TNT se sépare de Tony Mills, retour de Tony Harnell...ou pas

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et leur guitariste Ronni Le Tekrø voudrait voir revenir Tony Harnell, qui n'exclut pas la possibilité mais qui n'est pas non plus certain de le faire.
TNT guitarist Ronni Le Tekrø has confirmed to Norway's TV 2 that the band has parted ways with its frontman of the past seven years, British vocalist Tony Mills (ex-SHY). In addition, he has expressed his desire to rejoin forces with Harnell for a possible appearance at the Ulturuka festival on August 17 in Vestre Toten, Norway.

But while Harnell has not closed the door on a possible reunion with his former TNT bandmates, he is adamant that the chances of anything happening this quickly are extremely slim.

"I'd just like to say that the 'press leak' in Norway was a bit premature," Harnell wrote on his Facebook page. "Meaning, if anything were to happen, it's not happening this soon. And I'm not saying anything is gonna happen."

Mills told VG that it was his choice to end his collaboration with the Norwegian act. "Most of this year, we barely played together, and we have not written anything or recorded something new. For me, that's not the way it should be when you're in a band."

Harnell confirmed in an email to VG that he has been in contact with Diesel Dahl and Ronni Le Tekrø about a reunion. "It is true that the three of us have talked about it, but there are still details that remain to be worked out before I commit to anything," Harnell is quoted as saying. He also made it clear that he did not want to "fill in" for Mills, but instead build a completely new and separate show.

"It's best to start afresh with a solid plan and proper preparation," Harnell said. "Next year is the 25th anniversary of the release of TNT album 'Intuition', so we're talking about taking advantage of that and making it a special tour."

Harnell rejoined TNT on stage for their 30th-anniversary concert on June 2, 2012 at the Clarion Hotel in Trondheim, Norway. The group performed a special setlist while accompanied by the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra (Trondheim Symfoniorkester). Also making a special appearance with the band was TNT's original singer, Dag Ingebrigtsen.

After leaving TNT in 2006, Harnell was replaced by Mills, who has since appeared on three studio albums from the band: 2007's "The New Territory", 2008's"Atlantis" and 2010's "A Farewell To Arms".

Harnell's final release as a member of TNT was the "Live in Madrid" DVD, which came out in September 2006 via MTM Music. The set, which was filmed on April 1, 2006 in Madrid, Spain, was accompanied by an 82-minute audio CD plus booklet liner notes from Harnell about his work with the group as well as an additional tour documentary by Darren Paltrowitz.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les explications du chanteur :
After three studio albums and extensive touring in Scandinavia, Europe and USA with Norwegian hard rockers TNT, British vocalist Tony Mills continues the journey in his own artistic direction. Tony's contractual obligations in territories like Japan and Australia, as well as different preferences in the rock world fueled the decision to part ways with the band.

"It has been a a long road since 2006 and I've been through a lot since Z Records recommended me for the job in Oslo," says Tony. "I've met a huge amount of people here; for such a small population compared to the U.K., the market for rock music is a lot bigger than I could have ever believed with grand support from the government and open doors for funding. The fan base is spread over generations and the promotional support unprecedented. The country is much bigger than it seems and we have flown so many times, I've lost count," Mills continues.

"After the passing of our beloved Dag Stokke [TNT keyboardist], and the parting with [TNT bassist] Victor Borge at the end of last year, my departing may not be altogether unexpected. But there are other contracts I need to fulfill and a different focus I have to maintain in the coming years. I wish [TNT guitarist] Ronni [Le Tekrø] and his team all the best for their future, however it may shape itself. We've had some remarkable experiences together and we've worked with some incredible characters, from Ozzy Osbourne to Trine Rein, Anita Hegerland, SKID ROW and MOTÖRHEAD, STAGE DOLLS, Morten Abel, Age Sten Nielsen and even the crown prince. Bless them all; I hope to see them a few more times before the rock 'n' roll wheel stops spinning and finally grinds to a halt. I shall be fulfilling all the previous engagements booked by the band and expected by the public, with great pleasure. And the 'Girls in Norway' are wonderful," Mills says in closing.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et du coup c'est Tony Harnell qui revient, comme on pouvait s'y attendre :
Norwegian/American hard rockers TNT, whose lineup once again features powerhouse singer Tony Harnell, has scheduled the following dates in 2014:

Jan. 17 - Gregers Live - Hamar (Norway)
Jan. 18 - Rockefeller - Oslo (Norway)
Apr. 26 - Telenor Arena - We Love the '80s - Oslo (Norway)
Apr. 30 - Idun Folkets Hus - Umeå (Sweden)
May 02 - Kulturens Hus - Luleå (Sweden)
May 03 - Waterfront - Stockholm (Sweden)
Jun. 06 - Sweden Rock Festival - Sölvesborg (Sweden)
Jun. 20 - Tons of Rock Festival - Halden (Norway)
Jun. 21 - Hønefoss Rock Festival - Hønefoss (Norway)
Jul. 19 - Väsby Rock Festival - Väsby (Sweden)

Harnell confirmed his reunion with TNT in October, explaining in a statement: "After much discussion and lots of soul searching, I'm happy to officially announce that I'll be back behind the microphone with TNT.

"I'm very proud of all we accomplished over the years and proud to have written and recorded all those great songs with my brother from another mother, Ronni Le Tekrø.

"Sometimes it's just time to give the fans what they're asking for.

"2014 is the 25th anniversary of the successful 'Intuition' album and we thought it would be a good time to get out and relaunch this little machine for you guys!

"Can't wait to see you all on tour!"

In August, TNT parted ways with its frontman of the past seven years, British vocalist Tony Mills (ex-SHY). He explained in a statement: "Maybe we did 500 shows or something like that, but not many out of Norway.

"It has been the most prolific live period in my career, and when I felt the stagnancy and the lack of desire to grow and develop any further, I knew my time was done with the band.

"I don't think it's sensible to expect new art from the band after thirty years, just a lot of re-living the past and reconstructions of old albums and performances.

"None of us are getting any younger, but I have a great desire to not stop creativity in my life. I hate wasting days and singing songs from the past to satisfy old fans.

"Nostalgia wasn't doing it for me.

"We were never close as friends or anything like that, so there is no great loss, and I have no doubt they will reform the original lineup and just do the whole thing all over again. I wish them good luck on that. I have other releases to come that excite me much more than that."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tnt-fe ... 4b2J9w8.99
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

ça devient n'imp.... :crazy:
Hellion
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Hellion »

Pour l'anecdote Il a auditionné pour Riot recemment avant de se voir preferer l'excellentissime chanteur de Burning Starr...

Moi j'ai laché TNT apres Realized fantasies et le live au japon...
Ils avaient tourné grunge neo rock il me semble ? Et sont j'imagine a des choses plus classic hard rock ? Vaut le coup de se pencher dessus ? Ce guitariste était vraiment excellent.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je ne suis pas sûr que les derniers soient neo grunge, le son plus moderne ça très probablement, mais de mémoire aux extraits qui circulaient ça restait du hard rock mélodique.
Quelqu'un pour confirmer/informer?
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Un live sort fin septembre pour célébrer les 30 ans du groupe :
Norwegian/American hard rockers TNT will release "30th Anniversary 1982-2012 Live In Concert With Trondheim Symphony Orchestra" on September 8 in Norway and on September 29 in the rest of Europe. This unique document of the band's three-decade career was captured on June 2, 2012 at the Clarion Hotel in Trondheim, Norway. The group performed a special setlist while accompanied by the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra (Trondheim Symfoniorkester). Also making special appearances with the band were Hank Von Helvete, Dee Snider (TWISTED SISTER), TNT's original singer, Dag Ingebrigtsen, and vocalist Tony Harnell, who has since rejoined the group following the departure of Tony Mills.

"30th Anniversary 1982-2012 Live In Concert" track listing:

01. Fanfare For The Common Man
02. Invisible Noise
03. Substitute
04. Refugee
05. As Far As The Eye Can See
06. Downhill Racer
07. Intuition
08. Northern Lights
09. Magica Lanterna (Tekrø Solo)
10. Sabre Dance
11. Harley Davidson
12. USA
13. Eddie
14. June
15. My Religion
16. Everyone’s A Star
17. 10.000 Lovers (In One)
18. Seven Seas

The DVD version includes a documentary

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Breizhjoker
Metal Invader
Metal Invader

Message par Breizhjoker »

Je n'aime pas les 3 albums avec Mills, par contre j'avais bien aimé le dernier avec Harnel : My Religion .

Par contre un live symphonique ça ne m'intéresse pas du tout.
Leur musique n'est pas faite pour ça.
J'ai vu Manilla Road !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En écoute intégrale :

Harnell quand même perdu vocalement on dirait, depuis ses problèmes de santé. :( Il a beaucoup de mal à assurer certains passages au début, ça s'arrange un petit peu une fois chauffé.
Sinon le concert est plutôt sympa en lui-même.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Devinez qui vient de quitter le groupe ? :/
Longtime US-born hard rock singer Tony Harnell, best known for his work with Norwegian rockers TNT, has left the band once again. His statement reads as follows:

“This was an amazing year for me and for all the TNT fans who were lucky enough to be at the concerts. Many of the shows were the best TNT shows ever in my opinion. Sadly it's not possible for me to continue with the band. I won't bore you with all the details...it's nothing mind blowing and it's certainly nothing new and it's also best to respect the privacy of the band and keep our issues between us. At least that's my goal. What I can tell you all is that I tried very hard once again to make it work for the long haul. I had really high hopes that it would last this time and that we would continue for years to come but it is a very volatile little machine. It's a really great band with a wonderful catalog of music and I'm proud of all the work we've done and all we've accomplished over the years. I love our crew and appreciate all their hard work and dedication. I wish the other guys in the band well in life and in all their future endeavors.

To the wonderful TNT fans...I know you feel deep disappointment right now and truly, so do I...more than you could ever know. My heart is broken, again, but I have no regrets about the past year and I'm really happy I could have such a wonderful final tour with the band for you guys. To all those who's cities we didn't reach, I apologize. It wasn't for lack of desire on my part to get to you this time.

Onward and upward! Love you all!

P.S. This is my statement, I won't elaborate.”
Il ne s'étend pas sur les raisons de son départ mais si c'est lié à ses soucis de santé, ça se comprendrait davantage.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas cool. Et il ne laisse aucun indice sur ses raisons...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Fallait bien que ça arrive : après son départ de Skid Row, Tony Harnell est réintégré dans TNT :D
American singer Tony Harnell has rejoined Norwegian rockers TNT, less than a year and a half after his most recent departure from the group.

Harnell and TNT guitarist Ronni Le Tekrø will start writing new material together for the first time in over ten years, with plans to enter the studio this summer to start recording new music. The rest of the band's new lineup will be announced soon.

Comments Harnell in a statement: "We're happy to be working together creatively again and hope our fans are are as excited as we are.

"We're already booking shows in the U.S. and across the world in 2017 and also hope to play in as many countries as possible over the next couple of years. Hopefully many countries that we haven't been to in a long time or perhaps ever!"

Harnell last quit TNT in January 2015 after a fifteen-month stint with the group, explaining that he "had really high hopes that it would last this time and that we would continue for years to come, but it is a very volatile little machine." He later told "The Classic Metal Show": "What happened, basically, was that I never actually got grooved back in with the band. I had about three months' worth of conversations with Diesel [TNT drummer Morten Dahl]. We finally came to an agreement where I said I'll do two shows. And those two shows were about three months apart, maybe four months apart. And he said, 'Fine.' I said, 'Let's see how the first show goes. If it goes okay, then we'll talk about business and we'll figure out a way to, basically, operate as a band. Because we had no plan in place. It was just… Was I gonna be a hired gun in my own band? Was I gonna come back into the company? I mean, there were a lot of questions to be answered. In this particular situation, the drummer is the booking agent. And that was always a problem for me, because I think it's a conflict of interest. So I was trying from the very beginning to change that. And when I said 'yes' the first two gigs, suddenly up on his web site for his booking agency, there was a photograph and, basically, saying that TNT was available for dates. So before I could even get grooved in and make any sort of agreement, there were ten dates booked, and then there were fifteen dates booked, and then twenty and so on and so on."

He continued: "You have to understand that in the business that we're in, he knew that he kind of had me by the balls, because once you book a show, and then you say 'no,' well, who's gonna get blamed? So to save face and to not… I was put in a very awkward situation, on purpose, and I was put on a spot. So being that I love the fans, and being that I love to perform live, I said, 'You know what?! Fine. We will work out the kinks as we go along. Let's do these shows, and as we go, we will have days off, and we will have meetings and we will work out the kinks. Well, try as I did, those meetings, which went on for hours, many of them, unfortunately, turned out to be completely a total waste of time. And there are many reasons why, and, again, I'm not gonna throw people under the bus and get into the details of why, but that's basically all I that I have to say about it. I did my very best to keep it together and to keep it professional. I wanted to stay in the band for the rest of my music career; that was my goal. I said, 'Okay, this is it. We can make this work.' People wanted the band. There were people all over the world that wanted to book the band and that were excited we were back together. The shows went phenomenally well. We were very well received at Sweden Rock, which is a wonderful festival, in front of 25,000 people on the night BLACK SABBATH played, and we did very, very well, and had a lot of shows like that. A lot of sold-out shows. So it was a very successful run. And the band went from being, basically, a struggling club band to getting back up to the stature where… close to the stature I had left it in 2006. But I couldn't get anywhere."

Harnell added: "I guess the realization of it was, because we couldn't work the business out, I was back as far as the fans were concerned, and even as far as I was concerned, and probably as far as the band was concerned, I was back. The band was back together, and we fully intended on going forward for as many years as possible. It is being portrayed now as though the plan was that I was only coming back for 2014 to do an 'Intuition' reunion tour, and that is absolutely, completely one hundred percent false. We were all in it for the long haul, and I tried to make it work for that. But when September [2014] came and the touring ended, nobody wanted to talk to me anymore, and my calls were not being returned, and my e-mails were not being returned by the most important people in the band that had the most influence. And the manager that came in to quote 'save the day' actually sunk the ship."

Back in November 2014, Le Tekrø spoke about TNT's plans for a new studio album, telling Metal Express Radio: "We're working constantly, making new plans, trying to find a period for songwriting before April, and hopefully going into the studio next fall." The guitarist added that TNT fans could expect to hear "strong songs… We already wrote three songs we're satisfied with. So I'm excited. [We're] trying to maintain the TNT sound."

Le Tekrø said the next TNT album would be recorded with the entire band playing together in the studio and not by sending each other files via the Internet. "I refuse to do that," he said. "I've never done that. The producer's gotta be there and the musicians, in the same room. Otherwise, I wouldn't call it an album. Then it's a project. There's no spirit in those albums. Maybe in electronic music you can do it. If you're working with rock and roll, the people have gotta be there, and rehearse and play."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/singer ... TkAhXz5.99
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Toute façon TNT sans Izzy Stradlin....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il fallait bien que ça arrive : Harnell quitte à nouveau le groupe :lol:

C'est quand même la 3ème fois!
Norwegian rockers TNT have once again parted ways with their American vocalist Tony Harnell.

Harnell rejoined TNT in May 2016, less than a year and a half after his previous departure from the group.

At the time of Harnell's latest exit from TNT, the band was said to be working on a new studio album for a 2018 release via Frontiers Music Srl.

TNT announced the most recent split with Harnell in a press release on Wednesday (October 11). The band wrote: "After a thirty-five-year career... with a few scattered breaks and temporary lineup changes in that time, it is with a heavy heart that the remaining original members of Norwegian rockers TNT have made the decision to move on in separate musical directions.

"The band's management team expressed how extremely difficult this decision was for the band... 'There is no easy way to break up a family.'

Being together for so long... even though separated by an ocean, they became brothers. Ronni [Le Tekrø, guitar], Tony and Diesel [Dahl, drums] wish nothing but the best for each other and will always be there for each other... although not musically.

"TNT will continue with a new vocalist and new release through Frontiers Records, to be announced very soon. The band will then commence international touring in early 2018 in support of the new release.

"Tony will immediately start work on a new STARBREAKER album, its third, also through Frontiers Records. A solo release is also in the works. Tony will start touring worldwide early in the New Year, with STARBREAKER shows planned after a solo tour.

"You will all be hearing great music from them again very soon!"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vocali ... tiqaK62.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau chanteur espagnol annoncé, non ce n'est pas le fils caché de Freddie Mercury. :D Regardez son nom de famille.
Norwegian rockers TNT have recruited Baol Bardot Bulsara as their new singer. The Spanish vocalist made his live debut with TNT on Wednesday, November 22 at the Oslo Spektrum on Oslo, Norway, where the band performed as the support act for the SCORPIONS.

TNT said in a statement: "This will be a new chapter for TNT and we wish Baol Bardot Bulsara welcome as our new singer. A big thank you to all the people that welcomed him in Oslo Spektrum on Wednesday and for supporting us. We look forward to a new year with gigs and a new album coming up soon!"

Baol stated in a video message: "I'm very happy and very grateful to be here, to be a part of the TNT family now. This is a dream come true for me, actually, because I've been a fan of TNT since my teens. You could say I grew up listening to the band. So this is kind of a strange karma for me, you know.

"Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I'm very grateful," he continued. "I appreciate so much your warmth there at the Spektrum and in the social media. You've been very kind to me, and I'm thankful for that. And I just wanted to tell you that I'm here to continue with the legacy and hopefully see you all in the near future touring and having fun together."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tnt-re ... 5Bip1Em.99

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est pas le chanteur du siècle pour le coup, mon dieu que c'est plat, on est très loin de Harnell. :/

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Prochain album :
Norwegian/Spanish hard rockers TNT will release a new studio album, "XIII", on June 8 via Frontiers Music Srl.

Spanish singer Baol Bardot Bulsara made his live debut with TNT last November at the Oslo Spektrum on Oslo, Norway, where the band performed as the support act for the SCORPIONS.

TNT said in a statement: "This will be a new chapter for TNT and we wish Baol Bardot Bulsara welcome as our new singer. We look forward to a new year with gigs and a new album coming up soon!"

Baol stated in a video message: "I'm very happy and very grateful to be here, to be a part of the TNT family now. This is a dream come true for me, actually, because I've been a fan of TNT since my teens. You could say I grew up listening to the band. So this is kind of a strange karma for me, you know. I just wanted to tell you that I'm here to continue with the legacy and hopefully see you all in the near future touring and having fun together."

"XIII" track listing:

01. We're Gonna Make It
02. Not Feeling Anything
03. Fair Warning
04. It's Electric
05. Where You Belong
06. Can't Breathe Anymore
07. Get Ready For Some Hard Rock
08. People, Come Together
09. Tears In My Eyes
10. 17th Of May
11. Catch A Wave