Red Dragon Cartel : nouveau groupe de Jake E. Lee

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A suivre pour les fans de l'ancien guitariste d'Ozzy :
RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, will release its self-titled debut album on January 28, 2014 via Frontiers Records. The CD was recorded at Las Vegas' The Hideout Recording Studio — owned and operated by Kevin Churko (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, IN THIS MOMENT) — and was produced by R. Bernard Mann (a.k.a. Ronnie Mancuso) and Jake E. Lee, and executive-produced, mixed and mastered by Churko.

RED DRAGON CARTEL, which references the axeman's Japanese roots, also features Darren "D.J." Smith of Canadian metallers WARMACHINE, on vocals, Ronnie Mancuso (BEGGARS & THIEVES) on bass and Jonas Fairley (BLACK BETTY) on drums.

Jake E. Lee is best known for his work in BADLANDS and as guitarist for OZZY OSBOURNE on "Bark At The Moon" and "The Ultimate Sin" albums.

"Red Dragon Cartel" also features various guest appearances from some of rock's most notable faces, including legendary CHEAP TRICK vocalist Robin Zander, former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno, KILL DEVIL HILL/ex-PANTERA bassist Rex Brown, Sass Jordan, Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz (SLASH) and IN THIS MOMENT frontwoman Maria Brink.

From the opening riff of "Deceived" to final sustained piano chord of "Exquisite Tenderness", it is clear RED DRAGON CARTEL has created a hard rock gem. Infectious songs such as "Shout It Out", "Wasted" and "Slave" showcase the band's ability to write memorable hooks and vocal melodies. Zander of lends his voice to the track "Feeder" and a lyric video for the song can be seen below.

The album is available for pre-order on Amazon.com or digitally on iTunes and comes with an instant download of "Deceived".

Eddie Trunk will premiere "Deceived" in the 11:00 p.m. hour Friday night on his weekly radio show that can be heard on Q104.3 in the New York City area, streaming on Q104.3 web site or with the free iHeartradio app for any smartphone.

"Red Dragon Cartel" track listing:

01. Deceived
02. Shout It Out
03. Feeder (with Robin Zander)
04. Fall From The Sky (Seagull)
05. Wasted (with Paul Di'Anno)
06. Slave
07. Big Mouth (with Maria Brink)
08. War Machine
09. Redeem Me (with Sass Jordan)
10. Exquisite Tenderness

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jake-e ... 6efpQlq.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Everflow a écrit :A suivre pour les fans de l'ancien guitariste d'Ozzy
Randy Rhoads?! :diable: :oops:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

votre "serviteur" (héhéhéhé ce sont plutôt vous les humains qui devez me servir^^) est un grand fan de ce gratteux à la Charvel....et espère ne pas être déçu par son nouveau projet....
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Nouvel extrait :

Comment ça, cela rappelle "Bark at the Moon" ? :D
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

euh y sort d'où le chanteur, pace que franchement c'est vraiment moyen... :/
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Morceau efficace. j'ai toujours apprécié Jake E Lee, content de le voir revenir. :)
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Je fais la synthèse des 2 commentaires précédents. Bon morceau avec un chanteur médiocre.
Après avoir bossé avec Ozzy et surtout Ray Gilen, on pouvait espèrer plus ambitieux de ce côté là.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

clair que le riff fait très Bark at the moonien....et que le choix de ce chanteur laisse perplexe........ :hum:
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

D'autant plus perplexe après ce que je viens de voir..... :euh: :/ :non:

Bon ok, c'est filmé amateur, mais ça donne une idée du truc....
Zéro charisme, voix sans relief ....

Franchement, je pige pas.
D'autant qu'il paraît que lors de leur premier show les fans ont ralé parce qu'il chantait carrément faux.

Quand je repense aux 2 albums avec Ozzy et aux 2 albums avec Badlands, c'est vraiment le retour raté pour ma part.
Je suis beaucoup plus optimiste du coté de ce que fait Vandenberg pour comparer....
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Bib
Picard Heart
Picard Heart

Message par Bib »

J'ai trouvé le premier morceau plutôt chiant. Le 2ème assez cool par contre ! Effectivement, le chanteur laisse largement à désirer... :/
Tony Le Pouilleux a écrit :C'est étrange, je suis d'accord avec Cocal!
AUPA BO Image
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

ouais bien d'accord avec Supermetaaaaaaal....retour en mode "pétard mouillé"....
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le chanteur a l'air assez limité, mais ça sonne bien.
Et je trouve ça plus convaincant que le nouveau titre de Steel Panther que je viens d'écouter juste avant...
lelite
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par lelite »

J'aime bien les deux extraits "studio" le chant ne me choque pas plus que ça pour un djeuz :P , assez proche d'un Ozzy "période 80's" :D
le jeu de Jack e Lee est toujours bien propre 8-)
Par contre les extraits live ça craint le bark at the moon est massacré, j'ai bien aimé au tout début on entend un spectateur demander "killer of giant" que Jack e fait semblant de zapper :P
"Si tu veux contrôler le peuple, commence par contrôler sa musique" PLATON
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Nouveau clip pour un titre assez moyen à mon goût :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

cet album part un peu (beaucoup) dans tous les sens....bien déçu par cet album........ :(
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et je réitère ce que j'ai donc avancé. Pour comparer avec un autre guitariste qui marque son retour sur cette scène l'album d'Adrian Vandenberg est une totale réussite.
Vraiment déçu par ce retour en demi-teinte.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

MegaMetal a écrit :Et je réitère ce que j'ai donc avancé. Pour comparer avec un autre guitariste qui marque son retour sur cette scène l'album d'Adrian Vandenberg est une totale réussite.
Vraiment déçu par ce retour en demi-teinte.
vi.... :)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Changement de bassiste, Jake a retrouvé un ancien compagnon de Badlands :
Bassist Ron Mancuso has decided to leave RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, in order to return to his production career. He will be replaced by none other than Lee's former BADLANDS bandmate Greg Chaisson.

Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

yeah super :)
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Sur les 2 albums d'OZZY, je me régale du jeu subtil et tranchant de Jake E LEE (ha, les dernières secondes de "Lightning Strikes" avec ses triolets à fond les manettes, quel plaisir!!!).
Mais ici, en écoutant ces vidéos, j'ai cru à une plaisanterie : des potes déguisés qui viennent jouer pour un pote qui se marie.
Ca ne sonne pas pro du tout, en ce sens que c'est plein d'imperfactions, le groupe ne semble pas prêt ni soudé (le chanteur à l'air à l'Ouest, il est très maladroit). De plus, pour ce qui est de la prise de vue, elle a été faite par un non-voyant.
Dernier point : je crois que leur atout réside dans l'originalité de leur Hard Rock : très original, mais pour moi, ils ne sont pas assez travaillés. Resserre les boulons, Jake !!!
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview de Jake lors de son passage à la TV chez Eddie Trunk, il rappelle au passage comment il s'est fait arnaquer par le clan Osbourne :
Guitarist Jake E. Lee says that he wrote most of the music for Ozzy Osbourne's classic 1983 album "Bark At The Moon" — with some help from Osbourne's bassist at the time, Bob Daisley — but that he didn't get any credit for it as part of an agreement he made with Osbourne and Ozzy's then-record company. The LP is the only Ozzy Osbourne album on which the songwriting is credited entirely to the singer.

Lee, who was tapped by Ozzy to replace the late Randy Rhoads in Osbourne's band, played on two Ozzy records: "Bark At The Moon" and 1986's "The Ultimate Sin".

During a December 1 appearance on Eddie Trunk's "Trunk Nation" show on SiriusXM's Hair Nation, Lee recalled how he gave up the songwriting credit for "Bark At The Moon". He said: "Here's the truth. This is really gonna get me in more hot water, but whatever, I'm in hot water and I don't see a way out…"

He continued: "I was told from the get-go, '[If] you write part of the songs, you'll get writing credit, you'll get publishing. That's part of your deal.' So we recorded the album. I'm recording the album at Ridge Farm in Scotland, and this in the middle of Scotland, in the middle of farmland. It is actually a farm — Ridge Farm is actually a farm; the recording studio is in the barn. So I'm by myself. I don't have management, I don't have a lawyer, I don't have anything. Anyway… But they promise me, 'You'll get what's coming.' And I keep asking because I'm getting really close to finishing all my stuff on the record, and finally, once I lay down the final track of my guitar playing, they said, 'Ah! We have the contract for you.' And in it, it says, specifically, 'Ozzy Osbourne wrote all the songs. You had nothing to do with any of the writing, you have no claim to publishing, and you cannot say so publicly.' And I looked at it. I'm looking at Sharon [Ozzy's wife/manager], and I said, 'This is not what you told me before.' And she says, 'No, it isn't.' [And I said], 'Why do you think I'm gonna sign it?' And she says, 'Because if you don't, we'll give you a plane ticket, you go back home and you stand in line and you sue us. In the meantime, we have all your tracks, we'll get another guitar player, he'll redo your tracks, and you'll have nothing.'"

Jake added: "The only reason I'm saying it now is because that was just mean. That was mean. What am I gonna do? Really? Am I gonna say, 'Fine. I'm going home. Take my tracks off. Some other guy will get all the credit for playing guitar, and I still have to try to sue you for the rights?' It would have been just… not a good decision."

Asked how it came about that he got songwriting credit for his work on "The Ultimate Sin", Jake said: "Well, then, I refused to do anything until I had a contract in front of me promising me writing credit and publishing."

Lee also recalled some of the writing sessions for "Bark At The Moon", telling Trunk: "It's funny, 'cause when I was re-learning 'Now You See It (Now You Don't)' [for my new band RED DRAGON CARTEL's live set], I could remember vividly when [Bob and I] wrote that song together and how it was kind of based on 'Whole Lotta Love' by LED ZEPPELIN. We were trying to come up with a riff like that. And I had the riff, [Bob] wrote the bridges, and we both wrote the chorus. And I can remember him sitting there and me sitting here and writing that song together. He had a lot to do with… I came up with most of the riffs and most of the music. He would add things that made it special."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jake-e ... Ju3pUfS.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le chanteur est "parti", du moins c'est ce qu'il affirme et retourne dans Harem Scarem pour les prochaines dates de ce dernier cité.
Guitarist Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel has parted ways with singer Darren Smith, who will be joining his former bandmates Harem Scarem on their upcoming tour. A replacement will be announced shortly. No reason has been given for Smith's exit, although the Canadian vocalist has issued the following brief statement:

"It is true I left RDC, kinda complicated but I think it was the right thing to do. One day I'll comment more, for now 'thats all folks!!!'"

Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Pour moi, c'est une bonne nouvelle qu'ils se soient séparés de ce chanteur sans éclat.
Ils ne pourront trouver que mieux.
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Son remplaçant pour les prochains concerts est déjà connu, il s'agit de Michael Beck (ex-Scary Hairy).

Pierre Desproges
Répondre