Resurrection Kings (Vinny Appice + Craig Goldy + Chas West)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Le projet rassemble :
Coming in 2016, the Resurrection Kings! This one features Vinny Appice on drums, Craig Goldy on guitar, Sean McNabb Actor/Musician on bass, and Chas West on vocals.

Heureusement que Vinny sourit. :up:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Vinny Appice essaie de rattraper son compère Rudy Sarzo pour le record de groupes simultanés!
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Voici le premier extrait complet :

L'album sortira le 29 janvier.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas mal, pas renversant, en tout cas Goldy s'exprime un peu plus que sur les derniers Dio.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ils vont faire le concours du meilleur groupe d'ex-membres de Dio, avec Last in Line. :mad:

Pour l'instant je donnerais l'avantage à ce groupe, tout à fait potable même si ça ne fait pas grimper aux rideaux non plus.

Yathin Lizzy
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Yathin Lizzy »

Que ce soit Last in Line ou ça je trouve ça pas terrible du tout ... et au final ça sonne pas plus Dio que David Shankle ou je sais pas quoi d'autre....

Maintenant s'attribuer la légitimité du répertoire de Dio sous caution de l'hommage et avec la promotion d'albums nuls, on a encore franchit un pas supplémentaire dans le foutage de gueule musical.

Zéro.
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
mimimimimimimimi
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

J'ai comparé les 2 groupes mais en réalité il n'y a que Last in Line qui revendique une filiation avec Dio.

Pour Resurrection Kings c'est juste un "supergroupe" de plus, dans lequel il s'avère qu'il y a des ex-Dio. En fait c'est le boss de Frontiers qui a monté lui-même ce projet en appelant les musiciens. Mais je n'ai pas l'impression qu'ils se revendiquent de Dio ou s'en servent outre mesure, contrairement à Last in Line qui jouent clairement cette carte.
Et sur les titres postés je ne trouve pas ça si dégueu, même si on est loin des premiers Dio ou même de Dream Evil.
Piranha
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Piranha »

Ca reste tout à fait correct.J'aurais aimé un chanteur avec un peu plus de coffre et la guitare de CG plus en avant
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

2 autres titres, diversement réussis (le premier OK, le deuxième chiant) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Resurrection Kings (Vinny Appice + Craig Goldy + Chas West)

Message par Everflow »

Resurrection Kings, consisting of core members Craig Goldy (guitars), Chas West (vocals), and Vinny Appice (drums), have announced their return. Skygazer, the follow-up to their self-titled debut album, takes up where they left off, offering a magnificent set of songs with big, heavy riffs coupled with loads of catchy hooks and melodies. The album will be released on July 16 via Frontiers Music Srl.

Today, the band has released the music video for the title track, which can be viewed below. Pre-order/save the new album here.

"Once again, with the talent pool in which we have access to create, we all brought our "A" game to the writing and recording of this album. With the freedom to utilize the music that we all were influenced by that started our musical endeavours to begin with, hopefully we expanded upon them in a way in which to inspire another generation of listeners to start a similar journey," says guitarist Craig Goldy.

Goldy is truly on fire here, hitting every note with passion and feel. Vocalist Chas West shows off his massive pipes, delivering an exquisite hard rock performance. Appice is, as always, rock solid behind the kit. Fans who loved the '80s hard rock/metal vibe coupled with touches of '70s legends of the band's debut, will have much to celebrate with Skygazer.

Of the first single, the title track, Goldy adds, "It started out with a drum groove sent to me by Vinny. His unequaled playing style automatically inspired the music and then Alessandro wrote most of the melody lines and lyrics. Besides the music, I wrote the melody and lyrics for two pre-choruses that sum up the song's meaning. It is a metaphor for the lengths to which our nations' leaders will go to acquire, keep, or grab more power for their own ambitions. That leaves us in their wake asking what measures are needed to defend ourselves. All of this comes at what price though?"

Resurrection Kings is a band centered around the talents of Craig Goldy, of Giuffria and Dio fame. The idea for the band sprang from a set of demos he recorded with singer Chas West, a vocalist with an unbelievable set of pipes, who has worked over the years with bands like the Jason Bonham Band, Foreigner, Tribe Of Gypsies, and his own band, West Bound (Frontiers Music Srl). From there, Frontiers President & Head of A&R Serafino Perugino became involved and prompted Goldy to put together a lineup which also included former Dio/Black Sabbath and current Last In Line drummer Vinny Appice.

Produced and co-written by Alessandro Del Vecchio (Revolution Saints, Hardline, JORN, etc.), the resulting self-titled debut album was an impressive example of classic hard rock with contemporary production and edge. mixing a vibe of Whitesnake's 1987 with Dio's Dream Evil and adding a touch of classic Led Zeppelin and Rainbow. An extremely fun, rockin' record where the musicians were able to stretch their wings and really go for it in their performances.

The band's pure talents and performances here coupled with Del Vecchio’s production makes for a massive album that will surely be a hard rock highlight of the year.

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Assez banal...

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

Bon, ils portent bien leur nom…..
Et c’est un projet « frontier records » :D :D :D

J’avais le premier album solo de Craig Goldy, il était pas mal. (Trouvé chez un disquaire d’occaz il y a plus de 20 ans). Mais je crois qu’il est surtout connu pour avoir remplacé Vivian Campbell dans Dio.
A part Vinnie Appice (frère de Carmine et ex Dio) je ne connais pas les autres. Et ils n’ont pas de bassiste ???

Ouais ! :euh: Bon le côté ça va ressembler à Dio et à Whitesnake et…..

Le but c’est d’essayer d’être unique, non ?
:riff:
Répondre