The Obsessed (Wino) - reformation et nouvel album

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Le groupe est de retour avec un nouveau line up. Si j'ai tout compris, il s'agit juste de Spirit Caravan qui a repris le nom The Obsessed.
En tout cas, ils sont actuellement en tournee aux US et viennent de signer avec Relapse. Un nouvel extrait en demo est disponible.
A demo version of the new song "Be The Night" from the reactivated THE OBSESSED, one of the early BLACK SABBATH-influenced doom metal bands on the American continent, can be streamed below. The track will appear on THE OBSESSED's forthcoming studio album, which will be recorded this summer and released in the fall via Relapse.

Guitarist/vocalist Scott "Wino" Weinrich, who has also played with SAINT VITUS, SPIRIT CARAVAN, THE HIDDEN HAND and SHRINEBUILDER, is joined in THE OBSESSED's current lineup by longtime partner Dave Sherman (SPIRIT CARAVAN, EARTHRIDE) and drummer Brian Constantino (a former THE OBSESSED drum tech).

Weinrich commented on THE OBSESSED's new record deal and the band's reformation: "The time is now for rebirth of THE OBSESSED. Fueled with the anger, wisdom and energy of all things past, this monumental achievement is the culmination of many years of dogged determination and the belief in the music.

"This music that we and many others find healing and inspirational. At last it sees the light, uncompromising and laden with passion and intensity that we'll immortalize on our new album.

"We're happy to officially announce our signing with Relapse Records. They also believe in the music and are very understanding of our integrity, vision and aspirations.

"On tour right now in the USA, we are celebrating this experience with glorious sound. Join us on this golden road. Thanks to all who believe!"

Weinrich announced THE OBSESSED's return in March on social media, explaining in a statement: "All over the world I've listened to friends tell me, 'We want you to bring back THE OBSESSED,' so I have decided to resurrect THE OBSESSED." He added that he was "waiting for the right combination of ability, attitude and personality to accomplish this goal."

J'avais reussi a voir le line up de The Church Within au Hellfest 2012 et c'etait enorme. j'espère une nouvelle tournee europeene mais j'ai des doutes avec les soucis legaux de Wino apres la derniere tournee Saint Vitus. :(
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Il est bien cool ce titre démo. :rock: :rock:
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

mike-polar a écrit :Le groupe est de retour avec un nouveau line up. Si j'ai tout compris, il s'agit juste de Spirit Caravan qui a repris le nom The Obsessed.
On dirait bien oui :

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2016/02/2 ... -obsessed/
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Interview de Wino sur cette "reformation :

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=124131
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Maryland doom legends THE OBSESSED will release their first studio album in over twenty years, "Sacred", on April 7 via Relapse Records.

The song "Razor Wire", taken from "Sacred", can be streamed below.

Comments THE OBSESSED guitarist/vocalist Scott "Wino" Weinrich: "I can honestly say I think this is the best-sounding recording of my career, and I am excited to release it on Relapse.

"This song 'Razor Wire', I have been carrying around the title concept and main riff in my pocket for a couple years. The full song was born after applying real life experiences, with a little wishful thinking! Fuck control."

"Sacred" will be made available on CD, LP, deluxe double LP, and digital formats. Physical preorders and bundles are available via Relapse.com here and digital downloads can be preordered by Bandcamp at this location. The deluxe 2xLP bundle includes an enamel logo pin, signed art print, and two bonus tracks.

"Sacred" track listing:

01. Sodden Jackal
02. Punk Crusher
03. Sacred
04. Haywire
05. Perseverance Of Futility
06. It's Only Money
07. Cold Blood
08. Stranger Things
09. Razor Wire
10. My Daughter My Son
11. Be The Night
12. Interlude
13. On So Long (bonus)
14. Crossroader Blues (bonus)

mike-polar
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par mike-polar »

Nouveau clip:

L'album est sorti. Je l'ai ecoute il y a quelques jours. C'est pas la claque que j'esperais, mais ca reste de tres bonne qualite, de tres bon riffs. C'est de loin le groupe que je prefere parmi tous les projets de Wino.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

En intégralité :

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le premier album est réédité, donc voici a priori un bonus live :
The Obsessed will reissue the band's 1990 debut album. The reissue follows The Obsessed’s reunion in 2016, which included a new album, called "Sacred". Both Sacred and the self-titled debut album reissue have been handled by Relapse Records.
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en février.
U.S. doom and heavy metal veterans THE OBSESSED will release their fifth studio album, "Gilded Sorrow", on February 16, 2024 via Ripple Music.

Expanded to a four-piece with the addition of Jason Taylor on guitar, the music on the follow-up to 2017's "Sacred" is more aggressive, straightforward and downright mean than ever before.

"Gilded Sorrow" will be available in various limited vinyl editions, classic vinyl, CD and digital, with U.S. preorders already available at this location.

THE OBSESSED frontman Scott "Wino" Weinrich spoke to TotalRock's "Hobo On The Radio" show about "Gilded Sorrow". He said in part: "I think it's the heaviest thing I've ever done. I mean, heavy in a sense as not just sludge heavy, but I think it's well-rounded. I would say I think it's the best thing I've done. I like to be able to say that it's the best thing I've ever done because I want everything that I do to be as good or better. Every time I do a record, I set the bar. 'The Church Within' set the bar for 'Sacred'. 'Sacred' set the bar for 'Gilded Sorrow'. We did it with Frank Marchand [at Waterford Digital] in Maryland.

"We added two members. We added Chris Angleberger on bass. He started out in Maryland in a band called TRANQUILIZER, eventually ended up in Florida, and he plays in some tribute bands and stuff like that; he did some original stuff along the way. And then Jason Taylor on second guitar. I think the adding the second guitar to THE OBSESSED was one of the best decisions I've made, because he's a virtuoso guitar player, first of all. Second of all, he really understands my music and me. He came to the table pretty much knowing all my songs. He sent me a really nice letter. We did some touring with SIERRA when we first met — his band SIERRA; he's Canadian. And he sent me a really nice letter saying, 'I see my future playing original music with you. Your music would be the vehicle.' And I must say he contributed quite a bit of good stuff to this record 'Gilded Sorrow'. He co-wrote some stuff with me [and] he made a bunch of great suggestions. The record runs together sort of as one piece. There are a few stops here and there where it needs to stop, but as a rule, it runs together as one piece. And that was Frank Marchand's idea. He wanted to do something a little bit different with the production, but it really works. But Jason did all the segue stuff with his guitar, with some equipment that he has. So no synthesizers were used on this record. It doesn't sound all keyboarded out — don't get me wrong. But for lack of a better word, if people were wondering, this is all guitar stuff. I think he rounded it out really, really well."

Asked if "Gilded Sorrow" has a "much more expansive sound" than previous THE OBSESSED efforts, Wino said: "I think it sounds fantastic. Everything I do with Frank gets better and better. Frank Marchand in Maryland, he's an amazing live sound guy, but he also has an amazing command of the recording studio, because he's got an amazing command of his digital realm. But then he is got all kinds of analog stuff. It's like Les Paul orgy. He knows his gear. And he can use it. He cut his teeth doing live sound, so he understands hard rock. He knows what the fuck he's doing."

This past April, Wino told the "Heavy Galaxy" show that "Gilded Sorrow" will contain eight songs with a running time of "about 36 [or] 37 minutes."

One of the songs on the follow-up to 2017's "Sacred" is called "Stoned Back To The Bomb Age", a play on words based on when then-U.S. president George W. Bush's deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage threatened to bomb Pakistan "back to the Stone Age" immediately after 9/11.

"I always listened to the radio, so I was listening to a defense department briefing," Weinrich said. "And Armitage said, 'If Pakistan gets involved in this conflict, we're gonna bomb them back to the stone age.' So I was, like, 'Wow.' So, 'Stoned Back To The Bomb Age' — it's kind of a little bit of a comment on modern stuff."

Weinrich went on to say that he is "not really pulling any punches" on "Gilded Sorrow". "But at the same time, I'm not trying to shoot myself in the foot either," he explained. "The music has gotta talk. The reason I even have an audience at all is from the music. I appreciate the fact that I've been able to have a long and fruitful career. I really do."

"Gilded Sorrow" track listing:

01. Daughter Of An Echo
02. It's Not OK
03. Realize A Dream
04. Gilded Sorrow
05. Stoned Back To The Bomb Age
06. Wellspring - Dark Sunshine
07. Jailine
08. Yen Sleep
09. Lucky Free Nice Machine

THE OBSESSED was formed in the late 1970s in Potomac, Maryland by legendary Weinrich (SAINT VITUS, SPIRIT CARAVAN). The band spawned in the realm of musicians/artists such as BLACK SABBATH, Frank Zappa, THE DICTATORS and THE STOOGES. The earliest lineup consisted of Wino, bassist Mark Laue, guitarist John Reese, and drummer Dave Flood. In 1983, Wino took over vocal duties and the band became a three-piece to record the "Sodden Jackal" EP.

The band broke up in the late '80s after Wino moved to California to join SAINT VITUS. At that time, a German label, Hellhound Records, and the booking agency that had signed SAINT VITUS, released "The Obsessed", originally recorded in 1985, prompting Wino to reform THE OBSESSED. After multiple lineup changes, the band signed to Columbia Records in 1994 and released its third album, "The Church Within". Despite receiving highly acclaimed reviews, THE OBSESSED would break up following the release, after which Wino formed SPIRIT CARAVAN (then SHINE) and other projects.

In September 2011, THE OBSESSED returned to the stage at Roadburn festival with "The Church Within"'s legendary lineup (featuring Wino, Greg Rogers and Guy Pinhas). The band played a few more reunion shows over the next couple years at Hellfest 2012 and Maryland Deathfest XI in May 2013 with bassist Reid Raley.

Wino announced the full-time return of THE OBSESSED in March 2016 and the band's official signing to Relapse Records to record the follow-up to "The Church Within". The new lineup originally consisted of SPIRIT CARAVAN bassist Dave Sherman and Wino's longtime friend and former road crew member Brian Costantino (drums). On October 31, 2016, Wino announced another new lineup change for THE OBSESSED, including Bruce Falkinburg (bass) and Seraphim (guitar),making that the first time the band had been a four-piece in over thirty-five years.

In 2017, THE OBSESSED unleashed "Sacred", the band's first studio album in over twenty years, further pushing the band into the annals of heavy metal history. After a few years on the road, the lineup stabilized around Brian Costantino on drums, Chris Angleberger on bass, Jason Taylor on guitar, and, of course, Wino at the helm.

THE OBSESSED 2023 is:

Chris Angleberger - bass
Jason Taylor - guitar
Brian Costantino - drums
Scott "Wino" Weinrich - guitar and vocals
Répondre