Vivian Campbell et les ex-Dio : Last in Line

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

:/

Je m'attendais à bien mieux que ça pour leur premier clip, sans être totalement mauvais c'est très commun, et hormis le solo de Campbell on ne retrouve quasiment rien du style Dio (le groupe). Sans parler du chant un peu plat, la comparaison avec qui vous savez est rude.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Le riff reggae... on lui a dit à Campbell qui ne jouait pas dans Def Leppard ? :hum:

Le côté un peu "lourd" du morceau me rappelle quand même les albums tardifs de DIO. Par contre on est effectivement loin des 3 1ers opus. Tout cela reste beaucoup trop anecdotique, je ne vois pas trop qui ça peut intéresser. Faut écouter le reste, bien sûr.
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

effectivement c'est plus proche d'un Magica ou Master of the moon que de The last in Line . Le chanteur se débrouille plutôt bien mais ça tourne un peu en rond. Je retiens surtout la frappe surpuissante de Vinnie Appice qui est toujours aussi impressionnant c'est pour moi ce qui est au final le plus intéressant sur ce morceau.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

2ème extrait, plus court :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

J'aime bien. Ça me donne bien envie d'écouter l'album en entier.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Piranha
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Piranha »

Mouai, assez quelconque je trouve

et puis sans Goldie...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

2 morceaux supplémentaires sont en écoute, avec une pensée pour Jimmy Bain :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toujours pas convaincu plus que ça, surtout de la part de Vivian Campbell loin d'être étincelant par rapport à ce dont il est (était?) capable.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Campbell déclare que Dio Disciples n'a aucune crédibilité. Fight!
Bon, ses arguments (ci-dessous) sont assez justes, mais on pourrait tout aussi bien les retourner contre lui vu comment il a dénigré son passé pendant longtemps.
Vivian Campbell says that DIO DISCIPLES have "zero credibility" as a Ronnie James Dio tribute project despite the fact that the band is fully supported by Ronnie's widow/manager, Wendy.

The current DEF LEPPARD guitarist, along with drummer Vinny Appice and bassist Jimmy Bain, was part of the original DIO lineup, which reunited in 2012 alongside singer Andrew Freeman to form LAST IN LINE.

When LAST IN LINE formed, the intent was to celebrate Ronnie James Dio's early work by reuniting the members of the original DIO lineup. After playing shows that featured a setlist composed exclusively of material from the first three DIO albums, the band decided to move forward and create new music in a similar vein.

Asked in a new interview with BigMusicGeek.com what separates LAST IN LINE from DIO DISCIPLES — which is made up of former members of DIO, along with a rotating lineup of singers, including former JUDAS PRIEST frontman Tim "Ripper" Owens — Vivian said: "I don't think we're even in the same league as the DIO DISCIPLES. None of those guys were original members of the band DIO. We're the original band. We're the guys who formed the band with Ronnie. Not only were in the band, but we wrote all the songs with Ronnie. If you look at the writing credits on the first three records, it was very, very much a collaborative creative venture. That's what made the early DIO records so strong. The guys in the DIO DISCIPLES... As far as I'm concerned, there is zero credibility with the DIO DISCIPLES."

According to Vivian, he didn't know about DIO DISCIPLES' existence until 2012, almost two years after the band first started playing shows as a tribute to Ronnie. "It was around the time that [LAST IN LINE] got together to jam that I had first heard of the DIO DISCIPLES," the guitarist said. "I wasn't even aware of them. It was actually Vinny who told me. I couldn't believe that these guys were going out and playing songs that we actually wrote with Ronnie. I thought, 'Well, if they're doing it, then why shouldn't we do it?' With us, there is a legitimacy to what were doing, ya know? I doubt that there is a real legitimacy in the DIO DISCIPLES."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vivian ... CyEgejJ.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le deuxième :
LAST IN LINE will release its sophomore album, "II", on February 22, 2019 via Frontiers Music Srl. As with 2016's "Heavy Crown", the new disc was produced by DOKKEN and FOREIGNER bassist Jeff Pilson.

The official music video for the album first single, "Landslide", can be seen below.

"'Landslide' was the first song we wrote for this record," vocalist Andrew Freeman said. "It was really easy to write as all of the parts fell into place quickly. The title 'Landslide' is a metaphor relating to the day-to-day struggles that we all go through as people. Trying to keep on course when dealing with adversity, manipulation through media and leadership. It's meant to inspire strength and resolve."

LAST IN LINE was formed in 2012, when Vinny Appice, Jimmy Bain and Vivian Campbell — Ronnie James Dio's co-conspirators and co-writers on the "Holy Diver", "Last In Line" and "Sacred Heart" albums — teamed up with esteemed vocalist Andrew Freeman. The debut album "Heavy Crown" was released in February 2016, landing at No. 1 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart. Initially, the release had been preceded by tragedy when bassist Jimmy Bain unexpectedly passed away at the age of 68 on January 23, 2016. LAST IN LINE, honoring what they knew would be Bain's wish to keep the band moving, brought in renowned bassist Phil Soussan (ex-OZZY OSBOURNE) and committed to sustained touring in support of the album, hitting festivals, headlining clubs, and sharing the stage with metal luminaries such as SAXON and MEGADETH.

In late 2017, the band gathered in Los Angeles to start the recording of the second album, which was produced by the band members and Jeff Pilson (FOREIGNER, DOKKEN), who also helmed the debut album. Having really jelled as a band while touring in support of the first disc, the songwriting came readily to the members. They've created a record that shows a big progression in sound, while immediately being recognizable as LAST IN LINE thanks to Appice's rhythms, thunderous bass from Soussan, amazing vocals from Freeman, and the roaring guitars of Campbell.

"The musical style of 'II' is different from 'Heavy Crown', but it wasn't something that we planned to do," explains Campbell. "Phil is a more intricate player than Jimmy was and that, together with the natural growth and development of the band led us to the songs on the album. As always, we simply started to jam on ideas and see where they led us. But it's fair to say that the songs on this album sound more developed, with more parts and more experimentation than the songs on 'Heavy Crown'. The first album set a tone, but on 'II' we developed that idea and took it to the next logical stage."

Appice, on the sound of the new record and songwriting process, says: "I always sound like me. Viv and I have been playing together for years and have the same feel and pulse and attitude. Now with Phil on bass, he allows a more melodic approach on the bass parts making the songs even more interesting. He fits in perfectly being from the same musical family and time as me and Viv. Mr. Freeman sings from his soul and completes the band's sound with his melodies and amazing range."

He continues: "The songwriting process was the same as DIO's 'Holy Diver'. First, we have fun writing together. We get in a room and jam on riffs and chords until we hit on something good, then continue to build it into a song. Andy puts his magic on it and it all works out very well."

Soussan says about how it was joining LAST IN LINE and the development of the songs: "It was refreshing to be able to write songs in such an organic fashion — by jamming and developing ideas as a group, without bringing in preconceived songs — something I haven't done for ages. The result was a true collaboration, a concept that is so rare these days! Vinny has a unique style of drumming that, beyond keeping beats, inspires riffs and arrangements and Vivian has a way of playing that has a conviction to every note. He is able to turn every riff into a signature. Andrew was creative and unrestricted, focusing his contemporary influences into vocal stylings and hooks that are outside the classic rock clichés. He is very much a perfectionist. Beyond trying to remain true to Jimmy's playing and to the heritage of the relationship between Viv and Vinny, everyone was completely open to exploring any possible idea. I am honestly prouder of our efforts on this album than anything in which I have been involved in for a very long time. With 'II', I would like to think that we have stretched out from 'Heavy Crown' to test some uncharted waters.... the evolution of LAST IN LINE!"

"II" track listing:

01. Intro
02. Black Out The Sun
03 Landslide
04. Gods And Tyrants
05. Year Of The Gun
06. Give Up The Ghost
07. The Unknown
08. Sword From The Stone
09. Electrified
10. Love And War
11. False Flag
12. The Light

In addition to Campbell, Soussan, Appice and Freeman, LAST IN LINE's current lineup includes keyboardist Erik Norlander (ASIA FEATURING JOHN PAYNE, DUKES OF THE ORIENT).

jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

jony a écrit :
22 déc. 2015, 14:09
J'aime bien. Ça me donne bien envie d'écouter l'album en entier.
Ça y est sans avoir écouté les albums en entier, j'ai écouté plus de morceaux et j'ai trouvé ça chiant. Alors soit ils ont choisis que les morceaux mous pour leurs clips, soit c'est des mous.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

Le premier album je le trouve excellent par contre le second je le trouve pas génial.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici le troisième.

Répondre