Lucifer (avec la chanteuse de The Oath)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Extrait du nouveau, sympatoche. Un petit côté Jethro Tull sous acide.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A la fois super kitsch et super cool! Chouette riff 60's.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

3 sur 3! Ce nouvel album m'a déjà l'air bien plus classe et riche que le précédent.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce troisième Lucifer ne renoue toujours pas avec le psyché-doom des débuts, au contraire c'est dans la lignée du second, c'est à dire rétro occult rock à tendance heavy psych fin 60's/début 70's. Le groupe était quand même plus différent de la masse avec son style initial...
Mais je le trouve bien sympa et supérieur au précédent selon moi, plus abouti avec de meilleures parties de guitare. C'est peut-être lié au fait qu'ils ont désormais 2 guitaristes, dont un vrai soliste cette fois.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils sortent un split single avec Kadavar, contenant cette reprise de DUST, une chanson de 1972.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore un single et une reprise, ils en sortent beaucoup. Un vieux groupe de soul canadien dans le cas présent.
Il s'agit là d'un duo avec la chanteuse de Blues Pills, le résultat est bien cool :

Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

J'aurais préféré une reformation "the oath"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un autre single, je crois que c'est le groupe récent avec le plus fort ratio de singles que je connaisse!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

5ème album en vue.
Single toujours très 70's.
Lucifer will release their new album, Lucifer V, on October 29 via Century Media. The band has released the new single and video, “Bring Me His Head”.

For this video, singer Johanna Sadonis had the idea to pay tribute to Brian De Palmas 1976 horror classic, Carrie. She says: "Carrie is one of my favorite movies. Being an outsider myself my entire life, I've always identified with her. We are very excited that this time we got to work with director Amir Chamdin and photographer Crille Forsberg on our videos. Their body of work is quite breathtaking, if you look it up, so it was a real honor. The video to 'Bring Me His Head' is only one part of the story but we can't give anything more away at this point."

Inspired by the expressiveness of classic albums of the 70's, the timeless provocative cover art of Lucifer's new album perfectly captures the group's defiant stance and sonic presence.

Johanna finds the following words about the creation of the album artwork: "As a kid I was fascinated by Madonna's 'Like A Prayer'. A sexually liberated and very powerful business woman dancing in front of burning crosses. But that was considered self indulgent and blasphemous to many men, and unfortunately also some women. It was the ultimate provocation of "the whore". To me figures like her and so many other women that try to express themselves freely and the backlash that follows, are symbolized by the eternal witch that gets put up on the stake and must be burnt to death. As a female in this world and in the business I've had my own share of emotional and physical abuse. It has not made me bitter but very defiant. The artwork, as well as some of the lyrical content of this album is my personal "Fuck You" to the patriarchy, to the men and their codependent women that have or have tried to belittle, gaslight, emotionally assault and spread untruths about me - the ones that tried to keep me from making music. Did I have to sign a contract to keep me silent in the past? Yes I have. But, here I am, continuing to make one album after the next with my great peers in Lucifer. Try to put me on the stake and I'll laugh in your face. You can't hold down my spirit. You can also look at the cover this way; the woman gets the rôle assigned of the ever so maternal holy Mary or the whore but not Jesus? So I decided I'm gonna get up on that damn cross myself then. Time to move over. I drew a sketch and we had it built by our cross carpenter general. Unfortunately not by Jesus, the carpenter, himself. One of my favorite photographers, Ester Segarra, masterfully captured the real life scene after my mock idea, that consisted of a wooden Jesus on a crucifix set aglow from below to symbolise the burning fire of the stake. If you see this cover as a mockery of Christianity - great - whatever tickles you! But it is so much more than that. And that is just the cover. I cannot wait to let the music speak, come album release!"

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vidéo pas chère, mais riff sinistre.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Titre plus soft.
Lucifer have returned with a monumental new offering. The band released their latest record, Lucifer IV, last November via Century Media. Today, they have unveiled a new visualizer for the song, “Orion”, from the aforementioned record.

A cosmic, stargazing affair that offers soaring vocals, punchy drum sequences, and mystifying guitar riffs - fans can check out the visualizer for “Orion” below.

Speaking on the track and the visualizer for “Orion”, Johanna comments: "We've been meaning to pick 'Orion' as a single all along for its emotional impact but opted for the harder rockers first. This heavy heartbreaker rocks no less but is a lot more melancholic and wistful. It's a song about two people colliding briefly, then drifting apart again and about the loneliness you sometimes feel within your existence. You're born alone and you will pass on alone. In the end, we are all just particles revolving around each other in the universe, each one of us a lonely star in the night sky. The idea came to me when I read in Marianne Faithfull's autobiography about her relationship to Mick Jagger and the aftermath."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau single sympa.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie le 26 janvier dans votre cimetière préféré.
Stockholm based heavy rock megalith, Lucifer, will release their new album, Lucifer V, on January 26 via Nuclear Blast Records. Consisting of nine unholy hymns, Lucifer's fifth offering can easily be regarded as their magnum opus and sees the band channeling all their strengths known from previous records into one monumental mass of electrifying heavy rock and roll.

And since All Hallows' Eve draws nigh, Lucifer have shared a thematically fitting video for new single, "At The Mortuary", a most delightful treat with several tricks up its sleeve. Witness this Sabbathian mass in glorious black-and-white which revolves around all things that really matter - love, death and dancing in graveyards. Listen here, and watch the video below.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je ne savais pas que les "radio edits" existaient encore...

Répondre