Leatherwolf de retour

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
MAVROCK
Disciple of the Watch
Disciple of the Watch

Message par MAVROCK »

leatherwolf c'est tres bon, et avec un chanteur comme eric martin ça devrait faire des etincelles et peut- être leur apporter une certaine notoriete
KERMHIT
Holy Diver
Holy Diver

Message par KERMHIT »

Street Ready ...terrible cet album..... j'aime beaucoup cet album....
mais connais pas le reste hélas....

merci en tous cas pour les dernières infos de ce groupe là..... ;)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le live qui est sorti il y a quelques années est bien puissant aussi, il n'a pas eu trop de presse malheureusement...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont encore changé de chanteur, en la personne de Wade Black cette fois, ex-Crimson Glory ainsi que Leash Law et Tiwanaku plus récemment.
Legendary Southern California metal stalwarts LEATHERWOLF have announced the addition of vocalist Wade Black (ex-CRIMSON GLORY, SEVEN WITCHES) to the group's ranks. Black is set to make his debut on the group's forthcoming studio album, currently in production and due out in 2006. Black joins core members Dean Roberts (drums), Geoff Gayer (guitar), Carey Howe (guitar) and bassist extraordinaire Pete Perez (RIOT, SPASTIC INK), who has stepped in for longtime member Paul Carman.
Commented Black: "I am very pleased to have been giving the opportunity to work with these guys. I look forward to writing, recording and making some serious noise in 2006. I feel that I am making the right decision for myself, as I feel I always have. I am not here to make comments about anything from my past. It has been a great ride, and as always, I am grateful where I have been and where I may go.

"Thanks to all the people out there with the metal ear! I'm looking forward to stompin’ a stage near you!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Leur nouvel album World Asylum sortira le 23 juin chez Massacre Records.

Avec ce nouveau line-up :
new voice Wade Black (ex-CRIMSON GLORY, SEVEN WITCHES), guitarist Eric Halpern (ex-DESTINY'S END, HELSTAR), and bassist extraordinaire Pete Perez (RIOT, SPASTIC INK) alongside original members, guitarist Geoff Gayer and drummer Dean Roberts.
01. I Am The Law
02. King of the Ward
03. Behind The Gun
04. Live or Die
05. Disconnect
06. Dr. Wicked (Rx O.D.)
07. Institutions
08. Derailed
09. The Grail
10. Never Again

:pointer: http://www.leatherwolfmusic.com/

Extraits : http://www.myspace.com/leatherwolfmusic
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bon ben Wade Black s'est déjà barré :D Et j'ai toujours pas écouté l'album...
Vocalist Wade Black (LEATHERWOLF, CRIMSON GLORY, SEVEN WITCHES) has issued the following update:

"Greetings metal freaks worldwide!

"I wanted to take a few minutes of your time to update you on the latest goings on.

"I have been fortunate enough to travel the world bringing metal to the masses. Without a doubt, the best thing to come out of my metal career has been traveling the globe and meeting the heart of metal — the fans — and giving everything I have to give on the stage for you. I have absolutely been able to live the dream.

"There is, of course, the reality side of things, and this is where things often get unpleasant.

"Like many other musicians in our genre, I have a career outside of music that is necessary in order to provide a reasonable lifestyle for my family. If I have to miss work to fly out to do recording sessions, rehearsals, or tours, I don't get paid.

"While I have enjoyed giving a new voice to LEATHERWOLF and supporting the new album, the harsh economic reality of my current musical situation is that the compensation for the studio and live work I've done hasn't even offsetted the lost wages I've missed while supporting LEATHERWOLF in the studio and on the road.

"More important than the financial aspects is the time away from my family. My wife and children have been very patient and supportive of me, and they deserve to be the highest priority in my life. You only have one chance in life to be the best parent you can be. There are no studio tricks or retakes to gloss over the missed opportunities to be there for your family.

"I am therefore letting you all know that effective immediately, I will no longer be singing for LEATHERWOLF.

"My sincerest best wishes go out to Leatherwolf for continued success, and also my sincerest thanks to Chris Leibundgut at A.R.M. productions for his support and guidance!

"Is this the end of Wade Black's career of metal? HELL NO!

"After much thought and consideration, I have decided to start my own band locally. This will allow me to complete the solo material I've been working on over the years, play out live on a regular basis (something you can't do when the rest of the band is 3,000 miles away), and eventually release an album under my new metal identity: BLACK REIGN.

"We will be playing material from the four internationally released albums I have done as well as the new BLACK REIGN material, and maybe a few covers of some metal classics. This will allow me to continue my career as a musician without sacrificing my commitment to my family."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je continue ce splendide monologue, juste pour dire qu'une nouvelle version de "Behind the Gun" avec leur chanteur originel Michael Olivieri de retour est dispo sur leur myspace :

:pointer: http://www.myspace.com/leatherwolfmusic

Et ça le fait! :o :bang:

En fait ils vont carrément sortir à nouveau le dernier album mais avec lui au micro!
States the band: "We just got 'Behind the Gun' from Jacob Hansen (ROB ROCK, VOLBEAT, COMMUNIC) who is remixing the whole 'World Asylum' album over in Denmark and we wanted to give everyone a taste of what's in store. Mikey is singing his ass off on this one and has never sounded better — he has really stepped up to the plate and delivered what is one of his best vocal performances ever! And Jacob is once again doing a great job mixing. We cannot wait to hear the rest of the tracks and get this album out!"

The reworked version of "World Asylum" with Michael Olivieri on lead vocals, tentatively titled "New World Asylum", is due out later this summer on the band's own NIL8 Records label.
weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Un excellent groupe qui n'a jamais eu un succès mérité mais qui aujourd'hui est toujours sur le devant de la scene (chose qu'on ne peut dire de formations plus "glorieuses" de l'époque).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

3 ans après, ils vont sortir un DVD, dont voici un extrait.
Peut-être que j'hallucine mais j'ai bien l'impression qu'ils ont rajouté un faux public en fond sonore au début et à la fin pour donner l'illusion qu'ils jouaient devant une foule massive :lol:
C'est une chanson de Street Ready, en partie à 3 guitares.
LEATHERWOLF is currently working on its first-ever DVD, "Live At The Galaxy", which contains footage of the band's 2009 concert at the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana, California.

A sneak preview of the song "Thunder" from the upcoming DVD can be viewed below. It features the band's current lineup, with guitarist Greg Erba and bassist Patrick Guyton joining original members Michael Olivieri (vocals, guitar), Carey Howe (guitars), and Dean Roberts (drums).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore un album live pour le groupe, avec de nouveaux guitaristes apparemment :

http://leatherwolfmetal.com/press-relea ... cember-15/
Southern California heavy metal triple axe attack LEATHERWOLF had set a December 15 release date for its new album, "Unchained Live".

Engineered by Michael "Kramarica" Kramer, mixed by producer extraordinaire Roy Z (JUDAS PRIEST, BRUCE DICKINSON, SEPULTURA, HALFORD), and mastered by Tom Baker (QUEENSRŸCHE, JUDAS PRIEST, SEBASTIAN BACH), the disc contains several of the band's biggest classics culled from their highly acclaimed first three albums, including the MTV video singles "The Calling" and "Hideaway", as well as fan favorite "Dr. Wicked (Rx O.D.)" from the group's most recent studio release, "New World Asylum".

As an additional bonus, the band has re-cut its 1989 instrumental standout, "Black Knight", which originally appeared on the "Street Ready" record.

The "Unchained" packaging features striking artwork by noted conceptual designer Martin Deschaumbault ("Assasin's Creed") as well as Marc Sasso (DIO, MANOWAR, ROB ROCK).

"Unchained" track listing:

01. Spiter
02. Kill And Kill Again
03. The Calling
04. Rise Or Fall
05. Dr. Wicked (Rx O.D.)
06. Wicked Ways
07. Hideaway
08. Street Ready
09. Thunder
10. Black Knight (studio bonus)

"Unchained" is the first LEATHERWOLF album to feature the lead guitar duo of Rob Math and Greg Erba who are joined by original members, vocalist/guitarist Michael Olivieri and drummer Dean Roberts, and longtime bassist Patrick Guyton.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/leathe ... S5Zxz4s.99
mandylion
Rainbow Demon
Rainbow Demon

Message par mandylion »

Street ready est un monument du heavy melodique, les 2 précedents sont bof : du heavy quelconque pour le 1er et le 2nd du hard Us banal. Depuis je sais pas
L'Ostrogauxe
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par L'Ostrogauxe »

Oh mince, je commence à lire le sujet et à cliquer sur les liens avant de me rendre compte que ça datait de 10 ans :euh: (et que les liens que j'avais cliqué étaient mort :lol: )

Faut vraiment que je m'achète Street Ready, je le vois souvent dans les foires aux disques ou quoi, mais l'ayant déjà écouté en téléchargement ( :fessee: ), je me dis toujours que ça vaut mieux la peine de prendre autre chose que je ne connais pas :oops:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe se déchire en 2 camps autour du nom du groupe, un de plus...
2 versions de Leatherwolf existent conjointement.
Original Leatherwolf drummer Dean Roberts and vocalist/guitarist Michael Olivieri have slammed the heavy metal band's former members, Carey Howe, Geoff Gayer and Wade Black, for announcing that they were working on a new Leatherwolf studio album for a late fall release. We could have a Leatherwolf A.D. in our hands soon.

Band's statement: "Hey everyone: we just wanted to set the record straight regarding a statement/press release that's been put out there announcing a new Leatherwolf studio album featuring former LW members Carey Howe, Geoff Gayer and Wade Black. Whatever Carey, Geoff and Wade are working on - it will NOT be released under the name Leatherwolf! The legal rights to the name Leatherwolf lie with the line-up featuring original band members Dean Roberts and Michael Olivieri that recently performed on the Monsters of Rock cruise and Keep It True festival in Germany.

"It is unfortunate that Carey Howe, the main instigator in all this, is trying to wreak havoc and create the false impression that he, Geoff and Wade are back in Leatherwolf, which is not the case. He may have succeeded in hijacking the original Leatherwolf Facebook page and YouTube channel but he will not succeed in hijacking the name Leatherwolf as well."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Clip pour la version "officielle", qui a par ailleurs recruté Joey Tafolla (Jag Panzer) :

ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

Hey everyone, we've got some not so good news and some good news to announce.

First off, we have parted ways with Mike Olivieri for reasons that don't need to be aired in public at this point. So please do not ask us to elaborate. Let's just say this move became inevitable and leave it at that. We wish Mike all the best with his own musical endeavors.

This parting of the ways will unfortunately affect our previously scheduled 2019 European shows, including the 'Full Metal Cruise' and 'Keep It True' festival, which are canceled. To be perfectly clear here and contrary to what you may have read elsewhere: We were street ready and willing to do these shows - we did not cancel anything. Why would we?

The good news is that we are in the process of writing and recording new music as we speak (check out a clip of 'Kill the Hunted' here: https://clyp.it/pngyxw2y) so you can expect some new LEATHERWOLF metal during the course of 2019. That is our main focus right now.

Stay tuned for further updates and thank you all for your continued support!
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est la deuxième fois qu'il quitte le groupe...
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Re: Leatherwolf de retour

Message par ChaNoir »

Everflow a écrit :
12 févr. 2019, 18:39
C'est la deuxième fois qu'il quitte le groupe...
sûr? C´est pas plutôt la troisième?
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ah ouais possible en y repensant. :D C'est tellement le boxon ce groupe...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici l'album avec leur nouveau chanteur, qui n'a pas changé leur style d'après l'extrait :
range County, CA metal band Leatherwolf have released a lyric video for the song "Hit The Dirt" off their forthcoming new studio album, Kill The Hunted, due out this fall.

Kill The Hunted, with artwork by Marc Sasso (Dio, Rob Rock, Cage), introduces powerful new vocalist, Keith Adamiak, alongside long-time guitarist, Rob Math, co-guitarist Luke Man (ex-Railgun) who first joined the fold in 2017 as a touring member, founding member/drummer, Dean Roberts, and veteran bassist, Barry Sparks (MSG, Dokken, Yngwie Malmsteen). The current Leatherwolf live line-up which had its baptism of fire at this year's M3 Festival in Columbia MD also features Wayne Findlay (MSG, Dream Child, Slavior) on guitar and keyboards and bassist BDrafts rice Snyder (ex-Railgun), on loan from thrashers Art of Shock.

"I feel like ‘Hit The Dirt’ is a great track to re-introduce Leatherwolf to the metal public with a vengeance. I mean, we've been out there and played live until Covid shut everything down but's it's been a while since we've had a new album", says Roberts. "‘Hit The Dirt’ pulls no punches and the trademark Leatherwolf elements are there: The combination of great riffage, twin guitar lines, ripping leads, strong vocals, and a chorus that'll stick in your head - it's all in there. We wanted to make a heavy album without sacrificing melody and variety and I think we've achieved that."

Produced by Roberts who's been the band's primary driving force for many years, Kill The Hunted took the better part of 3 years to complete from the initial writing and demo sessions in 2019 before things came full circle in early 2022 when legendary producer/engineer, Randy Burns (Megadeth, Kreator, Helstar), entered the picture some 40 years after first working with the group.

"Re-connecting with Randy was pure coincidence and a classic case of "everything happens for a reason", laughs Roberts. “We had been talking to a couple of other mixers, including Jacob Hansen over in Denmark who had done 'World Asylum' for us, when our manager found out that Randy was back in business. We love the original Tropical EP so we thought, "what the hell - let's get in touch with him and see what he can do with this stuff if he's available." It only took a couple of test mixes to know that he was exactly what we were looking for. Randy had it dialed real fast and was super easy to work with. We couldn't be more pleased with the end result. And then we handed it off to Tom Baker who been our mastering guy for years for the final polish. I think the fans will be as stoked as we are once they hear the album."

In related news, the band has announced that they have been forced to pull out of their two European shows, Headbangers Open Air near Hamburg, Germany and Rampa Kultura in Goleniów, Poland, at the end of July due to drummer Dean Roberts sustaining a severe wrist injury which will see him out of commission for several weeks.

"We were briefly contemplating doing the shows with a fill-in drummer so we wouldn't have to cancel, let people down, and lose money due to flight cancellations. Unfortunately, it just was not feasible for various reasons. Number one being that we simply would not have had enough time to properly rehearse a full set of 60-plus minutes of music and be confident enough to represent Leatherwolf at the sort of level we expect from ourselves and our fans rightfully expect from us. Our sincere apologies to everyone who was looking forward to seeing us but especially the organizers, Thomas and the HOA crew and Pawel and the Rock Hard Ride Free people, for putting them in a bind. So sorry, guys! We'll see you in 2023!"

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils ont réenregistré un vieux classique pour la version vinyle :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On retrouve le son du groupe sur les guitares.

Répondre