Jani Liimatainen (ex-Sonata Arctica) & Anette Olzon (ex-Nightwish)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Tout est dans le titre ou presque.
Prolific label Frontiers Music Srl have just confirmed that a new project fronted by the former Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon and also with Jani Liimatainen, mostly known as Sonata Arctica's former guitarist, and the mastermind behind Cain's Offering. With further details yet to be announced, this unexpected collaboration will bear its first fruit in mid to late 2017.

Jani Liimatainen posted the following statement: "I have always been a big fan of Anette's voice and when the opportunity to work with her arose, writing and producing an album, it was something I just couldn't say no to! It has been a blast working on the songs already and I can't wait for the final result, this will be epic! The songs will be extremely melodic and to the point. My goal has been to write catchy songs with hooks that will haunt your dreams, and I think it's pretty much 'mission accomplished'. Stay tuned for something special!"

Anette Olzon adds: "I am so looking forward to sing on an album with Jani and to finally work with Frontiers. I believe it will be a perfect match and I am really happy that Jani and Frontiers asked me to do this with them!"

Frontiers President, Serafino Perugino, concludes: "I originally envisioned the musical alliance between those two musical giants and the fact that they liked the concept proposed makes me incredibly proud! Working with two high class musicians like Jani and Anette is a true honor and we will do our complete best to please them and to release a record which will make all the melodic and power metal fans very happy!"
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Ca s'annonce passionnant...
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-q2ZQi10Q
Mc Brain
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Mc Brain »

C'est un peu la doublette de la loose (en étant mauvaise langue je le concède )
Gaëtan: "Reste plus qu'à interdire les citations dans les signatures... "
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Rien qu'en voyant les têtes qu'ils font sur les photos, on peut supputer que ce sera une belle doublette de vainqueurs :diable:
Franky a écrit :j'ai voté pour toi, car en plus d'être un crétin (comme Gasp), tu es malfaisant. :oui:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Il y a pas mal de projets chez Frontiers Records qui sont montés/proposés par le label directement et pas par les musiciens, il est possible que ce soit un exemple de plus.
Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

Ah oui exact ! J'avais lu la news en diagonale, je n'avais pas vu que c'était Frontiers qui sortait ça.
ça va être dans la lignée d'un Russel / Lande (les deux ne se sont d'ailleurs jamais rencontrés en vrai !) ou Kiske / Somerville...
demes
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par demes »

Raaaah ils se mettent à faire ça aussi dans LEMETAL... Ça sent quand même le raclage de fonds de tiroirs histoire d'essayer de rentabiliser les seconds couteaux. :D
ChaNoir a écrit :Merde on n´est pas venus pour voir Chantal Goya en perfecto!
Metalrunner a écrit :Je sais je suis un thrasheur romantique et fragile :D
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Le résultat, qui ressemble un peu à un mix de leurs anciens groupes :
THE DARK ELEMENT, the new musical project featuring former NIGHTWISH vocalist Anette Olzon and Finnish guitarist and songwriter Jani Liimatainen, will release its self-titled debut album on November 10 via Frontiers Music Srl.

The official video for the song "My Sweet Mystery" can be seen below.

Since word of this project got out, fans have been frothing at the mouth with anticipation for its arrival. And no wonder considering the talent involved! Anette is widely known for being the immaculate voice on the hit albums from NIGHTWISH, "Dark Passion Play" and "Imaginareum". Jani has recently been busy in CAIN'S OFFERING alongside STRATOVARIUS singer Timo Kotipelto, but left a deep mark on the minds of all power metal fans thanks to his time in SONATA ARCTICA.

Said Liimatainen: "I have always been a big fan of Anette's voice and when the opportunity to work with her arose, writing and producing an album, it was something I just couldn't say no! It has been a blast working on the songs and I can't wait for everyone to hear the final result. This will be epic! The songs are extremely melodic and to the point. My goal has been to write catchy songs with hooks that will haunt your dreams, and I think it's pretty much 'mission accomplished.' Stay tuned for something special!"

Added Olzon: "I am so looking forward to this album and I believe our collaboration worked like a perfect match and I am really happy that Jani and Frontiers asked me to do this with them!"

"The Dark Element" track listing:

01. The Dark Element
02. My Sweet Mystery
03. Last Good Day
04. Here's To You
05. Someone You Used To Know
06. Dead To Me
07. Halo
08. I Cannot Raise The Dead
09. The Ghost And The Reaper
10. Heaven Of Your Heart
11. Only One Who Knows Me

Musicians:

Anette Olzon - Lead Vocals
Jani Liimatainen - Guitars, Keyboards, Programming
Jonas Kuhlberg - Bass
Jani "Hurtsi" Hurula - Drums

* Piano on "Someone You Used to Know" and "Heaven of Your Heart" by Jarkko Lahti
* Backing vocals by Anette Olzon, Petri Aho, Anssi Stenberg and Jani Liimatainen
* Growls on "Dead To Me" by Niilo Sevänen

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-da ... klgtMo9.99

heavy76
Captor of Sin
Captor of Sin

Message par heavy76 »

C'est pas mal, on ressent comme influence Nightwish (surtout!) et Sonata Arctica (un peu), ce qui n'a rien d'étonnant.
chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

C'est sympa, dans la continuité de ce que Jani nous propose avec Cain's Offering :disco: :dance:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Pierre
Defender of the Faith
Defender of the Faith

Message par Pierre »

C'est bien fait, c'est joli mais qu'est-ce que c'est convenu...
Polochon
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Polochon »

Un nouvel extrait depuis quelques jours, façon "j'en ai gros et ça va péter" :

(perso j'aime beaucoup)
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Sympa.
Même si ça ne colle pas vraiment et que ça n'aurait aucun sens pour Jani, on peut quand même se demander l'instant d'une seconde si ce n'est pas adressé à Nightwish :D
Polochon
Metal Heart
Metal Heart

Message par Polochon »

Quand Jani était dans Sonata ils faisaient souvent des chansons "d'amour-haine". Façon "tu me plaques? EH BEN JE TE HAIS !!!" Même leur reprise de "Still Loving You" n'était pas du tout mélancolique/"c'est dur la vie". Donc... il a très bien pu s'inspirer tout seul pour cette chanson, même si évidemment Anette a pu y trouver une certaine résonance personnelle !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

Bah j'aime bien :dance: :tata:
citrouille a écrit :UFO est inclassable UFO c'est la vie UFO convient à tous les topics d'un forum !
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: Jani Liimatainen (ex-Sonata Arctica) & Anette Olzon (ex-Nightwish)

Message par Everflow »

2ème album :
The official lyric video for the song "The Pallbearer Walks Alone" from THE DARK ELEMENT, the project featuring former NIGHTWISH vocalist Anette Olzon and Finnish guitarist and songwriter Jani Liimatainen, can be seen below. The track is taken from THE DARK ELEMENT's second album, "Songs The Night Sings", which will be released on November 8 via Frontiers Music Srl. The follow-up to 2017's "The Dark Element" was mixed by Jacob Hansen, who has previously worked with VOLBEAT and AMARANTHE, among others.

Joining Olzon and Liimatainen in THE DARK ELEMENT's current recording lineup are Jonas Kuhlberg on bass and Rolf Pilve on drums.

"Songs The Night Sings" picks up where the self-titled debut left off, with immaculate vocals from Anette and fabulous anthems written by Jani.

Anette says: "It's a thrill that we're releasing yet another album and for me it's been even easier to record this one since me and Jani now know each other really well. For me, this album is bigger and better and I believe the ones who liked the first one will really like this one too. All I can say is that I already long to do another album. Hep hep!"

Jani adds: "I think the album is very heavy, but still hyper melodic, and this time we are even exploring new musical territories we didn't on the previous album. Now that me and Anette have one album together under our belts, we have found the style we want to pursue and also the ideal way of working together. Given all this, I think it's safe to say that with this album you'll get even more of what made the first album so good, only it's gonna be bigger, better and bolder!"

chevelu
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par chevelu »

J’avais bien aimé le premier et ça semble être dans la même veine :) Par contre il a changé de look le Jani, je ne l’avais pas reconnu dans le clip
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

C'est moi ou ça sonne encore plus Nightwish que quand elle était dans Nightwish? :mad:
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Et Jani a un super t-shirt.

cillian
The Wild Child
The Wild Child

Message par cillian »

C’est bien et ça fait plaisir d’entendre à nouveau Annette. Je ferme les yeux et je me mets à croire qu’elle n’a jamais quitté (été virée comme une malpropre de) Nightwish…. :o
:non: En fait, c’est exactement ce que tu dis, et ça sonne même plus Nightwish que le Nightwish actuel. :lol:
:riff:
Répondre