Gruesome : du death metal qui sonne comme Death

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

C'est un groupe de 'vieux briscards' qui ne se cache pas de faire comme le Death de la fin des 80's/début 90's, avec notamment Matt Harvey (Exhumed), Daniel Gonzalez (Possessed) et Gus Rios (ex-Malevolent Creation).

Ils sortent un premier album chez Relapse en avril :

Artwork de Repka.

http://gruesomedeathmetal.bandcamp.com/
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

L'album est vraiment bon, à voir comme un hommage complet à l'oeuvre de Chuck.

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Clair qu'ils n'ont pas inventé la poudre. :D Efficace néanmoins.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

marrant ce revival pour le grand chuck leur reprise de slayer est mortel
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

La suite (un EP) est déjà en préparation :bang: :bang: :bang:
Gruesome, Florida's modern purveyors of old-school death metal, have entered the studio to begin working on a new EP titled Dimensions Of Horror. The band will be recording the new material at New Constellation RMP Studios with engineer Jarrett Pritchard in Orlando, FL. The album will once again feature artwork from the legendary Ed Repka (Death, Megadeth) and will see a release via Relapse in 2016.

Gruesome commented on the stated about the upcoming material: "This fall we'll be heading to Chuck's hometown of Orlando to start working on our upcoming release. For this one, we've dug even deeper into the roots of our favourite Floridians, Death, with some lewd, rude and crude death metal. It's gonna be nasty and raw and I can't wait to see what returning cover artist Ed Repka comes up for this one! This record is designed to be cranked on cassette in your I-ROC Z and totally piss off the PMRC, if those were still things that happened."

Gruesome's return to the studio follows the band's first live performances, including appearances at Full Terror Assault Fest and Obscene Extreme America. The band has also been confirmed for both Maryland Deathfest 2016 and the first-ever Netherlands Deathfest next February in Tilburg

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le voilà :
After exploding on to the death metal scene in 2015 with their "Leprosy"-inspired full-length debut "Savage Land", death metal wrecking crew GRUESOME — featuring current and former members of EXHUMED, POSSESSED, MALEVOLENT CREATION and DERKETA — returns in 2016 with a new EP titled "Dimensions Of Horror". Produced by the band and co-produced and recorded by Jarrett Pritchard at New Constellation RMP Studios in Orlando, Florida, "Dimensions Of Horror" is a gruesome salute to DEATH's iconic "Scream Bloody Gore" and once again features cover art by the legendary Ed Repka (DEATH, ATHEIST, MASSACRE). A six-song slab of grisly, bone-breaking death metal jams, "Dimensions Of Horror" continues the development of GRUESOME's homage to the founding fathers of the genre and proves that no matter the decade, old-school death metal is always relevant, always savage, and always irresistible.

"Dimensions of Horror" is due on May 20 via Relapse. Physical pre-orders via Relapse.com can be found here, and digital pre-orders via GRUESOME's Bandcamp page are available at this location.

"Dimensions Of Horror" track listing:

01. Forces Of Death
02. Raped By Darkness
03. Amputation
04. Hellbound
05. Seven Doors
06. Dimensions Of Horror

Over the past year, GRUESOME has performed at numerous festivals worldwide, including Full Terror Assault Fest, Obscene Extreme America and Netherlands Deathfest. The band has also been confirmed for Maryland Deathfest in Baltimore this coming May.

GRUESOME is:

Daniel Gonzalez - Guitar
Matt Harvey - Guitar, vocals
Robin Mazen - Bass
Gus Rios - Drums

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/grueso ... Pd4Z8MY.99

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

C est excellent l artwork de repka est genial tout me plait maintenant ils doivent passer en france :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Excellente la cover :bang:
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Leur premier concert ici était excellent en tout cas, ils sont ouvertement là pour jouer du Death sans se cacher et ils le font bien, du coup on passe au moins un aussi bon moment que durant les concerts Death To All, avec un peu le même sentiment sur place. J'ai pas boudé mon plaisir perso. :up:
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Il y a un nouveau morceau qui traine et il butte :bang: :bang: :bang:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Effectivement ! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Pierre Desproges
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Un autre morceau vient de sortir si quelqu un plus doue que moi peux repandre la bonne parole il butte toujours autant ce EP :bang: :bang: :bang:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Le voilà l'autre extrait :

Pierre Desproges
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Un clip est sorti pour le titre dimensions of horror sympa dans l esprit et surtout un morceau qui butte :bang: :bang: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

même les clips de zombies sont old school :D

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ils est en ecoute integrale ce ep :bang: :bang: :bang:
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ils viennent au motocultor je suis joie :bang: :bang: :bang:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Pour ceux qui veulent l'écouter :

http://gruesomedeathmetal.bandcamp.com/

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Encore un EP, avec comme invité spécial Sean Reinert.
Le titre posté sonne un peu moins "early Death", plus proche de Human et compagnie, mais reste toujours du Death assumé à 100%.
More music from Gruesome! The modern purveyors of old-school death metal have announced a new EP entitled Fragments Of Psyche. The EP further continues the band's homage to the legendary band Death and offers a glimpse into the next era of Gruesome. Fragments Of Psyche is due out March 31st via Relapse Records and features a two-song slab of Death Human-era worship including a brand new studio track with special guest drums from Sean Reinert (Death, Cynic) along with a "Humanized" reworking of Death's classic track "Choke On It" off of their second album Leprosy.

The CD and digital versions include 5 raw, bonus demo tracks of the band's first ever recordings.

Tracks:

01. Fragments of Psyche
02. Choke On It '91
03. Closed Casket (Demo Version)
04. Gangrene (Demo Version)
05. Gruesome (Demo Version)
06. Psychic Twin (Demo Version)
07. Savage Lands (Demo Version)

Vocalist/Guitarist Matt Harvey commented on the new EP: "We are super psyched about this EP as it features a very, very special guest: Mr. Sean Reinert who did an incredible job on the tune we wrote for him. I can't even express how humbled I am to have such an incredible musician and equally great dude as Sean playing on one of our songs. Having Sean do this with us really makes it feel like we are honoring the legacy of Death in the best way that we collectively know how. This EP is all about connecting the different eras of the Death discography and also bridging the Gruesome sound into new areas moving forward. It's only fitting that we pay homage to the Leprosy record with this 'Humanized' reimagined version that Gus and Dan did a fantastic job arranging. We are really excited to continue paying tribute to Chuck's work in all the different eras of Death as we move forward with Gruesome. We hope that you enjoy going along with us, thanks for checking out our tunes and let the Death Metal Flow."

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Les vocaux sont plus dans le style spiritual mais perso j adore hail death :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

2ème album, l'extrait sonne Spiritual Healing :
Less than four short years into their career, death metal defenders of the old Gruesome (featuring current and former members of Exhumed, Possessed, Malevolent Creation, etc.) return with their second full-length sermon, Twisted Prayers. Twisted Prayers follows Death's paradigm shift during the Spiritual Healing era, incorporating more cerebral, melodic instrumentation with elements of thrash and thought-provoking, socially conscious lyrics.

Watch a lyric video for Gruesome’s new song “A Waste Of Life” below. Stream it via digital streaming services here.

Vocalist / guitarist Matt Harvey commented on the new song: “‘A Waste Of Life’ was a great opportunity to channel Chuck and vent some frustration in a constructive way - through making some good ol’ fashioned death metal. It’s great to move forward in the Death catalog and get some new ground to cover. As much fun as we had working with the raw and nasty stuff on Savage Land and Dimensions Of Horror, it’s great to challenge ourselves musically and thematically just like Chuck, James, Terry and Bill did on Spiritual Healing. Hopefully we do those guys justice and everyone has as much fun listening to the track as we did creating it.”

Additionally, Gruesome will release a cover of Mantas’ “Legion Of Doom” as part of Decibel Magazine’s Flexi Series in the forthcoming June issue. An accompanying Flexi Disc featuring companion artwork and a cover of Possessed's “The Exorcist” will be available with the deluxe LP edition of the album at Relapse.com.

Gruesome’s second studio album Twisted Prayers is due out June 1st on CD/LP/DLX LP/CS/Digital via Relapse Records. Physical packages are available via Relapse.com here and Digital Downloads / Streaming Services here.

Recorded with producer Jarrett Pritchard (Exhumed, 1349, Goatwhore) at New Constellation Studios in Orlando, FL, Twisted Prayers features Gruesome doing what they do best across eight songs and 40+ minutes of unholy hymns with lurid melodies and vulgar atmospheres. The band has once again teamed up with the legendary Ed Repka (Death, Atheist, Massacre) for the album’s blasphemous cover art in addition to legendary Death guitarist James Murphy (Death, Obituary, Testament) for a pair of special guest guitar solos. Bow your heads and worship at the altar of Gruesome.

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Moi qui suis en adoration devant spiritual je crie au génie(je suis pas lucide)Ils ont mange Chuck digéré Chuck et joue du Maitre Schuldiner en plus le talentueux James Murphy est de la partie :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un camp de vacances futuriste à Tampa.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Cette fois c'est d'actualité.