Michael Denner / Hank Shermann (Mercyful Fate)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Michael Denner et Hank Shermann ont officiellement lancé leur groupe :
Michael Denner and Hank Shermann have joined forces to create their own moniker, Denner/Shermann.

Says Hank Shermann: "We recently recorded the video for “Dont Break The Oath” 30th anniversary, and got so inspired that we transformed the idea to create Denner/Shermann. Besides working with our respective own bands - Shermann Tank and Denners Trickbag, we now have the opportunity to extend the collaboration we started with Mercyful Fate in the early 80s."

“Yeah, we're super excited to play together again and get the twin-guitars into action once more”, says Michael Denner.

The 30th Anniversary video for Mercyful Fate's Dont Break The Oath album will be released soon. Updates on Denner/Shermann to follow.

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

:bave: :bave: :bave:
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Faut voir, pas fan du projet solo de Shermann, et si c'est pour faire des morceaux à la MF récent sans le King, pareil pas sûr que ce soit la claque. J'attends avant de me réjouir perso.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Les dernière fois que les compères guitaristes avaient joint leurs forces ça avait donné Force of Evil qui avait sorti un 1er album vraiment très bon. J'avais pas accroché du tout le second mais j’écoute encore beaucoup le premier.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

ils vont sans doute trouver un chanteur qui ressemble au King, comme à fait Judas et Accept.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ouaip en gros ils vont refaire Force of Evil (que j'avais bien aimé, surtout le deuxième album un peu plus méchant), avec juste un chanteur différent.
Une manière de promouvoir des concerts de reformation de MF?
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Everflow a écrit :Une manière de promouvoir des concerts de reformation de MF?
Trop d'espoir... Mais ce serait tellement :bave:
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Bon, j'ai trouvé le second FORCE OF EVIL hier à 2,80€... Finalement, il passe mais je lui préfère largement le premier. Peut-être que le chanteur en fait un peu trop que c'est un peu trop méchant pour moi aussi.
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Mr. Shaw; done with recordings!
:euh:
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Just completed the first batch of songs for a future release! With an intense six weeks period of writing, songs are now ready for the nxt steps!! Stay tuned for upcoming news../HS
►►Intense Songwriting Completed!! Now lets go and record!..\m/
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Snowy Shaw à la batterie donc... et au chant également? Ça ne serait pas totalement impossible (enfin sauf pour les concerts, quoique).
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

jony a écrit :Bon, j'ai trouvé le second FORCE OF EVIL hier à 2,80€... Finalement, il passe mais je lui préfère largement le premier. Peut-être que le chanteur en fait un peu trop que c'est un peu trop méchant pour moi aussi.
effectivement le 1er est remarquable ! j'avais bien aimé le second aussi mais comme toi le 1er reste la référence, j'ai jamais compris pour quoi ils avaient tout arrêttés du coup !!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

All guitars done for Denner/Shermann and now mix in progress at Sound Industry Studio in Sweden for our first Album slated for a 2015 release! More info coming soon..
Bon sang, j'en peux plus de ces infos au compte-gouttes, balancez des extraits par pitié, donnez-nous des détails sur le chant... arg... Je ne tiens plus...
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ah là là !!!! :rock: :rock:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

De nouvelles infos, dont le titre de l'album, sont données :
Michael Denner and Hank Shermann, the original guitar players of Mercyful Fate's legendary Melissa and Don't Break The Oath albums, have created a new classic in the forthcoming album, Satan's Tomb, coming in 2015 on Metal Blade Records. These songs were crafted with the Mercyful Fate worldwide legion of fans at the forefront of their collective minds. From the first riff to the last wail, one cannot help but feel the magic newly recaptured once again.

The band, which is simply called Denner / Shermann, calls into service a formidable group of allies who were capable of helping realize this menagerie of malice, was a task carefully orchestrated by these metal mad scientists. Shermann first called upon Marc Grabowski (Demonica) to handle the bass guitar, followed by the only drummer that made sense for many obvious aspects, the one known as Snowy Shaw (Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Dream Evil). Many voices were considered, but fate lead them to Sean Peck (Cage, Death Dealer). He was not only a fan but had the versatile vocal skills to make the new songs come to life like their fans would expect.

Hank Shermann comments: "We have been writing and recording with an incredible line up of musicians and the fans are in for a dark, classic, heavy metal treat for sure. We wanted to get back to the essence of what we created back in the early 80s" "The music inevitable sounds like you would hope it to be, fans of our early work should be very excited".

Music for their debut release has been completed, and the title is Satan's Tomb, and promises to be one of the finest pure classic metal releases of 2015.

Brian Slagel adds: "I am super excited to welcome Denner / Shermann to the Metal Blade family. I have known Michael and Hank for more than 25 years. I am honored to be able to work with these two legendary musicians. Really excited to work with all the guys on this exciting new band!"

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

Ils parlent juste d'un EP... :(
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

rah les radins ! :grr: :D

Pierre Desproges
jerome83
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par jerome83 »

C'est déjà pas mal... :D

Sinon pour les fans de FULFATE, Kim ruzz arrète de jouer avec son groupe METALRUZZ ....

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... -it-quits/
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

beau line up ! un peu surpris du choix de Peck tout de même, j'aime bien mais je sais pas si sa voix collera à un heavy un peu "sombre"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sean Peck devrait être parfait, souvenez-vous :)

Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

exact oui ! ça devrait le faire en fait ;)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Voilà toutes les infos sur l'EP et un premier sample sonore est disponible :
A trailer for the new DENNER / SHERMANN EP “SATAN’S TOMB” has been released showcasing clips of songs from their upcoming release on October 2nd on METAL BLADE RECORDS.

Guitar Legends MICHAEL DENNER and HANK SHERMANN of MERCYFUL FATE have given an offering of supremely, classic heavy metal infused with an overload of their signature, dark magic shredding. According to the legendary guitar duo, getting SNOWY SHAW (King Diamond/Therion/Sabaton) on Drums, MARC GRABOWSKI (Demonica) on Bass Guitar, and SEAN PECK (Cage/Death Dealer) on vocals, onboard to form the band was a critical component to bringing these 4 tracks to life. Michael Denner added “Creating these songs with this line up really ignited my metal fire hotter than ever! I’m sure the fans are going to love this thing” “This mix ended up really having an old school feel to it that sounds awesome when blasting at an unhealthy volume” says Shermann.

“Being invited to collaborate with these two guys who had such a profound, major impact on my indoctrination to metal, has been absolutely killer! And now we are continuing to write more material for a full length release too. My mind is officially blown!” says singer Sean Peck.

The EP was recorded in the USA, Denmark and Sweden and was mixed by Arnold Lindberg at Sound Industry Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden. The mastering was done by Maor Applebaum in Los Angeles, California.
The SATAN’S TOMB cover artwork was painted by Thomas Holm whose work on MERCYFUL FATE’s MELISSA and DON’T BREAK THE OATH is well known throughout the metal world.

The track listing for SATAN’S TOMB is as follows:

1. Satan’s Tomb
2. War Witch
3. New Gods
4. Seven Skulls

This will be available in both CD, Vinyl formats and downloads.

C'est donc l'illustrateur des 2 premiers albums de Mercyful Fate qui a été sollicité, joli clin d’œil.
Récemment il a fait des visuels pour les albums de Wolf.

Pierre Desproges
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ah ouais c'est pas mal !!!
jony
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par jony »

J'ai pas envie d'écouter. Je veux l'avoir dans les mains et l'écouter directement chez moi. Mais c'est dur !!!
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Répondre