Argus (heavy / doom, USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du son : http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/159 ... -the-line/
Pitchfork.com has posted the exclusive world premier of "No Peace Beyond the Line," the brand new track from Pennsylvania doom metal outfit Argus. The song, taken from the band's forthcoming third full-length "Beyond the Martyrs," is streaming at this location. There's also a live upload of the song performed at The Gin Mill in Northampton, PA from a July 27th show streaming below.

"Beyond the Martyrs" starts where their 2011's release Boldly Stride the Doomed had left us...at the Ruins of Ouroboros. Cruz Del Sur Music will release Beyond the Martyrs on October 1st in North America and October 7th release in the UK.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En écoute intégrale : http://www.ztmag.com/exclusive.html
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

je vais m'écouter ça demain tiens! :cheers:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Pareil. :bang:
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Doom, doom, c'est pas forcément ce genre qui me vient en tête quand j'écoute!
Mais par contre je trouve vraiment excellent. :up: :rock: Vivement la suite... :)
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Un 7" sort dans quelques jours avec un nouveau titre et une reprise de Diamond Head (Streets of Gold) :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite en septembre :
Four years after the release "Beyond the Martyrs," mighty U.S. heavy metal torchbearers Argus will release "From Fields of Fire" on September 8th via Cruz Del Sur Music! "From Fields of Fire" is the defining moment from a band that has delivered the goods album after album. It is the highlight of the band's career to date and it is an album that will be seen as a highlight in heavy metal circles, not just this year, but for years to come.

Argus no longer needs an introduction. Three studio albums, three EPs, several European tours and US showcases and festival appearances have established the name of Argus as an established force in the heavy metal universe. Yet, Argus is a band not content to rest on its achievements. This is a band that is still hungry - a growing and strengthening animal that shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.

Judging from the outside almost nothing seems to have changed this time around on "From Fields of Fire." Another exceptional and visionary cover provided by Brad Moore (shown below), and an Intro/Outro on the track list, another of Argus' trademarks through all the records. But it's when you get on the inside, when you bite this album below the flesh to the bones that you realize Argus has not only been able to maintain uniqueness, but the band has raised the quality of the creativity and therefore raised the stakes for the future. There's a definite step ahead in terms of production and songwriting, which has reached the highest quality with the addition of producer and guitarist Dave Watson and bassist Justin Campbell in the line-up. The tense opener "Devils of Your Time" and the emotional closing "No Right to Grieve" are the songs that most clearly express their courage and confidence of exploring unusual sonic paths.

But it's the entire album that confirms that Argus is probably the best band nowadays to pay homage to traditional heavy metal without merely aping heroes. This is true metal with doom elements, two worlds that often touch, but have never been as well synthesized into a single, organic sound as they are here. "From Fields of Fire" features some real heavy metal gems: the infectious melodies and guitar-drive of "You Are the Curse" and "216," the moody "Hour of Longing," the galloping sound of "As a Thousand Thieves" and the borderline epic, ever-shifting majesty of "Infinite Lives, Infinite Doors."

"From Fields of Fire" is an album that whose parts are as strong as the whole, where each track is a highlight; yet, it is also an album that demands to be absorbed as a whole where the music, lyrics and atmosphere reach deep inside of you and take root as your appreciation of this band and this music grows to be a part of you.

The track listing is as follows:

1. Into The Fields Of Fire
2. Devils Of Your Time
3. As A Thousand Thieves
4. 216
5. You Are The Curse
6. Infinite Lives Infinite Doors
7. Hour Of Longing
8. No Right To Grieve
9. From The Fields Of Fire
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cruchot jr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Cruchot jr »

J'apprécie énormément ce groupe et les trois premiers albums, toutefois ce quatrième disque ne parvient à me convaincre. J'avais détecté une progression entre le premier album et le deuxième, puis entre le deuxième et le troisième, et ce constat ne s'applique malheureusement pas ici : suis-je trop exigeant envers ce groupe qui, par son style et sa qualité, mérite de figurer parmi les fers de lance du heavy metal actuel ? Non pas que ce quatrième disque soit mauvais, mais pour le fan il semblera plutôt convenu, sans prise de risque. Joie et volupté auditive à celui qui découvrira Argus avec leur "red album", toutefois.
I pledge to keep it alive ! I promise: metal will thrive !
I swear myself to the cause ! I'll teach all the metal laws !

http://defender.metal-live.com/viewtopi ... =9&t=18665
Répondre