Riverside (prog rock/metal, Pologne)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

senez62
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par senez62 »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Sur le face book du groupe ainsi que sur leur site on annonce le décès hier du guitariste

RIP et merde car un excellent groupe et il semblait vraiment jeune ce monsieur
Monster
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Monster »

Il avait 40 ans.
Dowëri lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La version 5.1 du dernier album :
Polish prog masters Riverside have just released a special 5.1 mix version of their current, 6th studio album, Love, Fear And The Time Machine (2015) via InsideOutMusic. The release comes as CD+DVD digipak with slightly modified artwork by Travis Smith. Meanwhile, Riverside continue to be productive and have just announced the release of a complementary instrumental album they have been working on entitled Eye Of The Soundscape on October 21st, 2016 via InsideOutMusic. The release again features cover artwork by Travis Smith and 13 experimental and highly atmospheric compositions, which showcase their ambient electronic side. See all the details below.

Eye Of The Soundscape compiles all the special instrumental Riverside tracks previously used as bonus material for the Shrine Of New Generation Slaves and Love, Fear And The Time Machine albums, alongside rare cuts as well as 4 new songs ("Where The River Flows", "Shine", "Sleepwalkers" and "Eye Of The Soundscape") into a playing time of +100 minutes, which will be available as 2CD-Mediabook, 3LP (with both CDs as bonus) or digital download.

Here's what Mariusz Duda had to say about the upcoming release: "I had a feeling that the sixth Riverside album might be the last chapter of a story. That the future releases might have a different sound, a different character... Unofficially, I called our latest three albums 'the crowd trilogy'. Each subsequent title was longer by one word - four, five, six. Six words was long enough as a title and I thought that was the one to finish it off with...

"Before we started a new chapter, perhaps a 'new trilogy', I had an idea to release a complementary album. An album in between. An album we had always wanted to record. It wouldn't be just new music but in our case and in such configuration it would definitely be a new quality because we hadn't released such an album before.

"For years, we have accumulated a lot of material, a part of which was released on bonus discs. I know that some of our listeners still haven't heard those pieces and do not realise that Riverside, basically right from the start, have been experimenting with ambient and progressive electronic music. And that's always been a part of our music DNA. So I presented the idea to the rest of the band and the decision was unanimous. We decided to make a compilation of all our instrumental and ambient pieces, and release it this year as an independent album. Some of the songs would be re-mixed to make them sound better, but most of all, we'd add new compositions.

"At the beginning of the year, we locked ourselves in the studio and we started to compose. We even published a picture on our Facebook page, in which Grudzien is holding a small keyboard as a joke. That was that recording session. We were working with smiles on our faces, genuinely excited, knowing that this time it wasn't just a bonus disc or an addition to something 'bigger' but a fully fledged, independent release with that kind of music, full of space, trance, melodies and electronics. The day before I got a text message from Grudzien, 'I really can't wait for this release, I have always had a dream for Riverside to release such an album.'"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe a décidé de ne pas remplacer son guitariste décédé, et d'utiliser des musiciens de session à la place.
A few days ago, Riverside promised to make an official statement regarding their future and today came the announcement to lay many fans' fears to rest. The band will continue as a trio and guitarist Piotr Grudziński will not be replaced. Instead, session guitarists, "who are our friends, whom we know and like," will help out in the studio and on stage.

The news comes with a sense of trepidation as Riverside, who alone know the true magnitude of their loss, seem to fear losing fans' support, saying: "We know that for many of you the story of Riverside ends here, this year, and that Eye Of The Soundscape might be the last Riverside album you'll buy. We know that some of you can't imagine this band without the characteristic guitar of Piotr Grudziński and for you Riverside has ceased to exist. But our story is not over yet; with a flaw, with a scar, with a wealth of new experiences, we have decided to go on."

Along with the upcoming release of Eye Of The Soundscape on October 21st, and their official biography A Dream In High Definition in November, Riverside will return to the stage to honor Piotr's memory on the anniversary of his death in February 2017. Beyond that, work on a new album will begin, one that, considering the hurt it will be born out of, "will probably be a return to heavier and more intense sound."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Riverside (prog rock/metal, Pologne)

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :Le nouvel album de Riverside (Rock Prog) se nomme Wasteland et sortira le 28 Septembre via Inside Out Music.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Ce clip me rappelle à quel point cet album est beau. Au-delà de la musique et ses prises de risques réussi comme en témoigne cette chanson nouvellement postée il y a un beau concept post-apocalyptique qui, si on le regarde d'un peu plus près, est aussi un hommage au regretté Piotr et le récit d'un deuil surmonté par le groupe. 

Chef d'oeuvre poignant :,( :bow:  
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Un nouvel album prévu pour 2023 !
Et ça me fait penser que Riverside est un des rares groupes que je rêverai de voir en live !
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

J'ai bien aimé le titre, nettement moins la vidéo...qui est certes originale mais qui m'a presque gachée l'écoute. Pas accroché du tout à leur visuel dans cette vidéo.
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Un peu plus léger et "Rushien" je trouve.
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

Titre sympathique, le riff principal est bon et j'aime bien l'ambiance à la fin du morceau.
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Le style est assez... Spécial ! Mais j'aime bien :D
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Album reçu la semaine dernière !

Nouveau visage pour Riverside avec une musique plus éclairée, plus "joyeuse". Aucune surprise pour celles et ceux qui ont lu les interviews de Marius puisque le bassiste a clairement souligné le fait que Riverside souhaitait se détacher de cette idée que le groupe faisait de la musique sombre et triste. On pense bien sûr à la trilogie mais aussi à Wasteland qui rendait hommage à leur guitariste. Soyez rassuré Riverside ne fait pas du Gloryhammer ou du Ultra Vomit pour amuser la galerie, c'est limite tout le contraire puisque les textes parlent de notre dépendance aux réseaux sociaux, de l'image que nous renvoyons à travers eux, d'une certaine cage dans laquelle nos conditions nous enferme etc... Et bien sur musicalement on a quelque chose de moins obscur, plus rock et entrainnant, dans le titre ci-dessus on retrouve un synthé limite retro-wave, d'autres passages plus catchy rappellerons des groupes rock/prog à la Rush, on a donc là une belle refonte avec toujours des éléments propres à Riverside à commencer par ce chant incroyable et des lignes de basses qui ressortent vraiment de la musique.

Voilà pour une première écoute. Je pense que le disque se bonnifiera avec les suivantes :)
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Répondre