Coheed And Cambria (hard rock progressif/pop, USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

heavylaw a écrit :"Year of the Black Rainbow", le nouvel opus des américains de Coheed And Cambria, sera disponible le 23 Avril prochain via Roadrunner Records !

Comme pour les quatre premiers albums, celui-ci sera un concept basé sur l'histoire "The Amory Wars" écrite par le chanteur du groupe Claudio Sanchez. Il s'agit, plus précisément, du prequel de cette tétralogie...

L'album sera disponible en deux formats, l'un classique (CD cristal) et l'autre sous forme d'édition limitée comprenant le livre de 352 pages "Year of the Black Rainbow" (écrit par Claudio Sanchez et l'auteur Peter David), un DVD présentant le Making-of de l'album, et un pass "Black Card" (permettant d'assister à des shows spéciaux du groupe, des offres promos, etc).
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par metal militia »

j'avais bien aimé "No world for tomorrow". :up:
Et l'offre faite pour les fans est intéressante, mais combien coutera t'elle aussi?
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et le clip science-fiction de "Broken" :

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =103502278
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

me suis ressorti ce disque qui m'avait déçu à sa sortie, ben au final c'est un sacré bon opus moins immédiat mais sacrément vicieux et plus riche, moins lassant que son prédécesseur. :up:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

ah ben je l'ai aimé direct dés la première écoute.
Par contre, je ne l'ai acheté qu'à la mi août, donc on verra s'il tient la longueur. Pour l'instant, ça va mais il a même pas tourné une dizaine de fois.
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

J'ai vu ce groupe au Sonisphere à Madrid, j'ai trouvé ça nul à chier, un groupe de djeun's qui veut se la jouer progressif. C'est un peu comme Eluveitie en fait; les mecs se la jouent pagan alors que c'est juste un groupe de metalcore.
ImageImageImageImageImage
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

j'adore les avis tranchés de coco! :D

Je ne leur trouve pas grand chose de prog' en fait.
Pour moi c'est rien d'autre du rock US un peu plus alambiqué que la moyenne , avec un chanteur dont j'apprécie tout particulièrement le timbre "original", des mélodies qui font mouche dés la première écoute, et des compos "faciles" mais réussies.
Le genre d'album que l'on met quand on n'a pas envie de se prendre la tête, qui fait taper du pied, et qui file la pêche. :rock:

Sinon pour Eluveitie, ils n'ont rien de metalcore. A la limite on peut dire que "Slania" et "everything remains" étaient un peu trop death melo (même si c'est un autre débat qui n'a rien à faire dans ce topic).
Mais va écouter leur album acoustique inspiré de musiques traditionnelles "Evocation I : the arcane dominion" sur deezer pour t'en rendre compte. :up:
Et sinon leur premier album "spirit" était bien inspiré pagan.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Après le bassiste et son séjour en taule, c'est le batteur qui se barre à son tour.
Drummer Chris Pennie has announced his departure from COHEED AND CAMBRIA. The decision was mutual by both parties due to creative differences.

Pennie plans to focus his time on the various musical projects in the works — acclaimed metal band RETURN TO EARTH (Metal Blade Records), which is currently writing its third album; his music production company Fight Mannequins, which just completed its first documentary score; and producing two exciting artists whose records will be released in 2012.

"I am very thankful for the years that I shared the stage with the guys and want to thank the amazing, supportive fans that I've met while on tour, but there are a lot of exciting projects on the horizon, in addition to RETURN TO EARTH and Fight Mannequins, that I feel require my absolute 100 percent commitment and attention," Chris said in a statement. "I feel that this is the right time to make that happen."
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

ça part en couille ce groupe... :(
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Gros bordel, la suite, retour de l'ancien batteur :
COHEED AND CAMBRIA has announced the return of drummer Josh Eppard. He rejoins the band following the departure of Chris Pennie, who let the group due to creative differences.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman

Message par Everflow »

Les New Yorkais, actuellement en tournée avec Maiden, annoncent leur 6ème album qui sera en 2 volumes :
New York progressive rockers COHEED AND CAMBRIA have announced details of their upcoming sixth studio album, a double concept album entitled "The Afterman", to be released in two separate full-length volumes.

The first volume, "The Afterman: Ascension", will be available on both physical and digital platforms in the U.S. on October 9 via Hundred Handed/Everything Evil, and distributed through Fontana/Ingrooves (to be available in Canada via Universal Music Canada). The second volume, "The Afterman: Descension", is due in February 2013.

"The Afterman: Ascension" track listing:

01. The Hollow
02. Key Entity Extraction I: Domino The Destitute
03. The Afterman
04. Mothers Of Men
05. Goodnight, Fair Lady
06. Key Entity Extraction II: Hollywood The Cracked
07. Key Entity Extraction III: Vic The Butcher
08. Key Entity Extraction IV: Evagria The Faithful
09. Subtraction

A deluxe version of "The Afterman" will include a hardcover coffee-table book with expansive art by Heidi Taillefer and Nathan Spoor with collaborative written work from singer/creator Claudio Sanchez and writer Peter David that will create a song by song experience.

The two records follow-up to 2010's "Year Of The Black Rainbow", and will feature new bassist Zach Cooper and returning drummer Josh Eppard, who have replaced Michael Todd and Chris Pennie, respectively.

The concept albums will continue to be set in the band's alternate universe of "Heaven's Fence", which are part of their series titled "The Amory Wars". "The Amory Wars" is currently being developed by Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson of Leverage Productions for a live-action feature film. It follows the story of a superhuman dictator named Wilhelm Ryan, and a family that may have the ability to free the world from his control.

"The Afterman" albums will focus on a character named Sirius Amory, a scientist who discovers an energy force that can connect the universe's 78 planets together.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA frontman Claudio Sanchez said of the album: "This is, without a doubt, the most honest record I've ever written. Though all the songs can be interpreted through our main character in the story, they were initially written in a very spontaneous manner. In the past, I've always had a predetermined idea of what the story was going to be when I approached the songs. With 'The Afterman' being a new story within 'The Amory Wars' arc, I allowed the events of my life to drive the concept, and therefore opened up the songwriting to a fuller degree."

Dave Smallwood
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Dave Smallwood »

je ne connaissais pas, ça à l'air bien sympa...pis y a des moyens, les clips sont sympas :bang:
Les fonctionnaires, c'est comme les livres dans une bibliothèque.
Plus c'est haut placé, moins ça sert !
metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Good news! j'attends cet album avec impatience. :bang:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

metal militia
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

un UP pour Theli! ;)
Theli
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Theli »

Merci Romain :)

J'étais passé au travers de ce groupe de folie !
Le dernier passe en boucle à la maison (pour le plus grand bonheur de ma tendre et douce du reste :D )
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Coheed and Cambria - The Color Before The Sun

Message par Everflow »

Je viens d'écouter le nouveau titre et je les verrais bien faire une tournée avec The Darkness. :)
COHEED AND CAMBRIA will release its new album, "The Color Before The Sun", on October 9 via 300 Entertainment. The band is giving fans an early listen, streaming the song and lyrics for "You Got Spirit, Kid" below, with the digital download of the single available globally on July 10.

"The Color Before The Sun" is the outfit's eighth studio album and their first non-conceptual release, with the previous offerings forming the larger story of "The Amory Wars", a science-fiction saga depicting the story of COHEED AND CAMBRIA Kilgannon. "The Color Before The Sun" was recorded at St. Charles Studio in Nashville, and produced by Jay Joyce (CAGE THE ELEPHANT, ERIC CHURCH, HALESTORM).

"The Color Before The Sun" marks the first time Claudio Sanchez is exposing his raw feelings, narrated from his own perspective. "I kind of want people to know that COHEED can write that sort of record," he explained of the album's departure from "The Amory Wars". "I've always said in the past that there's never been a limitation on the band. It makes no sense to me to draw a line in the sand and never cross it."

The New York-based band's album arrives via the recently formed label, 300 Entertainment who pride themselves on being an independent, creative driven record label that focuses on intense artist development.

300 Entertainment co-founder Lyor Cohen offers: "COHEED AND CAMBRIA have created a lane and legacy for themselves that is very much their own. Their DIY approach fits the ethos of 300. They've taken some brave artistic steps on this forthcoming new album and we are looking forward to sharing it with the world."

Funny Or Die recently shared an unexpected new song from the band, with the quartet putting Supreme Court Justice Scalia's dissenting opinions from the Affordable Care Act and Same-Sex Marriage rulings to music. The video, which has been viewed over 250,000 times, was not only picked up by music and comedy outlets but led a chorus of tweets and re-tweets from politicos, including Michael Moore, Paul Begala and Chris Hayes.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA return to the road in August with several festival appearances including headlining spots at Riot Fest and Fun Fun Fun Fest as well as a trio of special European performances of "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3".

Photo credit: LeAnn Mueller

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/coheed ... vu1S5Uq.99
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Ils ont fait un autre clip pour 'Island', avec des superheros dedans :

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouveau concept SF :
Roadrunner Records group COHEED AND CAMBRIA has shared a brand-new track titled "The Dark Sentencer". The song, which will appear on the band's forthcoming LP expected to arrive later this year, is the first new music to be released by COHEED AND CAMBRIA since its acclaimed 2015 LP, "The Color Before The Sun".

"The Dark Sentencer", a 10-minute prog manifesto, first appeared this morning on frontman Claudio Sanchez's socials along with the opening paragraphs from his new concept story which will accompany the upcoming record. It reads:

"Years ago, chaos cut through this atmosphere. The fractured worlds that inhabit this space were once locked in a force of uncontrollable destruction. Gravity was lost. Their planetary trajectories conjoined in one catastrophic collision, choking to remain viable even as the dying glow of their cores peek through the cracks and scars of those impactful moments. Yet a gasp is a sign of life and the planets that many might have cast off as annihilated space continued to show a pulse across the hopelessness. This discarded earth is still very much alive…and made profitable by the 5 Houses of the Star Supremacy, an elite society who looked to the sky and saw potential in the wasted planets. The opportunistic approach could hardly be considered an act of empathy for the human condition, as the decision to convert the dying planets into private prisons meant another type of life sentence awaited those shipped off to their remote reaches. Here, the desolate and derelict would burn away slowly, trapped in a race to death with the very ground they stand on. In this space, between the Well and unknowing. Our Story Starts there. Into our future, yet far beyond our past. In a romance between a pair of Unheavenly Creatures. Weaving through the blacked out space toward the freckling of cracked planets, The Gavel moved like a funeral procession. In many ways, it was the end of life for the two prisoners being transported within its unmitigable walls, to the most deplorable and prized of the doomed prisons, known simply as The Dark Sentencer."

Having announced its signing to Roadrunner earlier this year in a shadowy video clip, COHEED AND CAMBRIA has been finishing up work on its forthcoming label debut. Comprised of Claudio Sanchez (vocals / guitar), Travis Stever (guitar), Josh Eppard (drums) and Zach Cooper (bass), COHEED AND CAMBRIA has gripped listeners and press around the globe with its visionary compositions and conceptual mastery.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Roadrunner Records group COHEED AND CAMBRIA has announced details of its long-awaited new album and label debut, "The Unheavenly Creatures". The sprawling 15-track, 78-minute epic finds COHEED AND CAMBRIA returning to the conceptual narrative of "The Amory Wars". Today the band has launched pre-orders for the album's deeply immersive "Vaxis - Act 1: The Unheavenly Creatures Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set". Pre-orders for "The Unheavenly Creatures" standard album will begin Friday, June 29, with new music from the forthcoming LP arriving next week.

Set for release on October 5, the box set includes an exclusive 80-plus-page hardcover illustrated sci-fi novel with strikingly realistic color imagery by Chase Stone, as well as the complete "Act 1" novella written by frontman Claudio Sanchez and his wife, Chondra Echert. The set also houses a fully wearable hard-plastic mask of the main character in "The Unheavenly Creatures", a CD copy of the album, as well as the exclusive bonus album, "The Crown Heights Demos", showing the songs in their original written form. Additional items include a three-panel fold out poster of expanded album cover art, and "The Unheavenly Creatures Black Card" which will allow all card holders early access to tickets and early entry to COHEED AND CAMBRIA headline dates.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA recently released "The Unheavenly Creatures"' 10-minute prog manifesto, "The Dark Sentencer", which was leaked to fans by frontman Claudio Sanchez along with the opening paragraphs from the album's aforementioned novella.

This July COHEED AND CAMBRIA will set out on a U.S. co-headline mostly outdoor tour with TAKING BACK SUNDAY and special guests THE STORY SO FAR. The 28-city U.S. tour, produced mostly by Live Nation, will begin on Friday, July 6 in Miami, Florida and make stops in Atlanta, Nashville, Boston, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Chicago, Cleveland, Austin, Denver, Las Vegas and more. The summer tour will culminate in a performance at Comerica Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona on Sunday, August 12.

"The Unheavenly Creatures" track listing:

01. Prologue
02. The Dark Sentencer
03. Unheavenly Creatures
04. Toys
05. Black Sunday
06. Queen Of The Dark
07. True Ugly
08. Love Protocol
09. The Pavilion (A Long Way Back)
10. Night-Time Walkers
11. The Gutter
12. All On Fire
13. It Walks Among Us
14. Old Flames
15. Lucky Stars

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Coheed And Cambria (hard rock progressif/pop, USA)

Message par Everflow »

Répondre