Civil War (ex-membres de Sabaton)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Metal Cat »

Les anciens membres de Sabaton ont formé un groupe : Civil War
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Civil-Wa ... 6840179997

According to the Swedish-language newspaper Dalarnas Tidningar (DT), former SABATON members Rikard Sundén (guitar), Daniel Mullback (drums), Daniel Mÿhr (keyboards) and Oskar Montelius (guitar) have formed a new band, CIVIL WAR, with singer Patrik Johansson (ASTRAL DOORS, LION'S SHARE) and bassist Stefan "Pizza" Eriksson (VOLTURYON). The group is currently writing songs for its debut album.

"It came pretty naturally," Mullback stated about CIVIL WAR's formation. "We always thought Patrik had a good voice and he accepted our offer when we asked him to join the band."

"I had no hesitation about getting involved," Patrik said. "ASTRAL DOORS certainly has a solid fan base, but we are a little more underground. I see this as an opportunity to reach a wider audience."

The four ex members of SABATON were never involved in the songwriting process with their former band since those duties were usually handled by vocalist Joakim Brodén. But in the new group, everyone is contributing ideas.

"This has been a reawakening of sorts," Mÿhr said. "I have never been in a situation where there has been so much creativity. We became a full band a week and a half ago and we already have 6-7 songs in the works."

La suite : http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla ... mID=174499

Les raisons de la séparation de Sabaton s'explique un peu.
Sur le "Carolus Rex" , ce sont les membres originels qui figurent, ils ont donc bien enregistré cet album avant le clash.
Reste à attendre de pouvoir écouter du Civil War
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et encore un groupe de plus pour Patrik Johansson! :mad: Il chante déjà dans Astral Doors, Wuthering Heights, Lion's Share, et j'en passe :lol:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils commencent par un single :
CIVIL WAR - featuring ex-SABATON members Rikard Sundén (guitar), Daniel Mullback (drums), Daniel Mÿhr (keyboards) and Oskar Montelius (guitar), as well as vocalist Patrik Johansson (ASTRAL DOORS, LION'S SHARE) and bassist Stefan "Pizza" Eriksson (VOLTURYON) - have announced the upcoming release of their first single, entitled 'Rome Is Falling'.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Metal Cat »

C'est classique , du bon power mélodique , bien fait , moins puissant qu'un Sabaton mais je n'attendais pas une pâle copie. Le refrain donne envie de bouger. Nous pouvons nous attendre à un très bon premier EP.
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Ils ont pas changés les thèmes des chansons en tout cas! :lol:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
the fab
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par the fab »

Le EP, c'est l'avenir de LEMETAL.
Olivier64: " Y a pas un groupe plus surestimé que Motley Crue. Les Ramones, c'est du rock progressif à coté !!!!!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

c'est pas dégueu! :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Metal Cat »

Un nouveau titre " I Will Rule The Universe"

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

CIVIL WAR — the new Swedish metal band featuring former SABATON members Rikard Sundén (guitar), Daniel Mullback (drums), Daniel Mÿhr (keyboards) and Oskar Montelius (guitar) alongside singer Patrik Johansson (ASTRAL DOORS, LION'S SHARE) and bassist Stefan "Pizza" Eriksson (VOLTURYON) — will release a new single, "Saint Patrick's Day", on May 1. A teaser for the track is available below.

"Saint Patrick's Day" comes off CIVIL WAR's full-length debut, "The Killer Angels", which will be made available on June 11 via Despotz Records. The group states: "The album deals with a lot of stuff: heroes, traitors, battles and heavy metal....and yes: we have a song called 'Gettysburg'."

"The Killer Angels" track listing:

01. King Of The Sun
02. First To Fight
03. Saint Patrick's Day
04. Rome Is Falling
05. Sons Of Avalon
06. I Will Rule The Universe
07. Lucifer's Court
08. Brother Judas
09. My Own Worst Enemy
10. Gettysburg
11. March Across The Belts (bonus track)
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

D'autres extraits :

metalizer
Tormentor
Tormentor

Message par metalizer »

Cet album est une pure tuerie :bang:
En un week-end, je l'ai 10 fois plus écouté que le carolus rex de qui vous savez.
Des hymnes, des hymnes, et je parle pas du chanteur :mad:
Et puis, ça fait longtemps que je n'avais pas pris dans la gueule un titre comme Gettysburg, HYMNE comme on en fait plus dans le style :up:
Fan ultime de Sabaton depuis sa première demo, j'espère que le Joakim va relever la tête, car ces anciens partenaires ont fait très très fort.
A noter sur l'édition digisleeve, le bonus est la reprise de Children of the grave :rock:
"They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell!!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le groupe vient de rejoindre les rangs de Napalm Records, et démarre par la même occasion une petit tournée en Europe avec Katana :
February
11 - Warszaw, Poland - Proxima
12 - Katowice, Poland - Mega Club
13 - Prague, Czech Republic - Nova Chmelnice
14 - Mannheim, Germany - Alte Seilerei
15 - Vosselaar, Belgium - Biebob
16 - Bochum, Germany - Matrix
18 - Nürnberg, Germany - Rockfabrik
19 - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
20 - Ludwigsburg, Germany - Rockfabrik
21 - Regensburg, Germany -Airport
22 - Memmingen, Germany - Kaminwerk

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Ah tiens, en lisant le titre j'étais partagé entre cliqué parce que "ex" Sabaton voulait dire qu'ils étaient revenus à la raison, et le fait qu'ils en étaient, mais au final, je me dis que tant de Nazisme ne s'efface pas comme ça (Aldo de Inglorious Basterds aurait été d'accord). :diable:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ils ont recruté un 3ème guitariste :
CIVIL WAR — the Swedish metal band featuring former SABATON members Rikard Sundén (guitar), Daniel Mullback (drums), Daniel Mÿhr (keyboards) and Oskar Montelius (guitar) alongside singer Patrik Johansson (ASTRAL DOORS, LION'S SHARE) and bassist Stefan "Pizza" Eriksson (VOLTURYON) — has announced the addition of guitarist Peturs Granar to the group's ranks.

Comments CIVIL WAR: "Petrus has been a friend and working closely with the band since [CIVIL WAR's debut album] 'The Killer Angels' with demos, arrangements etc. He is a very talented guitarist and good with arrangements. Petrus also worked as a backline tech for the band since last November. It feels just natural to offer him a place with the band as he's been our 'seventh member' all along. We look forward to have him in our band of brothers and he will add another dimension to our live sound and push the boundaries for what we can do with pretty much everything both on album and what we can make out of it as a live band."

CIVIL WAR is currently recording its second album for a late 2014 release via Napalm Records.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album à venir :
Swedish metallers Civil War, featuring former members of Sabaton and Astral Doors, have revealed their upcoming album's title: Gods And Generals. In addition to that, the band has revealed the cover art that will grace the album and the release dates. Take a look at it below. Are you excited about the new album?

The band stated: "Recorded and mixed by none other than Peter Tägtgren we are extremely happy with the result, this is without doubt an album that takes of where The Killer Angels left us 'n you! It's been in our treasure chest for a while and in May we're happy to share the result with you! Get ready and be prepared for a Civil War 2015 with a new masterpiece full of catchy melodies & heavy metal arrangements!"

Release dates:
GSA / AUS: 08.05.15
USA / CAN: 12.05.15
UK / NOR / FRA / DEN / ITA: 11.05.15
SWE / ESP: 06.05
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'un des guitaristes et le bassiste quittent le groupe. Et un premier extrait du futur album sera prochainement en ligne :
Good News and Bad News

Civil War:

From the Civil War camp we have some breaking news to report. Good and bad. Let's take the good first

A video to the song "Bay of Pigs" from the upcoming album "Gods and Generals" will be released within the next couple of weeks.

The bad news is that guitarplayer Oskar Montelius has decided to leave the band and that we have decided to part ways with bassplayer Stefan Pizza Eriksson.

Oskars last performance with the band is the upcoming video.

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Everflow a écrit :Et encore un groupe de plus pour Patrik Johansson! :mad: Il chante déjà dans Astral Doors, Wuthering Heights, Lion's Share, et j'en passe :lol:
Que je n'avais jamais reperé !
Mais son chant sur le premier album de Civil War est fabuleux ! :o :o :bang:
C'est seulement maintenant que je découvre l'album et ça faisait bien longtemps que j'avais pas autant tripé sur une "nouveauté" de pur heavy ! Excellent !
Du coup je vais me pencher sur les groupes que tu cites (dont je dois avoir des cds promos qui trainent en plus...)...
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Hellion a écrit : Mais son chant sur le premier album de Civil War est fabuleux ! :o :o :bang:

Euh tu trouves ? Il chante du nez sur ce disque, il est vraiment irritant à la longue, ce qui est dommage car les compos sont plutôt bonnes. Par contre le dernier Sabaton est au dessus.

Johansson, je trouvais qu'il chantait trop en force il y a 10 ans, il y avait trop de "puissance" dans sa voix, maintenant c'est quasiment l'inverse. Je trouve qu'il n'a pas réussi à trouver un véritable bon équilibre, ce qui le mettra toujours à distance d'un Dio, qu'il n'égale certainement pas contrairement à ce que je peux lire parfois.
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Je comprends la comparaison, même si on est bien sur 2 divisions en dessous mais ses "gimmicks vocales" très expressives (dur a mettre en mot, mais tu me comprends...) sont parfois assez Dioesques !

La je me suis dégoté sur Youtube Lions share dark Hours et notes from the shadows de Astral Doors. J'aime beaucoup.
Tu me conseille quoi de lui du coup ?
Répondre