Immortal se sépare d'Abbath qui continue en solo

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Et la dernière vidéo de la session live, une cover d'Immortal :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Grimaces en force :evilbang:

Et son groupe a l'air solide.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un single sortira en décembre, avec le nouveau morceau ainsi qu'une reprise de "Riding on the Wind" de Judas Priest.
After sharing a new song recently, Abbath will release a seven-inch single, Count The Dead, on December 11th via Season Of Mist. This will be the first official release of the band led by former Immortal frontman Abbath Doom Occulta. The A-side features the title track, a new song, while the B-side consists of a cover version of the Judas Priest classic "Riding On The Wind". Count The Dead will be released in two versions, which are both limited to 500 copies worldwide.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le visuel de l'album, magnifique :

Et au passage un extrait complet de l'album :

'Winter Bane'.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ça fait plaisir d'entendre la basse sur du metal extrême... très bonne production d'une manière générale, et la compo est très aboutie. :up:

D'autres images, le single et le groupe :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Les membres restants d'Immortal imputent son éviction à ses problèmes personnels (alcool notamment) :
Norwegian black metallers IMMORTAL — now consisting of lyricist/guitarist Demonaz (real name Harald Nævdal) and drummer Horgh (real name Reidar Horghagen) following last year's split with frontman Olve Eikemo (a.k.a. Abbath) — are working on material for the band's next album, to be released via the Nuclear Blast label.

Demonaz, IMMORTAL's founding member, has created the material based on his visions of Blashyrkh for nearly 25 years.

Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Northern Chaos Gods", "Called To Ice" and "Blacker Of Worlds".

Abbath last year claimed that he rightfully attempted to secure exclusive rights to the IMMORTAL name and logo after Demonaz and drummer Horgh effectively quit the legendary Norwegian black metal group.

Say Demonaz and Horgh: "The conflict was not about anyone leaving the band, as Abbath claimed. It was all about his personal problems. He had cancelled rehearsals and ruined the band's progress for a very long time. We were forced to confront him about it.

"Abbath recently told Australian website that we wanted things solely on our own timetable and that we claimed he needed rehab.

"The band had to reschedule rehearsals all the time because of him. Even then, he did not show up. He told the band, friends, and family that he needed to go to rehab again. He had got help from a clinic before. We offered to wait for him to recover this time also. Sadly he changed his decision.

"Instead of trying to solve his problems, he went behind our back and secretly applied for a trademark ownership of the bands logo and name. It was hard to believe that his problems had led him to such a point.

"When his attempt to get the rights was discovered by the band, he all of a sudden went solo. His accusations against the band in media changed from day to day. The fans started to question his version and wanted us to speak about what really happened. Unfortunately, we had to wait until the case was all closed, to make a statement.

"His trademark application was denied and the case closed by Patentstyret in November, 2015. One of the reasons was because he had only contributed as a co-writer of music in IMMORTAL. Nor did he contribute any lyrics or titles to the band's albums. The fact is that the music has always been a result from the band as a unit.

"IMMORTAL will record the new and long awaited album in 2016, which will be released by Nuclear Blast Records.

"We are well prepared and looking forward to present the new material to the fans.

"We did not want to rush things, but take the time to deliver another high quality IMMORTAL album."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/immort ... RCg79ZU.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Extrait supplémentaire, celui qui sort en single ce vendredi :

http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2015/12 ... t-the-dead

Pierre Desproges
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Je pense qu'Abbath sortira vainqueur de cette histoire, d'une part par le fait qu'il a pas perdu de temps à remonter un groupe et sortir ses compos mais aussi que cette séparation lui a redonné un peu de liberté artistique. On a aussi l'impression qu'il se prend beaucoup moins au sérieux depuis qu'il est en solo.
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

K. Foley a quitté Abbath et quittera bientôt Benighted.

Pierre Desproges
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Pourquoi? :crazy:
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

"raisons professionnelles".
Je sais pas du coup si on le reverra rapidement derrière un kit ou s'il change complètement de 'carrière'.

Pierre Desproges
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Mais il cherche pourtant bien à vivre de la musique il me semble ?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :Extrait supplémentaire, celui qui sort en single ce vendredi :

http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2015/12 ... t-the-dead
Encore un bon titre.

Par contre la reprise de Judas Priest est un peu mollassonne, avec Abbath qui la chante comme Lemmy :D

http://abbath.bandcamp.com/album/count-the-dead
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Dernier aparté sur Foley, il a annoncé qu'il n'arrêtait pas la musique. :up:
On le verra peut être dans un futur proche rebondir dans un (gros) groupe, de death par exemple ?

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Départ du guitariste live à présent :
After the split with Immortal, frontman Olve Eikemo (Abbath) formed Abbath but is already facing another line-up change. Following the recent departure of drummer Kevin Foley (Creature), now it's live guitarist Per Frank Valla who jumps ship. Both cited personal reasons to leave the band while Abbath hasn't addressed any of this so far.

Speaking exclusively with Collide, Valla has offered the following statement: "After having played as session guitarist with Abbath since May this year, I have recently decided that it is time for me to leave the band for personal reasons. I thank the guys for bringing me along on such an awesome ride, and for all the new friends I made in the process. I wish the guys the best of luck in the future."

Valla will continue to play with Vredehammer, who are due to release their new album Violator on February 5th 2016.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un autre extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Du grand Abbath dans ses œuvres : :lol:

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'adore :lol:
La grimace de fin rentre direct dans son best of.

Il a toujours ce don de paraitre à la fois hyper sérieux et au 12ème degré auto-parodique, c'est fort. Mais surtout la musique suit.
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

AH je suis fan aussi! :lol:

Sinon, d'autres avis sur son album? J'ai pas encore pris le temps de l'ecouter.

J'ai vu qu'il a fait une tournee avec High on Fire aux USA. Ca avait l'air d'être du grand n'importe quoi:

Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

vite écouté, vite rangé... album décevant pour moi... Y a pas grand chose à retenir, un ou deux titres à la rigueur, (j'aime bien Ashes of The Damned) sinon c'est du sous Immortal, un espèce de mix de ce qu'il a fait mais sans génie et l'inspiration... mais à côté de l'album solo de Demonaz ça fait pâle figure.
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Monster
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Monster »

Il est pas transcendant cet album mais je le trouve correct. Je préfère le dernier Immortal ou même l'album de I. En revanche je trouve ça franchement mieux que l'album de Demonaz qui ne m'avait vraiment pas transcendé.
Dowëri lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

AH moi c'est le contraire, j'aime beaucoup l'album solo de Demonaz, qui a le mérite d'être bien plus personnel. Là, c'est un mix d'Immortal et de son projet I, pas mal en soi mais rien d'extraordinaire. Et je trouve ça toujours mieux que le dernier album ultra-convenu d'Immortal.
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

mike-polar a écrit :J'ai vu qu'il a fait une tournee avec High on Fire aux USA. Ca avait l'air d'être du grand n'importe quoi:

en effet c'est énorme :lol:

avec des blagues que Yacine n'aurait pas reniées de la part d'Abbath : "now i'm going to take A Bath" :lol:
ou encore le "I fuckin' love this guy to deaf", etc.
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Bon, c'est toujours la guerre entre Immortal et Abbath :
Immortal a écrit :IMMORTAL has completed the writing of their ninth full length studio album.

- This will be our darkest and coldest album in a long time: pure Blashyrkh metal the way our fans know it, with massive majestic riffs, grim frostbitten vocals and tales from our mighty realm. Fast and furious tracks, epic tracks and longer playtime than any of our previous albums.

Founding IMMORTAL member, lyricist and guitarist Demonaz is now also handling the vocals.
- The massive fansupport has been very inspiring and we will not let down the fans. The last year we have completed all the new songs and look forward to record our most passionate album in a long time. The songwriting process has been awesome and we are soon ready to start the recordings.

In a time when true and origin Black Metal is nearly dead, the band is in ultimate spirit.
- After the last years incidents it was time to go back to the roots to what this band is really about musically, and also to take the integrity of the band back to where it belongs. Cold, grim uncompromising Blashyrkh metal with a true feeling is what we deliver.

From 2010 until 2014, IMMORTAL wrote all the songs for the successor to "All Shall Fall", but when ex- member Abbath left the band in 2014, he changed the lyrics, song titles and recorded these songs for his so called "solo album".
- We had to focus on making a new album nearly from scratch, which is the main reason why things have taken this much time. We are now looking forward to record the new album and present it to all those who have shown their loyalty and support.
IMMORTAL has always been a unique and unstoppable force, and that goes for our fans as well. We will never change our music or attitude.

The album title and song titles will be revealed soon.
Répondre