Ashes Of Ares (avec Matt Barlow)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Projet peut-être intéressant qui comprend également le précédent bassiste de Iced Earth.
Former ICED EARTH members Matt Barlow (vocals) and Freddie Vidales (bass, guitar) have joined forces with ex-NEVERMORE drummer Van Williams in a brand new project which is currently working on original material. A short taste of what is to come can be heard in the YouTube clip below.

Commented Barlow: "Well, though we are still in the early stages of progress, we are really excited about what we are hearing thus far. We hope that you have patience with us as we continue with this creative process and search for a record label that will help us bring our music to you all in the best way. Thanks for all your support.... More to come!"

Barlow announced his retirement from ICED EARTH in March 2011, citing his commitment to his family and the need for the group to tour more as the reasons for his exit.

Vidales left ICED EARTH earlier this year for reasons which were not disclosed. He says, "I know from the outside it seems nuts to leave a band with so much going for it, but from the inside it made a lot of sense to me." He adds, "I did not leave because Matt left or so we could work on this [new project], I also did not leave because of the heavy touring. I was actually glad that the touring had picked up. My reasons are private. The guys in the band know, and that's all who need to know."

Williams and guitarist Jeff Loomis announced their departure from NEVERMORE in April 2011 due to personal differences with the band's lead singer, Warrel Dane, and bassist, Jim Sheppard.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
JosephCurwenII
Heavy Metal Maniac
Heavy Metal Maniac

Message par JosephCurwenII »

Dommage qu'il ne sois plus dans Pyramaze , se retour éclair dans Iced Earth son départ pour sois disans s'occuper de sa famille , plus le temps pour la musique ... et la un nouveaux projet , curieux ... je suivrais ça attentivement néanmoins.
"Remember Piracy it's a crime "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G1OKn3aCHg
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Everflow a écrit :
Barlow announced his retirement from ICED EARTH in March 2011, citing his commitment to his family and the need for the group to tour more as the reasons for his exit.
Il n'a pas dit qu'il n'avait plus de temps mais pas plus à consacrer qu'il le faisait déjà et Iced Earth voulait booster son activité. Donc je trouve ça plutôt logique qu'il monte autre chose et c'est tant mieux, IE sans Barlow c'est toujours bien alors je vais attendre et espérer que Barlow sans IE soit bien aussi :bang:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Ben ils n'ont plus qu'à récupérer Jeff Loomis à la gratte et bonjour le super groupe. Curieux d'entendre ce que ça va donner avec la voix de Barlow et le super groove de Van Williams (batteur trop méconnu à mon sens).
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

ICED MORE quoi...
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Le G@SP
Poulpe névrosé
Poulpe névrosé

Message par Le G@SP »

ou NEVEREARTH
Viva, viva, viva the Blues / In Aztec land they will play like gods / Viva, viva, viva the blues / The sombreros will have eyes just for them / REMEMBER... =T=
Ad Metal Eternam
Warrior en pyjama
Warrior en pyjama

Message par Ad Metal Eternam »

Propositions de noms rejetées: ça marche pas avec "with my penis" :non:
"Ma mère ?! Vous voulez dire que j’aurais un ticket avec ma mère ?! Oh, dur, c’est pas le pied !
- Encore ? Mais qu'est-ce que c’est que ces histoires de pieds ? Les pieds seraient-ils le point sensible des hommes du futur ? C’est peut-être dû à un accroissement de l'apesanteur...
- Quoi ???"
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

MORE ICED ...with my penis
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nom du projet : Ashes of Ares.
Former ICED EARTH members Matt Barlow (vocals) and Freddie Vidales (bass, guitar), along with ex-NEVERMORE drummer Van Williams, have set ASHES OF ARES as the name of their brand new project.

Within months of their departures from the iconic metal bands ICED EARTH and NEVERMORE, the trio came together with a renewed drive to create a sound which is a true collaboration of their personal influences, ideas and visions. Armed with the knowledge acquired through years of the writing, touring and recording cycle, and with the support of an army of loyal fans across the globe, ASHES OF ARES is poised to carve out a new legacy and stand alongside those who have helped pave the way.
Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

C'est que ça s'annonce pas mal tout ça.
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

Toujours dans les bons coups ce Matt :cheers:
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Merci pour les teaser mais bon on avance pas beaucoup là... :lol: Vivement qu'ils sortent un single pour avoir une chanson entière a se mettre dans les oreilles plutôt! :diable:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

C'est vrai quoi, ils se prennent pour qui??? Holy Cross??? :diable:
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Holy Cross ... un groupe disparu bien trop tôt. Ils feront peut être une reformation dans quelques années. :diable:
ImageImageImage
Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

ça fait quand même "déjà entendu" leur affaire, tant au niveau compos que niveau son.
Pas désagréable mais pas de quoi faire le poirier !
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Le Cerveau
Stormbringer
Stormbringer

Message par Le Cerveau »

Dave Smallwood a écrit :ça fait quand même "déjà entendu" leur affaire, tant au niveau compos que niveau son.
Pas désagréable mais pas de quoi faire le poirier !
Pas grave, je ne sais pas faire le poirier. :lol:
Moi, je casse le vent
J'fais chier les gens
Ca me purifie
C'est important.
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

Chacal a écrit :C'est vrai quoi, ils se prennent pour qui??? Holy Cross??? :diable:
oplaaaaaaaa
Larry
Bad Karma Since 2007
Bad Karma Since 2007

Message par Larry »

:D ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les autres membres du groupe pour la scène :
"We got together to rehearse our acoustic set for the Fallen Blue show over the weekend. Joining us for the live gig will be Gio Geraca on bass and Dean Sternberg on guitar.

Gio is the current guitarist/bassist for MALEVOLENT CREATION and also vocalist/guitarist for THE EVIL AMIDST. Dean, in addition to being an accomplished guitarist, has also handled vocal duties for PURE SWEET HELL and INTO ETERNITY.

You'll get your first chance to meet these guys along with Matt and Freddie at the Rock Harvest benefit show on November 11th at the Recher Theatre in Towson, Maryland, where they'll perform an acoustic set of originals and a couple of covers. Reminder: Van will not be able to make this show due to prior commitments.
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

par contre "former iced earth member" c'est salement mensonger...
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Pourquoi ? Il est toujours dans le groupe ? :euh:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont recruté le guitariste de Malevolent Creation.
ASHES OF ARES, the new project featuring former ICED EARTH members Matt Barlow (vocals) and Freddie Vidales (bass, guitar), along with ex-NEVERMORE drummer Van Williams, has announced the addition of guitarist Gio Geraca to the group's ranks.

Gio is the current guitarist/bassist for MALEVOLENT CREATION and also vocalist/guitarist for THE EVIL AMIDST.

In addition, ASHES OF ARES has joined forces with Continental Concerts to book the band throughout Europe for summer 2013.

Says ASHES OF ARES: "We are looking forward to coming back and invading Europe again and again!"
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Et de signer auprès d'un label allemand bien connu dans le milieu :
Nuclear Blast is very stoked to announce the signing of ASHES OF ARES - the new formation of Matt Barlow (ex-ICED EARTH), Van Williams (ex-NEVERMORE), Freddie Vidales (ex-ICED EARTH).

ASHES OF ARES is a band which represents the culmination of experiences, trials and tribulations of founding members Matt Barlow, Van Williams and Freddie Vidales. Within months of their departures from the iconic metal bands ICED EARTH and NEVERMORE, the trio came together with a renewed drive to create a sound which is a true collaboration of their personal influences, ideas and visions. Armed with the knowledge acquired through years of the writing, touring and recording cycle, and with the support of an army of loyal fans across the globe, ASHES OF ARES is poised to carve out a new legacy and stand alongside those who have helped pave the way.

The band comments the unholy alliance like this: “We are proud to announce that we have signed with Nuclear Blast records! We're really looking forward to working with them in bringing our music to the world. It's great to be added to the ranks of the already impressive roster of bands that Nuclear Blast represents. We will be entering the studio at the beginning of April under the masterful watch of producer Jim Morris of “Morrisound Recording”. We and Nuclear Blast are aiming for a release date late in the summer of 2013. This will be followed by a European tour with POWERWOLF. It's a new beginning for ASHES OF ARES, and we couldn't ask for a better label than Nuclear Blast to go into battle with. Attack!”

Nuclear Blast A&R Jaap Wagemaker adds: “After we received their first demo we were totally blown away by the power of their music! We are all huge fans of classic NEVERMORE and classic ICED EARTH and we knew that just like us their fans are waiting eagerly to hear this! Their new band is named after the Greek god of war and together we will go forward into to battle conquering the hearts of metal fans worldwide! At the moment the band is hard at work forging their debut album which will see the light in the late summer this year. If you can’t wait that long, make sure not to miss them at the legendary “Rock Hard Festival” this year. ASHES OF ARES: welcome to the Nuclear family!”

ASHES OF ARES is:
Matthew Barlow - Vocals
Freddie Vidales – Guitar/Bass
Van Williams - Drums
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont donné leur premier concert au Rock Hard Festival.

Répondre