Dave Lombardo (Philm, Dead Cross, etc.)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Concernant Philm une info pour dire que le groupe se met en pause pour une durée indéterminée (il ne parle pas complètement de split pour l'instant).
Indefinite hiatus due to personal reasons...
Au même moment, est annoncé le nouveau projet de Dave, Dead Cross, un groupe 100% punk, dans lequel il joue avec des membres de The Locust et Retox.

Un nouveau groupe qui pour l'instant se contente de faire du live, 2 dates sont prévues début décembre.
DEAD CROSS has yet to record any music, but Lombardo described the band's sound to Noisey: "It's just straightforward brutal punk— metal-esque, but it's definitely not metal. I think it definitely leans more towards the punk style, because I feel that the way things are in the world, a punk attitude is definitely necessary to help you along with the shit that's going on. There's no time to sing, 'We Are the World', or all this bullshit, we're all pissed right now, and there's no better way to release anger than to be in a punk band and write punk music."

Regarding DEAD CROSS's recording plans, Lombardo told Noisey: "I don't know exactly when we'll be able to release anything, but I'd love to get something out by the end of the year, two singles just to release something, and then do a full-length next year. The level of musicianship we have is very high, so I dont think it'll be too much of a problem to create music and put something out. These guys are driven like I am. I've learned a lot from being in this industry, and sometimes it's a lot better when you grab the bull by the horns yourself and don't wait around for other people."

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/dead-cross- ... o-new-band
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Un extrait de Dead Cross son projet punk, est en ligne :

Et plus d'infos disponibles ici : http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 318?page=2
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dead Cross a recruté... Mike Patton!
DEAD CROSS, the Southern California outfit featuring Dave Lombardo (ex-SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, MISFITS), Justin Pearson (THE LOCUST, RETOX, HEAD WOUND CITY) and Michael Crain (RETOX, FESTIVAL OF DEAD DEER), has added Mike Patton (FAITH NO MORE) as the band's singer.

DEAD CROSS is currently working on its debut album for a 2017 release via Ipecac Recordings.

The band earlier in the year parted ways with singer Gabe Serbian.

DEAD CROSS's debut album is being helmed by producer Ross Robinson, who has previously worked with KORN, DEFTONES, SEPULTURA and LIMP BIZKIT, among others.

Lombardo recently told Madcap Music Review about the source of the searing anger and rage that is fueling the aggression of his new band. He said: "Ever since the tragedy in Paris [that took place in November 2015]; that's why I'm fucking pissed. Because everything hit really close to home. I could have been on that stage [at the Bataclan venue in Paris where EAGLES OF DEATH METAL performed]. I could have been at a festival and some fucking son of a bitch comes in with a shotgun or whatever and starts [blowing] people's heads off. So I'm just… I'm angry. I'm over it, but, you know, with the new releasing some aggressive music, [we're able to] get all the feelings out, get all the shit that we wanna say out in this music. It's not gonna come out playing alternative music, it's not gonna come out playing soft. And my name and my drumming is synonymous with thrash and hardcore music, so I'm really excited about this."
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Du son et des détails pour Dead Cross, c'est un sacré bordel avec un Mike Patton barré et extrême :
Dead Cross, the SoCal band featuring Dave Lombardo (ex-Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Misfits), Mike Patton (Faith No More, Tomahawk), Justin Pearson (The Locust, Retox) and Michael Crain (Retox, Festival Of Dead Deer) release their self-titled debut album on August 4th via Ipecac Recordings.

The track “Grave Slave” (streaming below) is available as an instant download with album pre-orders, available here.

“”Grave Slave” is S&M for your ears,” says Lombardo. “Patton’s vocal range and intensity are on full blast throughout this entire album. This song is a two-minute example of what it's like to travel through the depths of his brain while JP, Crain and myself commandeer the vehicle. It's jarring, aggressive and unsettling. We're coming at you hardcore, but leaving you with a kiss.”

“As the song states, we can blow out the candles on the urinal cake,” adds Pearson. “A track like this only makes complete sense in this climate... absurdity, pigs, neo-fascist authoritarianism... the American dream is alive and well. Well, when the suits and white hoods screw the planet, you get this slab.”

Dead Cross tracklisting:

“Seizure And Desist”
“Idiopathic”
“Obedience School”
“Shillelagh”
“Bela Lugosi’s Dead”
“Divine Filth”
“Grave Slave”
“The Future Has Been Cancelled”
“Gag Reflex”
“Church Of The Motherf*****s”

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

:mad:

mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Je trouve pas forcement le choix de Mike Patton tres pertinent pour ce projet. sur le deuxieme titre, ca reste interessant mais limite insupportable sur le premier extrait
Piranha
Strong Arm of the Law
Strong Arm of the Law

Message par Piranha »

Complètement d'accord. Pas fan du tout du 1er extrait
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est un peu le bordel en tout cas, mais quoi de plus normal pour Patton? :D

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel EP de Dead Cross. Attention clip gore.
DEAD CROSS, the Southern California hardcore outfit featuring Dave Lombardo (SLAYER, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, MISFITS), Mike Patton (FAITH NO MORE, TOMAHAWK), Justin Pearson (THE LOCUST, RETOX) and Michael Crain (RETOX, FESTIVAL OF DEAD DEER), has released a self-titled, four-track EP via Ipecac Recordings.

"I think part of DEAD CROSS's motives are to bridge gaps between useless genres and definitions," explained Pearson. "Part also might be to just burn that shit down. It's in our collective DNA. Either way, as long as people love it or hate it, we succeed."

News of the EP arrives as the band premieres a video for "My Perfect Prisoner". The clip was produced by Eric Livingston, who also created the cover art for both the band’s full-length debut and this EP.

"Dead Cross", which is also the title of the band's 2017 full-length debut, is available digitally, with a limited 10-inch black/green swirl vinyl version set for a June 29 release.

"Dead Cross" track listing:

01. Skin Of A Redneck
02. My Perfect Prisoner
03. Shillelagh (Panicker Remix)
04. Church Of The Motherfuckers (Planet B Remix)

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Nouvel album de Dead Cross, toujours avec Mike Patton, et toujours aussi noisy, thrashy et décalé.
In case you’re unaware, Dead Cross is the harsh-ass thrash band of Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle), Dave Lombardo (ex-Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies), Justin Pearson (The Locust), and Mike Crain (Retox), and boy howdy, are they awesome. The project sounds like speed metal made by kids who grew up on noise rock and alternative punk, trying desperately to pay homage to Exodus with brains like metropolitan subway maps (oh, so, Oozing Wound, their direct peer is Oozing Wound). In 2017, the band dropped a killer debut album; now they’ve announced its follow-up, and have dropped a ripping first track to boot.

Dead Cross’ new album will be titled — wait for it — II, and will come out October 28th on Ipecac Recordings. The record is already available for pre-order. And get this: it was produced by Ross Robinson, the nu-metal savant known for recording suck classics as Slipknot’s debut and Korn’s Life Is Peachy. Now, this may worry some fans, but that’d be foolhardy, because that guy brings a really up-front and brain-scrambling sound to this rager.

And make no mistake, “Reign of Error” is a fucking beast, son. The song kicks off with awesome momentum and wily rage, and just skips around the room beating things to pieces with a baseball bat. There’s a real sense of panic that a lot of modern thrash loses, and which makes the listener uneasy but in a fun, excitable way. Patton is as unhinged as ever, and Pearson’s riffs get their hooks in your from the get-go — but of course, the real king of the freaks here is Lombardo, who provides the track with its sense of all-elbows ultraviolence. Man, what a cool first single.

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Paf dans ta gueule !

C'est vraiment ce que m'inspire ce premier extrait. :D

Question intéressante : fait avant la dépression de Patton ?
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

demes a écrit :
20 juil. 2022, 21:15
Question intéressante : fait avant la dépression de Patton ?
Difficile à dire. Patton est tombé en dépression pendant la pandémie, même si ses problèmes étaient peut-être antérieurs. On pourrait imaginer que cet album a été fait en 2022, depuis qu'il va mieux, mais ce n'est pas précisé alors ça se trouve c'est plus ancien.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Y'a pas que la musique qui est thrash, ou plutôt trash pour une fois. :D

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Bordel ! :lol:

J'ai poussé la curiosité jusqu'à regarder une deuxième fois en faisant plusieurs pauses pour avoir le temps de lire ce qu'il y a d'écrit sur les panneaux. :D

Ça sent clairement la diatribe contre la décision de la cour suprême américaine d'abroger l'arrêt Roe vs Wade sur l'avortement, on peut donc au moins déduire que le clip est très récent. :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Flippant, mais excellent. :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Patton est vraiment très fort, comme quoi la théorie formulée par ChaNoir au sujet de la créativité des esprits torturés que j'approuve se vérifie une fois de plus. En plus je trouve que ce titre a des accents très suicidaliens, époque premier album.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Je ne sais pas si ça intéressera grand monde, mais il sort un album solo instrumental, juste de batterie et percussions.

Répondre