Lizzy Borden - My Midnight Things

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il a resigné avec Metal Blade pour un nouvel album, et semble-t-il un nouveau line-up.
Lizzy Borden has spent over three decades creating some of the most theatrical metal in existence, releasing classics such as "Love You To Pieces" (1985) and "Master Of Disguise" (1989), while obliterating audiences worldwide with a stage show that rivals that of Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper. For his efforts, he has become nothing short of a metal icon. Now, to take the next step in furthering his career, Lizzy Borden has signed a worldwide solo artist deal with Metal Blade Records — the label that helped to launch him to commercial success over 30 years ago. Ready to once again captivate both veteran and adolescent metal fans alike, Lizzy Borden plans to release a new album in 2016 and tour the world in support of it, with a reinvigorated band backing him up.

Lizzy Borden comments: "I am extremely happy to re-sign with the same label we started with all those years ago . I'm excited to be working with Brian Slagel and all the Metal Blade family again. It's been my home for all six of our (full-length) studio albums — with the new record being the seventh, and the start of a new series of albums to come.

"My focus for the last several years has been performing live and exposing my brand of American metal to countries all over the world. Now I feel is the right time to step back and push the re-start button. Time to get back to the art of creating new music.

"Touring around the world and having new fans discover Lizzy Borden for the first time has been rejuvenating, and so a new album seems like the perfect way to bridge the past with the future.

"I will take this part of my journey and these next series of albums as a solo artist, as I have for some of the past Lizzy Borden records and tours.

"I look forward to working with many different established musicians and friends, as well as some undiscovered talent like we have been lucky enough to unearth in the past.

"To all of our fans that have followed Lizzy Borden from the beginning and all the new younger fans who have just discovered us, I hope you will come along with me for this next chapter. I am inspired, excited and ready to begin again."

Lizzy Borden has spent the past few years working on material for the follow-up to 2007's "Appointment With Death" album.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lizzy- ... WTp6oom.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Toujours pas de line-up annoncé, mais voici l'album, et un titre :
For decades, Lizzy Borden has been one of theatrical rock's top frontmen. And on June 15, Borden will issue his first album in 11 years, "My Midnight Things", via Metal Blade Records. With the hard-and-heavy tracks of the album opening title cut "Obsessed With You" and "The Scar Across My Heart", the extended layoff between albums has not dulled his desire to rock and shock. "Although we have stayed busy touring all over the world, I missed being a recording artist. I look at the new album as a new beginning, I pushed the restart button on my career," Borden comments.

Having signed a new contract with Metal Blade on the strength of three demo tracks, Borden opted to produce "My Midnight Things" himself, with Joey Scott as co-producer. (Joey also handled all the drumming duties.) "I knew what I was going for and had doubts that I could find a producer who would understand that," Borden explains. "My approach is very different than what is happening in today's current sound."

"My Midnight Things" was mixed by Greg Fidelman (METALLICA, BLACK SABBATH, ADELE, U2) and mastered by Tom Baker (DAVID BOWIE, ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON, TOM PETTY).

Borden is planning on hitting the road shortly. "I've already started working on the 'My Midnight Things' show, and I really can't wait to play these songs live," he says. "There are so many talented players out there in the world, I know I will find the right musicians to be on stage with me in my touring band in the new show. And just based on what is being talked about so far, it will be the best show I've ever done. I really do feel a new excitement that I have not felt in years. The best is yet to come."

"My Midnight Things" track listing

01. My Midnight Things
02. Obsessed With You
03. Long May They Haunt Us
04. The Scar Across My Heart
05. A Stranger To Love
06. The Perfect Poison
07. Run Away With Me
08. Our Love Is God
09. My Midnight Things (Reprise)
10. We Belong To The Shadows

The album can be pre-ordered at metalblade.com/lizzyborden, where the record is available in the following formats:

* limited first-edition digipak-CD (includes bonus tracks)
* jewelcase CD
* 180-gram black vinyl
* clear pacific blue marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
* clear burgundy marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
* olive/black marbled vinyl (U.S. exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
* opaque cool gray marbled vinyl (US exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
* exclusive bundles with a shirt, plus digital options are also available!

heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

Ce n'est pas la chanson de l'année!
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ben elle était déjà bien meilleure que celle-ci, aseptisée avec des guitares plus que basiques, on dirait un autre groupe...

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Petite interview :

Lizzy Borden was recently interviewed by Jack Antonio of "Do You Know Jack". The full conversation can be streamed below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET):

On his new album, "My Midnight Things":

Lizzy: "After I put out 'Deal With The Devil' and 'Appointment With Death', it was right around the collapse of the music industry. It got to the point where it was like, 'What's the point in making records if I can't get it to my audience?' There was no way to do that — there was no system in place, and people were getting very used to downloading for free and not buying the records. We were touring all over the world, playing in front of a young audience all over the world, so I didn't really need to put out another record, but I did miss being a recording artist. I love that part of it — I love playing new songs live, I love putting new shows together. [Metal Blade Records owner] Brian [Slagel] came to me and said, 'Look, it's a different world now — we were able to weather the storm and figure out to do this now, and how to make it work.' He convinced me to start making records again, so here I am."

On his long professional relationship with Slagel:

Lizzy: "He lets me do what I want to do, so there's no interference like I would get at a major label. [He said,] 'Do whatever you want to do.' He liked what he heard – he heard some of the demos and loved them. I already knew that he was going to like the album. If he likes a band, then generally, he likes what they're doing, so he lets them do what they want to do."

On why he decided to produce the new album himself:

Lizzy: "The way that producers work nowadays, it's a little different. I usually write and record at the same time, and I needed that kind of hands-on thing. A lot of these producers, they sign on with a band and they have a block time — 'Okay, we have four weeks to make this record,' or whatever it is, and it doesn't matter what the outcome is in the end. They just have to finish it at that moment in time, and I didn't want to be structured like that and just say, 'Well, I only have this much time to make this record, and whether it's done or not, that's all I get.' I knew right away that since it's the first record back, I definitely didn't want to be under those confines, so I decided I had to do it myself. I was glad I did – I worked through so many different things, and I couldn't have done it in a band situation, and I couldn't have done it with a producer, unless it was Elliot Solomon, who did 'Master Of Disguise' and 'Deal With The Devil'. He's the only one who could have understood that way of working, because he taught me how to do it that way."

On whether the album's title stems from his late-night writing and recording sessions:

Lizzy: "That's a small piece of why I called it 'My Midnight Things', but it was a small major piece, because I recorded it in my studio in North Hollywood in an industrial place. After closing time, it's dead — it's like a ghost town. I spent a few months there by myself and sometimes I wouldn't even see anybody for a couple of weeks. I wanted that to come out in my voice when I was singing these songs late at night. There's no distractions, so my imagination was the only thing that I had to work with. I just went with it and kept it going, and it bled into each song."

On layering vocal harmonies:

Lizzy: "Since 'Master Of Disguise', the last two albums, I've been doing a similar thing. That's my influences from QUEEN and a lot of other bands. With QUEEN, there was four guys, so you could hear the [individual] voices, and they all blend together as one. With me, it was just myself, so I really wanted to fight to try and find different personalities within each harmony, and flush that out. That was really my focus on that. I knew this was going to be a very vocal record — it was going to be all about the vocals, all about the song. It wasn't going to be about showcasing musicians or anything like that — it was all going to be about the song and the vocals. My whole thing was to get the music to enhance the vocals rather than having some guitar competing with everything, or the bass over-playing. I just wanted the song to rule. If that meant pushing the guitars out of the way, that's the way I wrote it. If it meant playing a more straight bass line, that's the way I did it. I let the song control where things were going to go. That's kind of what I did on 'Visual Lies' and 'Master Of Disguise', and those are my biggest-selling records, so I wanted to have that same sort of format going with this record."

On why he hired mixing engineer Greg Fidelman:

Lizzy: "I really loved the way he mixed the last METALLICA record. I thought it was really good, and even though my record doesn't resemble that kind of music, I just thought that he had the right take on what I was trying to do. We hit him up, and he loves LIZZY BORDEN, so he took the job right away."

On his plans for live shows in support of "My Midnight Things":

Lizzy: "What I do for every character, I create a whole character, a whole look, and then I create the stage show. That's the way I always do it. For this one, it's going to be a big deal. So far, I think it's the biggest production we've done since 'Visual Lies', at least what we're talking about right now. Then I'll put a cool lineup together, and we'll hit this world tour soon."
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

Attention cet album est une cata industrielle !!!
Lizzy qu'est ce que tu as voulu faire mon grand ? je n'ai strictement rien compris, énormément d'orchestration, du synthé en veux tu en voilà et mal fait en plus !!! production pfff c juste nul... pas de musicien crédité à part le batteur Joe Scott, en gros Lizzy à fait tout le reste et franchement c loin d'être un génie à la gratte par ex, c'est sûrement pour ça que celle ci est noyé sous des trombes de synthés d'ailleurs... et la superbe voix de Lizzy noyée elle aussi avec des tonnes d'effets et multi pisté à en plus finir...
les compos sont mal foutus bref 11 ans d'attente pour entendre ça... ça fait mal au cœur sérieux...
Je sauve 2 titres de ce carnage, "The Scar accross my heart", "A Stranger to love" bon allez "The perfect Poison" aussi on va dire...
Énorme déception pour ma part...
R.I.P. Gary Dalloway : 20/08/2006
Dark Schneider
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dark Schneider »

Totalement d'accord avec toi. Quelle erreur de ne pas avoir embaucher un vrai gratteux ! La plupart des solos de guitare sont ridicules... De loin le moins bon album de Lizzy Borden...
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

ah oui sans problème ! c'est bien dommage...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il ne voulait pas faire d'album initialement (cf interview plus haut), et quand il s'y est résolu il a fait le choix d'économiser au maximum en ne recrutant aucun musicien (à part son frère évidemment). Il n'est pas le seul à avoir cette démarche low cost malheureusement, et le résultat semble en adéquation avec les moyens...
Dave
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par Dave »

moi je comprends pas qu'un label comme Metal Blade accepte de sortir un truc comme ça !! faut pas me dire que Brian Slagel qui connait très bien le heavy ne voit pas que le truc ne tiens pas la route une seconde !
c hallucinant serieux...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Une reprise qui sortira sur une nouvelle compilation (je n'allais pas créer un topic pour ça) :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pas moins de 2 reprises de B.O.C. sur ce best of.

"Best Of Lizzy Borden, Vol. 2" track listing:

01. My Midnight Things
02. Long May They Haunt Us
03. Tomorrow Never Comes
04. Obsessed With You
05. (This Ain't) The Summer Of Love
06. Under Your Skin
07. Lovin' You Is Murder
08. The Scar Across My Heart
09. There Will Be Blood Tonight
10. We Only Come Out At Night
11. Abnormal
12. Live Forever
13. Pet Sematary
14. Burnin' For You

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce nouveau clip pour l'album de 2018 sert apparemment d'annonce de réalisation d'un film dans lequel Lizzy Borden jouera en tant qu'acteur.
En tout cas il remplit le cahier des charges habituel (un psychopathe, des bimbos passées au bistouri, feu, sang, etc.) mais bon musicalement la production est vraiment dégueulasse.
After releasing Best of Lizzy Borden, Vol. 2 last year, Lizzy Borden has now announced his feature film acting debut in Die Influencers Die - a blood-splattering, heavy metal-fueled, social media spoofing, feature length horror film starring a legendary cast and a killer soundtrack (including tracks from Metal Blade Records artists Lizzy Borden, The Black Dahlia Murder and Allegaeon). Written and directed by Gary Orona (HBO/Cinemax's Hotel Erotica & The Erotic Traveler), Die Influencers Die is now streaming on Amazon Prime.

Lizzy Borden comments: "I had a blast on the set of this twisted little movie. I grew up on low budget splatter flicks from the 60's, 70's and 80's, and 'DID' had that feel. My character has no name, and he seemingly comes out of nowhere, and that made playing him so much fun. I just held on and let him spit his venom."

Lizzy Borden's recently released Best of Lizzy Borden, Vol. 2 picks up where 1994's Best of Lizzy Borden leaves off, containing 12 tracks that showcase the Deal with the Devil (2000), Appointment with Death (2007) and My Midnight Things (2018) albums. Additionally, the collection features 2 new cover songs recorded in the summer of 2020 (the first recordings by Lizzy's latest live show line-up!): Blue Oyster Cult's "Burnin' for You" and The Ramones' "Pet Sematary" - both mixed by Jay Ruston (Anthrax, Steel Panther, Stone Sour).

Digitally re-mastered by Tom Baker (David Bowie, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Tom Petty), Best of Lizzy Borden, Vol. 2 is available everywhere now.
Répondre