Treat (head/heavy mélodique, Suède)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Malheureusement ce chouette groupe "culte" suédois de hard rock mélodique raccroche, juste après avoir fêté ses 30 ans.
Swedish melodic rock legends TREAT will celebrate their 30th anniversary in 2013 by releasing a special 30th-anniversary-edition package containing a best-of album with two brand new songs and two previously unreleased tracks, and their latest album, "Coup De Grace", with an extra cut. TREAT is also planning a big tour, set to kick off with some major festival gigs in the summer and continue into the fall. Then it's over. For good.

"We have a saying in Sweden: You should always leave the party when you have the most fun," says guitarist and songwriter Anders Wikström, who formed the band back in 1983 along with singer Robert Ernlund.

TREAT, which released its classic debut album, "Scratch And Bite", back in 1985, has never been a more tight-knit rock 'n' roll unit than it is now, and the band is brimming with creativity and excitement. That's why the group is choosing to call it a day: they want to, as they put it, "end on a high note."

"We're doin' it out of love and respect for our fans," Wikström says. "We quit before they ask us to get the hell out. We want TREAT's legacy to be pure rock 'n' roll happiness!"

The decision to go their separate ways is described as "most amicable," and once the bandmembers made up their minds, they almost immediately started making plans for the farewell party this year.

"We're going out with a bang and will give our fans a ride they didn't even knew they wanted," says Wikström.

TREAT's upcoming gigs will mark the debut of the band's new bassist, Fredrik Thomander, a longtime friend who has been co-writing songs with the group, mixed "Coup De Grace" and has already done some shows as a member of TREAT.

In addition to Wikström and Thomander, TREAT's current lineup features Robert Ernlund (lead vocals), Jamie Borger (drums) and Patrick Appelgren (keyboards and vocals).

"We wanna party with our fans,", says Ernlund, and adds: "The treat's on us!"

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Gig
Defender of the Olympia
Defender of the Olympia

Message par Mr. Gig »

Étonnant, ils ont été annoncés il y a peu pour les 10 ans du Firefest à Nottingham.

Pour un concert d'adieu je suppose ?
When you're this gig, they call you...
...But you can't find the time
:,(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Oui 2013 sera leur dernière "tournée", à moins qu'ils veuillent la jouer à la Scorpions. :D
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

s'ils rencontrent un certain succès, ils pourraient peut être continuer...eux aussi! :diable:
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Amusant, j'ai découvert ce groupe avant-hier à la radio et j'ai bien accroché, j'irai les voir avec plaisir si l'occasion se présente.
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Metal Cat
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par Metal Cat »

J'avais découvert le groupe avec leur second essai "The Pleasure Principale" en 86 et j'aimais bien ça . J'avais écouté "Coup de Grace " en 2010 mais la flamme n'y était plus. Quand même dommage ce split
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Moi c'est justement Coup de Grace qui m'avait fait découvrir et accrocher, avec des chansons comme celle-ci :

blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

"coup de grâce" est un super album en effet !!
dommage ce split.... :(
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La "reformation" n'aura pas tardé. :D
Frontiers Music Srl is truly excited to announce the return of Treat with brand new album "Ghost of Graceland," due out April 15th, 2016. Today the first single comes online: check out "Inferno" below.

"Ghost of Graceland" was produced by long time Treat fan and writer/producer Peter Mansson and co-produced by Anders Wikström. The album's track listing is as follows:

1. Ghost Of Graceland
2. I Don't Miss The Misery
3. Better The Devil You Know
4. Do Your Own Stunts
5. Endangered
6. Inferno
7. Alien Earthlings
8. Nonstop Madness
9. Too Late To Die Young
10. House On Fire
11. Together Alone
12. Everything To Everyone

MDT
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par MDT »

De la bombe ce titre!
:tata: :tata: :tata: :tata:
TrVe Guadeloupean Zouk Metal
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et on ne s'arrête pas en si bon chemin :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur nouveau bassiste est Pontus Egberg, de King Diamond et ex-Poodles.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Album live en Italie :
Swedish melodic rockers, Treat, will release their first ever live CD and first live DVD/Blu-Ray in over 10 years, entitled The Road More Or Less Traveled - Live In Milano on April 21st. A video for “Ready For The Taking” from the upcoming release is available for streaming below.

On April 23rd, 2016, Treat played a hotly anticipated set at Frontiers Rock Festival III. Held close to Milano, Italy, this was the third annual edition of the festival and saw Treat playing hot on the heels of the release of their latest studio album, Ghost Of Graceland. The release date of this live album happens to be about one year after the initial performance took place and almost coincides with the 2017 edition of the Frontiers Rock Festival as well.

The band took the stage by storm, opening the show with the title track from their last studio album and showcasing a very special lineup, which features H.E.A.T. keyboardist Jona Tee taking the place of Patrik Appelgren for this exclusive performance. Treat offered a show with a great mixture of new and recent songs taken from their latest album, the highly regarded 2010 release Coup De Grace, and classic songs from the good ol’ days including “World Of Promises”, “Get You On The Run”, and “Ready For The Taking”.

Says guitarist Anders Wikström, “As we haven’t released a live home video in 10 years, let alone a live album ever, and then Serafino asked us, we were more than delighted, and frankly, long overdue, to show our fans what we been up to for the last couple of years. With so many albums to choose from and our audience constantly asking for different songs in the setlist, this was a great opportunity to close one chapter, only to start writing the next. "The Road more or Less Traveled” is a great reminder for anyone to see that Treat is very much a living and breathing live entity!”

Treat’s performance was truly a unique and special one and this live video documents a great moment in the band’s history as well as serving as a celebration of one of Sweden’s finest hard rock bands ever!

"This year will take us right back we belong, on stage! We have some really cool surprises and will of course play the best of the new, but also older songs we haven’t performed in ages! See you all on tour through 2017,” concludes Anders.

The Road More or Less Traveled will be released on CD/DVD, Blu-Ray standalone, and digital editions.
Tracklisting:

“Ghost Of Graceland”
“Better The Devil You Know”
“Non Stop Madness”
“Ready For The Taking”
“Papertiger”
“Do Your Own Stunts”
“Endangered”
“Gimme One More Night”
“We Own The Night”
“Roar”
“Get You On The Run”
“Conspiracy”
“Skies Of Mongolia”
“World Of Promises”

Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Ah ces fameux groupes qui "raccrochent" :D
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toujours au top :dance:
Frontiers Music Srl will release TREAT's new album, "Tunguska", on September 14. The music video for the disc's first single, "Build The Love", can be seen below.

Building on the success of their last two albums, "Coup De Grace" (2010) and "Ghost Of Graceland" (2016), which were both released after the band's reunion in 2006, TREAT's return has been more than welcome by fans and critics alike. With the two latest albums having received praise as true masterpieces, TREAT is releasing its new album, packed with riveting rockers and seductive, soul-searching melodic rock songs, on a wave of newfound creativity and high anticipation from their fanbase.

But what is "Tunguska"? "The album title is a reference to a mysterious large explosion that took place in Siberia in 1908, but metaphorically and artistically, 'Tunguska' represents the last piece of the puzzle to be put in place since the band's reunion," says guitarist, producer and founding member Anders Wikstrom. "It highlights the unique musicianship we have developed together over the years in the creative songwriting process, but also illustrates how we want our albums to sound and feel in the 21st century. We managed to dig deeper into the lyrical content, and musically, the dynamics in the songs and production are more distinct as we let heavy, raunchy stuff co-exist with the softer side of the band."

"Tunguska" was once again produced by respected writer/producer, and longtime TREAT fan, Peter Mansson, together with Anders Wikström, showcasing a band who, despite a thirty plus year career, are hungrier and more energetic than ever!

TREAT's current lineup includes Robert Ernlund (vocals), Anders Wikström (guitars, backing vocals), Patrick Appelgren (keyboards, guitar, backing vocals), Jamie Borger (drums), and Pontus Egberg (bass).

"My goal has always been to capture the band in the studio when we can reflect what we are like at a live performance peak," says Anders. "That's why we did not continue touring for another extended period on the back of the last album ('Ghost Of Graceland') and went into the new album writing and recording process instead. When our fans hear 'Tunguska', this decision will speak for itself. When I listen to it, I get the same feeling I had when we finished 'Organized Crime' back in ´89, when everybody had stepped up to the plate and played as if their lives depended on it. I truly believe this is TREAT's finest hour! And that goes for every single member of the band! Damn proud!"

The band is truly at the top of their game and songs like the outstanding lead single "Build The Love" or rockers like the fabulous album opener "Progenitors", "Always Have, Always Will" and "Rose Of Jericho" stand out as future live staples in the band's repertoire.

"Every time we meet up with fans anywhere in the world, they are always full of praise for our current releases, which is really heartwarming as we do feel we don't have to rely on our 35-year back catalogue to attract audiences," says Anders. "We feel we are a better band nowadays, both as songwriters and live performers, matured just like a great red wine! After living with the album for some time, I find myself jumping in and out randomly on my choice for favorite songs and for some reason that has never been the case before. To me, that's what a real album is about and what makes it worth working day and night to compete."

"Tunguska" track listing:

01. Progenitors
02. Always Have, Always Will
03. Best Of Enemies
04. Rose Of Jericho
05. Heartmath City
06. Creeps
07. Build The Love
08. Man Overboard
09. Riptide
10. Tomorrow Never Comes
11. All Bets Are Off
12. Undefeated

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

hallowedhail
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par hallowedhail »

Découvert avec ce dernier album qui tourne pas mal avec l'album de W.E.T. notamment
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toujours là.
Frontiers Music Srl will release Swedish melodic rock band Treat's ninth studio album, The Endgame, on April 8. The first single and video from the album, "Home Of The Brave", is out today. Watch the video below, and pre-order/save The Endgame on CD/LP/Digital here.

Over the years, both prior to and after their reunion, Treat have established themselves as leaders in the Swedish melodic hard rock scene. With bassist Nalle Påhlsson (who appeared on Coup De Grace) back in the ranks, vocalist Robert Ernlund, guitarist Anders ”Gary” Wikström, drummer Jamie Borger, and keyboardist Patrick Appelgren have once again set a course for yet another exciting musical journey. Twelve songs in total, including uptempo rockers, ballads, '80s sounding gems, and ones with musical influences beyond the ordinary, make this album another definitive statement by the quintet from the south of Stockholm. Produced by Peter Mansson (who also helmed Tunguska and Ghost Of Graceland), The Endgame, by all means qualifies as a true classic album from Treat.

"We always want to make albums that are better than the last one. The album title, to me, represents many things about Treat in this day and age, including the sincerity and history of the band. But also the fight to survive as a band like brothers in arms, through all these years of highs and lows, tears and laughter. Seriously, we grew up together in the '80s, learning how to make our brand of Melodic Hard Rock by heart and we still continue to work that hard even today. We're as close as a family and we're blessed to still be able to get in the ring and be on top of our game," says guitarist Anders Wikstrom. For a band that's been going for nearly four decades, inspiration and the drive to create fresh material still propels Treat.

"Well, for me, it always starts with the song, and that exciting feeling which leads to the next one, and so on. As a longtime songwriter, I trust my gut instinct, but I know the material will take new and better shape when the rest of the guys get in the creative loop, and remember, deep down we're still kids and fans of great rock music and we still get excited when a cool idea turns into a great song," says Wikstrom."We were focused on making the best possible Treat effort, and all of us decided, early on, to make this a positive and uplifting record to be proud of in the years to come. I guess we found the working process to be our sane and safe haven in the midst of this new daily life none of us could have predicted would happen," he continues. "We started the basic track recordings in Atlantis Studios in Stockholm in November 2020, moved on to Baggpipe Studios and Peter Mansson´s Mir Studios in the spring/summer of 2021 for lead vocals and overdubs, then finished mixing in Mir Studios in Stockholm in October 2021.

Most of us have our own studios at home, where we do additional tracking, but to get the sound we wanted for "The Endgame", we did take our time to find the right recording rooms and studio facilities, and the result speaks for itself!""Peter [Mansson] is one of the best rock producers I know, and also a longtime friend. He knows us inside out, pros and cons, and will always give an arm and a leg to make our vision come true. His contribution to this album as producer, recording and mixing engineer is outstanding. He´s also an excellent musician and he's become almost like a sixth member of the gang, a fantastic guy and we love him," adds Wikstrom."We really hope our fans will love this album as much we do because we made it for YOU!" he concludes.

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

sympa qu'ils continuent, même si je trouve ce titre un peu faiblard par rapport à ce qu'ils ont pu proposer dans le passé récent
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Celle-ci est parfaite dans le genre et dans la tradition du groupe : texte à 2 euros 50 et chanson impossible à écouter sans remuer (ce que vous voulez). :dance:

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Parfait! :rock: :tata: :disco: :dance:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »