Gama Bomb (thrash - Irlande)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Re: Gama Bomb (thrash - Irlande)

Message par Psyko Killer »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Irish thrashers GAMA BOMB will release their fourth album, "The Terror Tapes", on April 19 in Europe and May 7 the U.S. via AFM Records. The cover for the follow-up to 2009's "Tales From The Grave In Space" was illustrated by veteran movie poster artist Graham Humphreys, who created pieces for classics "A Nightmare On Elm Street" and "Evil Dead".

"We grew up in terror of VHS covers painted by Graham, but we never knew his name," says GAMA BOMB vocalist Philly Byrne. "We found him, had the audacity to chat to him, and now it's a dream come true to work together and to see the astounding work he's done for us.

"The cover shows a man being consumed by a giant, living tape machine. It's got the feeling of a grubby old 1980s video sleeve, I think. It ties in perfectly with our obsession with old technology and mad horror imagery. It's the best album cover we've ever had. Everyone else's album art sucks because of this."

"The Terror Tapes" will be preceded by a single for the track "Terrorscope", available both as a completely free download on March 26, with a vinyl release following in April.

"It was really important to us to give people some music for nothing," says Byrne. "It's how we get our music and we want people to know we're cool with them doing that, as long as they support us. Support comes from a lot of different places, not just the front pocket."

"The Terror Tapes" track listing:

01. The Wrong Stuff
02. Legend of Speed
03. Backwards Bible
04. Beverly Hills Robocop
05. Smoke The Blow With Willem Dafoe
06. We Started The Fire
07. Terrorscope
08. The Cannibals Are In The Streets - All Flesh Must Be Eaten
09. Shitting Yourself To Live
10. Matrioshka Brain
11. Metal Idiot
12. Wrecking Ball

Regarding the musical direction of "The Terror Tapes", Byrne, says: "I think this album's really going to shock people. We're not afraid to write brash, outrageous songs that will make people stand up and shout. There are some straight-up classics on this album and we can't wait for everyone to hear it."

He adds: "It's been a long road to bring 'The Terror Tapes' to life. I had throat surgery, Domo [Dixon, guitar] had a tendon injury, we changed our lineup, we recorded without a label, did it all the hard way. We worked hard and got through and made a great album which we're proud to be releasing with such great guys as AFM, who really believe in what we're doing. We've spent long enough in the shadows; now we’re ready to re-emerge."

"Tales From The Grave In Space" was given away as a free download via Rapidshare with GAMA BOMB's then-label Earache Records.

Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
brutalxeper
Spotlight Kid
Spotlight Kid

Message par brutalxeper »

la pochette est magnifique ...
j'espère que musicalement ils se soient remis un ptit coup de pied au cul ... le dernier m'a laisser sur ma faim ...
agent steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal !!!!!!!
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par guardianofsteel »

Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Guix
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Guix »

Musicalement ce morceau est énorme mais la voix j'ai du mal...
kingdavid of steel a écrit :
Pierre a écrit :Mais si on n'achète pas, qui va ramener le rock'n'roll en France ? :diable:
Demis Roussos !!!
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Très sympa, et quel solo !!!! Musicalement, ils me font revenir aux premières années du Thrash, ce qui est assez agréable.
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Guix a écrit :Musicalement ce morceau est énorme mais la voix j'ai du mal...
La même... Trop mélodique :/
Thrashos dans la voiture au Rock Am Bach pendant la tempête a écrit :Putain on va crever coincé là-dedans comme un hérisson dans un pot de Mc Fleury
Thrashos
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Message par Thrashos »

Ca perd clairement de la patate avec ça...
Gaëtan au KIT a écrit :Y'a des sites sur internet où tu marques ce que t'as picolé et ça te dit combien de temps il te faut pour dé-saouler. Et ben des fois c'est une semaine...
Mout Mout
Le mouton trop gentil
Le mouton trop gentil

Message par Mout Mout »

STEELER a écrit :Très sympa, et quel solo !!!!
Meri Khachaturian!

Sinon j'aime beaucoup. Morceau bien cool, et niveau voix on est sur le même mode que les albums précédents. Du coup je ne comprends pas tout à fait les commentaires précédents. :euh:
ImageImageImageImageImage
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Que sur le précédent en tout cas...Celui d'avant le chant était quand même beaucoup plus agressif!
Balin
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Balin »

Pas trop mal mais je trouve le son un peu trop gentillet.

Et vos remarques sur la voix me font douter sur le fait d'avoir écouter le dernier. :D
Swoopes… Dancing… For the win… Texas is back folks!
Psyko Killer
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Psyko Killer »

Perso la voix me choque pas et ne me dérange pas non plus! Et oui musicalement c'est très bon. :bang:
Prochains concerts: Pyrenean Warriors Opean Air / Rising Fest / Iron Maiden 2021? (Goteborg-Paris-Zurich-Stuttgart-Barcelone) :cheers:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Pochette de l'année :

OUR NEW ALBUM UNTOUCHABLE GLORY COMES OUT OCTOBER 30th AND NO, WE WILL NOT STOP SHOUTING
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

On dirait qu'ils aiment bien les films d'action des années 80. :mad:
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un extrait en écoute :

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Un autre :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Clip bien dans le thème de la pochette. :D

Musicalement ça reste du sous-Exodus, 'fin dans la (bonne?) moyenne du rétro thrash (= sympa mais sans intérêt à mon goût).
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et de 6.
Irish thrashers GAMA BOMB will release their sixth album, "Speed Between The Lines", on October 12 via AFM Records. The disc will be available as a CD, clear yellow gatefold vinyl (limited to 250 units), turquoise gatefold vinyl (limited to 250 units), clear/red gatefold and vinyl red/black splatter (limited to 100 units), which is exclusively available in the AFM webshop.

An AFM press release states: "The Irish crazy gang return with a new monster of an album, putting the fast, fabulous and fun back into old-school thrash metal and dragging it kicking and screaming into present day.
With its crisp, clean production, distinctive lyrics, irresistible hooks and a huge sense of enjoyment, this new album is an absolute must for thrashers of all ages and fans of TANKARD, MUNICIPAL WASTE, HAVOK and WARBRINGER."

"Speed Between The Lines" track listing:

01. Give Me Leather
02. A Hanging
03. 666teen
04. Bring Out The Monster
05. R.I.P. U
06. Motorgeist
07. Alt-Reich
08. Stay Rotten
09. We R Going 2 Eat U
10. Kurt Russell
11. World Gone To Hell
12. Faceblaster

GAMA BOMB is:

Philly Byrne - Vocals
Domo Dixon - Lead Guitar
John Roche - Lead Guitar
Joe McGuigan - Bass, Vocals
Paul Caffrey - Drums
metalrunner
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par metalrunner »

Tiens une vieille pochette de Judas.
guardianofsteel
Chibre lorrain
Chibre lorrain

Un des seuls survivants de la première vague de rétro thrash de la fin des années 2000.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

over'phil
Vraiment trop injuste
Vraiment trop injuste

Message par over'phil »

a part suicidal angels et eux reste pas grand monde de cette vague. Perso Angelus apatrida et crysis me font pas grimper au plafond :)
Hatred Dusk devient HD !!!!!!!!!!
Website - http://hatreddusk.bandcamp.com - Http://hdthrash.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Fun!

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Irish thrash metal legends Gama Bomb have today announced details of their upcoming eighth studio album "Bats," to be released 10th November via Prosthetic Records.

The band has also revealed their first single from the album, with accompanying video - which finds the quartet in the aftermath of the untimely demise of their beloved mascot, Snowy The Gamabominable Snowman, which can be seen below.

Of the new album, Gama Bomb vocalist Philly Byrne comments: "'Bats' is the weirdest album we’ve ever made. It has a guest spot by hip hop legend The Egyptian Lover, a surprise sax solo, a futuristic prologue, and a crossover song with lyrics by Percy Bysshe Shelley - we finally felt confident enough to take the brakes off and had a lot of fun with the writing. Weird is good!"

Regarding "Speed Funeral," he adds: "There are songs on our new album that diverge from the ‘Gama Bomb formula’ a lot, so we wanted to lead with 'Speed Funeral' because it’s a fun, catchy, classic GB mosher. We’re breaking you in gently with this one!

"The lyrics are about something I’ve always dreamed of - when I die, I want to be strapped to a rocket and blasted off into space as my family and friends watch. We’re middle-aged men now, so maybe death is on our minds a bit more."

From the tombs of Egypt to the faded glamour of old Hollywood, Philly, Domo, John, Joe and James (Vader and Decapitated) lead us through new sonic landscapes and all manner of novel adventures on "Bats." "Bats" is an album that could only be borne from Gama Bomb; they have embraced their inner absurdities, they’ve taken a trust fall into each other's arms, relying on the idiosyncratic glue that has bound them together over the last 21 years to propel them forwards. "Bats" is the first Gama Bomb album to be entirely produced, mixed and mastered by guitarist Domo Dixon; utilising the remote recording skills picked up during various lockdowns over the past few years, recording for "Bats" was approached with a deliberately self-sufficient attitude.

Whilst the lyrical content veers into various different directions, the album is tied together with a 1960s-inspired aesthetic as demonstrated via the "Bats" artwork - serving as a visual tribute to the iconic design trends and pop culture of the 60s. The art was created by the legendary Graham Humphreys, the artist behind iconic posters for A Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead and What We Do In The Shadows, now in his fourth collaboration with Gama Bomb.

John Roche (guitars) comments: "The accompanying artwork and inlay by the lovely Rory McGuigan are based on 1960s exploitation movies in the vein of Russ Meyer and other directors who didn't want to put their name on their films." Longtime Gama Bomb fan and accomplished painter, Kirsty Clark, takes the starring rôle on the album artwork - welcoming you into the entirely fictional "Bats" cinematic universe.

Sonically, Gama Bomb manage to stay true to their distinctive thrash sound, honed to perfection over two decades at the frontline of headbanging and fist-pumping. There are nods to heavy metal titans such as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, there’s even a sliver of Bad Brains-esque punk attitude, and more familiar influences such as Tankard and Sodom are still evident. But if you think Gama Bomb are serving up something run of the mill then you’ve clearly not accounted for the guest appearance by Irish musician Gavin Kerins or a star-turn from hip hop pioneer The Egyptian Lover who raps on - naturally - "Egyptron."

Tracklisting:

1. Prologue Under the Pyramids
2. Egyptron (feat. The Egyptian Lover)
3. Living Dead in Beverly Hills
4. Rusted Gold
5. Materialize
6. Mask of Anarchy
7. Don't Get Your Hair Cut
8. Dreamstealer
9. Speed Funeral
10. Secular Saw
11. Bats in Your Hair