Delain (gothic / symphonic metal, Pays-Bas)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

C'était très agréable visuellement au Hellfest.

Sinon ils sortent un nouvel album cet été :
Dutch symphonic metallers DELAIN will release their fifth studio album, titled "Moonbathers", on August 26 via Napalm Records.

Comments DELAIN: "We have never had so many milestone events in one year. The release of our EP, 'Lunar Prelude', our fifth studio album, 'Moonbathers', our upcoming 10-year anniversary celebrations and live registration, and there is still more to come. All of this while playing our most heavy touring year ever. We are on a roll, and our new album, 'Moonbathers', is here to embody that. We hope you will enjoy this new effort and join us on our endeavors making 2016 the biggest year for DELAIN ever!"

"Moonbathers", mastered by Grammy Award winner Ted Jensen, will satiate your hunger for the symphonic greatness, catchy hooks and a solid dose of metal that the band is known for. It showcases DELAIN from both their most extravagant and sensitive sides as they explore all things nocturnal through an especially varied set of tracks, including a surprising cover of classic rock legends QUEEN as well as a reappearance of Alissa White-Gluz (ARCH ENEMY) as a special guest on opening track "Hands Of Gold".

The visual counterpart comes courtesy of longtime collaborator and neo-Victorian romantic Glenn Arthur.

DELAIN singer Charlotte Wessels told Xpress Radio about the songwriting process for "Moonbathers": "For this new album, we cut up… Normally, you would like to take a few months to go into writing mode, to go into recording mode, and then go and put it all together. But we never really had the time for that this year. We kind of did a few writing blocks and a few recording blocks and a few production blocks. I really like the way that has allowed us to keep touring and to not take a break on anything else we were doing. On the other hand, I do also like the feeling of really immersing yourself in that creative process, and for my taste, we've been having to move on very soon. It's not really saying that one is better than the other, but everything comes with a price. And last time we were really, really busy touring, and I wouldn't have done anything else, but you do notice that for everything that you want to do, there's something else that you cannot do. So now we solved that challenge by kind of cutting up that whole production of the new album in different blocks. And I think it was a creative solution that worked."

Regarding the musical direction of the new DELAIN material, Charlotte said: "Listening to the album now, I think that in the style of the songs, it really goes in… It's more varied than our… Like, the production is a lot like our last album, because we really like the mix and we really like the master, so we chose to handle some of those the same, with the same people. But at the same time, if you listen to the songs… For example, on the last album, there wasn't like a real 'ballad ballad,' and there is on this record, but also it has probably some of the loudest tracks. Amd then there is like a really uptempo rock kind of track. There's really a lot of different stuff there, but the overall feel is really dramatic, and I like that. There's not one particular thing that I can pinpoint as being different, but I think in a way that the album is kind of going from one end of the style spectrum to another on this record, I think that's pretty interesting."

"Moonbathers" track listing:

01. Hands Of Gold (feat. Alissa White-Gluz)
02. The Glory And The Scum
03. Suckerpunch
04. The Hurricane
05. Chrysalis - The Last Breath
06. Fire With Fire
07. Pendulum
08. Danse Macabre
09. Scandal
10. Turn the Lights Out
11. The Monarch

Bonus CD

12. Suckerpunch (live in The Netherlands)
13. Turn The Lights Out (live in The Netherlands)
14. The Glory And The Scum (live in The Netherlands)
15. Don't Let Go (live in The Netherlands)
16. The Glory And The Scum (orchestra)
17. Hands Of Gold (orchestra)

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
NicoGan
Nanowarrior
Nanowarrior

Message par NicoGan »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :C'était très agréable visuellement au Hellfest.
Toi aussi tu regardais l'écran géant malgré le fait d'être tout devant ? :oops:
ImageImageImage
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Delain have released the video for "Fire With Fire", featured on the band's first ever live DVD/Blu-Ray package, A Decade Of Delain: Live At Paradiso, out now via Napalm Records.

A Decade Of Delain: Live At Paradiso was filmed at a sold out gig at Amsterdam’s legendary Paradiso on December 10th, 2016. Delain was joined on stage throughout the evening by Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy), Liv Kristine, Burton C. Bell (Fear Factory), and many other special guests and collaborators.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dutch metallers DELAIN will release "Hunter's Moon" on February 22, 2019 via Napalm Records. The effort consists of exciting new studio tracks accompanied by a live Blu-ray from the band's sold-out "Danse Macabre" 2017 European tour.

"Hunter's Moon" is the final in the trilogy, and follows on from DELAIN's EP "Lunar Prelude" and the full-length album "Moonbathers".

"Hunter's Moon" includes four brand new tracks, ten live songs, and a Blu-ray shot at the infamous Utrecht Tivoli, featuring many special guests, including NIGHTWISH's Marco Hietala. The Blu-ray truly encapsulates DELAIN's breathtaking stage performance and showcases the band's stunning stage production.

The cover art for "Hunter's Moon" was created by Cam Rackam and can be seen below.

"Hunter's Moon" track listing:

Brand new studio tracks

01. Masters Of Destiny
02. Hunter's Moon
03. This Silence Is Mine
04. Art Kills

Live from Utrecht

05. Hands Of Gold - Live (feat. George Oosthoek)
06. Danse Macabre - Live
07. Scarlet - Live
08. Your Body Is A Battleground - Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
09. Nothing Left - Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
10. Control The Storm - Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
11. Sing To Me - Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
12. Not Enough - Live
13. Scandal - Live (feat. Marco Hietala)
14. The Gathering - Live (feat. Marco Hietala)

DELAIN stated: "Along with the live Blu-ray are four new studio tracks. Two of these offer a preview of what we are working on for our new full-length studio album, which we expect to release in 2019. 'Masters Of Destiny' is a dramatic, cinematic track that we're excited to shoot an equally dramatic video for this week. The title track, 'Hunter's Moon', has more of a catchy feel and will hopefully appeal to our fans featuring heavy riffs, orchestrations, a large chorus and as a novel feature, Timo's screams. Our guitarists stepped to the forefront on this release in writing 'This Silence Is Mine' (Timo Somers) and 'Art Kills' (Merel Bechtold). With fond live memories, classic and new sounds we're excited to present 'Hunter's Moon' to the world!"

Hietala stated about the "Danse Macabre" tour: "I was really pleased to do the tour, because it gave me a chance to challenge myself in different surroundings and band dynamics. In the end, it comes down to the same old but great thing. I love doing good shows with good people for good audiences. All for one and one for all!"

DELAIN said about the live Blu-ray: "The 'Moonbathers' tour has been a hell of a ride and the 'Danse Macabre' shows were an absolute highlight. We are excited to share the footage of our show at Tivoli Vredenburg with you on this brand new Blu-ray. It was great to finally perform all of our collaborations with Marco live, something our fans have been asking for for such a long time! Also gracing the stage were George Oosthoek, who gave his signature sound to 'Hands Of Gold', and Elianne Anemaat, who adorned 'Scarlet' with her beautiful cello tonnes. The Tivoli show had such an amazing atmosphere and was one of the highlights of our career. Plus a home match for some of us! We are thrilled to have this Blu-ray as a physical souvenir of the night and we hope that our fans will enjoy it as much as we did."

DELAIN is:

Martijn Westerholt - Keyboards
Charlotte Wessels - Vocals
Joey Marin de Boer - Drums
Otto Schimmelpenninck van der Oije - Bass
Timo Somers - Guitar
Merel Bechtold - Guitar
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Très heavy même s'il ne se passe pas grand chose à mon goût, mais chant de bon niveau :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Pfff ces paroles niaises... :nul:
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Delain (gothic / symphonic metal, Pays-Bas)

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe a complètement explosé, avec seul le claviériste d'origine qui reste à bord, et transforme le groupe en un projet solo à nouveau.

Apparemment tous les autres vont poursuivre leurs propres projets, pas forcément ensemble.
DELAIN keyboardist Martijn Westerholt has announced the dissolution of the band's most recent lineup. Going forward, Martijn plans to "keep DELAIN alive" by taking it back to a project form, releasing music with special guests.

Westerholt broke the news of the end of the latest DELAIN lineup in a social media post earlier today. He wrote: "For the last year or so, the collaboration within the band ceased to work as well as it once had. Some of us were no longer happy with the current roles in the band. We all tried very hard to find a solution for over a year, but sadly we were unable to find one. As a result, we will all be going our own ways and pursuing our own endeavors.

"I am very sad our cooperation has come to end, but at the same time I am very grateful for all the years we were able to work together. Together we toured the world, shared highs and lows, and met with many successes as well as times that pushed us to learn and grow. We all enjoyed meeting our fans and making new friends all over the globe. I would like to thank my fellow bandmates and wish Timo, Otto, Joey, and especially Charlotte the very best for the future. And I hope that will mean onwards and upwards to new musical adventures for each of them!

"That being said, DELAIN will live on. The others have chosen to pursue different paths. I have decided to keep DELAIN alive by continuing on with writing and producing the music for DELAIN as I always have. I started DELAIN as a project in 2002 and for the next album I will take it back to a project form, releasing music with special guests. As it looks now many familiar faces will be returning to join me on this journey.

"I can't express my gratitude enough to all of you Delainers that have supported us over so many years. Your dedication to the music and the community you created for us has been overwhelming. Even though this situation is not ideal, change never usually is at first, I hope you will continue to join DELAIN on its new journey. This is not the end of DELAIN. It's the end of a chapter, but also the beginning of a new one."

Singer Charlotte Wessels said: "DELAIN has been my world for nearing 16 years, which is half of my life and my entire career. So it is with a heavy heart that I am confirming that DELAIN will continue as Martijn's solo project, and my involvement with DELAIN ends here.

"At this time, I know that you might have questions about the 'why' in all of this. I fully understand and respect that. Simply put, it is the sad conclusion of more than a year of trying to find solutions to built up grievances. Part of me feels like I'm letting all of you down, I'd like you to know that this decision was not taken lightly and I apologise to those of you who had high hopes of seeing all of us together live on stage again after lockdown. Until recently, I thought this might still be in the cards for us as well.

"In the last 15 years we have released music that we have poured our heart and soul into. We have toured the world, rocked so many stages and met so many wonderful fans; I cherish all of that beyond measure. Every eye locked during a lyric, every front row high five, every after show hug (remember hugs?) From the sweaty hole in the wall to the Wembleys, Wackens, and Paradisos of our career. The memories we — band, crew, fans — have made together, will last forever. And in the end, they are more important to me than the differences that we couldn't overcome, so that's where I'd like the focus of the narrative to be.

"So where do we go from here? Otto, Timo and Joey are also leaving DELAIN, but will carry on making music with their own projects. Make sure you're following what they're up to. I can't wait to see and hear how they will take the world by storm. Martijn will continue with DELAIN, and although it may be painful at first to see a DELAIN that I'm not a part of, I do wish him the very best in this new chapter. Like any relationship, our creative partnership has required work at times, but it has also been incredibly fruitful and I am grateful for all the things that we made together. Finally, I hope that DELAIN remains a positive force in everyone's lives. We Are The Others, always will be, and none of this changes that.

"As for myself, I'll keep writing and performing music. It is the thing that gives me joy and purpose.

"I'm beyond grateful for my amazing community on Patreon, something that was supposed to be a side project from DELAIN, but will now be the primary place that I release music and create art and community. This platform allows me to keep creating independently and I am thankful for all patrons that make this possible. I am dedicated to bring you my absolute best, and look forward to making magic with all of you.

"I welcome the future with open arms, and I hope to see you on my journey."
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Alors ça c'est franchement dommage ! Surtout pour Charlotte... Je ne suis pas un ultime fan du groupe mais j'avais prendre beaucoup de plaisir à écouter Delain de temps en temps et en concert cela marchait vraiment bien.
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
metalizer
Tormentor
Tormentor

Re: Delain (gothic / symphonic metal, Pays-Bas)

Message par metalizer »

:,(
J'espère que Charlotte va vite rebondir :amour:
"They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell!!"
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Oh à mon avis on va entendre parler d'elle... D'ailleurs elle n'avait pas fait - ou n'allait pas faire - un album solo ?
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Charlotte Wessels a effectivement un projet solo, et pendant ce temps le claviériste de DELAIN a remonté un line-up complet. Ils proposent une nouvelle chanson énergique qui ne dépayse pas :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »