Venomous Concept (membres de Napalm Death, Brutal Truth)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un projet "all stars" qui va faire dans la finesse.
VENOMOUS CONCEPT — the international grind punk "supergroup" featuring BRUTAL TRUTH vocalist Kevin Sharp and bassist Danny Lilker alongside NAPALM DEATH members Shane Embury (bass) and Danny Herrera (drums), plus guitarist John Cooke, has inked a deal with Season Of Mist.

Regarding the signing, VENOMOUS CONCEPT comments: "It's been a long time coming, distractions happen, chaos happens… life happens… But hey, still here — still killing it… still grinding... couldn’t be more happy to be with Michael and Gordon and the Season Of Mist people… Couldn't think of anyone better suited to get our friends and family the attitude adjustment they needed… So I hope you guys check it out… throw a few pints down and smash… We sure did. Be sure to bring your drinking money to the show… Ook!!! likes to drink…"

VENOMOUS CONCEPT was conceived as something like a grind punk supergroup — if that term can even be applied to a bunch of people with clear counter culture preferences. The name was quite obviously chosen as a homage to the legendary POISON IDEA.

At the core of VENOMOUS CONCEPT, you will find BRUTAL TRUTH vocalist Kevin Sharp and Shane Embury, the iconic bass guitarist of NAPALM DEATH. The two musicians had bonded over beer and pizza as well as their mutual love of such punk heroes such as BLACK FLAG, SYSTEMATIC DEATH, GBH, SIEGE, and, of course, the aforementioned POISON IDEA. The duo soon set about plotting their own assault on the style. Armed with bucket loads of coffee, the pair roped in Danny Herrera of NAPALM DEATH on drums as well as MELVINS guitarist Buzz Osborne. A record deal was signed with Mike Patton and VENOMOUS CONCEPT's first album, "Retroactive Abortion" (2004), was followed by a a split CD with Japanese grind band 324 (2006) and another in 2008 with BLÖOD DÜSTER.

Osborne eventually went on a hiatus, but he has never left and there is always a chance for his return — schedules permitting. Shane switched to guitar, when longtime friend Danny Lilker joined on bass. Next, VENOMOUS CONCEPT brought in John Cooke of CORRUPT MORAL ALTAR on second guitar for touring. A second full-length titled "Poisoned Apple" was also released in 2008.

Finally and after too long of a quiet spell, the band decided that it was time for more pizza and beer (cue the A.O.D. classic). They got together with a bunch of ideas, which they had recorded in demo form here and there, on tour, and in various smelly rehearsal studios…

VENOMOUS CONCEPT recorded a new album during 2014, which sees the band continue in their trademark hardcore punk styles — with the added bonus of compositions by Lilker and Cooke. You will find these fire-starters branching out dynamically in order to perfect their art of grinding rock!

VENOMOUS CONCEPT is:

Kevin Sharp: vocals
Dan Lilker: bass guitar
Danny Herrera: drums
John Cooke: guitar, backing vocals
Shane Embury: guitar, backing vocals

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/venomo ... m07USJV.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Mais comment ces gars trouvent du temps à consacrer à un autre projet ? :mad:
Et encore, Brutal Truth a arrêté. :D
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

VENOMOUS CONCEPT — the international grind punk "supergroup" featuring BRUTAL TRUTH vocalist Kevin Sharp and bassist Danny Lilker alongside NAPALM DEATH members Shane Embury (bass) and Danny Herrera (drums), plus guitarist John Cooke, will release its third full-length album, "Kick Me Silly - VC III", on January 8, 2016 via Season Of Mist.

"Kick Me Silly - VC III" track listing:

01. Rise
02. Bust With You Debt
03. Anthem
04. The Potters Ground
05. Human Waste
06. Leper Dog
07. Farm Boy
08. Head On A Stick
09. Pretend
10. Johnny Cheeseburger
11. Forever War
12. Good Times
13. Pretty On The Inside
14. Holiday In Switzerland
15. Fucked In The Czech Repub
16. Neck Tie
17. Frontal Lobe Disorder
18. Daycare
19. Quazimodo
20. Burning Fatigue
21. Rocket Science
22. Pissing Match (bonus track)

The track "Anthem" can be streamed below.

VENOMOUS CONCEPT was conceived as something like a grind punk supergroup — if that term can even be applied to a bunch of people with clear counter culture preferences. The name was quite obviously chosen as a homage to the legendary POISON IDEA.

At the core of VENOMOUS CONCEPT, you will find BRUTAL TRUTH vocalist Kevin Sharp and Shane Embury, the iconic bass guitarist of NAPALM DEATH. The two musicians had bonded over beer and pizza as well as their mutual love of such punk heroes such as BLACK FLAG, SYSTEMATIC DEATH, GBH, SIEGE, and, of course, the aforementioned POISON IDEA. The duo soon set about plotting their own assault on the style. Armed with bucket loads of coffee, the pair roped in Danny Herrera of NAPALM DEATH on drums as well as MELVINS guitarist Buzz Osborne. A record deal was signed with Mike Patton and VENOMOUS CONCEPT's first album, "Retroactive Abortion" (2004), was followed by a a split CD with Japanese grind band 324 (2006) and another in 2008 with BLÖOD DÜSTER.

Osborne eventually went on a hiatus, but he has never left and there is always a chance for his return — schedules permitting. Shane switched to guitar, when longtime friend Danny Lilker joined on bass. Next, VENOMOUS CONCEPT brought in John Cooke of CORRUPT MORAL ALTAR on second guitar for touring. A second full-length titled "Poisoned Apple" was also released in 2008.

Finally and after too long of a quiet spell, the band decided that it was time for more pizza and beer (cue the A.O.D. classic). They got together with a bunch of ideas, which they had recorded in demo form here and there, on tour, and in various smelly rehearsal studios…

VENOMOUS CONCEPT recorded "Kick Me Silly - VC III" during 2014, which sees the band continue in their trademark hardcore punk styles — with the added bonus of compositions by Lilker and Cooke. You will find these fire-starters branching out dynamically in order to perfect their art of grinding rock!

VENOMOUS CONCEPT is:

Kevin Sharp: vocals
Dan Lilker: bass guitar
Danny Herrera: drums
John Cooke: guitar, backing vocals
Shane Embury: guitar, backing vocals

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/venomo ... iIHD0uM.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Venomous Concept (membres de Napalm Death, Brutal Truth)

Message par Everflow »

Du neuf :
Grindcore/hardcore punk veterans VENOMOUS CONCEPT — featuring members of BRUTAL TRUTH and NAPALM DEATH — will release their fourth full-length album, "Politics Versus The Erection", on August 28 via Season Of Mist. The disc's third single, "Simian Flu", can be streamed below.

Track listing:

01. Simian Flu (03:20)
02. Hole In The Ground (00:53)
03. Eliminate (02:00)
04. Lemonade (03:42)

05. Colossal Failure (03:20)
06. Promise (03:24)
07. Septic Mind (03:15)
08. Dementia Degeneration (02:24)
09. Carrion (02:17)
10. Broken Teeth (02:09)
11. Shadows (02:46)
12. Mantis Toboggan (01:36)
13. Politics Versus The Erection (02:37)

If the state of today's society is reflected in music, VENOMOUS CONCEPT has returned to the stage with a fitting soundtrack. The band's fourth full-length frontal assault, "Politics Versus The Erection", manifests a no-nonsense and outspoken voice, resonating with the chaos that reigns over the world today.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

La totale :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Hardcore punk outfit Venomous Concept have announced that their fifth album, The Good Ship Lollipop, will be released on February 24. Venomous Concept are a hardcore punk supergroup featuring singer Kevin Sharp (Brutal Truth), bassist Shane Embury (Napalm Death, Brujeria), guitarist Tom Cooke (live Napalm Death, Corrupt Moral Altar) and drummer Tom Dringe (Corrupt Moral Altar).

The Good Ship Lollipop is scheduled for a February 24 release on Decibel Records in the US, the first time that the heavy metal magazine has fully handled a North American release. The announcement also comes with the debut of first song “Voices,” which is pretty much guaranteed to be a fist-pumping live staple.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Punaise le changement sur cette chanson! On ne peut pas vraiment s'y attendre avant de cliquer. Mais... c'est cool.

Répondre