Lucifer (avec la chanteuse de The Oath)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Balin a écrit :Un projet avec Proxy Paige? :crosstopic:
Bingo avec ce très Black Sabbathesque titre :

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

:rock:

Sans surprise, Gaz Jennings a apporté sa patte pour la composition.
When the former imploded in 2014, Johanna and live drummer Andy Prestridge formed Lucifer; a few months later, joined by bassist Dino Gollnick and guitarist The Wizards (and with songwriting input from legendary Cathedral guitarist Gaz Jennings), they're preparing to release their debut 7" and already talking full length. Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, a little bit of Zep and a dash of Blue Oyster Cult—that's what this Lucifer is made of. Johanna's vocals remain a focal point, as well they should; her bluesy, full-throated wail soars high above the fuzzy proto-metal din, hinting at darker things to come. Stylistically, it's fairly close to what The Oath is doing, but is a little more staid; really, it falls squarely into that whole "occult doom rock" boom.

In short, if you dig doom, 70s rock, denim, and the Devil, you're almost definitely going to dig Lucifer.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Excellent!
(Mais putain les FDP de chie sur Rise Above j'avais oublié :mouais: )
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

J'aime bien, c'est très "true".
A quand une fusion "Lucifer/Death Penalty"?
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Un split pourrait être cool. :cheers:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Following the premature demise of The Oath, vocalist Johanna Sadonis formed Lucifer. Whilst The Oath was a much-celebrated band, she wasted no time in creating a new beast to go beyond previous limitations. That beast is Lucifer and this is their stunning debut album titled Lucifer I, which drops on June 16th via Rise Above Records.

Having released their debut single, "Anubis" earlier in 2015, there has been a significant buzz generating around Lucifer. With the addition of Garry Jennings (ex-Cathedral/Death Penalty) as co-songwriter and studio guitarist, Lucifer have moved forward into a realm of rock music which is very rare and very special in this time. "Genuine, classic, heavy, studied and passionate" are just a few words that instantly spring to mind upon first listen. Lucifer's instinctive take on the very soul of early heavy metal is the electrified essence of rock'n'roll at its nascent purest. This is Magic Rock - heartfelt and holistic.

Eschewing the now well-worn clichés of the 'occult-rock explosion' in favour of a truthful and tempestuous re-imagining of classic 70s proto-metal and turbocharged blues, the eight songs on this band's debut album crackle and fizz with burgeoning energy and the compelling conviction of music made for all the right reasons.

Although still firmly rooted in the fertile soil first cultivated by Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Blue Oyster Cult, Lucifer exists in a proudly liberated and limitless sonic realm, where the heaviest blues rock is a mere starting point for the band's skyward creative trajectory.

The track list for "Lucifer I" is:

1. Abracadbra
2. Purple Pyramid
3. Izrael
4. Sabbath
5. White Mountain
6. Morning Star
7. Total Eclipse
8. A Grave For Each One of Us

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Premier extrait à écouter :

Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

j'adoooooore :) de ttes façons là où se trouve le génial Gary Jennings je suis jamais déçu :)
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Ooo Yesss! J'adopte tout de suite. Je raffole de l'album de DEATH PENALTY, et j'attends ce LUCIFER avec impatience.
Hail to Gaz Jennings!
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

oui Steeler devant Gary on se prosterne ……. :bow: ;)
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et hop nouvel extrait :

Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

La voix est envoûtante, tout comme le morceau (bon, j'aurais aimé que cela décolle un peu plus, mais c'est ainsi).
On retrouve ce côté envoûtant ou incantatoire chez la chanteuse de Death Penalty. J'aime bien.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Disponible en intégralité :

Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

lp commandé :)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Autant je n'avais pas accroché plus que ça aux extraits de The Oath, autant là c'est onirique :amour:

L'ambiance est prenante et les lignes de chant fantastiques à la première écoute.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

Everflow a écrit :Autant je n'avais pas accroché plus que ça aux extraits de The Oath, autant là c'est onirique :amour:

L'ambiance est prenante et les lignes de chant fantastiques à la première écoute.
hahahaha toi aussi "you're in love" :D :amour:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album est bien sympa, malheureusement Gaz Jennings vient de quitter le groupe et ça s'annonce mal...

Le batteur d'Entombed a rejoint le groupe.
Doom wizards Lucifer have recently announced some line-up changes. The German based group has parted ways amicably with guitarist Gaz Jennings and drummer Andy Prestidge. Johanna Platow Sadonis has teamed up with Nicke Andersson (Imperial State Electric, The Hellacopters, Entombed) to work on the next album, Lucifer II.

Nicke, Johanna and Robin will meet up in Sweden this month to record a few first songs that will hopefully see the light of day very soon. Nicke Andersson is also joining Lucifer on drums.
Graptemiss
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Graptemiss »

Je ne connaissais pas trop ce type de voix dans ce contexte, envoûtant mais ça manque peut-être de peps...
Larry a écrit :
26 mars 2018, 15:17
Le principal problème de Luke Cage, c'est l'acteur. Il a une bonne tête, mais dès que le plan est un peu large, on le voit, bras ballants, comme un culturiste qui attend le bus, et ça c'est mauvais.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le deuxième album arrive :
Heavy metal blues rockers LUCIFER have released a new song called "Faux Pharaoh". The track will appear on the band's upcoming second album, "Lucifer II", which will arrive before next summer.

LUCIFER earlier in the year parted ways with drummer Andrew Prestige and guitarist Gary "Gaz" Jennings. The now-Stockholm-Sweden-based group has since been joined by Nicke Andersson (IMPERIAL STATE ELECTRIC, THE HELLACOPTERS, ENTOMBED) on drums, with Robin Tiderbrink handling guitar duties.

LUCIFER's debut album, "Lucifer I", was released in June 2015 via Rise Above Records.

Back in 2015, singer Johanna Sadonis, who was previously in THE OATH, told Jimmy Cabbs about LUCIFER's musical direction: "The original idea was to kind of take a bow towards the great bands of the '70s that are kind of the forefathers of heavy metal. And, I mean, all of us have been in many bands over many years and explored all the different extreme subgenres of metal. And things get more bottom-endy and heavier and heavier. But, I think, for music to be heavy, it doesn't necessarily have to be defined by the sound — being heavy. And I also think that, once you go through all these phases, and I think every heavy metal or rock fan, or whatever, can say this, you listen to all these different things and go through phases, and so on, but in the end, you always kind of, after filtering through it, realize that there's a reason why these great bands, like [BLACK] SABBATH and DEEP PURPLE and so on, they are timeless because they are just that good. And there's a reason why everything that came after is kind of based on that core, that original spirit of that music. I mean, by now I'm listening to the music my parents have listened to. I never thought that would be the case. I had a phase where I was listening to death metal and black metal for many years. But it always comes back to the classics, right?"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Century Media Records has announced the signing of heavy rockers LUCIFER. The band's second studio album, "Lucifer II", will be released on July 6.

Apart from a new label home, the follow-up to 2015's "Lucifer I" also marks the first studio release of the new LUCIFER incarnation now consisting of vocalist Johanna Sadonis, guitarist Robin Tidebrink, and multi-instrumentalist Nicke Andersson, who plays drums and also took over bass and guitar when recording "Lucifer II". The band's live lineup also features Martin Nordin (DEAD LORD) on guitar and bass player Alexander Mayr.

"Lucifer II" was recorded at the Honk Palace in Stockholm. It was mixed by Ola Ersfjord (DEAD LORD, TRIBULATION, PRIMORDIAL) at Cuervo Recording Service in Madrid.

Sadonis comments: "We are beyond thrilled to roll our heavy rock tank to the monster fortress of Century Media. What better place to kick off the new chapter! This should go together like Buck Dharma and his mustache. Here's to an unholy union!"

Jens Prüter, head of A&R at Century Media in Europe, adds: "We are very proud to support LUCIFER's next chapters. I met Johanna a couple of times and was always impressed about her strong vision for LUCIFER. The addition of Nicke Andersson makes it even more interesting, because he always contributed the highest level of rock 'n' roll to every band he has been involved in. Looking forward to see LUCIFER rising!"
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ambiance 60's :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

^ Le deuxième album est pas mal en soi mais complètement à l'opposé du premier : léger, plus rock limite garage, un côté 60's et même joyeux parfois! Sans la production similaire on dirait un groupe différent, et pour cause, le compositeur n'est plus du tout le même, une fois Gaz Jennings parti.
Du coup toute l'ambiance un peu mystico-égypto-doom du premier album a disparu, à part sur "Faux Pharaoh" qui doit être un titre non achevé du premier album. Et "Dreamer" ci-dessus commence comme "Children of the Sea" de qui vous savez c'est un peu gênant...
J'aime bien une poignée de titres, mais ça me paraît un peu plus banal (même si c'était pas non plus révolutionnaire hein) dans l'ensemble.

Bref, le 3ème arrive (avec une pochette façon Blue Öyster Cult) :

Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Je trouve la pochette sympa, perso j'aime bien ce qu'ils font, ils passent en concert à Paris en mai je crois.
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Extrait du nouveau, sympatoche. Un petit côté Jethro Tull sous acide.

Répondre