Revocation (thrash/death technique, USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Le batteur va quitter le groupe...
“It is with a heavy heart that I’m announcing I will be leaving Revocation. This was by far the most difficult decision I’ve ever made in my life, but after much soul searching I’ve decided that it is no longer the right path for me, so I will be moving forward to pursue new musical projects. I remain close friends with my brothers in the band, and support them 100% in all their future endeavors. I know such a talented group of guys will have a long and prosperous career, and I look forward to watching Revocation continue to grow and evolve.

I look back on my time with Revocation with nothing but fond memories, and feel incredibly lucky to have been part of something so special. I would like to thank the enormous amount of people who have helped us over the years: from everyone we’ve worked with at Relapse and Metal Blade, to our manager Shawn Carrano and our booking agent Dan Rozenblum, to all the amazing bands we’ve toured with over the years, and to our very supportive families who have been with us all the way through this incredible journey.

Most of all I would like to thank all of our amazing fans that have made our career in music possible. To everyone who has ever picked up a record, come out to a show, bought a t-shirt, and even taken us into their homes when we didn’t have a place to stay, thank you all so much for helping us turn our dreams into a reality. I’m humbled and moved beyond words knowing that what we started in my parents dining room when we were 14 years old has resonated with so many people and allowed us to travel the world sharing our passion. I look forward to continuing my career in music and can’t wait to get back out playing shows, see you all on the road with whatever comes next!

–Phil“
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
STEELER
Powerslave
Powerslave

Message par STEELER »

Un batteur remarquable. Il me fait carrément planer. Quelle bestiole !
Fall to your Knees and Repent if you Please
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Leur premier album ressort en novembre avec un nouveau mix et mastering :
Revocation: "Empire of the Obscene" Reissue with "Summon the Spawn" Demo to be Released November 13th via Metal Blade Records!

Boston thrashers REVOCATION have been on a tear, touring across North America and the rest of the world in support of their latest release 2014's Deathless that was released on Metal Blade Records. Today REVOCATION announces the long anticipated reissue and release of the band's debut album "Empire of the Obscene." The album will be released November 13th via Metal Blade Records and can be pre-ordered now at http://www.metalblade.com/revocation. Be sure to check out the stream of the title track as well.

Founding member and front man Dave Davidson on the re-release:

"Back in 2008 we self released our debut record "Empire of The Obscene" only pressing 1,000 copies at the time, now thanks to the good folks at Metal Blade and the demand of our fans it will be available worldwide! We are very excited to finally give this record a proper release and can't wait for everyone to hear the newly remixed and remastered tunes courtesy of Pete Rutcho. We're also including the elusive "Summon The Spawn" demo from 2006 as well as newly revamped cover art to make this release extra special."

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Revocation - Great is Our Sin (nouvel album)

Les ricains sont de retour cet été :

1. Arbiters of The Apocalypse
2. Theatre of Horror
3. Monolithic Ignorance
4. Crumbling Imperium
5. Communion
6. The Exaltation
7. Profanum Vulgus
8. Copernican Heresy
9. Only the Spineless Survive
10. Cleaving Giants of Ice
First single, 'Communion', streaming now; exclusive pre-order bundles available!

Having delivered five killer albums boasting some of the most potent, technical and abrasive metal unleashed over the last decade, it would be easy for REVOCATION to sit back and rest upon their laurels. However, with their constant drive to push their sound ever forward and refusal to compromise their integrity, this could never be the case - and 'Great Is Our Sin' is their most dynamic, boundary-pushing and weighty release to date.

'Great is Our Sin' is slated for a July 22nd release date via Metal Blade Records. The first song from the album, entitled 'Communion', is available for streaming starting today. Head to metalblade.com/revocation to get a first listen to the track and pre-order your copy of 'Great is Our Sin' today!

Pierre Desproges
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Autre extrait :

Pierre Desproges
BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Ils sortent pas loin d'un album par an eux non ?
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

A peu près ouais.

Voilà encore un extrait :

Pierre Desproges
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Un titre à écouter... dans le film Power Rangers. Ce n'est pas une blague.

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Plus sombre, plus death :
The title track of REVOCATION's new album, "The Outer Ones", can be streamed below. Due on September 28 via Metal Blade Records, the follow-up to 2016's "Great Is Our Sin" sees the band pushing both the death metal and progressive elements of its signature sound harder than ever.

"The Outer Ones" track listing:

01. Of Unworldly Origin
02. That Which Consumes All Things
03. Blood Atonement
04. Fathomless Catacombs
05. The Outer Ones
06. Vanitas
07. Ex Nihilo
08. Luciferous
09. A Starless Darkness

The official video for the disc's first single, "Of Unworldly Origin", directed by David Brodsky, can be seen below.

"I knew that I wanted to go in a darker direction, and this is our most death metal album to date," states vocalist/guitarist Dave Davidson.

"Sometimes when death metal bands go down the prog route, they lose some of that edge, but we wanted to keep the aggression at the forefront of what we do while still pushing our boundaries."

Moving away from the societal and historical themes that informed "Great Is Our Sin", this time Davidson has immersed himself in the fantastic, evoking one of the great writers of the sci-fi/horror genre.

"The title is my ode to H.P. Lovecraft and the entities of pure cosmic horror that rule that universe he created," Davidson says. "Since the new music we were writing was so evil and spacey in sections, it seemed to be the right title to fit the overall vibe. But while the lyrical content is largely influenced by such writings, in every allegory there is, of course, some reflection of the real world, so I enjoy writing in a way that could have one overlaying meaning and then another deeper, symbolic meaning as well."

This September/October, REVOCATION will head out on the road for its first North American headlining tour in several years, with EXHUMED, RIVERS OF NIHIL and YAUTJA as support.

REVOCATION is:

David Davidson - Guitars / Vocals
Dan Gargiulo - Guitars / Vocals
Brett Bamberger - Bass / Vocals
Ash Pearson - Drums

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sortie en septembre. Toujours aussi intense.
On September 9, progressive death metal outfit, Revocation, will release their eighth full-length, Netherheaven, via Metal Blade Records. For a first preview of the album, a video for the new single "Diabolical Majesty" (directed by David Brodsky // mgenyc.com) can be viewed below.

Revocation songwriter/frontman Dave Davidson comments: "It's always hard choosing the first single off of a new album, but we felt that 'Diabolical Majesty' really captures the mood of 'Netherheaven' overall. It's a thrashing, death metal ripper that's got a little something for everyone, whether you're the first one to activate a circle pit at a show or if you just like to bang your fucking head. The music video was filmed by our good friends Dave Brodsky and Allison Woest, and they've once again outdone themselves on this one! Special thanks to the Sk8 Liborius crew for letting us rage in their space for a couple days. Lyrically, 'Diabolical Majesty' was inspired by the Satanic Temple's ongoing struggle with the religious right and their battle to display the statue of the Baphomet in the face of censorship and legal action. To quote American author Chris Hedges, 'The merger of the corporatists with the Christian right is the marrying of Godzilla to Frankenstein.' These words ring even truer now that extremist Christian politicians have begun imposing their authoritarian rule as they seek to completely undo the separation of church and state."

Brett Bamberger (bass) adds: "Filming for 'Diabolical Majesty' hyped me up on every level! You can't beat ripping a video with the crew WHILE having a session and several Busch Waters. Skating at Liborius reminded me of my first time checking out SPOT & Asbury Park when I was a kid. I don't think I've even seen a vert ramp since those days since I've always been a tech dawg! It was really special to be able to combine all my beloved passions in the sesh & hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!"

Four years in the making, the Billboard-charting trio that is Revocation - Dave Davidson (vocals/guitars), Ash Pearson (drums), and Brett Bamberger (bass) - meticulously explore the allegorical and literal aspects of Hell as they dig deeper into the darker, more diabolical side of death metal. In short, where the previous album, The Outer Ones (2018), jettison Revocation into the horrific maw of the cosmos, Netherheaven bores deftly through the nine rings of Hell to directly confront Lucifer and his multitudinous faces. "We're definitely in more of a death metal mindset than on earlier albums in our catalog," asserts Davidson. "We're focusing on how we can write the best death metal-centric album that we possibly can while still pushing our boundaries. The new songs on 'Netherheaven' are evil and sinister but also have a progressive element to them to keep things interesting. It's got our stamp on it, no question."

Netherheaven was written during downtime after the album cycle for The Outer Ones was complete. The album's nine tracks were written solely by Davidson, who spent his time between genuflecting at the altars of Luc Lemay (Gorguts), Chuck Schuldiner (Death), Marty Friedman (Megadeth), and celebrated jazz guitarists Wes Montgomery and Kurt Rosenwinkel. Between writing killer riffs and absolutely wild solos, the seven-stringer also practiced (technique), studied (theory), and taught guitar. Revocation truly changed gears when Davidson picked up audio engineering (with Apple's Logic Pro) to use the pandemic-era lockdowns effectively. It made perfect sense for him to helm the engineer and producer's chair at his newly-built HeatWave Studios for Netherheaven. Revocation then sourced Swedish studio ace Jens Bogren (Opeth, Kreator) to mix and master at Fascination Street Studios.

"We put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the album," says Davidson. "We want people to be inspired. It's brutal. We brought our A-game on Netherheaven."

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »