My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery

L'actualité brulante du Metal traditionnel et de tout ce qui gravite autour.

Modérateurs : Modérateurs du forum, Responsables / Animateurs de sections

BurningDarkness
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par BurningDarkness »

Dernier message de la page précédente :

Très, très dur...
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Message par Everflow »

Rude nouvelle, mais il s'en sort. Enfin, elle...

Nul doute que ça alimentera le prochain album.
I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

My Dying Bride - A HARVEST OF DREAD. TO BE RELEASED MAY 24th! Il s´agit d´une boxset.
"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Everflow
Enemy of Reality
Enemy of Reality

Re: My Dying Bride - Feel the Misery

Message par Everflow »

Avec plein de raretés :
Peaceville will release MY DYING BRIDE's "A Harvest Of Dread" on May 24. It is described as "a deluxe 12-inch 92-page hardback book five-disc set celebrating the rise of the U.K. doom metal legends."

The book features interviews with band members past and present plus others associated with the scene from the early 1990s to present day, giving a great insight into the nature of the sublime beast that is MY DYING BRIDE.

The set contains five discs of rarities, early works, previously unheard pre-production demos, band favorites, and live audio.

Among the essential historical treasures are pre-production tracks from "The Angel And The Dark River" and "Like Gods Of The Sun", plus vastly different development versions of tracks eventually featured on (or intended for) the "34.788%...Complete" album, exhibiting a darker, and leaner sound.

Also featured on the set are a collection of the early works of the band, including the "Towards The Sinister" demo, plus tracks from MY DYING BRIDE's rare early seven-inch releases and EPs, and a previously unheard live concert recorded in 1997 during their tour with CATHEDRAL and THE BLOOD DIVINE.

Joining these rarities are a special selection of catalog tracks chosen by core members Aaron Stainthorpe and Andrew Craighan. The book includes their reflections on why each track holds a particular interest to them, and on the legacy of MY DYING BRIDE.

"A Harvest Of Dread" also notably features a foreword by the legendary Tom G. Warrior of TRIPTYKON, CELTIC FROST and HELLHAMMER fame.

CD 1

01. Vast Choirs
02. The Thrash Of Naked Limbs
03. The Snow In My Hands
04. Black Voyage
05. Apocalypse Woman
06. The Light At The End Of The World
07. Feel The Misery

CD 2

01. Like A Perpetual Funeral
02. Two Winters Only
03. My Hope, The Destroyer
04. I Cannot Be Loved
05. A Doomed Lover
06. You Are Not The One Who Loves Me
07. And Then You Go

CD 3 - Early releases and pre-production tracks

01. Symphonaire Infernus Et Spera Empyrium (demo)
02. Vast Choirs (demo)
03. The Grief Of Age (demo)
04. Catching Feathers (demo)
05. God Is Alone
06. De Sade Soliloquy
07. The Bitterness And The Bereavement
08. The Sexuality Of Bereavement
09. A Sea To Suffer In
10. From Darkest Skies
11. Your Shameful Heaven
12. The Cry Of Mankind (studio instrumental)

CD 4 - Pre-productions and rarities

01. All Swept Away
02. Like Gods Of The Sun
03. The Whore, The Cook, The Mother
04. An Unforgettable Journey
05. I Believe
06. On Monolith
07. Glorious Midnight
08. The Fool
09. The Child Of Eternity
10. Scarborough Fair
11. Failure
12. Hollow Cathedra

CD 5 - Live in Voorst, The Netherlands 1997

01. From Darkest Skies
02. The Cry Of Mankind
03. The Dark Caress
04. For You
05. A Kiss To Remember
06. Like Gods Of The Sun
07. All Swept Away
08. Your Shameful Heaven

I'm the lost one chasing colors to the sun
Colors bleed but never fade
ChaNoir
Guardian of the Flame
Guardian of the Flame

Message par ChaNoir »

OK, wow, now this IS news, it appears that Lindy-Fay Hella has sung on one of the new My Dying Bride tracks and we also have the title of it too. "But Once Black". This is amazing, for those not familiar with Lindy-Fay Hella simply look her up you’ll quickly understand. Anyway here we are.

“This spring I was provided with some music which basically entailed nothing but sorrowful guitar lines from Andrew, with a note that I could do whatever I wanted with it regarding vocal ideas. Given freedom like this is for me very rewarding, unexpected things can come up then. However, when I heard the guitars a certain mood, feeling and melody immediately came into my mind and just would not let go.
My thought was to come up with some other ideas too, so My Dying Bride had something to choose from, but these other ideas just did not feel right.
One morning, waking up with the tune still going in my head, i decided that it had to be this or nothing.
Andrew had already told me that the song was melancholic, but with a kind of light in the end and when I received the lyrics, it all made sense to me. It was like the energy from the guitar playing was the exact same as the lyrics and the words fitted perfectly to the melody.
Although I had the opportunity to cut out some of the words, it felt natural to keep them all. There was some words though that I wanted to emphasize, but i can't reveal them here.

Lindy-Fay Hella June 6th 2019

"And the more I know, the more my bonds to this world dissolve" Lantern
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fière de ma fille! Pour écouter c´est ici: https://siluriancult.bandcamp.com
Répondre