Pentagram (us) - Curious Volume

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Il est dispo en intégralité ici.

Ils ont joué 3 nouveaux titres au Motoc' il me semble, ils passent assez bien au final. :rock:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Monster
Dark Avenger
Dark Avenger

Message par Monster »

Les titres sont dans le désordre et commencer par le dernier c'est pas génial :grr:
Dowëri lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi dowï lëhndi
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

heavydevy02
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par heavydevy02 »

Que 3 écoutes au compteur mais ça s'annonce bien cet album ! :rock: Liebling est très convaincant en fait, j'ai eu une fausse impression en entendant les titres dispos il y a quelques temps, il est en forme le gaillard et ça fait plaisir à entendre ! Griffin riffe du tonnerre et quelques titres ont ce groove unique, magique propre au groupe :oui: Je sais pas ce que pensent les autres amateurs du groupe mais je suis bien emballé là.
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

heavydevy02 a écrit :Que 3 écoutes au compteur mais ça s'annonce bien cet album ! :rock: Liebling est très convaincant en fait, j'ai eu une fausse impression en entendant les titres dispos il y a quelques temps, il est en forme le gaillard et ça fait plaisir à entendre ! Griffin riffe du tonnerre et quelques titres ont ce groove unique, magique propre au groupe :oui: Je sais pas ce que pensent les autres amateurs du groupe mais je suis bien emballé là.
Aucun problème avec cet album. Une très bonne production et différente des autres, les morceaux sont bons. Certains riffs me rappelle "Place of Skulls", cela n'est pas étonnant. Surpris, une très bonne surprise en fait cet album.
heavydevy02
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

On est au moins deux :cheers: Mais je suis sûr que d'autres ici apprécieront l'album.
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le batteur qui jouait sur "Day of Reckoning" est décédé :
Pentagram has posted the following sad news on their official Facebook page:

"We're saddened to learn of the passing of Stuart Rose, drummer for Pentagram in the mid ‘80s. Stuart came on board in the midst of the name change from Death Row to Pentagram in 1984. His one full-length release with the band was the 1987 album Day of Reckoning, which would eventually become monumental in regards to the history and evolution of doom metal. Stuart was really happy to have both audio and visual of his playing finally surface properly on the Pentagram DVD collection, All Your Sins, in 2015. Among the cherished footage is his '84 performance with the band at the historic CBGBs in NYC. Stuart was a talented drummer, a clever and funny guy, and he will be missed. We offer our utmost condolences and prayers to his family during this time. Godspeed."
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

l'édition vinyl de 1987 d'époque de chez Napalm Records. Les versions cds et rééditions vinyls sont rejouées par joe hasselvander.
heavydevy02
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Ok, c'est donc normal que je ne connaissais pas Stuart Rose vu que j'ai la version CD de 2005...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Premier clip de l'histoire du groupe :

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Le groupe est parti en tournee US sans Bobby Liebling, qui semble avoir repris ses mauvaises habitudes :/ Victor Griffin assure le chant
Due to circumstances that are beyond anyone’s control, that are a direct result of Bobby Liebling’s personal actions, he is unfortunately unable to appear alongside Pentagram for the spring string of East Coast concerts. The 4 dates affected are April 20th - Baltimore, MD, April 21st Richmond, VA, April 22nd New York City and April 23rd, Cambridge, MA.
Pentagram will be fulfilling these dates and our obligation to the fans and many people who’ve put time and money into setting up these gigs. We ask that you come out to celebrate this band’s legacy and music with us. The FULL LIVE SET performed will consist of classics and fan favorites. Our legendary and iconic guitar player and songwriter, Victor Griffin, will be performing the live vocals. The band will be available before and after the show for meet and greets, photos and questions. We look forward to seeing you at the shows!
Addiction recovery is a daily struggle. If you or your loved ones are affected, Pentagram and Phoenix House strongly encourages you to reach out for help. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment with a legacy spanning 50 years. There are facilities in every state of this tour as well as across the country. One can reach out to them at: 1-888-671-9392 or via their website: www.PhoenixHouse.org
Sincerely,
Victor Griffin, Greg Turley, Pete Campbell

Griffin s'en sort tres bien mais bon sans Bobby ça fait bizarre
Mordor
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Mordor »

Ce n'est plus le groupe "Pentagram" mais plutôt "Place Of Skulls"
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Bon, je reitere le message d'Oliver64 sur le topic Hellfest, mais le groupe a communique que la tournee europeene se fera sans Bobby Liebling, en taule pour avoir agresse une personne agee (qui est presume être sa mere) :/

Le communique du groupe:
PENTAGRAM PRESS RELEASE: 5/10/17

As was the case for the recently completed US shows, vocalist Bobby Liebling will not appear with Pentagram for previously booked European dates this summer.

To elaborate, Bobby called on April 17 saying he had been admitted to the hospital. He called again on April 19, this time after being transferred to a Maryland detention facility. He's now awaiting a preliminary hearing at which time it will be determined if a follow-up on any alleged charges are necessary. An update will be published when information is available. The band will be fulfilling all currently booked appearances with 36-year mainstay guitarist Victor Griffin performing all vocals.

A PERSONAL NOTE FROM THE BAND
The outpouring of support on our recent US dates was outstanding! Your energy was matched ten-fold and encouraged us to carry on and deliver what many have called, even by skeptics, some of the best Pentagram performances they've seen. Thank you!
We have the best fans in the world and if not for you, the legacy of this band would have died long ago. We won't let you down now. The music lives on and as we move forward, we reiterate the lyrics of "Curious Volume":
“In this venture death waits in the shadows, but in survival the volume won't die!”

Sincerely,
Victor, Greg, & Pete
Pour l'instant, il ne s'agit que des dates déjà programmes avant que Bobby ne parte en vrille donc j'imagine que c'est surtout une question de contrat/finances. Par contre le groupe a poste une photo du trio actuel avec un commentaire qui laisse sous-entendre que le groupe pourrait continuer a l'avenir sans lui:
Keep on truckin'...2017 and beyond!

Ceci pose donc la question sur la legitimite d'utiliser le nom Pentagram sans Liebling comme l'avait indique Mordor plus haut. Bref, ca m'attriste pas mal tout ca, mais bon avec l'âge de Bobby et tous les problemes qu'il a eu au fil des annees, c'etait déjà sur qu'il ne pouvait pas continuer indefiniment. :(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il vivait chez ses parents il y a peu, je ne sais pas si c'est encore le cas, mais si en plus désormais il les cogne je ne sais pas où il va pouvoir vivre... à part derrière des barreaux.
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

Le t-shirt Wild Child est à-propos...
Prochains concerts:
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Electric Citizen aussi. :mad: Encore que ça ça dépend dans quel état ça s'est passé. :D
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Bobby Liebling a été condamné à 18 mois de prison pour avoir maltraité sa mère de 87 ans.
Le groupe continue donc sans lui, et je n'ai pas l'impression qu'ils soient pressés de le revoir...
Bobby Liebling, the frontman and founding member of American doom metal pioneers Pentagram, has been sentenced by a court in Maryland to spend 18 months in prison for abuse and neglect of a vulnerable adult. After completing that sentence, he will be placed on supervised probation for three years. He was arrested in May for his actions and also charged with first degree assault, to which he pleaded not guilty, though he did plead guilty to the charge of abuse/neglect of a vulnerable adult, which is believed to be his 87 year old mother. This past spring, the doom metal legends had to perform dates without their frontman.

The court documents were unearthed by MetalSucks.

A recent statement from Pentagram bassist Greg Turley about the matter: "2015/2016 were the busiest years ever for Pentagram. New album and a full tour cycle kept us busier than ever and taking us to places we've never been and playing bigger shows than I ever imagined. November 2016, Gothenburg, Sweden I knew something was ending, I just didn't know what... Dealing with Bobby and his reoccurring demons was bringing us all down. Same story from the past, I know. Honestly, I thought Bobby would end up dying before we played another show. Turns out, he didn't die, just went off the rails and ended up assaulting his mom. Pretty much the worse thing someone could do in my opinion. He assaults the one and only person that has always taken up for him? Wow! Just horrible.

"He's now serving time in prison. Looks like he'll be there for the next 18 months. That's a lot of time to reflect on bad decisions and bad habits. The last six months have been quite a ride, continuing on without Bobby was an easy decision. Fans, investments and commitments all needed to be satisfied so we marched on. The positive support we received, especially from those who have attended the live shows has been truly amazing. Sucks to be put in this situation but we've made the best of it and exceeded even our own expectations.

"Don't know exactly what the future holds but the music of Pentagram is much larger than the individuals. Just look at the list of people that have been involved! Not only have I had the opportunity to be a part, I'm also one of the biggest fans. I mean, I truly never get burned out on these songs, from Forever My Queen to The Ghoul to City Romance to the last note on Curious Volume. I love them all…

"The 'Bobby IS Pentagram' argument baffles me. There is and has always been a great team behind him pushing forward. Sorry to disappoint everyone who thinks Bobby steers the ship... I've been fortunate to be the constant for the last 8 years and involved since 1993. There still is an inner drive to move forward and bring the music to whoever will listen. I would love to have Bobby at the front of the stage more than you know, but by his own actions/mistakes, he's removed himself. I've been to see him and keep in regular contact with him and he seems to understand that he 'messed up'. Now, he's got some time to work out his demons and try to make things right. What's next for us? I look to keep moving forward…Thanks for reading and thanks for your support."
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Je vois pas ça durer, il mérite clairement sa merde et même si c'est honorable pour les autres, pour moi le succès de la première tournée sans lui était temporaire et surtout dû au fait que les gens avaient déjà les tickets. On a beau lire du soutien partout, avec la voix super générique de Griffin c'est clairement bien moins intéressant, et je parle pas du jeu de scène en moins.
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

il est ressorti
Doom metal patriarchs PENTAGRAM will take the stage in 10 American cities this March.

Remorseful and rehabilitated, legendary PENTAGRAM frontman and co-founder Bobby Liebling returns for a string of live performances. Greg Turley, longtime bass player and "Ram Family" member by blood, will appear alongside Liebling, drummer "Minnesota Pete" Campbell and the reemergence of Philadelphia's electric axeman Matthew Goldsborough (PENTAGRAM, ex-THE SKULL).

Experience a high-volume delivery of PENTAGRAM's revered hard rock and doom metal classics that cover their near half-century career. This relentless setlist is sure to shine a blue light on Liebling's pioneering "First Daze" favorites.

Handpicked support acts BROTHER DEGE, a NOLA soul who's been called the "haunted enigma of 21st century delta blues," and Memphis's hard-rolling, blues-rocked power trio DIRTY STREETS complete this exceptional bill.
Texte complet et dates américaines ici: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bobby- ... kQMspX4T6A
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Répondre