Iced Earth - Incorruptible

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

On avait pas de nouvelles depuis un moment, et voilà qu'ils parlent déjà d'un nouvel album (même si pour le moment c'est assez loin).
Iced Earth is set to begin the writing process of their 12th studio album in spring 2015. After a short hiatus, (primarily due to founder, chief songwriter, and guitarist Jon Schaffer’s 2nd cervical fusion surgery), the band is planning their schedule for the remainder of the year. Iced Earth fans can expect the next album, tentatively entitled "The Judas Goat", and the subsequent touring cycle to begin in early 2016.
Schaffer comments on his recovery and the direction of the new album, “The recovery after this surgery has been more difficult than the first time around in 2000. Although there have been a few setbacks, I am confident that I’m ready to resume my duties in Iced Earth, directing my full attention to the creative process, production, and touring future of the band.” Schaffer continues, “We are looking forward to songwriting and getting back in the studio. The creative direction of the new album is rife with intense and heavy emotions, as one would expect from an Iced Earth record, as well as a wide variety of lyrical inspirations and themes.” “I am 100% confident that the bond our band has forged in these last several years will shine through in the music. It’s a brotherhood in every way, and the fans will feel that. I couldn’t be more proud of these guys and everything we’ve achieved together.”
Long time drummer Brent Smedley will be returning to the band for the recording and touring of the next album cycle. Smedley had to step down due to personal family reasons in 2013 shortly before the recording of Plagues of Babylon. “We are very pleased to have Brent joining us once again; he’s always been a brother and an important part of the Iced Earth legacy,” says Schaffer.
Iced Earth is sure to please fans from all eras of the band’s illustrious history with this next offering of unadulterated heavy metal.
Je m'attendais plus à une tournée cette année (suite à l'annulation de 2014) mais bon visiblement Schaffer ne s'est pas remis si facilement. :/
ça va faire long une année de plus sans Iced Earth! :,( :D
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Vivement 2016 alors ! :bang: :bang:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Holy Cross
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Holy Cross »

en esperant un retour sur du Dystopia!!! Pour vite oublier la grosse bouse of Bablyon :D
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Il est bien Plagues of Babylon !
Je ne l'aime pas entièrement mais j'y trouve mon compte. :bang: :bang:

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Gandalf
Zorro of False Metal
Zorro of False Metal

Message par Gandalf »

Holy Cross a écrit :en esperant un retour sur du Dystopia!!! Pour vite oublier la grosse bouse of Bablyon :D
J'aurai dit un retour à "Something wicked..." :D
GANDALF :gandalf:
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost
It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over"
Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Mr. Sandman a écrit :Il est bien Plagues of Babylon !
Je ne l'aime pas entièrement mais j'y trouve mon compte. :bang: :bang:
Je l'avais pas beaucoup écouté, je viens de le ressortir.
C'est vrai qu'il est moins bien que Dystopia, comme Horror Show était moins bien que something wicked.
Mais avec le recul c'est un bon album. En tout cas encore mille fois largement au dessus au dessus des deux derniers en date avec Ripper et Barlow.
Je le mets au même niveau qu'horror show.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Idem, certes moins bien que Destopia, mais Plagues of Babylon reste un bon album à mon goût, très varié en tout cas. Après beaucoup moins rentre dedans c'est clair, mais pas moins intéressant.

Je pense qu'ils ont juste frappé trop fort avec Dystopia, un peu comme Accept avec Blood of the Nations en fait!
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

A noter aussi le retour du batteur qui officiait sur Alive in Athens (et sur pas mal d'albums récents du groupe), Brent Smedley.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

En attendant l'album, des ré-éditions vinyle arrivent :
Great news for all vinyl collectors: On July 17th we're re-releasing the first four studio albums of Iced Earth on vinyl!
All four albums will come in gatefold sleeves featuring the original LP artwork. Layouts have been kept close to the layouts of the original vinyl versions as well. Each LP includes a 60x60 artwork poster and 180 g vinyl. The LP sound has been kept in its original form, with a special vinyl mastering of Patrick Engel.

While “The Dark Saga” has already seen one vinyl re-issue in 2010 (which is a rare edition by now), the first three ICED EARTH albums have never seen an LP re-issue since their initial release. As prices have reached ridiculous heights lately, it’s time to offer you these outstanding and influential albums for a regular price.

The albums “Days Of Purgatory”, “Something Wicked This Way Comes” and “Horror Show” will follow in the first quarter of 2016.

Pre-order your copy at CM Distro: http://smarturl.it/icedearthreissues

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Sacre chanteur quelle voix quelle peche :bang: :bang: :bang:
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Départ du guitariste Troy Seele dommage très bon soliste
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un départ en bons termes :
Guitarist Troy Seele has announced his departure from Iced Earth due to family responsibilities. Troy Seele's last gig with the band will be Knotfest in Mexico City, October 16th, 2016. For those guitarists who think they've got what it takes to be in the studio and on stage with Iced Earth, send your audition video and contact info to the following link. The band is working on a new album at the moment but Seele will focus on his family.

Troy Seele offered as he departs: "After close to ten years as a guitarist in Iced Earth, the time has come for me to step away. Some of you know, but many do not, that I have a child with Autism. In the past I had a great support system that has allowed me to pursue a career in music. That is no longer the case and it has forced me to make a difficult decision. I've always believed that family comes first, and now it is time for me to focus on that. The demanding life style of being in a professional heavy metal band is no longer an option for me. Knowing the band is focused on a new album and touring cycle, and given my circumstances, this is the best time for me to step down. Playing in Iced Earth has been a great experience. It's taken me around the world many times and given me the chance to meet many of my heroes, as well as play in front of crowds larger than I ever dreamed of. I personally want to thank Jon and the guys for the music and the amazing times through the years. Thank you to the fans for understanding and for your support."

Iced Earth singer Stu Block remarks on Seele's departure: "It's very sad that Troy is leaving. He will be missed and will always be considered family to us. I wish him the best of luck in everything he does."

Jon Schaffer, Iced Earth founder, states: "Troy was a good friend before he became a part of the team, and always will be. I understand and respect his decision. We shared some of the most amazing times of our lives together. We laughed hard, and we laughed often. Be well brother. We all wish you the very best."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le nouveau soliste est annoncé : Jake Dreyer (WITHERFALL, WHITE WIZZARD, KOBRA AND THE LOTUS)
ICED EARTH has announced the addition of guitarist Jake Dreyer (WITHERFALL, WHITE WIZZARD, KOBRA AND THE LOTUS) to the group's ranks. He joins the band as the replacement for Troy Seele, who announced his departure from ICED EARTH in August due to family responsibilities.

ICED EARTH guitarist/founder Jon Schaffer said in a statement: "We're excited for Jake to be a part of the team as he has the talent, drive, and the personality we were looking for.

"Jake joined Stu [Block, vocals] and I last week to do some tracking at Independence Hall and he hammered out some ripping guitar solos on several songs from the new album.

"Jake will play on the upcoming ICED EARTH studio album and will perform his first live show with us in November at Hammerfest in Germany.

"I want to personally thank all of the guitarists who auditioned for the position. It was an overwhelming response, and there are many very talented guys out there. So again, thank you for your passion and interest.

"We are progressing at an excellent rate on the new record and I can say with all sincerity that this will be one of the most significant albums in the ICED EARTH catalog. We are pumped. It's the next level."

Jake began taking lessons at the tender age of eight years old and formed his first band, STEALTH, at the age of 11. By the time he was 13, he had professionally recorded his first album and opened up for Lou Gramm of FOREIGNER and John Waite of THE BABYS.

Dreyer cites his main influences as Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman, Yngwie J. Malmsteen and Jeff Loomis.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-e ... wGBhTph.99
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

L'album a changé de nom :
ICED EARTH has completed work on its new album, "Incorruptible" (formerly "The Judas Goat"), for a mid-June release.

The track listing for the effort is as follows:

01. Great Heathen Army
02. Black Flag
03. Raven Wing
04. The Veil
05. Seven Headed Whore
06. The Relic (Part 1)
07. Ghost Dance (Awaken The Ancestors)
08. Brothers
09. Defiance
10. Clear The Way (December 13th, 1862)

Regarding how "Incorruptible" compares to previous ICED EARTH albums, guitarist and main songwriter Jon Schaffer told Metal Wani: "They're all kind of their own thing, but I have a very strong gut feeling about this, and so does everybody in the band, that this is one of the really special ones. So I put it up there with 'The Dark Saga' [1996], 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' [1998], 'Dystopia' [2011] — it's in that league of records — so it's really gonna be something special, man. I know musicians always say that, but there is something going on here, so it's cool. We're all very excited about it."

On the topic of the concept for the lyrics on "Incorruptible", Schaffer said: "There is no concept on this record; it's just ten individual tracks not related to each other. Actually, on 'Plagues Of Babylon' [2014], it was only the first six that were related to the 'Something Wicked' story; it was like a zombie apocalypse within the 'Something Wicked' framework. But this album, it's just ten individual songs. We have one called 'Clear The Way', which is about the Irish Brigade at the Battle Of Fredericksburg — very tragic, actually — but that's a big epic, like ten minutes; and then we have one called 'Black Flag', which is a pirate song. It's quite a… I think I pulled it off pretty well with the lyrics, to be able to tell such a big story in a very short amount of time. I think it's gonna be a highlight of the record. And then on [the last European] tour, [we opened] the show with a new song that will be the opener on the album — it's called 'Great Heathen Army' — that's got a Viking kind of a vibe to it. So there's a lot of different things, and none of it's really related. There's one called 'Raven Wing'… I can't really think of all of them righ now… 'Seven Headed Whore' — that's one that's actually pretty brutal; it's like a total kick in the balls. But, you know, there's a lot of varied emotions on this, and it's cool stuff, man."

Asked about singer Stu Block's contribution to "Incorruptible", Schaffer said: "Well, he came at the end of… for about the last month or so of pre-production… maybe a little bit more… five weeks… and we worked on his vocal parts. We do it like Stu and I normally do it. Some of the stuff we write together. I mean, I write the musical arrangements and do all that — he doesn't play any instruments — but he comes in… At the end of the writing process is when we focus on his parts. And the lyrics that we worked on together, on a song called 'Brother', which is about our brotherhood, [between] Stu and I and within the band… We've gone through a lot of shit together and we've had a lot of great times together, but the bond is very strong, and that's clear. So it's just a song, really, for us. And then he wrote the lyrics for 'The Great Heathen Army'. I'm trying to think… I can't think of 'em, man; I have to look at the list [of songs]. But usually, he goes to an area and works, and I go in my area and work. And, like I said, on some songs we collaborate sometimes. On this one, the only we did was 'Brother'… We work in the way we always work. And it's a very cool chemistry."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-e ... G8XPeK5.99
Stéphane
Rodger pour les intimes !
Rodger pour les intimes !

Message par Stéphane »

"At the gates of hell" --> https://bit.ly/3o1GrtF
"World on fire" --> https://youtu.be/coRbsXy4dVU
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Ca c est du pur evil metal :bang: :bang: :bang:
Polochon
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Polochon »

+ avec un clone d'Eddie (ou sinon c'est bien imité) qui pose en Iron Maiden... c'est beau !
Denis
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Denis »

C'est Set Abominae, la mascotte d'Iced Earth depuis SWTWC ;)
Prochains concerts:
Achille
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Achille »

Denis a écrit :C'est Set Abominae, la mascotte d'Iced Earth depuis SWTWC ;)
Oui! Pas de blasphème attention :fessee:

Jolie pochette en tout cas.
☞ ⁍ Bullet Club 4 Life ⁌ ☠
☞ ⁍ バレットクラブ ⁌ ☠
Seventh
Stormrider
Stormrider

Message par Seventh »

Les 2 nouveaux clips

metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Le 1er morceau me fais penser a du south of heaven version rapide j aime bien le 2eme une power ballade j accroche pas trop.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Ils ont mis en ligne le titre 'Great Heathen Army' joué lors de la dernière tournée européenne :

Pierre Desproges
SophiePetoncule
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par SophiePetoncule »

Pas trop fan par contre le moment ou ça monte dans les aigus c'est bonnard...
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Personne ne l'a écouté ?

Je le trouve vraiment bien. Peut-être leur meilleur depuis The Glourious Burden. :)
Répondre