Corrosion of Conformity

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

weik
Gold Saint
Gold Saint

Message par weik »

Le groupe va prochainement sortir son nouveau skeud !
The 3 of us (Mike, Reed and Woodroe) have been writing new music non-stop here lately. We have 12 songs or so ready to record when we head out to the studio in Los Angeles in the middle of March. I'd say the tunes cover a wide spectrum of the C.O.C sound from very Fast to Doom. Our long time producer John Custer (Blind, Deliverance, Wiseblood, AVD, Arms of God) will be working with us again on the new record and Mike Dean has threatened to join in on some of the production work as well. Also a lot of touring in the very near future. In addition to the already announced European dates in April we have scheduled a handful of U.S. dates and another European tour in June and July that will be confirmed shortly. Looking forward to all. woodroe
fabrice
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par fabrice »

j'apprécierai beaucoup un truc dans le style de Blind !
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

fabrice a écrit :j'apprécierai beaucoup un truc dans le style de Blind !
Yes moi aussi, c'est mon album préféré de ce groupe ! :bang:
ImageImageImageImageImage
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Je pense que ça sera plutôt dans la même veine que Animosity ce qu'ils vont nous sortir d'après ce que j'ai enentendu.
fabrice
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par fabrice »

j'en ai bien "peur" quoique il faudrait que je le re écoute peut être :lol:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Au sujet de cet album :
In a recent interview with UGO, Dean stated about the forthcoming CD, "The title is yet to be determined.?A self-titled release crossed our minds but the album title is a game-time decision. October is a good time but if we miss that, early 2012 would be a fine time for release.? 'The Moneychangers', 'River Of Stone' and 'Rat City' are some of the [song]titles [that will appear on the CD]."

Speaking to Metal Kaoz, Dean described CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's new material as "familiar but surprising. All of the old influences are there — hardcore, three generations of heavy rock and no rules as to how to combine them and make something new and creative."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ça sortira en février.
Candlelight Records has set a February 28, 2012 North American release date for the self-titled new album from CORROSION OF CONFORMITY. Recorded at Dave Grohl's Studio 606 in Northridge, California, the CD was produced by the band in cooperation with longtime collaborator John Custer. It was mixed by John Lousteau (FOO FIGHTERS) and features artwork by Seldon Hunt (MELVINS, HIGH ON FIRE).

"Corrosion Of Conformity" will be available on standard CD, deluxe digipak, and two exclusive vinyl formats.

Featuring the esteemed "Animosity" lineup of vocalist/bassist Mike Dean, guitarist Woody Weatherman, and drummer/vocalist Reed Mullin, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's album closes a six-year recording gap and completes over a year of concentrated writing and recording for the band.

Reflecting on the past year and the album's recording process, Dean notes, "We tracked the songs at Studio 606, then headed for Europe, toured the U.S., and returned to Europe. We then did some vocals at home in North Carolina. but not where we originally planned; the studio was flattened by a system of spring tornadoes. We made our way back to 606 about seven months later and mixed twelve songs in ten days. The whole time we were out there, we were living in the onion fields of Ventura County and had to drive over the Santa Susana Pass to the San Fernando Valley every day. That was some fuel intensive time to reflect."

He added, "As a whole, the album was an inspired and efficient collaboration.

"John Custer told me he thought we were all working together as one organism; which is an apt description."

"Corrosion Of Conformity" features eleven new songs, with the deluxe digipak and vinyl formats set to include two additional tracks. Vinyl collectors will want to seek out both formats of the record; the European configuration is confirmed as a double 180-gram clear vinyl, and the American version will feature a single 180-gram black-and-white splatter vinyl with a limited seven-inch single which will include the album's bonus songs. Both versions will feature a gatefold sleeve.

Comments Dean: "We like the idea of pressing this music on vinyl because so much of our inspiration comes from music that precedes the digital era. It's also cool to have that large format for the artwork and the lyrics and the credits. It's such a tangible physical product you can hold in your hands. In Europe, the vinyl will include a CD so you can get the files into your digital realm. In the U.S., a download card is included."

"Corrosion Of Conformity" track listing:

01. Psychic Vampire
02. River Of Stone
03. Leeches
04. El Lamento De Las Cabras
05. Your Tomorrow
06. The Doom
07. The Moneychangers
08. Come Not Here
09. What We Become
10. Rat City
11. Time Of Trials
12. Canyon Man (deluxe/vinyl only)
13. The Same Way (deluxe/vinyl only)
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

2 nouveaux titres en écoute:

guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

L'album en écoute intégrale ici :

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/1
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Réédition pour la route :
Candlelight Records has set a November 6 North American release date for CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's "Eye For An Eye". This special reissue has been remastered/packaged and includes the EP "Six Songs With Mike Singing". Both titles have been out of print for years. It follows the successful release of the band's self-titled album earlier this year. A deluxe digibook edition of the album, limited to 1000 for North America, will be available at limited retailers and via Candlelight's official webstore. The digibook version includes extended liner notes and a rare pictorial gallery.

Twenty-six songs showcase the early sonic years of the North Carolina-based band. Far more punk than their later recordings, the album found an immediate fanbase. Amazon customers over the years have called the album an "undisputed classic," while noting it is "for the true skaters of the mid-to-late '80s," and "brings me back to a good time of hardcore/punk."

Comments guitarist Woody Weatherman, "We were just kids when we wrote and recorded these tunes." Vocalist/bassist Mike Dean notes, "Making that album was our dream and we worked hard to make it happen because it was the vehicle to allow us to go out and play two hundred shows a year, like the bands we looked up to — BLACK FLAG, BAD BRAINS, D.O.A."

Originally released in 1984, "Eye For An Eye" featured the original lineup of Weatherman, Dean, drummer Reed Mullin and vocalist Eric Eycke. Reissued to incorporate the 1989 EP by Mike Dean (who left the band between 1987-1992), "Eye For An Eye" is raw in sound but focused on message. The years that followed would see the band rise to worldwide popularity with breakthrough and Billboard-charting releases "Blind" and "Deliverance".

Formed in Raleigh in 1982, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY quickly transformed heavy music. Politically charged and socially aware, the band has influenced countless others and today remains humble about their accomplishments. With over 1.1 million albums sold in the United States, the band continues to find new fans via nonstop touring.

"We had a lot of fun doing it and it's great to have this album officially back out there again," says Weatherman. "I had basically written this off as being our sloppy beginner's effort but listening to it now, I really hear a few songs that hold up well," adds Dean.

"Eye For An Eye" track listing:

01. Tell Me
02. Minds Are Controlled
03. Indifferent
04. Broken Will
05. Rabid Dogs
06. L.S.
07. Rednekkk
08. Coexist
09. Excluded
10. Dark Thoughts
11. Poison Planet
12. What?
13. Negative Outlook
14. Positive Outlook
15. No Drunk
16. College Town
17. Not Safe
18. Eye For An Eye
19. Nothing's Gonna Change
20. Green Manalishi
21. Eye For An Eye*
22. Center of the World*
23. Citizen*
24. Not For Me*
25. What?*
26. Negative Outlook*
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Prochain EP :

Scion Audio/Visual, (a.k.a. Scion A/V), the in-house record label and lifestyle marketing division of the Scion marque produced by Toyota Motor Corporation for the North American market, will release the new EP from Raleigh, North Carolina legends CORROSION OF CONFORMITY. Entitled "Megalodon", the effort will feature "five heavy tracks."

In a recent interview with Revolver magazine, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist Woody Weatherman stated about the band's forthcoming EP, "It's totally done, mixed and mastered, and we just got finished with it this past week. And I think it's coming out in about three or four weeks. It's a pretty quick turnaround, which is unusual in this day and age, but they can do it, they can make it happen … We did that in our hometown of Raleigh, North Carolina, which is kind of nice, to be able to hang around in town and not have to go out somewhere, go to L.A. or New York. Sometimes it's nice to record at home. You get a little better vibe. Plus I got to use all of my own gear. So it was fun."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le nouvel album sort le 23 juin :
Candlelight Records today confirms June 23rd as the European release date for "IX," the new album from Corrosion Of Conformity (June 24th in North America). Produced by the band and long-time comrade John Custer, the album and lead single “On Your Way” will be available for preorders via ITunes, Amazon, and other outlets beginning May 13th.

“The making of IX was drawn out because of us having to step away to do other projects,” comments vocalist Mike Dean. “I think being forced to step away kept us hungry and then being back on the case with deadlines casting a shadow gave us a ‘failure is no option’ vibe and that really helped the final product.”

“This album is another step forward for us,” adds guitarist Woodroe Weatherman. “It seems like we keep heading more and more toward our rawer live sound with the studio recordings.”

The new album's track listing is as follows:

1. Brand New Sleep
2. Elphyn
3. Denmark Vesey
4. The Nectar
5. Interlude
6. On Your Way
7. Trucker
8. The Hanged Man
9. Tarquinius Superbus
10. Who You Need To Blame
11. The Nectar Revised
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

de mon côté ce chant passe vraiment pas.... :(
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le morceau 'The Nectar' en écoute :

http://candlelightrecordsusa.bandcamp.com/album/ix

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Et maintenant le titre 'Trucker', toujours avec ce chant si particulier :

Pierre Desproges
Monster
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Monster »

Ces 2 morceaux me semblent quand même vachement mieux que ceux du catastrophique EP Megalodon sorti l'année dernière.
Dowëri lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pepper Keenan devrait revenir dans le groupe en début d'année prochaine, nouvel album + tournée sont prévus par le groupe.

Pierre Desproges
fabrice
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par fabrice »

ça c'est une bonne nouvelle, en espérant que cela se concrétise :D
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

oui très bonne nouvelle. J'ai beau aimer le côté crossover du groupe mais j'ai découvert COC avec Deliverance et Wiseblood, qui sont bien plus importants pour moi à titre personnel. Ça serait le pied de les voir en live.

J'espère juste que cela ne va pas trop repousser le prochain EP de DOWN. Le dernier était excellent et j'attends la suite avec impatience. M'enfin, Phil Anselmo devrait prendre une pause, sa voix est vraiment devenu hideuse. :D
fabrice
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par fabrice »

Un album dans la veine de Blind et/ou Delivrance ce serait bon ca :amour:
Fantomas
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par Fantomas »

fabrice a écrit :Un album dans la veine de Blind et/ou Delivrance ce serait bon ca :amour:
bordel ouais là je serai preneur :oui:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

Corrosion of Conformity are reuniting with guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan for UK and European dates. Other than a few surprise appearances, this will be the first time Keenan has toured with the band since 2006. This will also be the first time the “Deliverance” lineup of the group has played together since 2001.

COC recently emerged from hibernation as a trio and released 2012’s eponymous album and 2014’s “IX” to wide acclaim, but many have been eagerly awaiting the return of Pepper Keenan.

The band were originally an influential hardcore punk/heavy metal crossover act before reaching critical success with a new lineup on 1991’s “Blind” album. That trajectory continued with wider appeal as Keenan took over as primary vocalist on “Deliverance” (1994) and “Wiseblood” (1996).

These two recordings in particular fused the raw energy of the previous albums with some great strides forward in classic rock inspired songwriting and more spacious production and execution, which were often copied but rarely equalled.

This juggernaut gained mass and momentum with relentless touring alongside Metallica, Clutch, Eyehategod and many more.

Eventually following “In the Arms of God”, 2005, Keenan focused all energy on his hometown band Down.

Until now, that is.

Recent internet chatter on the subject of a reunion turns out be true.

Asked about future plans, bassist Mike Dean said, “This is all about going out and celebrating some of the classic material, and at the same time it’s about tuning up the chemistry and the energy to possibly create a new album or two with this lineup.”
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
Répondre