Spiritus Mortis (Doom / Finlande)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

Avec l'ex Reverend Bizarre, Sami Hynninen, aux vocaux :
Finland's most ancient purveyors of doom metal, Spiritus Mortis are back with a vengeance! Seven years have passed since their previous offering, "The God Behind The God," also their first featuring ex-Reverend Bizarre vocalist Albert Witchfinder. Now on their fourth album, "The Year Is One" is a mirror to your childhood's occult fantasies. It is what you thought you heard when listening to your favorite headbanging music - even though those bands actually sang about sex and drugs and driving fast cars, whereas Spiritus Mortis' material really does deal with black magic and necrophilia. It is as heavy and evil as one can get without slipping away from the world of pure old-school heavy metal.

Prepared with the kind of passion and time-consuming concentration that is fitting of the doom metal genre, "The Year Is One" was several years in the making, and the dedication is palpably present in the music. The band's roots in Dio-era Sabbath sounds are there, but the men play with a heavy-handed yet melodic vigor rather unusual in the genre. Albert Witchfinder's voice carries a newfound joy of expression, and he delivers his bedtime stories about demon summoning and corpse violation as if possessed by evil genius.

Svart Records will release this work of supreme darkness on November 11th on CD, digital, and double vinyl. At this point, the only confirmed live appearance will be in November in Helsinki, supporting Satan and Pentagram. The first track premiere shall be announced shortly. Cover and tracklisting are as follows:

1. Robe of Ectoplasm
2. I am a Name on Your Funeral Wreath
3. Babalon Working
4. Jesus Christ, Son of Satan
5. Holiday in the Cemetery
6. She Died a Virgin
7. Black Magic, White Powder
8. World of No Light

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
Cruchot jr
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Cruchot jr »

Excellente nouvelle !! Leur album "The god behind the god" est ni plus ni moins qu'un petit bijou de doom protéiforme (je considère même ce disque comme le meilleur album sorti en 2009 :bow: ) et j'attends son successeur de pied ferme ! Spiritus Mortis avait jusque-là principalement sorti deux albums de heavy/doom efficaces, qui ne m'impressionnent guère (réédités en LP voilà une paire d'années). Les musiciens faisaient leur petit bonhomme de chemin, parcours de passionnés qui jouent ce qu'ils veulent, sans prendre en compte les modes, et un tournant se réalisa avec l'arrivée de M. Hynninen qui a insufflé avec le talent qu'on lui connait une vie nouvelle à cette entité fascinée par l'occultisme et le macabre.
I pledge to keep it alive ! I promise: metal will thrive !
I swear myself to the cause ! I'll teach all the metal laws !

http://defender.metal-live.com/viewtopi ... =9&t=18665
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

Je suis un gros fan des 2 premiers albums, et beaucoup moins du 3ème. A voir.
Mr. Sandman
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mr. Sandman »

R.I.P Ronnie James Dio ! :(

"La culture, c'est comme l'amour. Il faut y aller à petits coups au début pour bien en jouir plus tard."
Pierre Desproges
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

J´ai recu l´album The Year is One et je n´accroche vraiment pas du tout :/ :non:
Heiko aime beaucoup par contre :o
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
olivier64
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par olivier64 »

J'avais adoré les 2 premiers albums, avec Vesa Lampi au Chant. L'arrivée de Sami Hynninen (aka Albert Witchfinder) a douché mon enthousiasme pour le groupe. Je n'ai d'ailleurs jamais aimé REVEREND BIZARRE non plus.
Répondre