Enuff Z'Nuff (hard rock, USA)

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

Répondre
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Ce vieux groupe américain revient avec un album de raretés et démos réenregistrées.
ENUFF Z'NUFF's new album, "Clowns Lounge", will be released on December 2 via Frontiers Music Srl.

"Clowns Lounge" is a collection of rarities and early demos that have been reworked and re-recorded by the band. This exceptional collection also features a guest appearance from the late Jani Lane (WARRANT) as well as an appearance from James Young of STYX.

As people have been clamoring for a new release from ENUFF Z'NUFF, the band just happened to receive a call from Derek Shulman, and the rest was history:

"We had unfinished, unreleased material in the vault, and I went back into the studio in Chicago and started working on all the songs," said Chip Z'nuff. "Guitars, bass, vocals, it all needed to be tweaked, and with help from Chicago Recording Company and Chris Steinmetz of Stonecutter recording studios, we were able to create another rock-solid record. It is basically an archival record featuring original band and ENUFF Z'NUFF as it is today. The record showcases the best elements of ENUFF Z'NUFF in the early days: in-your-face glitter rock with pop overtones. This is a true must have rock record for the diehard ENUFF Z'NUFF fans worldwide."

Chip on how the songs came about: "Donnie and I wrote the songs in the later part of 1988-89. They were recorded in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, on two-inch analog tape, during the time of our debut. The tracks were never finished, as we were very prolific and focused on laying down as many ideas as possible. Through the resources provided to us — recording studio, production, etc.— we had a plethora of songs during that era and, for one reason or another, this batch slipped through the cracks.

"To restore the record we returned to the studio to record guitar, bass vocals, etc. which took us about six weeks in my studio and at CRC (Chicago Recording Company) along with Stonecutter studio in downtown Chicago. The skeleton of the song was already in place and we wanted to make sure the record had the feel of where the band is today. We also added a bonus single track ('Dog On A Bone') that we plan on releasing as the first single."

Of course, a huge contributing member to this release was Donnie Vie. "Donnie and I wrote the songs together, as we have on all the ENUFF Z'NUFF albums," Chip continued. "In 2013, Donnie left the band, disillusioned by the business and facing related health issues, and although he will not tour with the band, he still shares in our vision of putting out great music. As he is dealing with his medical condition, we have his blessings on the record and moving forward with me as lead singer.

"When Peter Gabriel left GENESIS, Phil Collins took over lead vocal duties. That is exactly the template we used here as now I front the band and look forward to moving it into the future."

"Clowns Lounge" track listing:

01. Dog On A Bone
02. Runaway
03. Back In Time
04. She Makes It Harder
05. Rockabye Dreamland
06. The Devil Of Shakespeare (feat. Jani Lane and James Young)
07. Radio
08. Good Luv
09. Round And Round
10. Nothing
11. Backstreet Kids
12. One More Hit

ENUFF Z'NUFF is:

Chip Z'nuff - Vocals, electric bass, guitar
Tony Fennell - Electric guitar, vocals
Tory Stoffregen - Lead guitar, vocals
Erik Donner - Drums, percussion, vocals

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/enuff- ... FaE0ByD.99
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

ENUFF Z'NUFF will release its new album, "Diamond Boy", on August 10.

The first single from the disc, "Metalheart", can be streamed below.

ENUFF Z'NUFF is the living, breathing example of what a rock 'n' roll group should be. Now centered around bass player and vocalist Chip Z'nuff, ENUFF Z'NUFF is still alive and kicking with a legion of loyal fans, who can't get enough of the band's power pop melded with hard rock stylings.

This record is the first ENUFF Z'NUFF release where Chip handles all of the vocal duties, which was quite a task, but one he was certainly up for.

"[Singing on the entire album was] very challenging," Chip says. "I'm taking the place of my brother who I consider one of the greatest singers of our generation. The songs on this record are solid as a boulder."

He describes the album as "a fresh new chapter that should have been written a long time ago. Picture David Bowie and THE BEATLES fighting and CHEAP TRICK comes in to break it up."

In addition to Chip Z'nuff, the band features longtime guitarist Tory Stoffregen, ex-ULTRAVOX singer/guitarist Tony Fennell, and Chicago native Daniel Benjamin Hill on drums. ENUFF Z'NUFF continues to tour and record relentlessly and this new record shows once again what a truly gifted hard/power pop act they are. With no shortage of hooks and awesome songs, "Diamond Boy" is another gem in ENUFF Z'NUFF's crown.

Originally formed in 1984 in Chicago, Illinois, ENUFF Z'NUFF received its big break in 1989 when they to Atco/Atlantic Records. Founding members Chip Z'Nuff and Donnie Vie were joined by guitarist Derek Frigo and drummer Vikki Foxx and they commenced work on their major label debut. The self-titled album was a monster hit and spawned two evergreen singles, "New Thing" and "Fly High Michelle". Both received constant airplay on radio and heavy rotation on MTV, spending over 60 weeks in the Top 10. 1991 saw the band release their sophomore album, "Strength". The album had more of a hard rock overtone and sustained the success achieved on the first album. The band made high-profile television and radio appearances through the likes of David Letterman and Howard Stern and were featured in Rolling Stone's Hot Issue as "The Next Big Thing." They soldiered on during the new musical climates of the '90s and went on to release another 12 studio records.

"Diamond Boy" track listing:

01. Transcendence
02. Diamond Boy
03. Where Did You Go
04. We're All The Same
05. Fire & Ice
06. Down On Luck
07. Metalheart
08. Love Is On The Line
09. Faith, Hope & Luv
10. Dopesick
11. Imaginary Man