Arsis (tech death metal)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Virginia-based melodic tech-death metal masters ARSIS will release their fifth full-length album, "Unwelcome", on April 30 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2010's "Starve For The Devil" was tracked at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Mark Lewis (THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER, DEICIDE, SIX FEET UNDER). The artwork was handled once again by longtime collaborator Mark Riddick.

"So, we've had 'Unwelcome' finished for quite some time now and we are happy to finally be able to share the finished product with everyone," commented founder and lead guitarist/vocalist James Malone.

"As a band/musician, it's sometimes difficult to separate yourself from your work and visualize how others are going to interpret your work. In other words, it's sometimes hard to know whether or not your ideas are relevant to anyone but yourself. With 'Unwelcome', we certainly put all of our everything into the writing and recording and stopped paying attention to what's trendy or what we think might appeal to a larger audience. In doing so, I feel we have created one of the most sincere ARSIS albums and perhaps one of the most relevant."

"Unwelcome" track listing:

01. Unwelcome
02. Carve My Cross
03. Handbook For The Recently Deceased
04. Choking On Sand
05. Let Me Be The One
06. Sunglasses At Night
07. Martyred Or Mourning
08. No One Lies To The Dead
09. I Share In Shame
10. Scornstar

Fans can hear the debut of new guitarist Brandon Ellis and drummer/longtime session member Shawn Priest on the "Lepers Caress" EP, which can be downloaded for free here. The effort was released via Scion Audio/Visual (a.k.a. Scion A/V), the in-house record label and lifestyle marketing division of the Scion marque produced by Toyota Motor Corporation for the North American market.

Brandon Ellis replaced guitarist Nick Cordle, who was tapped to replace Christopher Amott in the Swedish/German extreme metal act ARCH ENEMY.

ARSIS's 2010 album, "Starve For The Devil" (Nuclear Blast Records), sold 1,800 copies in the United States in its first week of release, landing at No. 13 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Guitarist and vocalist James Malone states: "I think 'Visitant' is ARSIS's most mature album but at the same time, it is also an album that harkens back to our youth.

"We all grew up on horror movies. For me personally, my father would bring me, from a very early age, to the theater to see horror films. He passed his love of science fiction and horror down to me.

"I wanted to do something different for this album and it was just a natural move to incorporate this passion into 'Visitant'.

"As I was doing my part of the writing, I tried to capture the tone and atmosphere of some of my favorite films ('Silver Bullet', 'From Beyond', 'Prince Of Darkness'). It was a very satisfying and fun album to write and I think it might be what fans consider a 'worthy follow-up' to 'A Diamond For Disease'."

The video for the first single from the upcoming horror movie-inspired opus, "Tricking The Gods", was directed by Rob Neilson and can be seen below.

"'Tricking the Gods' is inspired by my love of werewolf movies, specifically Stephen King's 'Silver Bullet'," says Malone. I really liked the idea that everyone in the town was looking for this beast and it turned out to be the person they least expected: the minister. That blurred line between good and evil, heaven and hell made perfect songwriting fuel."

"Visitant" was recorded in part and mixed and mastered by producer Mark Lewis (WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER, DEICIDE, CANNIBAL CORPSE). Artwork was created by longtime collaborator Mark Riddick.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Répondre