Michael Denner (ex-Mercyful Fate) en solo / projets

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Comme le nom le suggère, DENNERS TRICKBAG est un projet de l'ancien guitariste de Mercyful Fate, Michael Denner.
Mais rien de très metal cette fois, quoique, metal 70's disons. ;) Voir ci-dessous.

http://www.dennerstrickbag.com/
Legendary Danish heavy metal guitarist Michael Denner (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND) has launched a brand new band called DENNERS TRICKBAG. "It's a project Denner started about six months ago," the guitarist's webmaster tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "First, he wanted to make some good music, with some of his best buddies, and with some he would enjoy beeing in a band in, and not someone from the metal scene he had already played with. He called the four musicians he had in mind" — including drummer Kim Hagemann (ZOSER MEZ, SWITCHBLADE) — "and they all said yes."

DENNERS TRICKBAG's musical direction is "'70s progressive heavy metal with incredibly many guitar solos," according to the webmaster. "Bands like JERICHO, CAPTAIN BEYOND, MONTROSE, THREE MEN ARMY and MOUNTAIN are, style-wise, what they aim for. "

DENNERS TRICKBAG will play two exclusive shows at a small club in January 2013. An album release is planned for next spring.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

DENNERS TRICKBAG, the new band featuring legendary MERCYFUL FATE and KING DIAMOND guitarist Michael Denner, has inked a deal with Target Records. The group's debut album will be released in September on CD, LP and as a digital download.

Says Denner: "I got the idea [to form DENNERS TRICKBAG] one evening when I was sitting at home philosophizing about whom I would rather play with if I had a free choice within the heavy metal world I've found myself in for so many years. I called these four guys up, and they all said yes.... The condition was that the music had to be tough progressive '70s heavy with a lot of guitar solos – and everyone was totally involved in the idea.

"If bands like MOUNTAIN, THREE MEN ARMY, MONTROSE, TEMPEST, BOXER, JERICHO and CAPTAIN BEYOND are among your favorites, then this band will be right up your alley!"

DENNERS TRICKBAG is:

Lars Berthelsen - Vocals
Peter Domtrop - Guitar
Kim Hagemann - Drums
Flemming Muus - Bass
Michael Denner - Guitar
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

:up: :up: :up:
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

mouais,ça casse pas trois pattes a un canard.
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

laqué
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

C'est trop mou à mon goût. Ils jouent la musique qu'ils écoutaient quand ils étaient jeunes, mais sans l'énergie qu'ils avaient à l'époque. :diable: :papy:
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

En effet bien mou, et peu intéressant pour ma part!
Et le clip est bien laid aussi. :lol:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le nouveau groupe de Michael Denner, très 70's occult rock.
A noter, et c'est surprenant, que son batteur n'est autre que celui de Mercyful Fate, avec lesquels il est en froid donc.
DENNER'S INFERNO, the new band featuring legendary KING DIAMOND and MERCYFUL FATE guitar player and composer Michael Denner, will release its debut album, "In Amber", on November 15 through Mighty Music. The official music video for the song "Sometimes" can be seen below.

Denner says: "The song deals in other words with the sentence 'what if' and things from the past that did not happen or worked out the way you hoped they would. The conclusion: why spend time on the 'what ifs' in life when you can go for the reality and facts in the things surrounding you?"

Denner is a very well-known name in the international rock/metal scene, as a former guitarist in the two most influential Danish rock/metal bands ever: MERCYFUL FATE and KING DIAMOND. Denner contributed with his distinctive guitar style and songwriting on classic MERCYFUL FATE albums such as "Melissa" (1983), "Don't Break The Oath" (1984) and also the KING DIAMOND classics "Fatal Portrait" (1986) and "Abigail" (1987).

Now, it's time for Denner to start a new adventure: DENNER'S INFERNO. Joining him are American vocalist Chandler Mogel (OUTLOUD, PUNKY MEADOWS, RADIO EXILE), bassist Flemming Muus (TRICKBACK, JOYTOWN) and a drummer with a common MERCYFUL FATE link, Bjarne T Holm (played in the '90s and also involved in the reunion recently announced). Together, they play heavy metal that should appeal to fans of MERCYFUL FATE, CANDLEMASS and '70s retro rock.

DENNER'S INFERNO released its debut EP, "Fountain Of Grace", on August 24 on vinyl and CD.

The band was born from the ashes of TRICKBACK in 2018 with a new, renewed lineup with '70s prog hard rock meeting doom influences.

Denner comments: "After a lot of thoughts around what to do next, I ended up doing what turned up to be the exact right move towards the music style I really love: '70s-inspired heavy rock. The choice of team for this one came very natural. Bjarne [T Holm, drums] and Flemming [Muus, bass] I've known for decades and exactly what they are capable to do with the rhythm section, and a good vibe to go with it. And by introduction from Mighty Music's Michael H. Andersen, I found the golden voice of Chandler Mogel, a New Yorker with deep roots in the same music style as I love to do."

The musician continues: "This time I chose a selection of songs I wrote with good people during the last few years and a few obscure covers of songs which have made an impact on my taste in music since my journey as a heavy rock guitarist started many years ago now. This album is for the listeners who like their music hard and heavy with strong beautiful vocals and some no-nonsense playing to back it up. Enjoy!"

"In Amber" track listing:

01. Matriarch
02. Fountain Of Grace
03. Up And On
04. Sometimes
05. Taxman (Mr. Thief)
06. Vens Of The Night
07. Run For Cover
08. Pearls On A String
09. Loser
10. Castrum Doloris

DENNER'S INFERNO recently signed a booking agreement with Artery Global and will be touring Europe in the spring and summer next year.

DENNER'S INFERNO is:

* Michael Denner (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND, DENNER SHERMANN) - Guitars
* Chandler Mogel (OUTLOUD, PUNKY MEADOWS, RADIO EXILE) - Vocals
* Flemming Muus (TRICKBAG, JOYTOWN) - Bass
* Bjarne T Holm (MERCYFUL FATE, FORCE OF EVIL, FATE) - Drums

olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

J'aime bien , notamment les guitares, l'ambiance sombre, mais le chant est beaucoup trop propre (le gars a chanté pour Punky Meadows, le gratteux du groupe ANGEL, pas très occulte ça :mad: ).

Le riff au début de Sometimes,on croirait vraiment un riff des tout début de MERCYFUL FATE, mais en version ralentie. :bang:
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Re: Michael Denner (ex-Mercyful Fate) en solo / projets

Message par jony »

olivier64 a écrit :
21 oct. 2019, 23:12
Le riff au début de Sometimes,on croirait vraiment un riff des tout début de MERCYFUL FATE, mais en version ralentie. :bang:
Exactement ce que je me suis dit.
Quant à Fountains of Grace, c'est une nouvelle version d'un morceau enregistré sur l'album de Force of Evil.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Michael Denner (ex-Mercyful Fate) en solo / projets

Message par Dark Schneider »

Le 1er morceau c'est comme si Mercyful Fate avait enregistré un morceau dans les 70's.

Le 2nd, on dirait vraiment beaucoup du Candlemass.

Tout cela a peu d'intérêt je trouve, ça va se noyer dans toutes les productions vintages qui pullulent.
Répondre