Memory Garden (epic/melodic doom, Suède)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Pour les amateurs de heavy doom à la Candlemass, ce groupe suédois refait surface après cinq ans d'absence :)

MEMORY GARDEN, the Sweden-based band featuring former ABSKTRAKT ALGEBRA guitarist Simon Johansson, have inked a deal with Vic Records. "Vic Records will release our new album, 'Carnage Carnival', and also re-release our previous [out-of-print] albums 'Forever' and 'Tides',"
the group write on their web site. "The re-releases will be upgraded
with some extra material such as demo songs, rehearsal recordings, new
recordings of never-before-released material and so on... [It] will be
something for the collection... No exact release date is set yet but as
it looks right now it will all happen in early fall."

MEMORY GARDEN split with Metal Blade Records in early 2002. The group's
last full-length CD was "Mirage", which came out in 2000.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

cool j'avais bien aimé le dernier
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Superbe groupe de doom mélodique :rock:
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Ca se concrétise puisque l'album, qui s'intitulera "Carnage carnival" (j'aurais plus vu ça comme titre d'album de Cannibal Corpse :lol: ) est prêt :)

MEMORY GARDEN, the Sweden-based band featuring former ABSKTRAKT ALGEBRA guitarist Simon Johansson, has finalized the track listing for its new album, "Carnage Carnival", due later in the year via Vic Records.

Commented Simon: "We are for the first time working with the Hungarian artist Hjules and he [is] just awesome. The artwork for this one will for sure be something out of the ordinary. Hjules has worked with artists like ANNIHILATOR, DESTRUCTION, GRAVE DIGGER, NIGHTINGALE etc. in the past and if you are in need of artwork I really can recommend him."

"Carnage Carnival" track listing:

01. Carnage Carnival
02. The Bitter End
03. Nameless
04. The Beast Within
05. Beggars Anthem
06. A Dark Embrace
07. Dominion
08. Endless Fear
09. Another Night
10. The Downfall

MEMORY GARDEN last year inked a deal with Vic Records for the release of "Carnage Carnival", and the re-release of the band's previous out-of-print albums, "Forever" and "Tides". "The re-releases will be upgraded with some extra material such as demo songs, rehearsal recordings, new recordings of never-before-released material and so on," the group wrote on its web site. "[It] will be something for the collection."

MEMORY GARDEN split with Metal Blade Records in early 2002. The group's last full-length CD was "Mirage", which came out in 2000.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Tony Le Pouilleux
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel
True Warrior in Bermuda of Steel

Message par Tony Le Pouilleux »

J'écoute les extraits sur le site du label, c'est pas mal. Le chanteur ressemble à Messiah Marcollin (pas étonnant), mais en moins opératique.
Le G@SP a écrit :j'ai pas tout compris non plus mais l'important c'est que ce soit dans les fesses!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le chant est excellent en effet chez Memory Garden, vraiment un super groupe méconnu de heavy/doom metal, parmi les meilleurs du genre pour moi :up:
Ta'abacab
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Ta'abacab »

J'aime bien le nom :D :up:
Meanwhile lurking by a stone in the mud, two eyes looked to see what I was and something spoke and this is what it said to me .......
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau line-up, et l'album est enfin dispo!

Stefan Berglund - Vocals
Simon Johansson - Lead Guitar
Anders Looström - Guitar
Johan Fredrikson - Bass
Tom Björn - Drums

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

me suis pris l'album hier, fait vraiment plaisir de les réécouter ces bonhommes! on reconnait la patte sans faire une copie des précédents! moi j'adhère :yeah:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le deuxième guitariste se barre :
MEMORY GARDEN — the Sweden-based band featuring former ABSKTRAKT ALGEBRA guitarist Simon Johansson — has parted ways with guitarist Anders Looström. "Due to lack of time and personal priorities we have decided to part ways with him," the group writes in a statement. "Anders has been a big part of MEMORY GARDEN both as a friend and as songwriter and we will miss him a lot but we think this is the best thing for the band. We would like to thank him for all the laughs, all the great music and all the time he put into the band. Miss you, bro!"

The band continued, "We would also like to take the opportunity to welcome Ante Mäkelä into our GARDEN. We have known Ante for a lot of years and there were never any doubt that he was the man for the job. Ante also plays in the band EVIL CONSPIRACY and we would like to thank them for letting us abuse him as well. Ante has already played two shows with us and they both worked out flawlessly and we are sure you all will love the new MEMORY GARDEN. So…welcome Ante…you know that you now are doomed for life."
Clip de la chanson éponyme :rock:

[youtube][/youtube]
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont resigné chez Metal Blade.
A noter que leur guitariste fait également partie de WOLF depuis peu.
Metal Blade Records has announced the signing of MEMORY GARDEN, the Sweden-based doom metal band featuring former ABSKTRAKT ALGEBRA and current WOLF guitarist Simon Johansson. The group has jst completed recordings its as-yet-untitled new album for an early 2013 release. The CD is being mixed by acclaimed Swedish producer and multi-instrumentalist Dan Swanö (OPETH, KATATONIA, DISSECTION).

Comments the band: "We are back where we belong! MEMORY GARDEN and Metal Blade Records are finally back together and we are really excited to be a part of the family again and to have them release our new album. The album is almost finished and will be mixed by Dan Swanö for an early 2013 release so better be prepared for another massive dose of Swedish heavy doom metal!"

MEMORY GARDEN was formed in 1992 in Sweden and has since then released four albums, two of them under the flag of Metal Blade Records ("Verdict Of Posterity" in 1998 and "Mirage" in 2000).

MEMORY GARDEN is:

Stefan Berglund – Vocals
Simon Johansson – Lead Guitars
Andreas Mäkelä – Guitars
Johan Fredrikson – Bass Guitar
Tom Björn – Drums
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Memory Garden - Doomain

Message par Everflow »

Le titre de l'album est bien trouvé :D
Swedish epic doom metallers MEMORY GARDEN have completed work on their fifth album, "Doomain", for an April 15 European release via Metal Blade Records. The CD was recorded at Annoying Sound Factory and SolnaSound Recording by the bandmembers themselves, with a little engineering assistance from Mike Wead (KING DIAMOND) during the lead guitar sessions. The mix was handled by Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH, NIGHTINGALE) at Unisound studios in Örebro, Sweden

Comments the band: "The recording of 'Doomain' must be the most relaxed album session we've ever done.

"We recorded most of the album ourselves in our own studio and took the time we wanted and needed to get it done. Dan Swanö helped us getting the rig together and he provided us with the tools to do it and from there we did it ourselves. The lead guitar sessions were done at SolnaSound Recording by Simon and Mike Wead. When it all was done, it was sent to Dan Swanö and Unisound for mix and mastering. The final album is amazing and we are so thrilled to get it out to all of you"

Regarding the CD title, the group states: "We wanted a short and effective title to this album. It's a little game of words referring to the style of music we play 'doom metal' and the actual word 'domain.'

"We see this album as a statement of what MEMORY GARDEN stands for music-wise and this album is certainly down our alley, it's in our Doomain."
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

cool, j'aime bien ce groupe que j'avais découvert au Headbanger's open air en 2009.
faudra que je pense à me le prendre au Keep it true tiens
kingdavid of steel
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par kingdavid of steel »

c'est pas doomain la veille.... 8-)
THEY TRIED TO MAKE GO TO HELLFEST BUT I SAID : NO,NO,NO !
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

J'ai découvert en achetant l'album qu'il y avait un cd bonus qui l'accompagnait. Ce sont des enregistrements de 1998... à part les reprises ce sont des démos de l'album "Verdict To Posterity", intéressant car ça sonne plus brut que les versions albums qui étaient trop proprette à mon goût...

“Covers recorded in 1998/1999 (unreleased / rare)”:
1. The Needle Lies (QUEENSRYCHE)
2. Nightmare Be Thy Name (MERCYFUL FATE)
3. Country Girl (BLACK SABBATH)
“Original Recording 1 (1998)”:
4. Carved in Stone
5. Outward Passage
6. The Sum of all Fear
“Original Recording 2 (1998)”:
7. Awkward Tale
8. Tragic Kingdom
9. Shadow Season
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tiens je savais pas qu'ils avaient repris "The Needle Lies", je vais chercher ça. Leur reprise de Mercyful Fate était bien foutue.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

acheté ce week end au keep it true en LP.
Je vais essayer de me l'écouter ce soir (mais d'une seule oreille, l'autre est douloureuse et bouchée ce soir :( )
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont même fait un clip cette fois.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Memory Garden

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album conceptuel sur la pandémie de peste noire. Sortie fin d'année.
Memory Garden's sixth studio album, titled 1349, is finished and ready for release on December 17th, 2021 via No Remorse Records. This will the first full length effort in 8 years from Swedish veterans. It was mixed and mastered by Dan Swanö and the cover artwork is created once again by the mighty Hjules Illustration and Design.

"1349 is a conceptual album and the storyline covers both fact and fiction, taking place during the pandemic years of the black plague. "Stefan and I were talking about how the new songs were coming together nicely, and he told me he really wanted the album to carry a concept", states drummer Tom Björn.

"We started contemplating different themes that could fit our music, and we both got hooked on the black plague. A very dark and tragic period of history... We drew some guidelines, or a few key words for the concept, and after that I developed the story incorporating a few facts with the fictive elements. It's not a linear timeline throughout the album, but a few songs are connected by the same character and happen in the correct order. Some things have to be read between the lines though".
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

OK, je suis toujours fan.

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Très bon ce titre! Y a plus qu'à espérer que tout l'album soit du même acabit
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vas-y ondule euh ondoom ton corps :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une chanson avec le leader de Wolf :

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Du tout bon pour moi! On va avoir entendu tout l'album avant qu'il ne sorte à ce rythme... :)
Répondre