Morbid Angel : retour de Steve Tucker

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Pfff cette setlist ne fait pas rêver ! J'essaierai quand-même d'aller voir ça si je peux.
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

C est du suicide set list même pas un rappel avec des classiques il est vraiment illuminati le père Trez :mad:
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

...ou complètement Tucker!

le pire c'est qu'il n'y a pas forcément mes morceaux préférées de cette période là :euh:
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Cardinal-Sin a écrit :
le pire c'est qu'il n'y a pas forcément mes morceaux préférées de cette période là :euh:
C'est ce que je me suis dit! Plusieurs auxquels je m'attendais sont absents (Heaving Earth, Enshrined By Grace etc...). Bref, a moins d'être archi fan de ces albums la, ya le risque que le public se fasse bien chier quand même.
over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

et la set list actuelle de I am morbid , le groupe avec TIm yeung et David Vincent

Omni Potens
Immortal Rites
Fall from Grace
Visions from the Dark Side
Blessed Are the Sick
Day of Suffering
Rapture
Pain Divine
Sworn to the Black
Eyes to See, Ears to Hear
I Am Morbid
Maze of Torment

Encore:
Dominate
Where the Slime Live
Dawn of the Angry
Blood on My Hands
God of Emptiness
World of Shit (The Promised Land)

y a pas photo je crois la set list est meilleur
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Voici l'album et un premier extrait :
Death metal veterans MORBID ANGEL will release their new album, "Kingdoms Disdained", on December 1 via UDR Music. Recorded at Mana Recording in St. Petersburg, Florida with producer — and former MORBID ANGEL guitarist — Erik Rutan, the LP marks the band's first release with drummer Scott Fuller (ANNIHILATED, ex-ABYSMAL DAWN) who joined MORBID ANGEL last year following the departure of Tim Yeung. It is also be MORBID ANGEL's first album to feature bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker since 2003's "Heretic".

"Kingdoms Disdained" will include the song "Warped", which MORBID ANGEL performed live on its recent U.S. tour.

Tucker, who is back for his third spell with the group, told "The Metal Magdalene With Jet" show about MORBID ANGEL's approach on the upcoming album: "It was really just about writing music — it was just about writing a MORBID ANGEL album. Nobody said, 'Hey, we wanna go in this direction,' nobody said anything. I mean, there's obvious things there. I've said it before — I'm a death metal guy, so, for me, it's gonna be a death metal album; if I'm on it, it's death metal. So it was just about making a MORBID ANGEL album. It was really about coming in with something new, something fresh, but yet it still being MORBID ANGEL. Really, honestly, we didn't approach this any differently than any of the other albums I was involved in except for maybe [1998's] 'Formulas Fatal To The Flesh', which 'Formulas', Trey [Azagthoth, guitar] wrote all the music, all the lyrics and things like that. But this was done more similar to maybe [2000's] 'Gateways To Annihilation', where everybody had their contribution. Trey wrote a bunch of songs, I wrote songs, Scotty contributed some ideas. There was a lot of back-and-forth. In the end, it has to become a MORBID ANGEL song. And at this point, I feel that it's very much a MORBID ANGEL album."

MORBID ANGEL in January announced the addition of Dan Vadim Von (guitarist/frontman of the American death metal band VADIMVON) to the band's lineup on second guitar. He joined the group as the replacement for Norwegian guitarist Destructhor (a.k.a. Thor Anders Myhren), who left the band two years ago.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid ... XyAe0uw.99

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Pochette dégueulasse! Pourquoi encore un artwork en numérique? Il ya tellement de vrais artistes qui aurait pu pondre le même concept mais sans le côté cheap.

Quant au titre, c'est du Morbid période Tucker, donc pas mal mais pas de quoi sauter au plafond.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus de détails :
Legendary death metal unit MORBID ANGEL will unleash its ninth studio album on December 1 via Silver Lining Music and JVC in Japan. Titled "Kingdoms Disdained", the record reunites founding guitarist Trey Azagthoth with bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker.

Just one play of "Kingdoms Disdained", and you'll realize that this is the only true current aural document of a world sinking into uncharted despair. "The album title says it all," says Tucker. "Everybody's fed up and nobody can figure out how to fix it. We've got all these miniature wars in neighborhoods, cities, countries, and we've got people with varying opinions causing chaos, yet everyone is doing what they feel is right. Which all makes it feel like the world has reached a point of utter madness and confusion."

As if fate constructed the moment, these forefathers of death metal found themselves witnessing the storm's eye as they prepared to create "Kingdoms Disdained", deciphering it with their ferocious music via long-held Sumerian-based beliefs. "It's been written but nobody pays attention, because we erase our history," adds Tucker. "We don't understand much about the Sumerian texts because things got erased, buried, and broken up. And for years, Trey and I talked a lot about the idea of those Gods waking up and coming back to show us that they're angry."

Recorded at Mana Studios in St. Petersburg, Florida and produced by MORBID ANGEL with Erik Rutan (CANNIBAL CORPSE, HATE ETERNAL, SIX FEET UNDER, BELPHEGOR), Azagthoth, Tucker and drummer Scotty Fuller (ANNIHILATED; formerly of ABYSMAL DAWN) created eleven pieces of devastatingly dynamic death metal. Compositions such as "Garden Of Disdain", "Architect And Iconoclast" and "The Pillars Crumbling" supremely illustrate Azagthoth's incredible creative alchemy with Tucker as well as his own incomparable guitar work.

"We're always trying to paint pictures; to create images," notes Tucker, "and I think this album is a fair image of the world today, but taken from a different perspective; the perspective of those Gods who built this, who may be resting now but are starting to wake up."

"Kingdoms Disdained" features artwork courtesy of Irish mixed-media artist Ken Coleman, who created a series of pieces that further augment the stories being told. The effort will be available on CD, vinyl, and digital formats.

"Kingdoms Disdained" track listing:

01. Piles Of Little Arms
02. D.E.A.D.
03. Garden Of Disdain
04. The Righteous Voice
05. Architect And Iconoclast
06. Paradigms Warped
07. The Pillars Crumbling
08. For No Master
09. Declaring New Law (Secret Hell) *
10. From The Hand Of Kings
11. The Fall Of Idols

* Not available on the vinyl format

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid ... kCOEgpX.99
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Premières écoutes ce week-end.

Ya pas de soucis à se faire, ça sonne comme du Morbid époque Tucker. C'est archi puissant, brutal mais bon à part ça j'en retiens pas grand chose. Ça manque sacrément de riffs mémorables. La production en fout plein les oreilles avec la batterie très en avant ce qui donne un côté très puissant et in your face, comme pour masquer ou compenser le manque d'originalité des compos

Ya juste le morceau en milieu d'album avec une rythmique un peu indus qui m'a surpris.

J'en attendais rien donc je ne suis pas déçu mais ça m'étonnerait que ce disque tourne bien longtemps.
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

J'ai écouté une fois et je me suis fait chier...
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Cardinal-Sin
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Cardinal-Sin »

ben moi j'ai bien aimé
:metallian: :papy: :metallian: BY STEEL WE RULE - http://www.metalofsteel.ch// :metallian: :papy: :metallian:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Trey Azagthoth n'assume pas, puisque désormais il rejette les expérimentations et le mix de l'album précédent sur David Vincent!
Même si on se doute bien que Vincent y était plus que favorable, c'est bien Trey qui reste le patron du groupe. Il a répété de nombreuses fois qu'il écoute de la techno, et on aurait du mal à croire qu'il s'est laissé imposer le mix final par quelqu'un d'autre sans ne rien trouver à y redire.
Mais non c'est pas sa faute, c'est forcément l'autre... :D
“It just shows how David [Vincent] and I are in different worlds these days. He is, for sure, an artist and great in his own way, but was becoming so very different than what I was into. It was a confused effort and that is why I changed the lineup.”

“I already knew the result was gonna be off during rehearsals and recording. Some of it turned out cool, but David made his vocals too loud — like usual — and the rhythm guitars got subdued in the mix. Then David flew to L.A. to finish some vocals with the engineer that mixed the record. And it seems he influenced how the mix was gonna turn out. Before I heard the final mixes for the record I thought it was gonna sound a lot more heavy. But nothing could save a silly song like ‘Radikult,’ which I just tried to ignore. I had nothing to do with that thing.”
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

:lol: Radikult :lol: je l'avais presque oubliée celle-là

Sinon, en repensant ce qu'on disait plus haut, j'ai lu l'interview de Steve dans Rock Hard, dans laquelle il dit clairement être ok pour jouer des titres des 4 premiers albums. Du coup je comprends encore moins la setlist 2017 qui a circulée...
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

L'interview dans Guitar World vaut quand même le détour, si ce n'est pour tenter de comprendre la façon de penser de Trey. Il s'exprime de manière assez "intéressante" :D

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/tre ... ecent-past

Et oui je rejoins Everflow, il n'assume pas. Dans la même phrase il dit pouvoir changer complètement le line up comme ça mais après il a aucun contrôle sur les morceaux qui finissent sur ses albums?!
Il avait d'ailleurs déjà fait le coup après Domination il me semble quand il y avait eu des plaintes par rapport au mixage et aux paroles.

Por revenir au dernier, il a l'air d'être assez bien reçu. Perso, je l'ai écouté 6-7 fois et j'en retiens absolument rien. La production n'aide pas. On entend pas bien les grattes! Les riffs sont assez durs à déchiffrer du coup.
Modifié en dernier par mike-polar le 04 janv. 2018, 19:10, modifié 1 fois.
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Au lieu de changer de line up comme ça il ferait mieux de changer son passeport en temps et en heure :D
Keyser
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Keyser »

Une belle bouse ce nouveau Morbid Angel. Son compressé à mort sans âme, riffs banals, peu de solos, Tucker qui force trop...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

mike-polar a écrit :
04 janv. 2018, 14:52
L'interview dans Guitar World vaut quand même le détour, si ce n'est pour tenter de comprendre la façon de penser de Trey. Il s'exprime de manière assez "intéressante" :D

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/tre ... ecent-past
"like beautiful acid.”
"The rate makes it wobble like complete acid, and I love it"

Tout s'explique. :lol: :mad:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un clip aussi perturbant, gore, que cheap. Et le morceau m'a l'air bien chiant, j'espère qu'il y a mieux sur l'album...

Répondre