Ashes Of Ares (avec Matt Barlow)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Ils ont donné leur premier concert au Rock Hard Festival.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Et c'etait nul :D
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

ah ouai? Ca a pas l'air dégueu sur les videos
Gaëtan
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Gaëtan »

Vu au Rock Hard : c'est plat, nul, sans interêt, chiant à mourir. Riffs à deux balles, plans à deux balles, solos à deux balles, morceaux clichesques à deux balles. La grosse blague du fest.

On s'est tapés le concert en entier, et le seul truc à sauver c'est deux ou trois screams de Barlow.
Ce dernier est tombé bien bas. :(
La vie est une pute, mais l'alcool c'est bien.
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Et même pas de Pure Evil :D
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Je ne serai pas aussi catégorique que les camarades Alsaciens.

Bon d'accord j'avoue, j'ai trouvé ça nul.
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Gaëtan a écrit : On s'est tapés le concert en entier
En fait, vous êtes arrivés après le troisième morceaux, celui où je me suis cassé parce que je m'endormais. :lol:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Sortie pour le 06 septembre chez Blast donc.

La pochette :

et les titres : 01. The Messenger - 02. Move the Chains - 03. On Warrior's Wings - 04. Punishment - 05. This is my Hell - 06. Dead Man's Plight - 07. Chalice of Man - 08. The Answer - 09. What I Am - 10. The One-Eyed King - 11. The Answer (acoustic version; bonus track).
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

L'album est en écoute intégrale : http://www.terrorizer.com/news/streams/ ... errorizer/
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
mandylion
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par mandylion »

Commandé aujourd'hui ... du heavy pas original, mais Barlow est excellent.
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

J'ai écouté l'album... A part que ça sonne furieusement comme du Iced earth, c'est pas mal du tout et Barlow est excellent :rock:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

C'est du Iced Earth en moins bon quoi, Barlow est bon, à l'instar de Williams, mais aucun des deux n'est totalement efficaces, n'étant pas dirigés par un super zico (Loomis ou Schaffer, selon le cas). Du coup ca s'écoute, mais pas de quoi se relever la nuit.
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

J'étais content de retrouver Barlow, avec Williams en prime, mais le titre que j'ai écouté était d'une platitude et d'un ennui vraiment impressionnant... J'ai même pas envie de tester un autre morceau.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

Le titre en vidéo c'est sûrement le pire de l'album à ce niveau :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau clip.
Pas plus emballé que ça par la compo (sans être chiante non plus), mais Barlow effectue une très belle prestation pour la rehausser.

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Mouai... Pas vraiment emballé sur ce coup là non plus! Je pense pas me commander l'album finalement.
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

je l'ai pas mal écouté ces dernier jours. L'album est plutôt cool même si dans sa globalité il n'y a pas de quoi se taper le cul par terre!

Un bon album avec une prod assez moyenne dommage! Le son du kick est juste immonde, son de gratte pas non plus transcendant. Par contre la voix de Barlow est :amour: :amour:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Van Williams quitte le groupe pour se consacrer à Ghost Ship Octavius :
Ashes Of Ares, a Matt Barlow project, just lost their drumming force. The group posted that they parted ways with drummer Van Williams of Nevermore fame. So far, the group has only released their self-titled debut album back in 2013 but the other two remaining members are working on its follow-up.

The band explained: "We know it has been a while since you've heard from us, but that's about to change. Unfortunately though, there is an announcement we must make first. Founding member Van Williams has stepped down from Ashes Of Ares. This decision was both mutual and amicable, and we wish Van nothing but the best with Ghost Ship Octavius and any other future endeavors."

A word from Van: "Hello everyone, maybe not the best news of the day but not the worst... I'm writing you all today to let you know that I will be stepping down from drumming duties at Ashes Of Ares. The guys and I have discussed this for a while and we are all good. I think with all that has been going on in my/families life this past year and juggling the bands I didn't give my family and bands 110% of time each deserves. My Ghost Ship Octavius schedule is growing more demanding of time and it's not fair to give Ashes less than 100%, so I feel it only best that they find someone that can give their all in the current timeframe as both bands are working on new albums and planning shows at the moment. To Matt and Freddie, I love the shit outta both of you bastards and I know the next one is going to be killer. To all our fans that have supported us and especially Ashes Of Ares - Brazil Under Ashes and Ashes Of Ares - German Legion for supporting us, thank you so much! On a good note, my wife has been doing much, much better so we are very happy to be living and taking everyday as a blessing! Thank you all for supporting us through some very dark times. So really it's not all that bad news... Ashes Of Ares will continue and put out a great record, and you also get another cool Ghost Ship Octavius album from me and my fellow ghouls. So without further ado stay tuned for new Ashes Of Ares and new Ghost Ship Octavius! VW Van Williams."

Ashes Of Ares continued: "What does that mean for the future of Ashes Of Ares? It means Matt and Freddie are continuing on. Eight songs are written, and two or three more will be finished up soon (and possibly some bonus tracks on top of that), then we can begin pre-production. So basically, we will fully record demo versions of all the songs to appear on the album to make sure they are how we want them before recording the final versions. Thank you to everyone who has been checking in on us and asking when you will get new material. Now you know, so stay tuned for more news soon!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe travaille sur la suite :
ASHES OF ARES, the band featuring former ICED EARTH members Matt Barlow and Freddie Vidales, has inked a deal with with European label ROAR! Rock Of Angels Records. The group is currently working on its second album, to be released later this year.

Said Barlow in a video message announcing the deal (see below): "Freddie and I have been working on these songs for a while now. We've been tweaking them out. We've been working on some special things, like a trilogy that we will have within the record. We've got about 11 songs right now, possibly some bonus material coming up as well. We couldn't be happier. [We're] extremely excited about delivering you guys a record this. And it will be out this year."

Back in February 2017, ASHES OF ARES parted ways with drummer Van Williams (ex-NEVERMORE). His replacement has yet to be announced.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bon, c'est quand même pas très différent d'Iced Earth. :D
Quel chanteur n'empêche!
ASHES OF ARES, the band featuring former ICED EARTH members Matt Barlow and Freddie Vidales, has released a video for the song "The Alien". The clip was directed by David Brodsky for MyGoodEye. The track is taken from the band's second album, "Well Of Souls", which is being released today (Friday, November 9) via ROAR! Rock Of Angels Records.

Barlow comments on the song: "'The Alien' is a tribute to Earth's original superhero. It's the story of our hero's relationship with his family, and a world that may never fully realize, his strength is matched only by his love of humanity."

"Well Of Souls" was recorded during June and July 2018 and was mixed and mastered in August 2018 at The Terrarium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. All music and lyrics by were written by ASHES OF ARES except "You Know My Name", which was written by Chris Cornell and David Arnold.

"Well Of Souls" was recorded and mixed by Rob Oesterlin, and was mastered by Jacques Wait. The disc was produced by ASHES OF ARES and Rob Oesterlin and features artwork by Kamil Pietruczynik. Guest musicians on the album include Van Williams (GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS, ex-NEVERMORE) on drums and Jonah Weingarten (WE ARE SENTINELS, PYRAMAZE, TERAMAZE) on the keyboard intro composition.

"Well Of Souls" track listing:

01. Consuming The Mana
02. The Alien
03. Unworthy
04. Soul Searcher
05. Sun Dragon
06. Transcending
07. Let All Despair
08. In The Darkness
09. Spirit Of Man
10. Time Traveler
11. The God Of War
12. You Know My Name (bonus track)

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

A quand une tournée commune avec Iced Earth?
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je trouve quand même que le nouvel album a un peu plus de différences avec Iced Earth que le premier. C'est minime mais l'émancipation se fait petit à petit :D
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mais ça vaut le coup?
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Je ne l'ai pas encore assez écouté pour pouvoir le dire... C'est quand même fort probable qu'il n'en reste pas grand chose après dix écoutes et que ce soit complètement oublié dans quelques mois :D Mais c'est bien fait !
Répondre