Cynic - Kindly Bent To Free Us

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Je ne sais pas qui est tout le monde, mais je ne le savais pas :) .
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

De même. :oops:
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Je pensais que c'était de notoriété publique. Surtout pour Masvidal chez qui c'est évident (les paroles de "The Philosopher" de Death, c'est pour lui d'ailleurs). Mais bon d'un côté, la vie privée des artistes, tant qu'ils ne sont pas pédophiles, zoophiles ou supporters de l'OM, je m'en cogne un peu!
PE
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par PE »

Ils ne s'en sont jamais cachés auprès des gens qu'ils côtoient dans le milieu de la musique. C'est comme ça que je le sais depuis pas mal d'années, car si je ne les connais pas personnellement, on a des connaissances en commun. Du coup, ça fait quand même beaucoup de gens qui étaient au courant, donc la rumeur était là. C'est pour ça que beaucoup pensent que c'était de notoriété publique. Mais ils n'en avaient jamais parlé publiquement dans la presse jusque-là.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Comme annoncé dans le topic concerts, le groupe a de nouveau splitté, des histoires d'ego pour résumer grossièrement.
Legendary progressive rock innovators CYNIC — consisting of guitarist/vocalist Paul Masvidal, drummer Sean Reinert and bassist Sean Malone — have once again called it quits.

Reinert has posted the following message on the band's official Facebook page:

"It is with a heavy heart that I post today's CYNIC news.

"CYNIC is no longer an active band. Due to artistic and personal differences, the second chapter in the 'book of CYNIC' has come to an end.

"I will say the last shows we played in Japan have left me with a positive charge, even though they were the last live performances with Paul, Sean Malone and I on the same stage.

"My longstanding creative partnership with Paul, which started when we were very young kids in south Florida, has simply endured so much friction that there is no way, from my perspective, that CYNIC can be salvaged, repaired or kept afloat by any means.

"I profusely apologize to the fans who were not only expecting us in China and Taiwan (that was not our fault), but to the fans who were planning to see us in Europe next month.

"These things happen, unfortunately, to bands. There can be differing levels of conflicts and/or differences in opinions, musical directions, or perspectives. Sometimes these things are insurmountable, and no amount of time or effort can resolve them. This is the case with CYNIC."

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Apparemment le split n'est plus si évident que cela désormais, c'est flou cette histoire...
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Sean Reinert a le contrôle de la page FB du groupe et c'est donc lui dans un premier temps qui a annoncé la fin de Cynic.
La situation réelle c'est plutôt que lui s'est barré mais Paul veut continuer et a pour se faire, engagé le batteur de Trioscapes, leur permettant d'assurer un concert européen (l'Euroblast le week-end prochain).

Si cette date se déroule bien, je pense que Cynic continuera plus ou moins sous cette forme, en espérant qu'il n y aura pas dans le même temps une sale histoire de procès concernant l'utilisation du nom du groupe, etc.

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

concert complet :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La suite des événements : Paul Masvidal reprend le groupe, qui continue donc sans Sean Reinert, après un accord entre ces 2 là.
Further development have been made in regard to Cynic's status. The progressive metal legends have agreed that Cynic will continue its activity without long-time original drummer Sean Reinert, as guitarist and vocalist Paul Masvidal will push on to find new talents to add to the Cynic fame. In his farewell post on the band's Facebook page, Reinert explained the situation and the agreement reached between him and Masvidal and the future plans for both musicians.

He wrote: "Today I post with a heavy heart, but also a lightened spirit. A settlement has been reached between Paul and I in regards to Cynic. I am unable to disclose any of the details regarding this agreement but I am at peace with the arrangement. I am going to step aside from Cynic and continue with my personal projects - Paul is going to continue with Cynic and his. I want to take this last Facebook post as an opportunity to humbly thank all of the musicians, engineers, technicians, companies, booking agents, managers, crew, press, labels and friends that I've worked with (and will likely continue to) over this past 30-year span. Most of all - I would like to thank the fans, who to this day still blow me away with their loyalty and love. You've always been the inspiration and the fuel for the machine! To Paul, I sincerely wish him and the musicians he hires nothing but the best."
Répondre