Tank nouveau line-up 2.0

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est la version Cliff Evans du groupe, non pas celle de Algy Ward.
Et le line-up a encore bien changé depuis le dernier album, avec des ex Dragonforce, Sodom, faut s'accrocher pour suivre :
Metal Mind Productions has announced the extension of the recording deal with British heavy metal veterans Tank. The band's forthcoming, yet-untitled album is planned for March 2015. This will be their first record with new vocalist ZP Theart (ex-DragonForce), drummer Bobby Schottkowski (ex-Sodom) and bassist Barend Courbois (Blind Guardian) in the band.

Guitarist Cliff Evans comments: "We are very pleased to announce that we will be continuing our successful relationship with Metal Mind Productions who will be releasing our new studio album planned for March 2015. Since originally signing with Metal Mind in 2009, they have released two of our best selling and most critically acclaimed albums, War Machine and War Nation, and were instrumental in the production of our very first official DVD, War Machine Live. We enjoy working with an established metal label that understands what needs to be done to make a successful album release and we look forward to many more future collaborations. After our recent successful tour of Brazil, we're excited to be heading into the studio with our new band members to start creating and laying down some serious metal tracks.

"Joining Mick Tucker and myself on the new album will be vocalist ZP Theart (DragonForce), drummer Bobby Schottkowski (Sodom) and bassist Barend Courbois (Blind Guardian). These guys are the 'Big Guns' who will help to push the limits of Tank to a new level. Their pedigree speaks for itself. We'll soon be announcing the album title along with studio updates and teasers. We will also have the pleasure of playing songs from the new album for the very first time at our performance on the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise in January 2015. European shows and festivals are now being scheduled for the new year and we will also be returning to South America later in 2015. The Mighty Tank Rolls On!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Ah oui ZP Theart... :crazy:

Sinon l'album a un nom et une date de sortie :
As recently announced, Metal Mind Productions extended the recording deal with the British heavy metal legend – Tank. Through the years, Metal Mind have re-released the band's back catalogue and released their recent albums War Machine (2010) and War Nation (2012). Tank’s forthcoming album titled Valley Of Tears is scheduled for release on June 8th in Europe and June 9th in North America (via MVD).

Guitarist Cliff Evans comments: "The title comes from the famous Tank battle during the 1973 Yom Kippur War where one side was massively outnumbered but fought on regardless and against all odds secured a heroic victory. We feel that our style of metal is slowly disappearing and now we must also fight against the odds to keep it alive. We hope ‘Valley of Tears’ will inspire other bands and fans alike to never forget what real metal is all about. The Mighty Tank Rolls On!”
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Ouais bon y'a toujours Tucker et Evans c'est déjà bien, mais le reste je sais pas... Moi franchement Doogie White je le trouvai pas mal, on se répète ça n'a plus rien à voir avec le Tank des 80's on est bien d'accord mais musicalement j'y trouvais mon compte.
Là je sais vraiment pas ce que ça peut donner, on verra bien !!
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Avec Tucker et Evans, ça donnait "this means war" et "honour and blood", c'est du tout bon. Mais avec Doogie White, c'était pas terrible. :hum:
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Kiss of Death »

moi je suis confiant ! j'ai hâte d'écouter l'album !
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Une petite photo du nouveau line up !!

de gauche à droite

Bobby Schottkowski (ex-Onkel Tom Angelripper, ex-Sodom) : Batterie
Chris Tucker : Guitare
ZP Theart (I Am I, ex-DragonForce) : Chant
Cliff Evans : Guitare
Barend Courbois (Blind Guardian, Vengeance) : Basse
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Je me souviens de ce batteur ! Il faisait pas semblant de cogner dans Sodom !
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

J'espére que ça ira mieux au chant que Doogie White
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

British power metal mercenaries TANK recently extended their record deal with Metal Mind Productions, the label that re-released the band's back catalogue and issued their recent albums "War Machine" (2010) and "War Nation" (2012).

TANK's new album, "Valley Of Tears", will be released in North America on June 9 via MVD.

Joining guitarists Mick Tucker and Cliff Evans on the group's's new CD are former DRAGONFORCE frontman ZP Theart, who has been a member of TANK's touring lineup for the past two years. Also featured are new recruits Bobby Schottkowski, formerly of SODOM, on drums, and current BLIND GUARDIAN member Barend Courbois on bass.

"Valley Of Tears" track listing:

01. War Dance
02. Valley
03. Of Tears
04. Eye Of A Hurricane
05. Hold On
06. Make A Little Time
07. Heading For
08. Eternity
09. Living A Fantasy
10. World On Fire
11. Hold Your Fire

The "Valley Of Tears" artwork can be seen below.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Sortie repoussée au 18 septembre :
Valley Of Tears, the new album by the British heavy metal legend Tank, has had its release date pushed back to September 18th from the previously announced June 8th. Cliff Evans, the band’s guitarist comments the situation in an official statement :

“We’ve decided, along with our label Metal Mind, to put the release date for our 10th album ‘Valley of Tears’ back until September 2015. Originally planned for release in June, we now feel that the album really deserves more time and attention during the mixing stage to get it exactly how we want it. Having ZP Theart on vocals has upped our game once again and the attention to detail in the albums production requires more time to get it exactly how we want it. ‘Valley of Tears’ will definitely be worth the wait!”

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pierre Desproges
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Bon. c'est quand que Algy Ward revient ? :mouais:
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Mordor a écrit :Bon. c'est quand que Algy Ward revient ? :mouais:
jamais je pense ! j'aime pas écouter ce genre de trailers, on en ressort que du négatif souvent alors que l'album sera peut être excellent, mais la voix du chanteur est bizarre
Kiss of Death
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Moi je le trouve excellent ce morceau, proche de ce que le groupe nous proposait sur Honor and Blood ou Tank
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un teaser de 5 minutes avec plusieurs extraits de morceaux :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le même titre, en clip vidéo :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce titre est plus hard/heavy rock que NWOBHM, ça reste classique mais ça passe bien (agréablement surpris par le chant alors que je déteste Dragonforce, et le riff à la John Sykes voire Jake E Lee est cool) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ZP Theart a quitté le groupe pour rejoindre Skid Row.

Il est remplacé par David Readman (Pink Cream 69, Adagio, etc.) :
Tank have changed singers once again. The band recruited Pink Cream 69 vocalist David Readman into their ranks to replace the recently departed ZP Theart, who is now a full time member of US hard rockers Skid Row. Readman's first live appearances with Tank will be in Hamburg (Pussy Galore) on July 7th and the Rockharz Festival in Ballenstadt, Germany on July 8th.

Cliff Evans: "We're really pleased for ZP and hope that everything works out for him. He's always been a massive fan of Skid Row so it must be so cool for him to be able to front those guys on stage and sing the songs he's grown up with. We'll miss touring and recording with ZP but we wish him all the very best for the future."

Mick Tucker: "We recorded one of our best albums with ZP (Valley Of Tears) and shared the stage for many great shows around the world during the three years that we worked together. He will be missed but as usual we thrive on a challenge and are constantly looking to up our game and push the boundaries that little bit further. We've always been an admirer of Readman's particular vocal style and range but never thought the opportunity would arise where it would be possible for us to work together."

David Readman: "It feels great to make music with a British band with a vast musical history. It's been over 20 years since I played in a British band, this is a sort of home coming for me. Mick also lives in the Netherlands, so many connections, I couldn't miss this one."
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

oui et c´est fort bien dommage parce que j´adorais la voix de ZP et j´ai une Allergie à Readman. Bon ben tant pis... :(
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Tank nouveau line-up 2.0

Message par Everflow »

Le groupe réenregistre ses classiques, avec Dani Filth et Tom Angelripper en invités.
Veteran British metallers TANK will release their new album, "Re-Ignition", on April 26 via Cleopatra Records (Rubicon Music in Japan). The LP is a tribute to the early days of TANK and features 11 classic TANK songs chosen from the first four albums which were originally released in the early '80s: "Filth Hounds Of Hades", "Power Of The Hunter", "This Means War" and "Honour And Blood". "Re-Ignition" also features two very special guest appearances. CRADLE OF FILTH frontman Dani Filth and thrash legend Tom Angelripper of SODOM both add their own unique style and energy to this already formidable album.

"Re-Ignition" track listing

01. Walking Barefoot Over Glass
02. Power Of The Hunter (feat. Tom Angelripper)
03. Just Like Something From Hell
04. (He Fell in Love With A) Stormtrooper
05. This Means War
06. Shellshock (feat. Dani Filth)
07. W.M.L.A.
08. Honour And Blood
09. Blood, Guts And Beer
10. Echoes Of A Distant Battle
11. The War Drags Ever On

The official lyric video for Shellshock, featuring a guest appearance by Dani Filth, can be seen below.

Says TANK guitarist Mick Tucker: "Many of the songs from those classic albums are still present in our live set and we are constantly being asked by our fans if we would ever consider re-recording any of them. Those original recordings are timeless and will always be there but we thought what harm can it do to give them a full metal makeover and inject new life into them. They deserve it!"

Adds TANK guitarist Cliff Evans: "We approached U.S. label Cleopatra Records to see if they would be interested in releasing the album. They jumped on it straight away and suggested the possibility of adding some special guests on the album. Maybe some artists who were influenced by TANK back in the '80s. Great idea! We recruited CRADLE OF FILTH frontman Dani Filth to record a version of 'Shellshock' in his own unique style and also German thrash legend Tom Angelripper from SODOM who has taken 'Power Of The Hunter' to another insane level."

Tucker and Evans are joined on the album are recent recruits David Readman (PINK CREAM 69) on vocals and Randy Van Der Elsen on bass. Longtime TANK member and former SODOM drummer Bobby Schottkowski occupies the drum throne.

Readman replaced former TANK vocalist and one time DRAGONFORCE frontman ZP Theart after he was approached by SKID ROW to join them on a permanent basis. ZP recorded one album during his time with TANK ("Valley Of Tears") which became the band's best-selling album since 1984's "Honour And Blood". Prior to ZP, the vocalist position was taken by former RAINBOW frontman Doogie White who is a member of MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP. His contribution to TANK includes the albums "War Machine" and "War Nation" plus the band's first-ever live DVD ("War Machine Live!").

Says Evans: "We've always aimed high when it comes to recruiting new vocalists and musicians and it's always paid off. We're very proud of the albums we've made with Doogie and ZP and now this new album showcases the amazing vocal talent of David Readman."

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Je préfère largement les versions originaux. Mais la version "Power of the hunter" est au top par Angel Ripper.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Line-up 3.0 maintenant :
After a long break from touring and recording, veteran British metallers TANK will now be advancing forward with a formidable new lineup and a return to the U.S. for the first time since 1985 with an appearance at the 2024 Hell's Heroes VI Festival in Houston, Texas on March 21-23.

Joining TANK guitar duo Mick Tucker and Cliff Evans will be bass player Gav Gray, formerly a member of U.K. rockers THE ALMIGHTY and also the NWOBHM band TYGERS OF PAN TANG.

Says Gray: "I'd been on a hiatus and started to enjoy home recording, then Mick called: 'You wanna play bass for TANK?' I couldn't say no. Algy [Ward, TANK's late frontman] was an inspiration since seeing THE DAMNED supporting MOTÖRHEAD in Newcastle. I get that TANK had evolved over the years, but this was a real rock and roll band, a band that kept the name alive playing the music I grew up on with swagger, no nonsense and I can't wait to be part of it."

There's a welcome return for drummer Mark Cross to the ranks. Mark was previously with TANK on several of their European tours and has also occupied the drum stool for bands including SCORPIONS, HELLOWEEN and FIREWIND.

Cross states: "I'm really stoked to be back in the TANK camp and be part of the new production. I'll be laying down drums for the new album this fall and hit the road in 2024. We started this venture in 2011 (12 years ago) touring Europe and it always felt to me like an unfinished chapter when I left the band. Well, our paths meet again and I'm looking forward to working with Mick, Cliff, Marcus and Gav and play classic and new TANK songs for ya!"

Adds Tucker: "When we were looking for a new frontman, we were very fortunate to come across Swedish vocalist Marcus Von Boisman who was fronting his own band, KNIGHTS OF THE REALM. He came very highly recommended by HAMMERFALL guitarist/producer Pontus Norgren who thought Marcus would be ideal for TANK. He wasn't wrong! This is the lineup we've been looking for, and everyone is 100% dedicated."

Says Von Boisman: "I was really flattered when I was asked to join this legendary band! TANK! A band that has been an influence for so many through the years! We already have a killer album in the making and writing songs together has been so much fun! I'm looking forward to the release and the upcoming shows. Let's see how loud the TANK fans can scream!"

Adds Evans: "It really feels like we've got the right guys on board now so we can get to work and head back out on the road with the confidence of knowing we have the best lineup for the job. Gav and Mark are a really solid rhythm section and frontman Marcus has the voice and attitude that perfectly suits our music. Can't wait to get on stage with these guys and make some noise!"
Répondre