earlier today.

The group wrote: "All good things must come to an end...

"And it's now been 26 (!) intense years of sacrifices for the thrash metal cause for us. Despite numerous setbacks, DEW-SCENTED never split up or even stopped for any significant amount of time. We were always blessed with great opportunities and a strong will to soldier onwards.

"All in all, we have had an amazing ride with this music we love and not only played countless great shows across the globe, but released 10 (!) albums and most importantly, we made tons of life-long friendships along the way because of the band.

"But it's time to realize that we won't be able to forge ahead much further because DEW-SCENTED just won't work without complete and constant dedication. And giving such a full-time commitment simply isn't possible anymore because of how life otherwise evolved throughout the years.

"Having acknowledged that fact, we feel it's best to wrap the band up in a proper way, with a purely positive feeling. To go on our own terms and with the best possible 'conceptual end' (like the song on 'Issue VI', haha!), instead of leaving our destiny to chance or someone else’s actions.

"DEW-SCENTED will therefore perform a last run of shows in the coming months and then have a very last special show in the group's hometown Walsrode in Northern Germany on Saturday, October 6th, 2018 to celebrate the band's legacy in style one last time.

"Who knows, maybe we still manage to add some more last minute date(s) for the rest of the summer, but after October 6th, there will be no more frontline activities for DEW-SCENTED, no planned concerts and no further recordings."

DEW-SCENTED's most recent lineup (from left to right in photo):

Marc Dzierzon - Drums
Joost Van Der Graaf - Bass
Leif Jensen - Vocals
Rory Hansen - Guitar
Marvin Vriesde - Guitar
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

C est drôle pour une fois que le line up était un peu plus stable en tout cas Inwards est une bombe thrash plus que recommandable.
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Impact reste pour moi leur meilleur!
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

J'aimais bien "Inwards" aussi. De manière générale, c'était très efficace sur album. En live par contre, c'était énergique mais ça manquait un peu de charisme.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Répondre