Burning Rain (avec Doug Aldrich ex-Dio et Whitesnake)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Aldrich s'occupe un peu en dehors de Whitesnake, avec son "ancien" groupe laissé de côté pendant une décennie :
Frontiers Records will release bluesy hard rockers BURNING RAIN's third studio album, "Epic Obsession", on May 21 in North America.

BURNING RAIN was founded by current WHITESNAKE axeman Doug Aldrich together with singer Keith St. John (ex-MONTROSE). The lineup for the new album is rounded out by Sean McNabb (QUIET RIOT, DOKKEN, HOUSE OF LORDS) on bass and Mat Starr (ACE FREHLEY) on drums.

"Epic Obsession" comes after a long hiatus from the release of the band's second album, "Pleasure To Burn", in 2000.

Of "Epic Obsession", Aldrich commented, "I think we have a good batch of songs that will stand up. It's a melodic blues rock approach to the sound. It's really the only thing I have done outside of WHITESNAKE in the last ten years."

"Epic Obsession" track listing:

01. Sweet Little Baby Thing
02. The Cure
03. Till You Die
04. Heaven Gets Me By
05. Pray Out Loud
06. Our Time Is Gonna Come
07. Too Hard To Break
08. My Lust Your Fate
09. Made For Your Heart
10. Ride The Monkey
11. Out In The Cold Again
12. When Can I Believe In Love
13. Kashmir *
14. Heaven Gets Me By (acoustic version) *

* Bonus tracks

Frontiers Records will also reissue the long-out-of-print first two albums from BURNING RAIN, the self-titled debut (released in 1999) and the aforementioned "Pleasure To Burn". Both LPs will be repackaged and remastered and will contain two added bonus tracks to each respective album.

BURNING RAIN's previous efforts received great acclaim in Japan and the U.K. prior to Aldrich being tapped as guitarist for WHITESNAKE in 2002, with MelodicRock.com declaring, "Great quality songwriting...fantastic production that rivals any others out there. For fans of classic blues influenced hard rock there will be few albums to rival this record..."

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

Ah tiens... J'ai le premier album et j'en ai plutôt un bon souvenir ! Bonne nouvelle du coup ! :rock: :rock: :rock:
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Bon si des fois il s'ennyait toujours, je ne serais pas contre une reformation de Bad Moon Rising moi ! :)
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
blacksabbasteph
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par blacksabbasteph »

Iceman a écrit :Bon si des fois il s'ennyait toujours, je ne serais pas contre une reformation de Bad Moon Rising moi ! :)
ça serait une excellente idée !!!! :)
Keep the world with all its sin....it's not fit for livin' iiiiiin !!!!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Burning Rain (avec Doug Aldrich)

Message par Everflow »

Ils reviennent.
BURNING RAIN, the hard rock band founded by guitarist extraordinaire Doug Aldrich (REVOLUTION SAINTS, THE DEAD DAISIES, WHITESNAKE, DIO) and vocalist Keith St. John (MONTROSE, KINGDOM COME), will release its fourth studio album, "Face The Music", on March 22 via Frontiers Music Srl.

In conjunction with the album announcement, the band has shared the latest single, "Midnight Train", along with an accompanying music video.

When asked why the band chose to release "Midnight Train" as the first single, Aldrich explained: "It's been some time since the last BURNING RAIN record, and we wanted to come out swinging! 'Midnight Train' encompasses the sound of BURNING RAIN. It sounds fresh and heavy. I thought it was a cool lead off track to reintroduce the band.

"People normally have different ideas about favorite songs and there are a number of tracks that could have been first, but we just went with 'Midnight Train'."

"'Midnight Train''s message, albeit fully ensconced in carnality, is about wanting something so brutally bad when you can't have it," added St. John. "The main character here is basically a deeply tortured soul during all the daytime hours. The phallic likening to the train and its track along with the blackness, the bed of nails, and the cravings of the night are meant to further fortify the extremity of sexual addiction.

"Doug had all the basic music together including bass, drums, and all when he first played me a demo of the song. I loved it immediately. The first experimental vocal track I scatted out had the basic framework for the chorus, which we both felt had good potential, but the original verse began with a higher, bluesier part that seemed to not quite fit. After I fashioned a new verse with a lower, more growly approach, we both felt it really complemented the chorus and we knew this track was in good standing!"

BURNING RAIN was founded by Aldrich and St. John. The lineup for the new album is rounded out by Brad Lang (Y&T) on bass and Blas Elias (SLAUGHTER) on drums.

"Face The Music" track listing:

01. Revolution
02. Lorelei
03. Nasty Hustle
04. Midnight Train
05. Shelter
06. Face The Music
07. Beautiful Road
08. Hit And Run
09. If It's Love
10. Hideaway
11. Since I'm Loving You

In an interview with the "Friday NI Rocks Show", Aldrich stated about "Face The Music": "I wanted to work it so that it was not gonna interfere with THE DEAD DAISIES at all. Because last time, when we released the last record, it was just in the middle of a WHITESNAKE album process. And as with THE DEAD DAISIES, if I'm working on an album process, it's kind of hard to promote the record properly. So I wanted to time it so that I could actually do some things with BURNING RAIN to promote the album."

According to Aldrich, the follow-up to 2013's "Epic Obsession" sounds "great." He added: "Keith St John sounds amazing. The last two records we mixed it ourselves and did everything ourselves, but this time we've got Alessandro Del Vecchio, who I've worked with on REVOLUTION SAINTS, and he is mixing it and mastering it. So it's nice to be able to pass off to someone with good ears who can hit it fresh."

As for the possibility of live shows from BURNING RAIN, Aldrich said: "I would love to do that. I think probably what will happen is… I'm actually looking at doing some guitar clinics and bringing Keith with me to where I would do a little bit of a guitar, meet-and-greet, clinic situation, and then Keith would join me for an acoustic promotion for that record in the spring before THE DEAD DAISIES ramps up. THE DEAD DAISIES has a plan that starts in May, I believe, so we'll probably just do some promotion first. And then when THE DAISIES has a break, I can book some BURNING RAIN shows. But I definitely wanna bring the guys over. It's a great group of guys and the new songs are gonna be really fun to play live."

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Burning Rain (avec Doug Aldrich)

Message par Everflow »

Et il en a sous le coude le Doug.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un peu de Whitesnake, Def Leppard, voire Aerosmith...

Répondre